Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So no has any Orthos Prime Blades or Capture keys they want to get rid of? I have Barrel Diffusion, Blind Rage, Focus, Streamline, Stretch, Accelerated Blast, Rifle Ammo Mutation, Serration, Shred, Thunderbolt etc.

Also have quite a few T3 Mobile Defense, Defense and Survival keys.

edit: oh what, no bp or item part trading yet? lame. Still keen for T2-3 Capture keys though.

CODChimera fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Nov 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Lemon Curdistan posted:

This is the dumbest thing since the Wraith crit rate was definitely not a bug.

Guess I won't be logging in until they hotfix the hotfix.

e; so does damage 2.0 actually make the lovely weapons viable now?

Enemies seem super weak right now, so who knows. We'll have to wait for the patches to settle out a bit before we know what's what.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
This patch turned my murderous space killer into an idiotic space tourist. I just stand there and snap pictures of everything, be it gun wielding space marine, resource container or computer intercace... completely oblivious to all the killing going on around me. And for some retarded reason I'm enjoying it. I guess the damage thingy is also nice, haven't had time testing it yet with all the pictures I have to take.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Right now my mod layouts are +damage, +multishot, +whatever of the three base damage types that weapon has highest, (optional mods to fix weapon short comings like fire rate or the crit mods for the crit seeking weapons), + however much fire and ice I can fit in for explosive which seems to do more damage than any other combination of effects.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Bushmaori posted:

Is this game always so buggy after new releases?
Major releases tend to bring a lot of bugs with them, and this was a particularly massive and disruptive one. Things are gonna be a bit crazy for the next few days at least.

That said, lag hasn't been an issue for me (well, no more than usual), most of my gripes so far are about UI stuff.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

I AM THE MOON posted:

my Ravage mod disappeared. It's just gone. Good thing they nerfed shotgun crits apparently?

Send a support ticket here http://support.warframe.com and they will get you back anything you're missing.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kokoro Wish posted:

So's melee being unlocked from the camera now.

What's the "right" setting for that? I started on the PS4 and I can't get a feel for what works best yet.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Jesus christ, I just finished my Acrid like 3 days ago and at rank 8 (potatoed) it was one-shotting* lvl 20-30 Grineer (*if you waited for all the ticks) and now it is as strong as a nerf water gun. Ridiculous how the combat rank 7 weapon that used to be King of All Rotating The Sun is now a tickle gun.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Logged in for the first time in a couple months and the game bombards me with 52 unlocked achievements. How different is this game now? What the hell is an invasion?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Kilometers Davis posted:

What's the "right" setting for that? I started on the PS4 and I can't get a feel for what works best yet.

Whichever setting you're more comfortable with, really. It's like camera inversion.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Dezztroy posted:

Logged in for the first time in a couple months and the game bombards me with 52 unlocked achievements. How different is this game now? What the hell is an invasion?

I have to ask this as well. Some PS4 friends of mine are dragging me back in kicking and screaming because of cross-platform play.

To give an idea of how old my account is, the last significant thing I did with it was exploit the beta glitch to get around 30+ Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors each.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Nov 21, 2013

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I just started building that lightning whip thing because hey, whips are neat. Did I just waste a bunch of resources?

Oh, that new frame, is she any good? I figure I might as well spend the rest of my 800 platinum on something.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Nov 21, 2013

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Why the christ is it taking longer than usual to level up your weapons and warframes?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
I already have Ember, but I thought I'd take a look at Sargas Ruk to see how they changed him since I liked him in the last event. Yup, he's a real boss fight now, stomping around in huge armour and setting everything on fire. Kicked the poo poo out of me and blew my reviveless corpse over the railings with a giant flame explosion. I wish I had recorded that.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Nov 21, 2013

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Couple of questions: How do you equip a scanner? And have they said anything about an overall reward for this event like the last one?

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
The lazy sentinel should be taking all the goddamn pokemon ranger pictures. I have real work to do like wearing pretty scarves and punching butts.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

hooah posted:

Couple of questions: How do you equip a scanner? And have they said anything about an overall reward for this event like the last one?

Buy it in the market, equip it in a gear slot, bind a key to that gear slot. There's no reward other than a badge (and battle pay, of course).

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Tallgeese posted:

I have to ask this as well. Some PS4 friends of mine are dragging me back in kicking and screaming because of cross-platform play.

To give an idea of how old my account is, the last significant thing I did with it was exploit the beta glitch to get around 30+ Orokin Catalysts and Orokin Reactors each.
There's a short list of some of the more major changes in the OP (well, second post). I'd suggest checking that out first. I'll probably update it again in a few days or so when all the hullabaloo around Update 11 has had time to settle a bit, but it should be enough in its current state to give you an idea.

Dezztroy posted:

I just started building that lightning whip thing because hey, whips are neat. Did I just waste a bunch of resources?
I don't think anyone here has been silly enough to rush a build/buy one outright yet, so we'll just have to wait and see. I seriously doubt it'll be amazing, but variety is nice I guess? The codex has it doing pure electric damage, which means Sundering Strike and Rending Strike (at least the puncture damage portion of it) are probably useless on it.

hooah posted:

1. Gear section of the arsenal. It's also a good idea to assign whatever slot you stuck it in to a hotkey.
2. I believe the reward will be the unlocking of the new gas planet Corpus tileset and Alad V (who drops Valkyr part blueprints) as a boss to go along with it.

JackMackerel posted:

Why the christ is it taking longer than usual to level up your weapons and warframes?
Enemy levels dropped across the board, but they didn't up the experience gain to compensate. :downs:

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Piell posted:

Buy it in the market, equip it in a gear slot, bind a key to that gear slot. There's no reward other than a badge (and battle pay, of course).

I figured something like that, but after I bought it, it wasn't showing up anywhere. I guess I'll try again; it's only 500 credits.

Edit: Nope, the market says I have 25 of the suckers, but they don't show up in my inventory anywhere. WTF, DE.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hooah posted:

Edit: Nope, the market says I have 25 of the suckers, but they don't show up in my inventory anywhere. WTF, DE.
Go to your arsenal. Select the Gear button in the bottom left. Select one of the 8 slots there. Click the scanner. Click Equip.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Helter Skelter posted:

Go to your arsenal. Select the Gear button in the bottom left. Select one of the 8 slots there. Click the scanner. Click Equip.

Oh, poo poo. Duh. I haven't equipped gear in so long I'd forgotten that that's what I have equipped, not what I have available.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Glad I decided to sleep on buying Valkyr with Platinum. Apparently Hysteria can completely break your melee, and she is completely immune to damage but not knockdown (which breaks melee if it happens during Hysteria) during it. Paralyze is only 5 energy, but also halves your shields on use.

Ripline is reportedly doing 1000+ damage a hit and can pull teammates, though!

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
I'm pissed, but not surprised they didn't allow you to trade Warframe/Weapon parts.

I'm seriously considering buying a Void key pack, I've had zero Tier 3 Exterminate keys drop for me, even at all the usual spots.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

JackMackerel posted:

I'm pissed, but not surprised they didn't allow you to trade Warframe/Weapon parts.

I'm seriously considering buying a Void key pack, I've had zero Tier 3 Exterminate keys drop for me, even at all the usual spots.
1. Trading may expand later, I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility for later.

2. Buying a pack wouldn't guarantee you one either. Just keep running survival missions to 15 minutes (bring other goons if you can, more keys to go around that way).

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Helter Skelter posted:

1. Trading may expand later, I wouldn't rule it out as a possibility for later.

2. Buying a pack wouldn't guarantee you one either. Just keep running survival missions to 15 minutes (bring other goons if you can, more keys to go around that way).

I've had good luck with the pluto survival missions, managed to get several T3 Exterminate keys. Only thing is I realy want T3 Capture so I can build the orthos prime ffs.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

JackMackerel posted:

I thought weapon parts were explicitly one of the things we'd be able to trade. On the other hand, I thought platinum was explicitly one of the thing we wouldn't be able to trade, so what do I know?

Just beg some tower runs in clan chat. I've got multiple T3 exterminate keys and no real reason to use them. Probably some other people are the same. It's just after a major patch and there's an event running, so there should be plenty of people playing.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I'm pretty sure you can trade warframe part blueprints. I don't think you can trade anything that was cooked in the Foundry. I don't know if you can trade Void weapon part drops or even resources.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Male Man posted:

I thought weapon parts were explicitly one of the things we'd be able to trade. On the other hand, I thought platinum was explicitly one of the thing we wouldn't be able to trade, so what do I know?

Just beg some tower runs in clan chat. I've got multiple T3 exterminate keys and no real reason to use them. Probably some other people are the same. It's just after a major patch and there's an event running, so there should be plenty of people playing.

wid posted:

I'm pretty sure you can trade warframe part blueprints. I don't think you can trade anything that was cooked in the Foundry. I don't know if you can trade Void weapon part drops or even resources.

Apparently, the forums brayed loud enough about how noobs should spend 50 hours grinding the same loving dungeon over and over for weapon parts, so mods/plat/keys are the only thing allowed to be traded.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

At least blueprints are guaranteed rewards from bosses now. I do not miss the days of hoping for a drop, then hoping it would be the part you need.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
So does anyone know what the various enemy races are weak to yet? You'd think that information (and what elements combine into what) would be part of the Codex, but it doesn't seem to be.

Knowing how much slash, puncture and blunt damage I have is useless information if I don't know which is good against which enemy type.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

I've been farting around in this game for a while now and it's quite fun, if buggy.

What weapon should I be aiming for as a Nova? I like bullet hoses, run-and-gun and things that reload quickly.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Schubalts posted:

At least blueprints are guaranteed rewards from bosses now. I do not miss the days of hoping for a drop, then hoping it would be the part you need.

This isn't the case if you need a Prime part, like the loving Frost Prime Systems that have been eluding me for months, now. :negative:

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
This game is pretty fun, reminds me of EYE: Divine Cybermancy. Are there hammers btw?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

amuayse posted:

This game is pretty fun, reminds me of EYE: Divine Cybermancy. Are there hammers btw?

The Fragor is a giant gently caress-off hammer. Used to be it would send enemies flying on a kill, but I don't think it will now that physics impact damage isn't a thing anymore.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in? My launcher's freezing on "checking for updates".

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
I did some Pokémon Snap in the void last night and I found out that corrupted lancers drop the toxin damage for rifles. I could see us goons running a buncha void survival.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Feindfeuer posted:

This patch turned my murderous space killer into an idiotic space tourist. I just stand there and snap pictures of everything, be it gun wielding space marine, resource container or computer intercace... completely oblivious to all the killing going on around me. And for some retarded reason I'm enjoying it. I guess the damage thingy is also nice, haven't had time testing it yet with all the pictures I have to take.
Right?! It's like the Bioshock research camera all over again! :negative:
From what I've done so far, level doodads and special NPCs (rescuees and capture targets) can be ignored, they don't have codex entries. Yet.
Rollers can be tricky, but I got a bunch by letting them grind against the cryopod on Kiste for just long enough to get a photo before stomping on them.
Ospreys are very problematic, but you can take photos of friendly NPCs, so take advantage of this during the U11 Invasion event.
Starting to take the photo breaks Shade stealth, last I tried.
Bosses only need three photos.

Helter Skelter posted:

1. Gear section of the arsenal. It's also a good idea to assign whatever slot you stuck it in to a hotkey.
Using the hotkey for whatever you put the scanner in will switch between the scanner and your last used weapon. Convenient.

Kokoro Wish posted:

I already have Ember, but I thought I'd take a look at Sargas Ruk to see how they changed him since I liked him in the last event.
I went after him to have a look and take photos, going Rhino, Mag Prime (sadly he was immune to ragdolling by the time I tried), Rhino, and primarily using a L30 0-Forma Brakk (Ignis didn't do jack poo poo).
What the Christ. Let me get this straight. He's invulnerable in general, like Kril. His weak spot is only exposed by shooting him (or his weapon? Not sure, was using Brakk) while he's using a power (the homing fireball or anything fancier, I never got any results while he's just doing the regular flamethrower). This flares up a location on his armor (first his left shoulder, then chest, then back), through which he can take damage. The location flareups seem to go by thirds on his health bar, and can go out if you don't hit them for long enough. And finally he falls on his face. Aside from the flamethrower, none of his attacks seem reliably provokable, he just brings them out depending on the stage of the fight, so it takes for loving ever.
Also, his flamethrower is... nothing special? The homing fireball does knockdown but doesn't track too well, his fire shockwave does a pile of damage and knockdown while being stupidly huge, and his ground eruption firestorm leads your movement and does knockdown but at least telegraphs itself alright. DE seems to have improved their leading system so if you run against a wall the next location is right at your feet instead of some distance ahead on the other side of the wall - I thought Corpus aim suddenly improved a while ago, this confirms it to me.
He looks cool and all but god drat it, DE, another one of these bosses? And where the gently caress is my Ember buff with Ruk-level powers?
I do like his casual stroll, though.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Young Orc

DatonKallandor posted:

So does anyone know what the various enemy races are weak to yet? You'd think that information (and what elements combine into what) would be part of the Codex, but it doesn't seem to be.

Knowing how much slash, puncture and blunt damage I have is useless information if I don't know which is good against which enemy type.

This is the Damage 2.0 work in progress chart they posted a few weeks back

Those almost certainly aren't the final numbers, but the categories of what stuff is weak vs strong against is probably still correct for the most part.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Male Man posted:

The Fragor is a giant gently caress-off hammer. Used to be it would send enemies flying on a kill, but I don't think it will now that physics impact damage isn't a thing anymore.

Is anyone else having trouble logging in? My launcher's freezing on "checking for updates".

It still does, but not as much as it used to, sadly.

Urgh, if I recall, that's a pretty common problem (I've had friends off-site report it) and DE's been lazy about it.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I've been greatly enjoying my Boltor since I made it, mainly since it made Ancients waaaayyyyyyyy easier to kill. Has the update made it bad now? And has it made Ancients easier to kill with other weapons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
So how the hell do you scan stuff? I looked around the keybindings in Options, and I didn't find anything.