Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
How am I supposed to do more damage? I got to Earth and the first mission is just not possible for me even with a full group, I do very little damage and the fire guys keep blasting me with fire. The only weapon I could buy on the market with credits does slightly more damage than my current gun. The only mods dropping are fusion cores and ammo drums. And isn't the Jackel supposed to drop a blue print? I've killed him twice and no blueprints have dropped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Bosses don't "drop" blueprints anymore, you get a guaranteed prize from their table at the end of mission screen. You should double check your foundry.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

7c Nickel posted:

Bosses don't "drop" blueprints anymore, you get a guaranteed prize from their table at the end of mission screen. You should double check your foundry.
Thanks for the tip, I was unaware it came at the end.

I was looking at the Warframe subreddit and people are saying to use the Braton, the damage claims to be only slightly more than the MK-1 Braton though but I'll try it out and see what happens.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Yaos posted:

Thanks for the tip, I was unaware it came at the end.

I was looking at the Warframe subreddit and people are saying to use the Braton, the damage claims to be only slightly more than the MK-1 Braton though but I'll try it out and see what happens.

It also fires 50% faster. The DPS boost will be very noticeable.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
80% of your power in this game comes from having the right (read: best) mods at high levels. Combined with squashing the enemy levels together and the damage review being literally out the gate, that's probably why you're struggling.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Lemon Curdistan posted:

80% of your power in this game comes from having the right (read: best) mods at high levels. Combined with squashing the enemy levels together and the damage review being literally out the gate, that's probably why you're struggling.

Some of the simple band-aids to damage (just slap an AP mod on there and go to town) don't work anymore. Everyone's kind of flailing around trying to figure out how the new damage system actually works. It's easy to get a handle on what makes the numbers get bigger, but I've got no idea how those numbers actually apply to enemies. Veterans have an armory full of doomcannons to fall back on, but new players are stuck with a poorly explained system, no mods to take advantage of what we know works, and subpar weapon choices. Hopefully we'll get some major tweaks in the coming weeks to ease new players' pain.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Yeah, I definitely noticed a huge improvement when I earned (and leveled to 60% damage) an AP mod and slapped it on my pistol, went from dont bother to way better than my MKI-Braton. It's definitely dropped a shitload since the damage 2.0 patch, though.

I don't know if it's because I picked Loki and can just stealth stab any enemies I have trouble with, but I honestly haven't been having that much trouble with the game and I'd definitely consider myself a new player. Could also be the fact that I used my warframe indie bundle platinum on the shotgun potato sentinel, too :v:

Modding is definitely an important part of the game, way more than I was expecting going into Warframe; I am/was way too used to hoarding mods for actually good weapons (due to lovely F2P games monetizing removing mods from weapons). If you're having trouble getting through the first Earth mission you might want to see if you can upgrade any mods right now, the difference that makes is pretty drastic (also if you're upgrading a mod you have in a polarity slot, try raising it to an even number; for the point discount the game rounds up, so a 7 slot mod in a polarity slot ends up costing the same as an 8 slot mod.)

I definitely think they could have done a better job explaining this stuff, like maybe a huge "HEY! You just picked up your first mod from that mission! Let's spend a minute or two explaining all this so you dont end up fighting your way through a planet without any mods equipped!"

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Nov 22, 2013

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
Is someone still inviting for the PS4 version for a clan?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I seem to be getting a lot of fps drop during this one Corvus mission with mist/ice everywhere. Is this normal?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

MotU posted:

Is someone still inviting for the PS4 version for a clan?

Yeah, just post your psn and we'll invite.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I got all my Rhino component blueprints... Looks like I'm farming Earth and wherever drops salvage tonight. Damnit I am getting my Rhino frame before Thanksgiving.

Is the Burston worth it? Or is there another gun I should be looking to craft? I'm at the tail end of Earth right now.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Yo PS4 goons I've got a couple of level 1 tower keys I wanna use tonight. Need some people to tag along!

e: We also need credits, polymer bundles, and circuits for the dojo since I've run out :v:

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah, just post your psn and we'll invite.

It is mcmotu, thanks in advance~

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

If there's room weekdaynachos is my psn. I'm pretty shy mp-wise but I can help out somehow I'm sure. An invite would be awesome.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Is there any solution to the patcher constantly failing to grab the update other then mashing that retry button and hoping for the best?

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Crowbear posted:

Yo PS4 goons I've got a couple of level 1 tower keys I wanna use tonight. Need some people to tag along!

e: We also need credits, polymer bundles, and circuits for the dojo since I've run out :v:

I tossed the credits in and most the polymer for one room. I'll toss in more as I get them. Is there any minimum progression point to do the tower thing?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

a glorious hole posted:

I tossed the credits in and most the polymer for one room. I'll toss in more as I get them. Is there any minimum progression point to do the tower thing?

I don't think so. The wiki says rank 1 towers have level 15-20 enemies so if you can handle missions in that range it should be fine.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Cowcaster posted:

Is there any solution to the patcher constantly failing to grab the update other then mashing that retry button and hoping for the best?

Provided you're on PC, try clicking the cog symbol on the patcher and then verify the cache.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
I just discovered the best bug: my Dethcube just decided my friend was the devil during a recent tower run. It shot down his shields and vaporized him until he ran out of revives. Is this new in U11?

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

New high frequency technology!

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Crowbear posted:

I don't think so. The wiki says rank 1 towers have level 15-20 enemies so if you can handle missions in that range it should be fine.

Sweet I'd be down for that if there's still room. I'm online as alteredmoniker.

Is there a way to chat in clan channel in missions?
What should I focus on leveling first on my Carrier? Right now it's just got Striker, Regen, and Vacuum.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Cryophage posted:

I just discovered the best bug: my Dethcube just decided my friend was the devil during a recent tower run. It shot down his shields and vaporized him until he ran out of revives. Is this new in U11?

congratulations, your dethcube has discovered the secret identity of the Stalker.

Some wierd bugs lately. Like the one that occasionally disables the melee key.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Did anyone catch that 13k+ credit reward earlier today? :pwn:

hooah fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 22, 2013

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Cryophage posted:

People are reporting this on the forums, too.

Also, the Stalker is a lot stronger than he used to be and has some new abilities.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Does anyone have a picture of the Prime syndana/skin from the primetime pack? I know I know I know I shouldn't be tempted but this game still has its claws in my wallet.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

I'm playing on PS4, nearly up to Jackal. Can you guys add me to the clan? PSN is phentyn.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
I'm having strange things happen with Stomp and downed enemies - Stomp seems to be able to target a limited number of mobs now and the range seems shorter. With enemies that are either ragdolled or knocked down, I've noticed that I can still pump ammo into them and get damage numbers popping out until my magazine runs out. Is anyone else seeing these?

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

That one isn't new.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Huh, guess I must have made an account way back when. I have what I assume is all the stock Excalibur stuff, rank 4, and no loving clue what I'm doing beyond the tutorial.

Halp :saddowns:

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

Anyone seen one of the new poison damage mods? They're supposedly in the game, but I haven't seen any and neither has anyone I know. I want to make my gun shoot the flu at people.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Der Waffle Mous posted:

It's an older one but the way to fix it (usually) is to get knocked down by something.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Wow, there are actually people complaining that you can trade mods and keys for other players' Platinum. There's even a thread with some guy trying (poorly) to drum up a boycott of trading. :psyduck:

Trampy Vampy
Mar 21, 2008

It don't mean a thing,
If it ain't got that swing.
ugh, I just failed the Rank 8 mastery test :( It sucks that I can't practice it.

Do I bank any mastery points I gain until I pass it, or should I just only use leveled stuff since those points are all lost?

Edit: vvv Awesome, thanks!

Trampy Vampy fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Nov 22, 2013

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Extra mastery gets saved.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Is the PS4 goon clan called Blue Moon? I just got an invite to one named that.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

a foolish pianist posted:

Is the PS4 goon clan called Blue Moon? I just got an invite to one named that.

Nope, that's not us. We're actually full up right now but I'll add you to the waiting list. I'm hoping I can get some more spots open tomorrow or the day after.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Schubalts posted:

Wow, there are actually people complaining that you can trade mods and keys for other players' Platinum. There's even a thread with some guy trying (poorly) to drum up a boycott of trading. :psyduck:

Be glad you can't see council chat. One guy straight up said he'd quit if trading was implemented, because then people wouldn't "earn" their space ninja video game ability card data.

Please note, new players, that this person paid one hundred dollars to play Warframe. Please, trade for everything you can.

ReWinter
Nov 23, 2008

Perpetually Perturbed
If there's a waiting list for the PS4 clan, my PSN is the same as here- Rewinter.

I'm enjoying this one a lot so far, I hope daily login on PS4 can do plat discounts though- I have some PSN credit I'd totally burn if that's a thing.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
drat, they weren't kidding about upping the credit rewards - one just hit on Ceres for 15,800!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
So the radiation proc effect is a single target Chaos effect. Enemies debuffed by radiation will target the closest thing and unload. Enemies debuffed by radiation will also aggro any nearby enemies and get shot to pieces. It's a pretty good distraction when you rake automatic fire across a bunch of grunts and turn 2 or 3 of them. It's fantastic when you have every enemy heavy trading shots with each other. Anyone noticed dramatic effects from the other elements?