Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

An Old Boot posted:

I'm impressed that someone managed to make sunlight look like smears of urine.

Piss ChristSonic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Amy has some serious issues with Stranger Danger. What happened to you Amy?

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

I am an army of hedgehogs.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Paramemetic posted:

:suicide: stopitstopitstopit

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Is he supposed to be super-saiyan or something?

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Mr. Flunchy posted:

:suicide: stopitstopitstopit

:justpost:

:fut:

Looks like lazerbert might have a prior art claim coming :ohdear:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Paramemetic posted:

Oh my tables

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

I have never wanted to be a hedgehog more in my life.

McSlaughter
Sep 12, 2013

"Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"
I've finally begun my maddeningly beautiful experience of reading this amazing masterpiece. I'm on chapter five, and I just needed to point out...

The artist was self-aware here. Hulk says some poo poo but then Teemo is like "this might be off the subject but what the hells with your arm hulk." HE'S SELF-AWARE BUT HE IS ENTIRELY SERIOUS AT THE SAME TIME. This entire thing is just beyond words.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

That last panel would be a great t-shirt. MEAN WHILE.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

McSlaughter posted:

I've finally begun my maddeningly beautiful experience of reading this amazing masterpiece. I'm on chapter five, and I just needed to point out...

The artist was self-aware here. Hulk says some poo poo but then Teemo is like "this might be off the subject but what the hells with your arm hulk." HE'S SELF-AWARE BUT HE IS ENTIRELY SERIOUS AT THE SAME TIME. This entire thing is just beyond words.

:allears: You're in for some real treats.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

scarycave posted:

This flower field is cursed. Everyone's falling on their face.

Seriously, we've got 2 faceplants in what, 3 pages at this point?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Faceplant Lakeshore would be a pretty bad Sonic level.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I hadn't even considered that the faceplanting might be LB trying to do something consistent with the Sonic universe :psyduck:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Data Graham posted:

I hadn't even considered that the faceplanting might be LB trying to do something consistent with the Sonic universe :psyduck:

Must've played a lot of Smash Brothers Brawl.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.
Guys, if you need to post your OCs so badly, just take 'em into this thread or something.

I cannot get over the nigh zero effort LazyB puts into the Sonic characters' shoes. Everyone basically wears Tails' shoes with the colors reversed.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I'm absolutely loving this flashback segment. The amount of detail Lazerbot is putting into the background foliage is incredible.

Sorry to post a slight tangent, but the PS3 game where Aramek (our resident TGT voice actor) is voicing the main character and a bunch of other people is out now and getting some pretty good reviews! It's cross-buy, too, so you get the Vita version for free when it comes out in December.

Stick It To The Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmPae_q66Rw

Congrats, dude!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That looks like the kind of game I would play a lot. Too bad I have no PS3 or Vita.

I recognise at least one voice that resemble the one from TGT. Specifically the guy that sounds a bit like Eggman.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

Sorry to post a slight tangent, but the PS3 game where Aramek (our resident TGT voice actor) is voicing the main character and a bunch of other people is out now and getting some pretty good reviews! It's cross-buy, too, so you get the Vita version for free when it comes out in December.

Stick It To The Man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmPae_q66Rw

Congrats, dude!

I've been playing this, and it's awesome. The art design and voice work reminds me a lot of Psychonauts, but there's a lot more hand-drawn artwork. Hearing Aramek in it is really cool too.

Also,

I win. If you call this winning.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Thanks, friends. :glomp: It isn't a very long game, but, there was no part where I felt bored playing it, so, it is solid and fast paced. Plus, it is fun that all of us did multiple roles apiece.

Ruttiger
Nov 3, 2004

The music itself is changing.
Great game, or greatest game?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Aramek posted:

Thanks, friends. :glomp: It isn't a very long game, but, there was no part where I felt bored playing it, so, it is solid and fast paced. Plus, it is fun that all of us did multiple roles apiece.

:hfive: I'm a few chapters in, but I'm looking forward to seeing all the characters you voice.

E: Silver Surfer for the NES

Ruttiger posted:

Is your name Super-Saiyan Otacon?

That Fucking Sned fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Nov 21, 2013

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Did you put Tails Gets Trolled on your resume, Aramek?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

Did you put Tails Gets Trolled on your resume, Aramek?

I imagine Aramek sending a dvd along with his résumé as a portfolio of his work.

The first track would be something from his game, and then the next track would start with MEAN WHILE and be TGT chapter 4

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That loving Sned posted:

I win. If you call this winning.

When is Thomas going to get to his dad's basement already?

cyfad
Sep 29, 2009

Welcome to the human race.

Ruttiger posted:

Oh holy poo poo, this game. Don't you guys get bonus text explaining the totally original character that you share a name with? Anyway, here are the top results for Kiran Hedgehog.

quote:

Kiran the Hedgecat! I adore him. He is the would-be kid of Silver the Hedgehog and Blaze the cat...

So, why do his spines look more like Sonic's than Silver's? The chief reason is simply because it was easier to get a little more of Blaze's looks into a hadgehog-like form with spines more like Sonic's, and my friends and I also think that Silver is one of Sonic's descendants.

Why a square gem instead of a round one? Meh. I wanted to try something new; most decent pixel artists can do a round gem. But square? That's a bit harder. My excuse/explaination is that men of royal blood from Blaze's dimension wear square gems and girls wear round ones. XD

Silver and Blaze belong to SEGA
The artwork and Kiran belong to ME. DO NOT STEAL!
well, doesn't count as hedgehog, i guess, but still as funny/awkward/disturbing

quote:

brothers till the end =]
kira and kiran the wolf
by shadow2rulez
anyways kiran is a soul and kira always stays with him
X3 its pretty cute be be honest
drat, still no hedgehog.

quote:

Kiran the hedgehog (meaning "beam of light") was formed during Chronos's accident and is a photon-based being that has photokinesis (control over light.) Other than what has been explained, nothing is really known about him.

Powers: Is basically a living laser. He can shoot lasers, bend light around himself to become completely invisible, can supercondense light, creating insane amounts of heat and can cook something alive. He can also make an area completely devoid of light.
now that one counts!

quote:

Kiran is not a hedgehog, the last picture I posted was a prototype.
Aw gently caress.

This game feels so weird. I never met somebody I share my name with and now I have these images in my head.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Oh boy all this game talk. It's making me want to do something again.
Also Congrats Aramek.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

cyfad posted:

well, doesn't count as hedgehog, i guess, but still as funny/awkward/disturbing

I'm no pixel artist, but wouldn't drawing a square be vastly easier than drawing a circle?

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
Congrats, Aramek! I'll have to keep you in mind when I need voicework!

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
A few years ago there was that annoying meme about a game that you'd lose just by being reminded it exists.

This is the same thing.

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009

Oh come on, that's cheating. Your name might as well be Azeroth Bladerunner.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

lazerbot posted:

sorry i didn't upload a page yesterday like i was suppose to but my internet crashed and it was down all day, i will be sure to upload a page later today when ever i can

I can't wait

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

tiistai posted:

I can't wait

You lack patience.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Frankston posted:

I'm no pixel artist, but wouldn't drawing a square be vastly easier than drawing a circle?

He might just mean the light/shadow details on the jewel, which is of course different between a square and round gem. And much like anime eyes, there are shortcuts to draw round gems that look passable. Not that it really mattes since it's equally easy to draw both.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Please Don't Touch Me: The Story of Autism

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Blackheart posted:

I'm sad to inform you that it means you have to create it yourself. Open MS Paint and hedgehog away.

A few days late, but I rose to the occasion.

His skateboard is an ancient relic from the Echidna civilization which he is from despite being a hedgehog because he can time travel to wherever. Also his gun shoots Chaos Emeralds so he has unlimited Chaos power.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Now I lack patience.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

scarycave posted:

Now I lack patience.

You see now?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
I made a short game that I was hoping to put up here to distract from the whole waiting thing but Mediafire says it appears malicious so - its not going to happen I guess.

Did he ever get around to uploading that new page yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

scarycave posted:

Did he ever get around to uploading that new page yet?

THANK YOU