Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
So funny thing, I was asking about weapon advice earlier. Turns out it didn't really matter because for every suggested weapon I'm still not anywhere near being able to craft anything. :smith:

I can't wait for the PC/PS4 crossover play, because I've been kind of stuck not being able to find any players my level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
So, is there any Goon Official Advice on what crap to build post-update for new players? Or is it sort of, just, whatever right now? Bought Boltor plans, but I guess I need to work my way further through Mars to get the Salvage I need.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Mindblast posted:

The Stalker was already painful to deal with. I certainly didn't beat him legit before and now apparently he is tougher? drat.

Only if you weren't running an offensive frame (read: Rhino) with a full auto weapon. He used to be a joke. He's killed me twice, thanks to ambushing me as either a low-level frame with little shields, or running solo with a bow. :negative:

Does fire rate do anything for an Ignis? I'm trying to find something to fill in the last ten mod levels.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

JackMackerel posted:

Does fire rate do anything for an Ignis? I'm trying to find something to fill in the last ten mod levels.

I'm not sure, but I have noticed that if you have fire also bound to mouse wheel down, you can shoot a lot faster that way than holding down the left mouse button.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

The Gate posted:

So, is there any Goon Official Advice on what crap to build post-update for new players? Or is it sort of, just, whatever right now? Bought Boltor plans, but I guess I need to work my way further through Mars to get the Salvage I need.
Build whatever you think looks cool. There is of course an 'optimal' weapon set but right now with the damage changes nobody knows what they really are now. Since upgrading is entirely based around mods almost every weapon can be made extremely viable, so just peruse the market until you find something you like the look of.

That said here are some suggestions:

Boltor is a fun choice, it isn't hitscan but you can pin Grineer to the walls by their heads and it sounds like a nailgun from hell.
Strun is a great close-range shotgun and gets insane when you get a multi-shot mod for it.
Twin Vipers blow off like 40 rounds in a second and shred whatever's in front of you and make a DRRRRRRRRRRR noise when you do it. They eat all your ammo in seconds though, bring resupply items.
Vastos/Dual Vastos are space-six-shooters and what more do you want. Downside is of course only 6/12 shots.
Kunai are super-strong and when modded at 30 fire like four knives a second and reload in one second, they are nuts. Their bigger brother the Despair are even nastier.
Orthos has a great animation set and is strong as hell.
Glaive can be fun when you get it to bounce off like four dudes and then come back to you as you're still shooting. Hard to use though.
Clantech you won't see for a while since the material and mastery requirements are huge but there is tons of cool poo poo there too like a rocket launcher and laserguns and stuff!

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mindblast posted:

The Stalker was already painful to deal with. I certainly didn't beat him legit before and now apparently he is tougher? drat.
Carrier's Sweeper with a potato and mods in it would kill old stalker before he could kill me on a frame with 400 shields and 200 hp.

I remember dying to stalker a bunch when I was new, though.

I haven't fought the new Stalker. I heard he spams pull and kills you and is super hard now compared to before.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Nov 22, 2013

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Stalker can teleport like Vor. He will teleport behind you and backstab you.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Do we have confirmation that Ember Prime drops from Void Capture and Sicarus from Void Exterminate? Or any knowledge at all about where to find the Glaive Prime? Thinking of running a keyparty either this weekend or the first time PS4 crossplay comes online for new guys who need stuff.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Pierson posted:

Do we have confirmation that Ember Prime drops from Void Capture and Sicarus from Void Exterminate? Or any knowledge at all about where to find the Glaive Prime? Thinking of running a keyparty either this weekend or the first time PS4 crossplay comes online for new guys who need stuff.
I ran 5 t1 captures and 5 t3 captures. No ember prime pieces. Not-Rebecca on the warframe live thing said ember prime parts drop from void captures, though. So maybe rng and all that struck me.

I did get a pre-built forma from a t1 survival and a forma blueprint from login reward today. On the positive side.

edit: vvv Capture often has two dudes now.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Nov 22, 2013

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Twice today I've been doing a capture mission and get the first target just fine, but the second one gets away and I can't find him anywhere. There's no marker on the map, and the level design in this game isn't really conducive to going and playing hide-and-seek. I had to quit out and lose all the goodies I had picked up because I couldn't finish the goddamn level. I've been having fun but gently caress this is frustrating.

Capture missions should only have a single dude to suck into your space-USB.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Why did they decide it's a good idea to put huge, ugly glowing trails on the Despair? It looks terrible.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Khorne posted:

edit: vvv Capture often has two dudes now.

Often has dudes who don't even spawn, too. :negative:

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
So how rare are Orokin Cells? We aren't talking SOJ level right? I have a lot of blueprints from the early bosses with minimal grinding.

Secondly, is the Seer pistol any good? Just to know if its worth the two cells.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Feindfeuer posted:

Seems they found a way to 'buff' the Grataka by giving it a 10% base proc chance. Combined with its high fire rate it seems to be the best weapon in my inventory to dish out elemntal procs. Not sure if it's worth with the low base damage though... on the other hand, having a semi-reliable perma-stun ranged weapon might come in handy, especially since there are more than enough secondaries that can carry you through the game so losing a primary slot is not that much of a problem.

They gave the Jaw Sword a base 50% proc chance. Is that the highest in the game? Jaw Sword is still a piece of poo poo, but atleast it might be a fun to use piece of poo poo now.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

So how rare are Orokin Cells? We aren't talking SOJ level right? I have a lot of blueprints from the early bosses with minimal grinding.

I like it, but I seem to be pretty solidly in the minority. It's slow-firing, has a low capacity, and takes forever to reload, but it hits hard. I'm not sure if Damage 2.0 has turned it into utter garbage, though.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

I made it and didn't like it, honestly. It fires really slowly which just isn't great when you have to deal with hordes of enemies so often in this game. I'd say skip it and wait until you can build one of the pistols Pierson recommended.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

They're relatively rare (like most resources that are only used 1-2 at a time for crafting), but they can be dropped by all of the bosses, unless DE changed them.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Note about the Vastos: They're not too great against Grineer and Corpus anymore, due to low puncture damage. It does quite well against Infested though.

I don't have a regular Braton so don't know how it compares, but holy poo poo the Braton Vandal is amazing against Infested.

e: Just noticed the Braton Vandal also has 10% proc chance. No wonder my blast was proccing like crazy.

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Nov 22, 2013

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Schubalts posted:

Stalker can teleport like Vor. He will teleport behind you and backstab you.

His bow also does something like 400 damage a shot(punched my shields in one hit), his slash dash also does several hundred, and the dude has several thousand HP. I encountered one on Kiste and immediately went berserk as Valkyr and he soaked the entire duration of me punching him in the face at maximum speed for several hundred damage a hit without dying.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
So I was wanting to farm Jackal for Rhino parts, but everytime I get in there's some random debuff like having no shields or a time limit where you have to kill enemies to get more time. I heard someone mention nightmare mode a few pages back, is this what I'm experiencing and if so how do I turn it off? ( I'm on the PS4. ) Doesn't seem to be any way to change it back.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Did anyone notice this?

If Ember Prime is too hard to farm up, you can get here! For money!

At least 79.99USD in money!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

katkillad2 posted:

So I was wanting to farm Jackal for Rhino parts, but everytime I get in there's some random debuff like having no shields or a time limit where you have to kill enemies to get more time. I heard someone mention nightmare mode a few pages back, is this what I'm experiencing and if so how do I turn it off? ( I'm on the PS4. ) Doesn't seem to be any way to change it back.

Yeah, sounds like nightmare mode. And until U11 hits for PS4, you can't turn it off, you can only wait until it goes away (a few hours?).

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

When do you start finding the right sorts of materials to make new weapons? I'm through the first few areas of Earth, and I still haven't seen the materials for anything except clan keys and that gun the first boss dropped.

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
Is it worthwhile to potato the Braton Vandal?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Tezzeract posted:

Is it worthwhile to potato the Braton Vandal?

No, it's worse than the regular Braton and that's probably not worth potatoing either.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Glaive Prime is in Void Defense. I've gotten like 4 Blades so far and none of the Braton parts I actually want.

Also the poster above me is dumb. The Braton Vandal is a fine gun, especially now that it has a 10% proc chance.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

LOOK AT THAT FISH

chumbler posted:

Tenno are cats.
Sometimes you don't even need to say a thing, just go up to the fish and stare at it silently, and the next thing you know, the entire dojo is there too.

Poniard posted:

New high frequency technology!

RESEARCH INTENSIFIES

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Fish Noise posted:

Sometimes you don't even need to say a thing, just go up to the fish and stare at it silently, and the next thing you know, the entire dojo is there too.

Wow, that fish is a talented swimmer! It can jump backwards!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Schubalts posted:

Often has dudes who don't even spawn, too. :negative:

Yeah, when I finally got that mission on my third try, I reached the waypoint objective for the second guy and got a voice clip from mission control that he escaped. Still got to extract and get the full credits and all that, and at the very least something triggered, but holy loving poo poo they need to fix that. It seems that if you quit out of a mission you don't get any credits at all, right?

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

7c Nickel posted:

Glaive Prime is in Void Defense. I've gotten like 4 Blades so far and none of the Braton parts I actually want.

Also the poster above me is dumb. The Braton Vandal is a fine gun, especially now that it has a 10% proc chance.

Yeah, the new Braton Vandal is kickass. Goes through ammo quick, but kills poo poo fast in return.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

7c Nickel posted:

Woops that's what I get for not checking things. It was still bad right after they put out Damage 2.0, so they must have buffed it in one of the hotfixes.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I can't say with 100% certainty but the braton feels fine for now. Mine came with a catalyst(promo code) and just devours what it came across up till now.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
I ran into a pubbie who bought the $140 Ember Prime pack. He had colored everything black and gold. Why do people do this.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
so I have no experience with ember but general consensus was it was trash? The speculation that an ember prime would lead to a rebalance of ember like mag was going around. Did they fix Ember?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Instead of buffing Ember specifically, they reduced the enemy's defenses against her by removing Armor from most things and reducing overall mob HP. They also seem to have greatly reduced the speed of World On Fire's damage ticks.

Fireball is still a single-target waste of energy, Overheat still does nothing worth using, and Fire Blast is still too expensive, but World on Fire now kills Ancients at the cost of not being even remotely as good against hordes.

In short, no, they didn't fix Ember at all.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

Does anyone have a picture of the Prime syndana/skin from the primetime pack? I know I know I know I shouldn't be tempted but this game still has its claws in my wallet.

No photo but I've seen one in game. It actually looks pretty cool, probably the one worthwhile unique thing about the primetime packs. It's the widest syandana at the moment so it almost looks like a cape.

Cowcaster posted:

Is it a thing that hitting your inventory button wipes all your paint choices?

Sometimes it will look like your appearance has reverted, but as long as you hit apply in the appearance menu then your changes should stick. Once you hit escape to go back to the planet menu you should see the new colors show up.

a foolish pianist posted:

When do you start finding the right sorts of materials to make new weapons? I'm through the first few areas of Earth, and I still haven't seen the materials for anything except clan keys and that gun the first boss dropped.

Once you get past Earth you can branch out to Saturn, Mars or Jupiter which all have different materials. Note that each planet has 4 specific materials to collect, so as long as you're clicking on levels in the same planet you'll only get those 4 mats.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Nov 22, 2013

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Denzine posted:

Instead of buffing Ember specifically, they reduced the enemy's defenses against her by removing Armor from most things and reducing overall mob HP. They also seem to have greatly reduced the speed of World On Fire's damage ticks.

Fireball is still a single-target waste of energy, Overheat still does nothing worth using, and Fire Blast is still too expensive, but World on Fire now kills Ancients at the cost of not being even remotely as good against hordes.

In short, no, they didn't fix Ember at all.

On the flip side, Ember Prime is probably the coolest looking warframe in the game in action so you can at least bask in how awesome your $80-140 investment looks before you bury your head in your hands and wonder what you're doing with your life.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

katkillad2 posted:

So funny thing, I was asking about weapon advice earlier. Turns out it didn't really matter because for every suggested weapon I'm still not anywhere near being able to craft anything. :smith:

I can't wait for the PC/PS4 crossover play, because I've been kind of stuck not being able to find any players my level.

Add some of us to your friend's list and just message us for games. I've run a bunch of farming runs with full groups the last two days and some Void/Derelict stuff too. There are goons in just about every planet.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
The Stalker is a big jerk. I'm still hanging around in Venus and the jerk shows up and one shots me with his bow. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Yaos posted:

The Stalker is a big jerk. I'm still hanging around in Venus and the jerk shows up and one shots me with his bow. :argh:

I haven't been able to kill him for a while now when he's targeting me. Good thing I already have his weapons :v: