Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Pretty great episode last night, with Beast Boy and Cyborg having a staring contest for 30 years into the future.

I don't know what it is, but this show really pushes the right buttons for me, maybe because the short running time pushes them to dial up the insanity and humor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Just got around to watching the last episode and I love it. I will always love jokes about Nightwing's terrible mullet. And that Nightwing/Batgirl staredown at the end was pretty great as well.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

New preview is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hnt5-feRe8

I am giddy at the possibilities being presented by this premise. #SaveYoungJustice

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
This week's episode was great. I got way too much enjoyment out of Raven getting a segway. And on the repeat of Matched I forgot how entertaining it was at the end with the camera panning back and forth from her (with nails on fingerboard) to sad eyed Beast Boy, and then finally back to her with corny acoustic guitar kicking in as she smiles.

Raven has to be one of the more entertaining characters this time around, which is kind of odd as she was kind of forgettable in the earlier series.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I got a much bigger kick of her initial attempts to walk as if she'd never done it before and taking a walker to the fight.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

The MSJ posted:

New preview is up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Hnt5-feRe8

I am giddy at the possibilities being presented by this premise. #SaveYoungJustice

For some reason, for the first few seconds I assumed this was a normal superhero cartoon – then the computer rejected Robin's voice command and I remembered this show is so much more.

Edit: Updating the OP with essentials:

horriblePencilist fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 11, 2013

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There were a lot of Easter Eggs in the background of the Batcave in tonight's episode. Like Mr Freeze's severed head, "Hush" bandages, Renuyu (the stuff that turned Matt Hagen into Clayface in TAS) and the original Red Hood mask.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I'll never get tired of Batman and Gordon just sitting around in random scenes laughing at poo poo.

Also Robin's reaction face to Starfire's comment about not being able to take off the Batgirl costume needs to be a gif ASAP.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
Oh god this episode had me in stitches. The ending was fantastic. I also second TwoPair's request.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Oh man, so much greatness in that episode. I noticed there was an ash jar that said "Robin II" with a crowbar next to it. So messed up yet so funny :xd:

Great ending as well. I wonder if it was supposed to be a reference to the New 52 Joker storyline.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I can't believe this show still manages to throw me for a loop. I actually thought the guys were going to learn a lesson there, but nope. :allears:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

horriblePencilist posted:

I can't believe this show still manages to throw me for a loop. I actually thought the guys were going to learn a lesson there, but nope. :allears:

The first thing I learned about this show is that no one will actually learn anything, which is what really makes it awesome for me.

Also, anyone else want Dr. Light to make more appearances as a sort-of "gay"-best-friend for Raven and Starfire? I would especially love Jinx to also join them and get us another Girls Night Out episode.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The bro-train is probably my favorite visual gag on the show yet. I cracked up both times Cyborg turned into it.

I also liked that the Titans' elevator music is just a muzak version of their old theme song.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

The Trouble in Tokyo movie just played, and boy does it look weird now that I'm used to the Go! versions.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
After a tiny break, the final episode of the first season of Teen Titans Go airs this Wednesday! There's no preview, but it's a Christmas episode and will prominently feature Starfire's gullibility, so you can't go wrong with that!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm counting on Starfire believing in Santa.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

I'm counting on Starfire believing in Santa.

According to the episode description, she is convinced to believe in two Santas.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yessss it's better than I thought.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was a pretty great episode. Especially the end where the "Second Christmas miracle" was just them being in comas for almost a year.

PootieTang
Aug 2, 2011

by XyloJW
I think it's actually scientifically impossible for a starfire centric episode to fail.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I actually didn't much care for it but I'm just a bitter Jew that at this point is programmed to hate anything that is mostly about how amazing Christmas is. It's just this is such a weird subversive show in many ways and this just kind of felt kind of like a typical Christmas special to me. It was weirder and still a TTG episode and all but still just seemed to be the same song and dance I've seen way too many times in my life.

PootieTang
Aug 2, 2011

by XyloJW

axleblaze posted:

I actually didn't much care for it but I'm just a bitter Jew that at this point is programmed to hate anything that is mostly about how amazing Christmas is. It's just this is such a weird subversive show in many ways and this just kind of felt kind of like a typical Christmas special to me. It was weirder and still a TTG episode and all but still just seemed to be the same song and dance I've seen way too many times in my life.

Honestly I don't see it, I mean yeah it was a christmas episode, but at the same time it also seemed to parody the parts of christmas that make it terrible. I mean one of the jokes was Robin being declared the christmas grouch and being punched in the face for saying anything negative about second christmas. Then the second christmas miracle is a coma. It was like the least heartwarming but most hilarious christmas ever, fueled entirely on greed and lies that ended in a psychotic rampage.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

PootieTang posted:

Honestly I don't see it, I mean yeah it was a christmas episode, but at the same time it also seemed to parody the parts of christmas that make it terrible. I mean one of the jokes was Robin being declared the christmas grouch and being punched in the face for saying anything negative about second christmas. Then the second christmas miracle is a coma. It was like the least heartwarming but most hilarious christmas ever, fueled entirely on greed and lies that ended in a psychotic rampage.

Pretty much.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
You can chalk me up as another person who loved the original Teen Titans cartoon and was mortified with what looked to be an abomination that bumped Young Justice off the air, but with other shows on hiatus, I decided to record a few episodes of TTG, and it is amazing. This show is basically Archer for kids, and if they charged 1.99 per episode rather than per short, I'd binge through the entire season on iTunes. For now I'll just keep catching up on episodes whenever they air repeats.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
:stare:

That was a helluva episode to come back on.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

axleblaze posted:

:stare:

That was a helluva episode to come back on.
This episode was batshit. There are plenty of things I'd like to list in particular but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Parts Kit posted:

This episode was batshit. There are plenty of things I'd like to list in particular but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Brotrain returns?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Who were those villains Robin was fighting in his dream sequence? One of them looked kind of like Batman.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

muscles like this? posted:

Who were those villains Robin was fighting in his dream sequence? One of them looked kind of like Batman.

Might have been Owlman, Crime Syndicate of America Earth's version of Bats.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this? posted:

The purple guy is Plasmus, an actual established DC comics villain; and the goony looking guy was Control Freak, a recurring villain on the old show whose power was a magic remote control and being a spergy gently caress. I don't recognize the blue guy from anything though...

Captain Oblivious posted:

Might have been Owlman, Crime Syndicate of America Earth's version of Bats.

No, it was Kyd Wykkyd, some Z-list guy who showed up in like 2 episodes of the old cartoon and had zero lines during it. It took a lot of googling to find that. Apparently he's supposed to have teleportation powers... you know, when he's not in a dream getting beat up by Super-Robin.

Also this episode was FRESH.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

The blue guy never appeared in the original series. Kinda weird that they invented a new villain when they had so many existing throwaways available but whatever. Good episode.

TheFattestPat
Dec 28, 2012

Santa Cat Says: Good deeds are the things to always do, just make sure someone is watching you
Perhaps some kind of sub-conscience version of Batman representing Robin's resentment for his old boss? Actually that should be the plot of an episode.

Kind of an odd thing to notice, but I like Beast Boy's room. Papers on the floor, chewed up clothing, and a giant ball of yarn in the corner :D

I can relate to Raven, since a...certain show helps keep me sane. That ending was magical, that and Robin's reaction to Star wearing Batgirl's costume are definitely my favorite moments so far.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

MariusLecter posted:

Brotrain returns?
No but Cyborg does get a similarly great moment.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

For some reason, the fact that they named the episode "Nose Mouth" is incredibly funny to me. I guess it's because it's named after a minor gag rather than anything of significance that happens in the episode.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Grilox posted:

For some reason, the fact that they named the episode "Nose Mouth" is incredibly funny to me. I guess it's because it's named after a minor gag rather than anything of significance that happens in the episode.

It fits in with the fact that the last time Cyborg was magically altered they also named the episode after it (Dog Hand).

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Can I get a gif of a vomiting Princess Silkysoft?

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

This episodes a little...um, I'm not sure what's the best word for it is. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Without her cloak Raven is just Chun-Li

• Locked thread