Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gdsfjkl
Feb 28, 2011

TomWaitsForNoMan posted:

Are there any other significant issues with BG2EE?
The most significant new bug that springs to mind is that sometimes the game crashes when saving, and you end up with a saved game that looks completely black with no party members but can still be loaded. If you do load this save a lot of variables are reset and quests will start bugging out.

VVVVV oh :downs:

gdsfjkl fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Nov 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

uwu culture posted:

The most significant new bug that springs to mind is that sometimes the game crashes when saving, and you end up with a saved game that looks completely black with no party members but can still be loaded. If you do load this save a lot of variables are reset and quests will start bugging out.

That sounds like the memory leak crash that patch is supposed to fix.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I've noticed that Jaheira's resurrection spell doesn't work.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Max Wilco posted:

In that case, I'll stick to being a mage and recruit Dak'kon.

Since I was starting over, I decided to just reinstall the game along with all the mods. Something that might be worth noting is that the GOG installer changed, so instead of installing under the Program Files directory, the game now installs directly under the C drive (ex. C:\GOG Games\Planescape Torment). I also downloaded updated versions of the mods. Hopefully, that will fix the crashing, but if it doesn't, I'll remember what you said and try disabling the widescreen mod first to see if it's the cause.

Is there a certain minimum I should have in Charisma? The suggested build in the OP says to have a Wisdom of 18, an Intelligence of 16, and a Charisma of 14. If Charisma doesn't need to be that high, where should I distribute the remaining points?
Keep in mind that while Dak'kon can hurt things nice and good, his HP is fairly crap. He's got a bit of armour, but he can't stand up to punishment like Morte or a melee-centric Nameless One can.

As for Charisma? Friends nets you 2-8 CHA every time you use it, and I think you can stack it with itself (or just use the Maximized Friends mod). You should be able to find a scroll of it not long after leaving the Hive, as well as a tattoo that lets you cast it and a dude who sells magic candies that cast Friends.

Off the top of my head, there's only one really important CHA-based conversation, and it comes about half-way through the game. There are a couple sidequests in the Hive that you need decent CHA for, though. So you basically have a choice: bump up charisma early on so you can do those sidequests in the Hive, or leave charisma lower so you don't have "wasted points" when you pick up Friends.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
I've got another bug: Rasaad just called me a woman. I am male.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Baron Bifford posted:

I've got another bug: Rasaad just called me a woman. I am male.
Maybe you could equip the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity and roll with it.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Factor_VIII posted:

Maybe you could equip the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity and roll with it.

Srs question: will Shar-Teel's scripting break if she talks to a character with the Belt equipped?

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay

uwu culture posted:

VVVVV oh :downs:

From the patch notes it sounds like this happens if you save from the "quit game" screen, so try not to do that until the patch is out.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

razorrozar posted:

Srs question: will Shar-Teel's scripting break if she talks to a character with the Belt equipped?
I tried one game with the PC wearing the belt to see what would happen. A male PC will be treated by NPCs as a female if he/she has the belt equipped. So if you have a PC with the belt on and no male NPCs in the party, Shar-Teel will just treat the group as if they're all women and won't issue her challenge. Also a PC with the belt on will cause Durlyle (the male NPC) instead of Delainy (the female one) to spawn on the werewolf island.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Speaking of which, are there any of the "traditional" BG1 mods (e.g. BG1UB, fixpacks, etc.) that aren't included in EE? Trying to figure out how much extra stuff I need to install to get EE up to the same level as a normal modded BGT install.

Requoting myself since it went unnoticed: should I install UB, the fixpack, etc. on top of EE?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I installed yesterday and added the tweak pack (need my convenient huge stacks of missiles after all), and several of the components were auto-skipped because they had already been changed (can't remember the exact message). Given I had installed no other mods, I assume that's what happens in the occasion that the EE has changed things from the original. At least with the rules-changing mods that are confirmed to work. As for content-adding or restoring stuff I have no idea.

Zilkin
Jan 9, 2009

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Requoting myself since it went unnoticed: should I install UB, the fixpack, etc. on top of EE?

Fixpack no, BG1 UB is does not work with BGEE.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I finished Hexxat's first quest where she kills the other chick and she ran off and told me to meet her somewhere. I wasn't paying attention at the time and just clicked through the dialogue, and the journal entry doesn't mention where she is. I checked the CC anyway since that's kind of the default, but she doesn't appear to be anywhere inside it, so where did she go exactly?

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Thats where she should be, chilling way in the back corner, behind the stairs.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006

Insurrectionist posted:

I finished Hexxat's first quest where she kills the other chick and she ran off and told me to meet her somewhere. I wasn't paying attention at the time and just clicked through the dialogue, and the journal entry doesn't mention where she is. I checked the CC anyway since that's kind of the default, but she doesn't appear to be anywhere inside it, so where did she go exactly?

She might still be in the tomb. When she leaves after your first meeting, you goes looking for that cloak Dragomir dropped. If you picked it up, she demands to have it because she can't go outside during the day.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

Kieyen posted:

She might still be in the tomb. When she leaves after your first meeting, you goes looking for that cloak Dragomir dropped. If you picked it up, she demands to have it because she can't go outside during the day.

Ah, that seems a strange way of doing an event-sequence. I even specifically walked all the way out instead of Ctrl+J backtrack, just in case I had to do so. Reloading a save from before I left the tomb and walking back to the end worked, thanks.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Insurrectionist posted:

Has anyone tried the Rogue Rebalancing mod? If so, how balanced is it? I don't want to play with a ton of mods my first time through, but I figured pure thieves are so useless, something that makes them less useless would be nice to have (also I want to make Imoen a bard this time through, and they're also kind of poo poo unless they're Blades, at least until HLAs). But I'd rather go with an underpowered party than having Hexxat and Imoen blow up everything.

Also, the new scripts (I assume they're from the game since I only have the tweakpack and item randomizer mods installed) look like they'll be really useful. Finally some that aren't completely useless like the original scripts, or incredibly versatile but requiring ten times as much work and hotkey-pressing as Dragon Age.

I personally really like it, and have used it in every game since about 2007. I can't speak for bards, as I don't think I've ever used one, but my pure thief runs were a lot more managable overall. It's also been recently updated so the BG1 relevant components work with BG1:EE.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Nov 21, 2013

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Suspicious posted:

No, being mazed ending the game has always been a solo only thing. It's imprisonment that ends the game even if you have party members able to free your PC.

Which makes the Improved Abazigal fight super annoying since for some reason they decided to give him imprison. I've had so many times in that fight where I'm close to winning and he's imprisoned my pc, and it's pretty annoying because that fight is very difficult so having to reload when you basically just about won is a tough break.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Many of the "Improved" fights are bullshit. I like a lot of the SCS changes, but always leave those off.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

voltron lion force posted:

Many of the "Improved" fights are bullshit. I like a lot of the SCS changes, but always leave those off.

They aren't actually done by SCS, at least not the throne of bhaal ones. The TOB ones were done by I believe David Gaider, who actually worked on the original game.

I like them, personally. They're challenging for sure but beatable. Imp Yaga-Shura is probably my favorite just because it turns that into a massive fight where you can just have a blast unloading with your high level spells.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Oh right the ascension mod. Yeah I always install that and immediately forget about it. I don't think I've ever played ToB without it so its normal to me I guess. SCS2 does have further changes to those fights though IIRC.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Vigilance posted:

Which makes the Improved Abazigal fight super annoying since for some reason they decided to give him imprison. I've had so many times in that fight where I'm close to winning and he's imprisoned my pc, and it's pretty annoying because that fight is very difficult so having to reload when you basically just about won is a tough break.
It's been a while since I fought that battle. Would Spell Immunity: Abjuration help in that fight, or do the enemies throw too many dispels for it to be of use?

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Spell immunity: abjuration also stops and protects against dispel/remove magic, so you're covered.

The way I handle improved Abazigal is to ignore him so he stays in his fairly harmless human form until everything else is dead, then unload on him. He typically doesn't have time to do anything before dying.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
All SCS does to Ascension fights is update the AI I think. As far as I'm aware, SCS makes no changes to Ascension enemies, equips etc. I really need to use that mod again, its been years.

Edit.

Looks like the not dying bug in the final battle was fixed a while back, a definite download for me again.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Yeah that's correct. Also for BG2 SoA, SCS2 improved fights usually come in two variants, either a total conversion from the Tactics mod, or just its own hybrid implementations. The Tactics ones are usually the ones people call bullshit, but they can be interesting in their own right.

I always have trouble with the Shadow Shade though whenever I play SCS2. I think it's because of the order I do my chapter 2 quests and I rarely deviate much.

John McCain
Jan 29, 2009
The Shade Lord in SCS2 is hard as gently caress. It has an AoE level drain that (iirc) heals itself and NPP only lasts 5 rounds.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Rascyc posted:

Yeah that's correct. Also for BG2 SoA, SCS2 improved fights usually come in two variants, either a total conversion from the Tactics mod, or just its own hybrid implementations. The Tactics ones are usually the ones people call bullshit, but they can be interesting in their own right.
My experience with Tactics was installing it, meeting with Improved Ilyich and watching as his cleric summoned a Fallen Deva to face off against my level 8 party. The advice for dealing with that was that you had to disrupt the cleric's spellcasting if you want to stand a chance of winning. I uninstalled Tactics after that.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

If I wanted to make a shapeshifter druid in Baldur's Gate 1 (enhanced), what stats am I actually wanting. The spells need wisdom right? Even though the game says Charisma is the primary stat of a druid. But then I'm assuming I'll also want strength as a werewolf focused druid, so I'm staring at my roll of 88 and not sure where to put my points.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I once did a BIG World install where I told it to install standard. It installed the Expert pack instead. It was painful. Tactics really is bullshit. It's basically designed to defeat players who know how to play the game. If you want a challenge after you've mastered Baldur's Gate that's great. Otherwise you shouldn't bother.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Factor_VIII posted:

My experience with Tactics was installing it, meeting with Improved Ilyich and watching as his cleric summoned a Fallen Deva to face off against my level 8 party. The advice for dealing with that was that you had to disrupt the cleric's spellcasting if you want to stand a chance of winning. I uninstalled Tactics after that.

I cheesed it by avoiding their patrol area and grabbing Yoshimo ASAP, then spamming his traps and clicking dual class/canceling to refill them. If the mod cheats then so will I.

The worst part of "improved" Ilyich is how the gang uses an alarm call to warn each other when they see you (so you can't peel them off 1 by 1), that also turns the captive dryads hostile. This means you can't complete their quest or the genie one for the sword of chaos. Yay.

It's supposed to be a joke though?

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

LibbyM posted:

But then I'm assuming I'll also want strength as a werewolf focused druid, so I'm staring at my roll of 88 and not sure where to put my points.
In your polymorphed form your physical stats are set at a certain value regardless of your base stats. As a result, if you plan to spend most of your time in werewolf form your physical stats don't matter that much. Even your hit points change to match the werewolf form's constitution. You might as well therefore max out Wisdom and Charisma and have a decent Intelligence to deal with Mind Flayers.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Factor_VIII posted:

In your polymorphed form your physical stats are set at a certain value regardless of your base stats. As a result, if you plan to spend most of your time in werewolf form your physical stats don't matter that much. Even your hit points change to match the werewolf form's constitution. You might as well therefore max out Wisdom and Charisma and have a decent Intelligence to deal with Mind Flayers.

Thank you.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Don't completely neglect your physical stats though. The shapeshifter class is really powerful right after it gets a new form, but those forms don't scale up with level. There will be extended periods when you are more effective as a caster than as a werewolf. What I'm saying is don't take your physical stats into the negatives.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Suspicious posted:

I cheesed it by avoiding their patrol area and grabbing Yoshimo ASAP, then spamming his traps and clicking dual class/canceling to refill them. If the mod cheats then so will I.

The worst part of "improved" Ilyich is how the gang uses an alarm call to warn each other when they see you (so you can't peel them off 1 by 1), that also turns the captive dryads hostile. This means you can't complete their quest or the genie one for the sword of chaos. Yay.

It's supposed to be a joke though?
Yeah it's a joke, and they pitch as a "readme.txt" check. It's dumb. Nobody sane turns on Improved Ilyich, and I think it's actually by default off in SCS. The last time I used SCS they actually added predefine installs.

The Improved Irenicus fight in SCS2 is "what the gently caress is going on" fight and is also equally frustrating at times, requiring a lot of wipes to pick up on the mechanics of each boss while simultaneously fighting UI problems regarding all the poo poo that's being used (mostly because Beholderes spam the poo poo out of your log).

I never really quite got what the Improved Bodhi fight was all about. I see a lot of people saying you should turn it off, but I've always just carved straight through it and have never been the wiser about what just happened.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
They gave Bodhi a bunch of evil cleric and mage spells because, why not, she's a boss! No no she can't just be a vampire, we have to make everything arbitrarily hard.

I had forgotten about "improved" Irenicus. Your party is knocked unconscious so he steals some of your items. Not all your items mind you. And also doesn't outright kill you because reasons? Argh so dumb.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Tactics also used completely un-interruptable spells, it created potions out of thin air, rather than actually giving them to enemies and had use of Time Stop in Chain Contingencies, amongst other things. The idea of trying to create a mod like that was good. Execution was flawed though. At least with SCS, the potions are actually *there* in the enemies inventory.

The components of Tactics that are used in SCS can be toned down on install (Improved Bodhi is the most obvious example, Improved De'Arnise Keep another) or were ignored completely when SCS was made. (Improved Irenicus was removed recently, and even then it was only the 1st part with no item theft) I think the SCS version of Improved Ilyich just swaps the goblin spawns for small groups of duergar.

The main thing about SCS that makes it a must for me is the vastly improved AI from vanilla. It really makes a massive difference to the game in my opinion. The tactical challenges are nice and all, but the AI is the big thing.

biscuits and crazy fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Nov 22, 2013

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
BG2:EE patch is live:

quote:

Patch 1.2.2030

Performance Improvements

#7036: Memory leaks with ground piles no longer an issue
#6994: Saving the game from the “Quit Game” menu now generates a proper screenshot and portraits for the Load Game screen
#6902: The game UI no longer flashes on screen before starting the game (Black Pits II).
#7047: Pressing the up or down arrows on the Record screen no longer crashes the game.

General Enhancements

#7010: Action icons are now much more clearly active or inactive (active buttons are no longer gray-scaled).
#7011: Multi-class kit names now display correctly in the statistics panel of the Record screen (Jaheira’s classes, for example, now list “Fighter” and “Druid” instead of “Fighter/Druid” and “Fighter/Druid”).
#4605: Creature spawns no longer disappear when loading a saved game.
#6942: Speaking characters now display the white feedback circle under their avatars regardless of the setting in Options > Gameplay > Feedback.
#6991: The Options screen from the main menu now displays the game logo correctly.
#7026: Neera now waits near the entrance to the Hidden Refuge if you refuse to let her join the party in the Wild Forest.
#7032: Neera's "Wooden Horse Necklace" is now properly treated as a magical protection item.
#7048: The blindness effect during the Blinding Sun trial now correctly offers a saving throw.
#7040: The collarbell's deafness effect now wears off properly after resting.
#7046: NPC dialogue loop with Hexxat, Dorn, and Rasaad closed in the Underdark.
#7014: Timmoth's dialogue no longer forms an infinite loop (Black Pits II).
#6955: Bards with the Set Spiked Trap high-level ability may now correctly set the trap. (Requires a new game to take effect if your bard is already at least level 24.)
#7008: Timmoth's dialogue no longer displays "no valid replies or links" after talking about a confrontation with the Winged (Black Pits II)
#7027: Hexxat no longer talks to herself while talking to Haer'Dalis.
#7053: Dorn's patron is no longer mentioned during Bodhi's scene if Dorn has no patron at that point.
#7059: Hexxat no longer teleports away during the Bodhi "kidnapping" sequence.
#7061: Dragomir no longer disappears after resting in another area.
#7062: Dorn no longer repeats his post-sparring romance talk after the player rejects his advances.
#7068: Stannel no longer gives away the ending like a jerk (Black Pits II).
#7071: Hexxat no longer bugs the player to hurry up and get to Dragomir's Tomb...if the player is already there.
#7072: The new (EE) NPCs no longer appear as options in Phaere's dialogue if they are not currently in the party.
#7087: WIlson's claws are now flagged as magical weapons.
#7088: Dennaton no longer transports into the arena by the effects of Striv's Wrangler (Black Pits II).
#6165: Slings and throwing daggers no longer grant a THAC0 bonus from Strength.
#7076: Weapon Mastery (as well as High Mastery and Grand Mastery) now grants the correct (as advertised) bonuses to THAC0, Damage, and APR.
#7097: Fallen Rangers and Dragon Disciples now list their correct class names on the Record screen and in their Kit Descriptions.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Does anyone know off the top of their head which of the BG2 fixpack fixes causes items to have the wrong description text in BG1EE? Before I go uninstalling them one by one to figure it out.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Does anyone know off the top of their head which of the BG2 fixpack fixes causes items to have the wrong description text in BG1EE? Before I go uninstalling them one by one to figure it out.

...why would you use the BG2 fixpack in BG1EE?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Man some of the character selection/action audio clips in baldur's gate 1 were BAD.