Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Yaos posted:

The Stalker is a big jerk. I'm still hanging around in Venus and the jerk shows up and one shots me with his bow. :argh:

You can't run from your past Yaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

it keeps happening

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Anyone else noticed the the ninja-nerf of Soma with its reloading time now seems like almost twice what it was?

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
How do I get neurodes?

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
Hey ps4 clan people, I got a Tower II: Extermination key last night. Let's exterminate and make up for our Tower defense struggles.

Synathaesia
Jul 4, 2009

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

Hey PS4 clan people, can I get an invite to the PS4 clan? PSN ID is tjfrisch

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Doji Sekushi posted:

Hey ps4 clan people, I got a Tower II: Extermination key last night. Let's exterminate and make up for our Tower defense struggles.

I will be on soon and am up for more Tower stuff.

I dunno if we can do a rank II mission but I'm down to try. I also have a bunch more Rank I keys we can do.

Garin
Oct 18, 2007

Kick Jonathan
Hey, sorry to spam or otherwise. I've just recently been playing the game again with a combination of a new video card and the new damage patch. I was wondering if I could get snuck back into the goon clan? I think I was purged for inactivity. My username ingame is still GarinL and all.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

amuayse posted:

How do I get neurodes?

Same way you get any of the rare resources. Go to a planet flagged as dropping them. Any resource drop has a small chance of being a rare resource and bosses have a moderate chance of dropping one (in addition, all bosses have something like a 10% chance of dropping an orokin cell regardless of the planet's normal resource table). If you've got the gear or the friends for it, survival, defense, and mobile defense missions will throw hundreds of enemies at you, which makes it relatively quick to just get as many resources as possible, picking up a couple rare resources just through sheer volume. You can also check into defense missions, quickly open all the crates (there are only a couple maps and you'll learn all the crate locations after a couple repetitions), clear out five waves, and then claim your reward and exit. Or just do boss runs and collect warframe part blueprints while you're at it.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

How the hell do I aim slash dash? I couldn't hit a loving thing yesterday no matter what I tried.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

amuayse posted:

How do I get neurodes?

Play Cyath on Eris, it's a major XP farming spot and you'll usually get 3 or 4 neurodes per missions as well.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Denzine posted:

Instead of buffing Ember specifically, they reduced the enemy's defenses against her by removing Armor from most things and reducing overall mob HP. They also seem to have greatly reduced the speed of World On Fire's damage ticks.

Fireball is still a single-target waste of energy, Overheat still does nothing worth using, and Fire Blast is still too expensive, but World on Fire now kills Ancients at the cost of not being even remotely as good against hordes.

In short, no, they didn't fix Ember at all.

Mobile Defense on Cyath, drop two Fire Blasts on the aproach lanes to the console and then stand inside one of them doing nothing but trying to take pictures of runners before they immolate themselves.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Ardeem posted:

Mobile Defense on Cyath, drop two Fire Blasts on the aproach lanes to the console and then stand inside one of them doing nothing but trying to take pictures of runners before they immolate themselves.

This is my life now.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

How the hell do I aim slash dash? I couldn't hit a loving thing yesterday no matter what I tried.

It goes roughly where you're aiming. It hits in a radius around Excalibur that gets bigger as you power up Slash Dash, and is also effected by power range mods (Stretch and Overextended help, Narrow Minded hurts).

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
I try to aim slightly next to the closest enemy if it's an ancient or something bigger because if the slashdash isn't powerful enough to kill it, it'll stop you from moving forward.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Crowbear posted:

I will be on soon and am up for more Tower stuff.

I dunno if we can do a rank II mission but I'm down to try. I also have a bunch more Rank I keys we can do.

You guys shouldn't have any issues with Rank 2 or derelicts. They are no harder thanEuropa or Sedna and easier than most alerts.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Lawlicaust posted:

You guys shouldn't have any issues with Rank 2 or derelicts. They are no harder thanEuropa or Sedna and easier than most alerts.

Cool. Most of the Void stuff we did yesterday was fine, it was just the last wave of Defense I that was ruining us. Also I haven't gotten to Europa or Sedna yet :v:

I might actually make some Derelict keys since I want to get the Bio research going in our Lab and that seems to be the only place to get Mutagen Samples.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Ardeem posted:

That worked before the update though. Fire Blast's dot ignored armor.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Cross-postin' so all the PS4 guys can see it.

Crowbear posted:

Ok, I just cleared the people who hadn't accepted their invites yet from the Warframe clan and invited Antipax, Whynotmakeboth, Drinwalk, Coldforge, and Rewinter.

I tried to invite Phentyn and IRSmurf but it said they were already in a clan.

Also, Davecrazy you're at the top of the list and there's still a spot for you but I couldn't find your PSN name.

Hopefully I can get the cap raised to 100 sometime this weekend and we can get everyone in without having to micromanage like this. It'll mean stuff we build will be more expensive, though, so people will need to chip in so we can get research and building done.

I'm online now and will be for most of the day, probably, so I'm ready to do Void missions or whatever else people want to do whenever.

e: It was nice to read all the "Ember sucks" chat considering I just picked up all the components for it from the Foundry because I thought it sounded cool :v:

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Nov 22, 2013

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Crowbear posted:

Cross-postin' so all the PS4 guys can see it.

I'm online now and will be for most of the day, probably, so I'm ready to do Void missions or whatever else people want to do whenever.

I'll be home in an hour or so and I'm always down to do more stuff. Though I queued up my Rhino Frame to be built last night so I may start leveling that. What kind of weapons are suggested? I feel like shotguns would be fun since it sounds like a tanky / close range character but I haven't seen many good reviews of them here. I'm still a low rank right now though.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

Crowbear posted:

e: It was nice to read all the "Ember sucks" chat considering I just picked up all the components for it from the Foundry because I thought it sounded cool :v:

Ember is still awesome, don't worry.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012
A lot of the Ember sucks chat is from bitter vets who remember when she was the Sun Goddess, unapproachable and terrible. She is still awesome.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

TheBlandName posted:

A lot of the Ember sucks chat is from bitter vets who remember when she was the Sun Goddess, unapproachable and terrible. She is still awesome.

Also the fact that we were promised an Ember buff for months, and then it turns out she's been nerfed.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

a glorious hole posted:

I'll be home in an hour or so and I'm always down to do more stuff. Though I queued up my Rhino Frame to be built last night so I may start leveling that. What kind of weapons are suggested? I feel like shotguns would be fun since it sounds like a tanky / close range character but I haven't seen many good reviews of them here. I'm still a low rank right now though.

Stick with kunai/boltor until you can get the better shotguns. Strun isn't terrible but it's a lot of cash for mediocre. The higher rank shottys are much better if you want to go that way.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

It's kinda cute to watch all you newbie PS4 goons flail about. I wish I could go back to the time where the void was a wondrous place again. Now.. there is no secrets left there anymore.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Lawlicaust posted:

Stick with kunai/boltor until you can get the better shotguns. Strun isn't terrible but it's a lot of cash for mediocre. The higher rank shottys are much better if you want to go that way.

Hek is the one to get right? I think I'm almost rank 4 so I should be able to grab that soon.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Sandweed posted:

It's kinda cute to watch all you newbie PS4 goons flail about. I wish I could go back to the time where the void was a wondrous place again. Now.. there is no secrets left there anymore.
I'm new to the game, I actually created a character when it launched on Steam but never played it until a few days ago. Everything is mystical to me.

Phreizr
Nov 1, 2012
Fun fact, Shotguns seem to proc per-pellet, which means the Hek is great for inflicting statuses now (assuming everything doesn't just die in one shot that is)

Also for some reason criticals seem to get a much bigger headshot multiplier than regular shots, so if you're using an accurate critical weapon (such as the Soma, Snipetron Vandal, Soma, Latron Prime or Soma), line up your shots and go to town. Of course this also means Sniper Rifle damage is even more hilariously inconsistent but whatever.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

On top of the Brakk still doing massive damage to all types, at least one pellet is going to proc every shot. It is a beast.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Oops, I'm an idiot and only made 1/3 of the Rhino Frame. Anyone on PS4 wanna grind out Jackal and materials with me at some point? ign alteredmoniker.

a glorious hole fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Nov 22, 2013

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

a glorious hole posted:

Oops, I'm an idiot and only made 1/3 of the Rhino Frame. Anyone on PS4 wanna grind out Jackal and materials with me at some point? ign alteredmoniker.

Gonna do my rank 4 test real quick then I'll help you out.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Super noob question: how does one acquire special crafting materials for stuff likes suits and guns? Like, to build a waframe I need the chassis and helm or whatever, or for that first gun blueprint you need two specific gun parts.

How are these items acquired? Do I need to do/go somewhere specific or are they just random drops?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Chomp8645 posted:

Super noob question: how does one acquire special crafting materials for stuff likes suits and guns? Like, to build a waframe I need the chassis and helm or whatever, or for that first gun blueprint you need two specific gun parts.

How are these items acquired? Do I need to do/go somewhere specific or are they just random drops?

Weapon parts either drop from bosses or are rewards from certain missions. The two pieces of that gun (assuming you're talking about the Seer) drop from the same boss that gave you the blueprint.

The Warframe components have to be crafted. Usually the same boss will drop the blueprints for all 3 parts of a Frame, but there are a couple of exceptions. Then you just build the parts in the foundry and then use the pieces to build the frame.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Chomp8645 posted:

The warframe Chassis, Systems and Helmet are blueprints dropped by bosses in Assassination missions. Each boss drops a specific warframe's parts. The Seer pistol requires a barrel and receiver. These are dropped fully build by Vor. There are other weapons that have similar requirements and their parts are always fully built. It's just a matter of collecting them.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

So how rare are Orokin Cells? We aren't talking SOJ level right? I have a lot of blueprints from the early bosses with minimal grinding.

Secondly, is the Seer pistol any good? Just to know if its worth the two cells.

I like it and used it a whole bunch before crafting Kunai. The zoom is rather annoying; you're either too close to use it or your target is too far away to make use of it because of projectile speed. Fire speed, mag size and damage seem fine and multishot makes everything better.

Dezztroy posted:

They gave the Jaw Sword a base 50% proc chance. Is that the highest in the game? Jaw Sword is still a piece of poo poo, but atleast it might be a fun to use piece of poo poo now.

Not sure if it's the highest but it's still a single blade. I'm letting it soak up xp right now and maybe I'll actually try whacking some dudes with it later. Seemed pretty awful last night. well gently caress, it just got hotfixed to 10%

Chomp8645 posted:

Go to where you got the first piece. Pray to the random number god. http://guidescroll.com/2013/01/warframe-boss-locations-and-drops-list/
Resources drop from the planets they're listed as dropping from.

Oh hey, hotfix:
Stalker buff
Kunai trails toned down
Jaw Sword nerf; 10% proc
Social window adjustment
Soma buff
https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/135065-hotfix-1103-hotter-than-ruk%E2%80%99s-guns/

MisterOblivious fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 22, 2013

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
So using the Seer pistol as an example, If I want to build that I should just kill Vor over and over until he drops the components?

For warframes, is there any well to tell what bosses drop components for what warframes?

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Chomp8645 posted:

So using the Seer pistol as an example, If I want to build that I should just kill Vor over and over until he drops the components?

Yeah, pretty much. The drop rates are pretty high though so it shouldnt take long.

Chomp8645 posted:

For warframes, is there any well to tell what bosses drop components for what warframes?

Use the wiki :v:

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

a glorious hole posted:

I could get in on that later tonight. PSN is phentyn. I've killed Jackel once, and it wasn't very efficient, just so you're warned.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

So guys do you think love can bloom on the battlefield?

(Sorry this was just way too funny to pass up)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Crowbear posted:

Yeah, pretty much. The drop rates are pretty high though so it shouldnt take long.

Use the wiki :v:

Meh, use one of the boss drop lists instead.