Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SUBLIME!
Mar 7, 2009

my quiver is full~
Saw Streetlight on the first in Dallas, fuckin' ruled. Dan P. is a huge dork and he brought his nephews out to perform on stage with him. One played the trumpet and the other awkwardly rapped and danced. It was awesome.

also crosspost from the tattoo thread:

SUBLIME! posted:

I took this

and went down to see Tara in San Antonio.

One more session to finish the color.

I am a fount of happiness. I may never want for anything again.

Tattoos own Streetlight owns thank you good night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

RBF/FIF/other dudes is tonight. Finally.

Woooooooooo. Can't wait. So pumped.

Hobbit
Dec 5, 2009

The Undisputed Despot
of The Atoll of Misfit Toys

DOOP posted:

RBF/FIF/other dudes is tonight. Finally.

Woooooooooo. Can't wait. So pumped.

This has all the makings to be a really great show.

DOOP, if you find yourself around the skanking tonight I'll be the guy wearing a Shindig t-shirt and red Docs.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Hobbit posted:

This has all the makings to be a really great show.

DOOP, if you find yourself around the skanking tonight I'll be the guy wearing a Shindig t-shirt and red Docs.

Awesome. I'll be in a tan-ish Pentimento shirt.

You said the concert promotor said there would hopefully be more ska in the future. Anything you can share about that?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

New JB Conspiracy album is on Bandcamp now. It's very good! This is a good month for a dead genre.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
It's been a good six-years for a dead genre thread.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Quest For Glory II posted:

New JB Conspiracy album is on Bandcamp now. It's very good! This is a good month for a dead genre.

Thank you for posting this! I was pretty bummed because I missed the Streetlight shows so this will help me through the grieving process.

RussianBear
Sep 14, 2003

I am become death, the destroyer of worlds

lessthankyle posted:

It's been a good six-years for a dead genre thread.

Although the bubble could pop at any moment.

Matthew Yglesias posted:

Before I left for vacation near the end of October, I was sanguine about the state of America's stock markets. But a bit more than a week after my return, it's clear to me that the time has come to call the market top. There is conclusive evidence that the 1990s bubble mentality is back, and the crash can't be far away. Consider:

Item: Snapchat, a company with no revenue and a product nobody understands turned down a $3 billion acquisition offer.
Item: Less Than Jake released a new album this month. The album is available on audio CD.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2013/11/19/_1990s_stock_bubble_is_back_incontrovertable_evidence.html

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

quote:

Item: There's a new Third Eye Blind compilation album.

drat.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Why did you have to say something??? http://www.bombthemusicindustry.com/final.html*

*final show

**real final show***

***for real, maybe, probably

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

lessthankyle posted:

Why did you have to say something??? http://www.bombthemusicindustry.com/final.html*

*final show

**real final show***

They're playing 2 sets and with Cheap Girls, that's good enough for me.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Hmmm, seriously considering coming from Boston for that. BTMI became one of my favorite anarcho musical explosions and glockenspiel collectives over the course of this thread.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

lessthankyle posted:

*final show

**real final show***

Living on the West Coast is an eternal curse.

Rabin_Crabmink
Mar 23, 2001

I hate them all except Turtleface.

Hat Thoughts posted:

Living on the West Coast is an eternal curse.

This is the best thing about living in Brooklyn.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

lessthankyle posted:

*final show

**real final show***

And they're recording the show and giving a free copy to anyone who buys a ticket. gently caress it, I'll pay just for THAT.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Someone is going to buy a ticket and put the recording up for all of us right?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

bowmore posted:

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

Unless Jeff announces that he's going to sell it, I totally will. I've probably got a place to stay lined up for that weekend, but I'm buying a ticket tomorrow anyway just for the recording.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
It wouldn't be BTMI's style to sell it I don't think.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

It wouldn't be BTMI's style to sell it I don't think.

Still, barring Jeff saying "It's for sale" I'll be sharing it.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

bowmore posted:

I'll be there, I gotchu.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
Don't be a dick and buy a ticket just for a recording that everyone will be able to get anyway. You know this show's gonna sell out, and that's just taking away a ticket from someone who actually could go. I don't want my favorite band's final show to be empty because all the tickets were bought by kids in California.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

MondayHotDog posted:

Don't be a dick and buy a ticket just for a recording that everyone will be able to get anyway. You know this show's gonna sell out, and that's just taking away a ticket from someone who actually could go. I don't want my favorite band's final show to be empty because all the tickets were bought by kids in California.
Thus why someone who actually goes from here should be a cool dude and upload it for us

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

bowmore posted:

Thus why someone who actually goes from here should be a cool dude and upload it for us

Don't worry, I will. :)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

One more ska band I'll regret never seeing :smith:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I only got to see them once but it was magical.

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

~*fabulous*~
I'm probably going to attempt to buy tickets to this show... I haven't listened to that much BTMI! but I feel like this is something I'd regret not doing if I don't do it

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
I'm in Boston and still feel I have to go to this show. drat you Jeff.

Also, Boston goons, yesterday I got an alert and bought tickets for Jeff Rosenstock at the Middle East. Tickets were $9.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

bowmore posted:

I only got to see them once but it was magical.

The second time I saw them it was freezing cold and I walked three blocks in the banana suit to get to the show. During the last song (I Don't Love You Anymore, naturally) people decided that I should crowd surf and just started picking me up. On the way back down once I accidentally kicked Jeff in the head. Then he sang RHCP lyrics during the slow breakdown part and we hugged after the show.

BtMI is a cool band to see. I want to be in Brooklyn.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I remember watching the video of you in said banana suit.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The one from ASOB reunion isn't me, I handed the suit off to my friend like three songs in because I was loving dying in it, but there's one of BtMI in Rochester where it actually is me and you can see me flailing trying to figure out why I'm in the air.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

rear end Catchcum posted:

I'm in Boston and still feel I have to go to this show. drat you Jeff.

Also, Boston goons, yesterday I got an alert and bought tickets for Jeff Rosenstock at the Middle East. Tickets were $9.

When is the show at the Middle East?

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
dec 21

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

The Slackers are playing downstairs the same day. That's a much better show.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
gently caress you I don't know who the Slackers are but Jeff's lyrics basically narrate my life.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

That's so sad I'm so sorry

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

FateoMcSkippy posted:

The Slackers are playing downstairs the same day. That's a much better show.

Never change, Fateo!

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Hey did you guys know that FateoMcSkippy doesn't much care for Jeff Rosenstock or his associated music endeavors??

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Downstairs is better and the Slackers are better musicians.

But I've already given them enough money and Jeff is a cool dude too. And they're always going to come around again and play an awesome show then. No need to hate on anyone duders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
gently caress musicianship I care about heart and soul and Jeff has that in spades.