Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Kokoro Wish posted:

Provided you're on PC, try clicking the cog symbol on the patcher and then verify the cache.

That seemed to do the trick! Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Wow, there are actually people complaining that you can trade mods and keys for other players' Platinum. There's even a thread with some guy trying (poorly) to drum up a boycott of trading. :psyduck:

What I'm amazed at is the people who are offering like, 2000 platinum (that's ~$100 USD) for Primed Chamber.

Seriously you guys? Just buy another goddamn game. Or an internet spaceship or something. How the hell are people so bad at cost-benefit?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yup, I loving hate the rank up system. I didn't see there was a time limit on the mission since it was white text on a white back ground so I ran out of time with one enemy left. Now I have to wait 24 hours to rank up. gently caress you gently caress you gently caress you.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So... what the hell missions should I be doing, exactly? The game is a little less than clear on what exactly I should be getting up to.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Twice today I've been doing a capture mission and get the first target just fine, but the second one gets away and I can't find him anywhere. There's no marker on the map, and the level design in this game isn't really conducive to going and playing hide-and-seek. I had to quit out and lose all the goodies I had picked up because I couldn't finish the goddamn level. I've been having fun but gently caress this is frustrating.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Ciaphas posted:

So... what the hell missions should I be doing, exactly? The game is a little less than clear on what exactly I should be getting up to.

I'm just jumping into games, trying not to do any particular level more than once. They seem to be keeping the unlocked levels reasonably in line with your level as you go.

Also, go to the armory all the drat time and try putting new cards on your guns and such. That makes a huge difference. My machinegun sets things on fire now!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Is it a thing that hitting your inventory button wipes all your paint choices?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Thanks to the guys that ran the Void missions with me :D

The last wave of that defense mission is super hosed, though. We tried it 3-4 times and everything went super smooth until wave 10 where it ALL WENT BAD!

Anyway, I had some extra plat so I bought a couple of void key packs. Hoping to run some of them tomorrow night.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Clan chat on the PS4 kind of sucks since you don't get alerts when people have replied and you also can't see it. So I'll post here instead. I'm going to be online for a bit tonight and clearing as much of the star map as possible. Send me a message if you want to join in.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

Lawlicaust posted:

Clan chat on the PS4 kind of sucks since you don't get alerts when people have replied and you also can't see it. So I'll post here instead. I'm going to be online for a bit tonight and clearing as much of the star map as possible. Send me a message if you want to join in.

What's your psn name?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Lawlicaust posted:

Clan chat's pretty frustrating on the PC right now, too. The chat window accepts any and all input when it's open, so you can't navigate other windows without scrolling your chat all over the place and collapsing it when you're just trying to back out of the arsenal. And there's not a UI safe-space carved out for the chat window, so it gets in the way of stuff. And they still haven't worked out a system to stick multiple channels in the same tab, so if I want to listen to my clan (I do!) I have to go completely deaf to my squadmates.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

a foolish pianist posted:

What's your psn name?

aDiscreteCoonjob

Male Man posted:

Clan chat's pretty frustrating on the PC right now, too. The chat window accepts any and all input when it's open, so you can't navigate other windows without scrolling your chat all over the place and collapsing it when you're just trying to back out of the arsenal. And there's not a UI safe-space carved out for the chat window, so it gets in the way of stuff. And they still haven't worked out a system to stick multiple channels in the same tab, so if I want to listen to my clan (I do!) I have to go completely deaf to my squadmates.

Yeah, the ui is a pretty big mess. I'd love to see some improvements in the next patch.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Lawlicaust posted:

Yeah, the ui is a pretty big mess. I'd love to see some improvements in the next patch.

This UI is after the "improvements" from U11.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
We really need to just trade PSN names and get a Warframe party going as we come online. It's way better than losing voice chat during every loading screen and every time we finish a void key mission.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Ularg posted:

We really need to just trade PSN names and get a Warframe party going as we come online. It's way better than losing voice chat during every loading screen and every time we finish a void key mission.

Goddamnit. I need to get over my years of PS3 use and remember that this is actually a thing the PS4 can do :shepface:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Is there a fast way to get capture void keys besides just random defense maps? It sounds like all of Ember Prime's parts drop from void capture now but I'm not getting anything reliable from defense rewards.

Schubalts posted:

Also, the Stalker is a lot stronger than he used to be and has some new abilities.

He seems pretty stupid now honestly. Every time I've seen him he's one-shotted everyone in about five seconds because basically all your powers don't work against him anymore, he's super fast and his bow does hundreds of damage.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
respect my pet mob

do it

fine i'll just make it impossible to cc and oneshot everyone no matter what

respect itttttt

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Maybe the current UI badness is a good time to try and get people using the mumble channel on Camping The Stairs? I dunno but I'll be hanging out there for a while.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
So after some very, very basic experimentation playing with modding my Braton Vandal and listening to the Prime Time stream it seems like trying to slap piercing hit on and have it do anything just no longer works.

My Braton has a puncture of 2.0 base. Add a fully leveled Piercing hit and that goes up to a whopping 2.8

According to the streamers, Damage 2.0 works by adding all three damage attributes together in which case I've done basically nothing compared to upping my braton's Impact damage, it's main damage source.

So... Bigger Numbers/Elemental Damage? Maybe it's just a matter of kitting the gun out for whatever effect you want now? I wouldn't mind it being a sort of Borderlands-lite thing where everything is effective but some things are more effective against certain enemies. Lets you just do what you want and shoot all the mans.

That said, I kinda hope they add some sort of UI element in the modding menu to let you know which effects you have active.

Edit: Judging from the goon rage last night when the Red Text was making jokes, I'm not sure a mumble party would work out.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Schubalts posted:

Wow, there are actually people complaining that you can trade mods and keys for other players' Platinum. There's even a thread with some guy trying (poorly) to drum up a boycott of trading. :psyduck:

Apparently, it's the same subset that got mad enough to get weapon parts/warframe parts/BP off the trading list.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Crono S. Magnum posted:

So after some very, very basic experimentation playing with modding my Braton Vandal and listening to the Prime Time stream it seems like trying to slap piercing hit on and have it do anything just no longer works.

My Braton has a puncture of 2.0 base. Add a fully leveled Piercing hit and that goes up to a whopping 2.8

According to the streamers, Damage 2.0 works by adding all three damage attributes together in which case I've done basically nothing compared to upping my braton's Impact damage, it's main damage source.

So... Bigger Numbers/Elemental Damage? Maybe it's just a matter of kitting the gun out for whatever effect you want now? I wouldn't mind it being a sort of Borderlands-lite thing where everything is effective but some things are more effective against certain enemies. Lets you just do what you want and shoot all the mans.

That said, I kinda hope they add some sort of UI element in the modding menu to let you know which effects you have active.

Edit: Judging from the goon rage last night when the Red Text was making jokes, I'm not sure a mumble party would work out.

Yeah, from what I can tell the best way to maximize your damage is to up your base damage with the same damage/multishot/maybe also crit combo we've always used and then shove as many elemental mods onto your gun as possible. Upping impact/slash/puncture damage gives really poor returns, even if your gun deals purely one damage type. I wanna experiment with an elemental damage gun (probably an Ignis) to see if I can get three different elemental effects stacked up to just riddle enemies with debuffs. Still have yet to find a toxin damage mod in any flavor, though.

Figures that the damage model that was supposed to discourage rainbow builds instead heavily favors rainbow builds.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Male Man posted:

I wanna experiment with an elemental damage gun (probably an Ignis) to see if I can get three different elemental effects stacked up to just riddle enemies with debuffs. Still have yet to find a toxin damage mod in any flavor, though.
It maxes out at 2 elemental types on a gun at once since there are 4 base elements and they all combine in some fashion.

Also, the rifle toxic mod drops in the void.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Ignis with Blast keeps things permanently on the ground. Not sure what other elemental mod would be abusable.

edit: It's possible to have 3 elements. Two combos and a pure. I haven't tried to get 3 combos. I have poison rifle mod now so I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. With Ogris you can get two combos and a pure without toxin at all.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 22, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Helter Skelter posted:

It maxes out at 2 elemental types on a gun at once since there are 4 base elements and they all combine in some fashion.

Also, the rifle toxic mod drops in the void.

I was hoping that with a natural elemental gun that combining in, for example, ice would convert to blast, then another fire could be dropped in for a second elemental combination with whatever's next, then the last mod. Now that I think about it, that's unlikely to work. You'd need a gun that naturally spits out a combination element, and the only one I know of is the Detron.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
I'm still really early on (a few missions into Venus) and am I supposed to be constantly running out of ammo? I'm mostly playing solo right now until I can get used to some of the mechanics, but even in the few matches I've jumped into with pubbies I have to switch weapons and use melee a TON because I'm unable to shoot.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

^^^^ Your gun sucks because you don't have good mods yet, so it takes you a long time and a lot of bullets to kill stuff. DE balances this game around the assumption that you have serration/hornet strike/point blank (stupid base damage booster mods that shouldn't exist because they're terrible design) at decent levels. It sucks really early on, but that's just how this game is until you get those mods. If you have a fire damage mod for your weapons at least slot those.

Hulk hands on Valkyr is surprisingly pretty strong, at least until your melee attack bugs out and gets disabled, which is a bug that has existed for how many patches now and still isn't fixed? They also need to remove the coloring that covers your screen during it because you can't see poo poo while it's active (though its purpose is basically just mash attack so that doesn't really matter too much). Also sometimes ripline just straight up won't fire, and it never takes you the full distance. It does deal decent damage though, if you can manage to get it to hit something (its targeting requirements are super precise). The armor buff/melee attack speed boost thing is just not particularly relevant, and the knockdown is sort of decent I guess. Basically before anyone gets too excited to build her, she/the game needs some serious bug fixing and fundamental changes. Just build Rhino if you want a melee capable frame that might have actually been designed by someone who plays Warframe. She's still better than Nekros, though.

Also, don't waste your money or time on tigris or cestra. They are competing with each other for the illustrious title of "Worst gun in the game."

chumbler fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 22, 2013

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

I'm kind of lost with some of these new things:
  • What are these "nav coordinate" bubbles I'm picking up?
  • What are these dragon key blueprints available in the shop? I'm guessing a special challenge orokin void with the handicap mentioned but better loot?
  • I did a couple alert missions but they didn't give out their bonus cash?
  • How do I trade?

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
You get nothing!

There's got to be a better way to get screenshots off your PS4 without being this poo poo quality.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Cowcaster posted:

I'm kind of lost with some of these new things:
  • What are these "nav coordinate" bubbles I'm picking up?
  • What are these dragon key blueprints available in the shop? I'm guessing a special challenge orokin void with the handicap mentioned but better loot?
  • I did a couple alert missions but they didn't give out their bonus cash?
  • How do I trade?

The Coords are used to craft keys to go to the special missions.
Pretty much.
Possibly a bug. Were you alive at the end of the mission?
PC can do it through the market in the dojo now, right? PS4, not yet.

Pneumatic Toaster
Mar 23, 2008

Male Man posted:

I was hoping that with a natural elemental gun that combining in, for example, ice would convert to blast, then another fire could be dropped in for a second elemental combination with whatever's next, then the last mod. Now that I think about it, that's unlikely to work. You'd need a gun that naturally spits out a combination element, and the only one I know of is the Detron.

Acrid has 'Gas' damage as its base.
I was really hoping that the combinations would be mod based, so you could do things like combine hellfire with something, but also wildfire with something else. Haven't tried yet, but I have a serious feeling it won't work.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

So, just to double check, PS4/PC cross-platform play is currently not implemented, right?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Tallgeese posted:

So, just to double check, PS4/PC cross-platform play is currently not implemented, right?

Right. It will be up when they get on the same patch.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Pneumatic Toaster posted:

Acrid has 'Gas' damage as its base.
Acrid is toxic base, you probably had a fire mod in yours, which would turn it into gas.

Pneumatic Toaster
Mar 23, 2008
You're right. I thought I cleared my mods, but apparently it didn't save. My bad.

IRSmurf
Mar 27, 2010

May I have a PS4 invite, too? PSN: IRSmurf

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Schubalts posted:

Also, the Stalker is a lot stronger than he used to be and has some new abilities.

Presumably, he can still be defeated by two crates stacked on top of each other.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Presumably, he can still be defeated by two crates stacked on top of each other.
Maybe I need to find some taller crates, because he's just murdered the hell out of me the last few times I've seen him. My old strategy of simply unloading my Brakk or Acrid into his face is no longer working.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

He'll just kill you in one shot with his bow if you try this.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Seems they found a way to 'buff' the Grataka by giving it a 10% base proc chance. Combined with its high fire rate it seems to be the best weapon in my inventory to dish out elemntal procs. Not sure if it's worth with the low base damage though... on the other hand, having a semi-reliable perma-stun ranged weapon might come in handy, especially since there are more than enough secondaries that can carry you through the game so losing a primary slot is not that much of a problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

The Stalker was already painful to deal with. I certainly didn't beat him legit before and now apparently he is tougher? drat.