Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Azran posted:

So how the hell do you scan stuff? I looked around the keybindings in Options, and I didn't find anything.

Buy the scanner in the market, equip it in a gear slot in the Arsenal, bind a key to that gear slot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Schubalts posted:

At least blueprints are guaranteed rewards from bosses now. I do not miss the days of hoping for a drop, then hoping it would be the part you need.

Oh no wonder things seemed to drop so much easier! I was like, man I'm lucky for getting blueprints.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Piell posted:

Buy the scanner in the market, equip it in a gear slot in the Arsenal, bind a key to that gear slot.

You have to also go into 'aiming' mode before you can actually scan things when you have the scanner out.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Okay, so can you guys tell me how to get more weapons fast? Everything seems to cost a lot of those blue squares or silver circles. Not that there's anything wrong the Braton, it's just sort of boring.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
A friend of mine bought Valkyr outright last night and I gotta say that I'm jealous. She looks cool and her grapple looks really fun. I can't wait until we can fight Alad. Is experiance still borked?

I also have Nyx coming out of the oven today. Does she have any "must have" mods? She seems like a neato frame overall.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

^^^^ Power duration, power range, and power efficiency are best for Nyx. Beyond that just go with the standards like rush and redirection. Nyx only really has one good skill (chaos), so you want to maximize that. Mind control has its uses against grineer heavies/bombards/napalms, but duration matters less on that since they'll usually be killed in short order anyway.

Piell posted:

This is the Damage 2.0 work in progress chart they posted a few weeks back

Those almost certainly aren't the final numbers, but the categories of what stuff is weak vs strong against is probably still correct for the most part.

Assuming that is still accurate, here's a quick Cliff's notes summary:

Blast (ogris by default, ignis with a cold mod), magnetic, and corrosive are good all-around element combos and heat is the best single element choice since none of them have negative modifiers. With any of the others you are likely to run into conflicts within a given mission.

Against grineer you want high puncture with impact being secondary, but avoid cold. Against corpus, impact is the best choice and puncture is okay, but avoid toxic (I think Saryn's skills just ignore any defenses still, so don't worry about that). Against infested obviously slashing and heat are the only real options.

The exact modifiers will likely have changed since that chart, but I don't think it's too likely that the general trends will have changed much. Puncture is definitely still rear end against infested. Also don't trust what the game currently tells you about damage in the arsenal. Alongside the previously mentioned oddness with the sweeper, I can say that the ogris' listed damage is nowhere near accurate, or at least it wasn't last night. There may have been hotfixes to address that since then.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 21, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I've been getting 1000 damage crits with my magnetic Dread :stare:

Also, is it just me or is the event really easy this time around? The levels are nice and short at the very least.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

amuayse posted:

Okay, so can you guys tell me how to get more weapons fast? Everything seems to cost a lot of those blue squares or silver circles. Not that there's anything wrong the Braton, it's just sort of boring.
Blue squares are credits, the in-game currency you get for doing missions, etc. Silver circles are platinum, which (usually) you can only get by spending RL money.

Generally, everything non-cosmetic in the game you can get without platinum, it just takes a while to farm up the parts. Most all of those weapons in the store that cost plat also have blueprints listed lower down, for credits, if you want to build your own instead.

You can make quite a decent amount of progress with the default gear, enough that getting 25k credits won't seem that difficult soon. If you really desperately want a ton of credits right now, I suppose you could piggyback on a goon void tower run - just be prepared to die a lot. Many of those who have been at this a while can solo most kinds of tower runs and it isn't uncommon for there to be empty slots we could fit some newbie into.

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

A friend of mine bought Valkyr outright last night and I gotta say that I'm jealous. She looks cool and her grapple looks really fun. I can't wait until we can fight Alad. Is experiance still borked?

I also have Nyx coming out of the oven today. Does she have any "must have" mods? She seems like a neato frame overall.

Mind control, chaos, power range, power efficiency, shields.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Thanks for that. Also, which Warframe has the highest DPS abilties and butt?

amuayse fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Nov 21, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

JackMackerel posted:

Urgh, if I recall, that's a pretty common problem (I've had friends off-site report it) and DE's been lazy about it.

So, for anyone else's reference, I got it fixed.

Verifying Steam files to roll back updates didn't help. A little research indicated that the launcher relies on built-in Windows Internet components that Internet Explorer also uses, but notably Firefox and Chrome don't. Checking, Internet Explorer was also unable to connect to anything. After a quick system reboot (I had to force restart: the program responsible for closing other programs on shut-down was hanging) everything's peachy.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I broke down and bought a sentinel with my PS+ bonus platinum. How could I not love a flying squash?

apple orchard of dreams
Jun 18, 2001

amuayse posted:

Nova has the best DPS skills and definitely the best butt.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Ularg posted:

I broke down and bought a sentinel with my PS+ bonus platinum. How could I not love a flying squash?

Assuming that Sentinels aren't ridiculously expensive on the PS4 they're a good plat investment, relatively speaking.

amuayse posted:

Rhino for both, obviously.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Edit: Whoops

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Assuming that Sentinels aren't ridiculously expensive on the PS4 they're a good plat investment, relatively speaking.

75 spent, 75 left. I still have a $10 PSN card too. I love how this game gives me enough plat for more warframe slots.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

On Nyx I actually like to get the minimum duration possible by using Fleeting Expertise because it means your Absorb will blow up after something like two seconds. You can just jump into the middle of a bunch of enemies and explode them all. Your sentinel will die all the time and you sometimes just fall over dead after absorb ends because it's buggy or something, but these are sacrifices you need to be willing to make to play as a walking bomb.

amuayse posted:

Nekros' butt is basically just a pelvis so you can't get much buttier than that. Questionable DPS though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What precisely the gently caress is wrong with this game's map navigation on PS4? I go to Earth for example, and press down to go to the next unlocked Map. Moves to Venus. Ooook. I'll press another direction? Venus. How about up? Venus!!! Down? VENUS!

What the hell?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Feenix posted:

What precisely the gently caress is wrong with this game's map navigation on PS4? I go to Earth for example, and press down to go to the next unlocked Map. Moves to Venus. Ooook. I'll press another direction? Venus. How about up? Venus!!! Down? VENUS!

What the hell?

For some reason if I click on Venus it starts my selection on Lares on Mercury. Not sure why.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Yeah the map on PS4 is finicky and buggy. The mission it highlights seems to have nothing to do with the planet you select.

Hopefully they get that ironed out in the next update.

e: Also being able to sell blueprints you have multiples of would be nice. I've got tens of thousands of credits tied up in them that I could really use :argh:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Rhino for both, obviously.

I don't know about Rhino's butt. He's pretty heavily invested in the totally diamond encrusted codpiece.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I didn't know once you beat certain missions that they become super loving tough on a second go around. Jackal had different environment modifiers. One just basically took 20hp off a second until I died and the other had low grav but I was level 16 and Jackel was level 53.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

LOOK AT THAT FISH

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

^^^^ Tenno are cats.

Ularg posted:

I didn't know once you beat certain missions that they become super loving tough on a second go around. Jackal had different environment modifiers. One just basically took 20hp off a second until I died and the other had low grav but I was level 16 and Jackel was level 53.

You were running nightmare mode in that second one. Once you complete a planet its nightmare missions become available. They will be marked by a skull instead of the normal dot, and the prep screen will have an ugly red filter and skull over it. It's odd that you got sent into one without knowing, since now there's a prompt for whether you want to do nightmare or normal. Some of the nightmare effects are irrelevant (low gravity) or at least tolerable (vampire, which I think can never actually kill you on its own), but others you should just instantly restart if you draw them (no shields, energy drain).

The reason to do nightmare missions is for certain really good mods that only come as rewards for finishing nightmare missions. I think drop rates might also be slightly better, but I'm not sure about that.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

I spent :10bux: on Warframe last night, which was added to my PS+ credit. I had enough to buy the Sentinel and enough plastids and morphics to build the Latron and Vasto. Did I make a good decision?

As soon as I have the credits, I'm going to buy a Rhino blueprint. I've got the blueprints for Rhino's helmet and chassis, but I need to keep farming for until the systems blueprint drops.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

IRSmurf posted:

I spent :10bux: on Warframe last night, which was added to my PS+ credit. I had enough to buy the Sentinel and enough plastids and morphics to build the Latron and Vasto. Did I make a good decision?

As soon as I have the credits, I'm going to buy a Rhino blueprint. I've got the blueprints for Rhino's helmet and chassis, but I need to keep farming for until the systems blueprint drops.

Don't waste money on crafting mats, they are super easy to farm.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

In other news, they fixed the positioning of Syandanas, so they no longer clip through your back. Yay.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Helter Skelter posted:

I don't think anyone here has been silly enough to rush a build/buy one outright yet, so we'll just have to wait and see. I seriously doubt it'll be amazing, but variety is nice I guess? The codex has it doing pure electric damage, which means Sundering Strike and Rending Strike (at least the puncture damage portion of it) are probably useless on it.

I have a friend who did. It's alright single-target damage, but no Galatine replacement. Second-tier at best from a third-person perspective.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sighence posted:

I have a friend who did. It's alright single-target damage, but no Galatine replacement. Second-tier at best from a third-person perspective.
Yeah mine finished this morning. It's pretty mediocre, but it looks and sounds kinda neat I guess. Once my space coachgun finishes though, I plan on running around as a space cowboy with my space revolvers and space whip.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
How good is the Glaive prime? I've had a blast using the base one and am curious if Priming it is enough to make it usable?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Ok so after doing a few double-takes I am pretty sure I am not crazy and they pretty much de-leveled some of the earlier zones, if not everything? Kela De Thaym was never a 15-18 mission before. This is weird as hell, I wonder what brought this on.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Mindblast posted:

Ok so after doing a few double-takes I am pretty sure I am not crazy and they pretty much de-leveled some of the earlier zones, if not everything? Kela De Thaym was never a 15-18 mission before. This is weird as hell, I wonder what brought this on.

Keep in mind 18 is the old ~50.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
All the levels were compressed a bunch, level 40 is the new level 100 enemy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
You can scan Nekros' zombies

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

How is the controller support in this game's PC version? I'd like to give it a go, but my PC is in couch+TV mode and KB+M is kinda inconvenient :(

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Ciaphas posted:

How is the controller support in this game's PC version? I'd like to give it a go, but my PC is in couch+TV mode and KB+M is kinda inconvenient :(

I found it inconvenient, but then I didn't futz around with button remappings all that much. As long as you can get a mapping that works for you, though, I think the support's there.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

I'm currently playing the game with a F710 and it's worked like a dream, my only big gripe is that its a little awkward to do sprint + crouch combos when you first start. You might want to lower aim sensitivity and disable controller autoaiming (this could just be me, though). You can also remap every button if you hate the default layout.

It's so nice to have a non-MMORPG F2P game that is relaxed enough that you aren't at a huge disadvantage with a controller~

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
My issue with Warframe's controller support is that it can't be disabled. I had to unplug mine just to actually control my character with my keyboard.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

So I puttered around in the global trade channel for a bit and people are pricing unranked standard rare mods (i.e. Flow, multishots, etc.) in the 10 plat range. Our trading post should be done around 11:45pm EST, and then I can make people with more money than time buy me cosmetics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Have they not updated void key drop "tiers" yet? I remember before it was something like level 15-29 missions drop tier 1 keys, 30-45 drop t2, 45+ drop t3 and so on (or something along those lines) and Xini was great for t3 keys since it could drop them from wave 5 onward. Now I've run xini a few times and I have never seen anything above a t1 drop and I used to NEVER get anything but tier 2-3 stuff off it but the enemies listed levels are around 20 or so to start.