Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Exmond posted:

Holy crap. Has anyone else hit the bug on the PS4 where they are playing, but suddenly they are no longer interacting with anything? My shots do nothing, I can't change weapons. Ive hit this like 4 times tonight

Could just be lag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Exmond posted:

Holy crap. Has anyone else hit the bug on the PS4 where they are playing, but suddenly they are no longer interacting with anything? My shots do nothing, I can't change weapons. Ive hit this like 4 times tonight

I'm pretty sure this is just lag. The host probably DC'd or something.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Exmond posted:

Is it where you can shoot and use powers but can't hit anything, can't pick up anything and can't even switch weapons? I've had that a few times, seems like a de-sync issue. A few times from that it fixed itself though half the time it's stuck like that until the mission ends. The unfair part is the enemies could still hit me and I'm not even sure my powers do anything.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Earlier today I had done a survivval mission where my life support counter went to zero while I was using one of the recharger things- I just kept on taking damage anyway. It seems once you hit zero, there's no way to bring the counter back up. Kind of a pain.

Is making my excalibur a tank a viable strategy? Right now my card setup is +120 percent health/shields, +60% shield regen, and a level 3 blade dash. I've found that I die a lot less but I dunno if maybe there's a way to lessen incoming damage by killing poo poo better.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

Male Man posted:

Could just be lag.
Yeah, hoo boy a lot of us PC people were getting this a few weeks ago, you can chat perfectly but can't interact with anything. I don't think powers do anything, and anyway you can't pick up energy so you're hosed.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Deadly Chlorine posted:

Yeah, hoo boy a lot of us PC people were getting this a few weeks ago, you can chat perfectly but can't interact with anything. I don't think powers do anything, and anyway you can't pick up energy so you're hosed.

The lovely/good thing is that you can chat pretty much no matter what, since the game connection and chat connection are asynchronous.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
God I hate getting stuck with pubbies who just sit on a console that they can't hack so we are stuck behind a door for 3 minutes doing nothing

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
"No."

MotU posted:

God I hate getting stuck with pubbies who just sit on a console that they can't hack so we are stuck behind a door for 3 minutes doing nothing
No offence to those pubbies but how the gently caress do you repeatedly fail to hack consoles, it isn't rocket science.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Deadly Chlorine posted:

No offence to those pubbies but how the gently caress do you repeatedly fail to hack consoles, it isn't rocket science.

Picture puzzles are hard, man. :saddowns:

I had pubbies today who totally ignored the VIPs on a capture mission in favour of farming the trash mobs we were supposed to be hunting down. Why yes, let's focus on the lancers in the previous room and not the VIP that just booked it and is halfway to his escape shuttle by now. :v:

Also, on that same mission, both VIPs escaped, and for whatever reason there was no more objective markers, not even a "get to the choppa" escape marker. It was basically our group in a level with infinitely-respawning enemies and no objective. Does that happen often? For reference, it happened seconds before they announced the hotfix for this evening.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Deadly Chlorine posted:

I remember the first time I got the one with the symmetrical X in the middle I thought my game had glitched out, and I probably failed it before I realized it wanted me to put it the other way.

Seriously, why have a symmetrical tile in a rotation based puzzle?

Why do I have so much fun with this game when I'm pretty sure I hate it on some level?

QuantaStarFire posted:

Also, on that same mission, both VIPs escaped, and for whatever reason there was no more objective markers, not even a "get to the choppa" escape marker. It was basically our group in a level with infinitely-respawning enemies and no objective. Does that happen often? For reference, it happened seconds before they announced the hotfix for this evening.

I had it twice yesterday. Never even saw the second guy both times, the marker just vanished.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Dear God, everything looks so different now. I reapplied to the clan, let's see if the game is more fun now.

At least I can try to earn platinum now.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

"No."

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I remember the first time I got the one with the symmetrical X in the middle I thought my game had glitched out, and I probably failed it before I realized it wanted me to put it the other way.

Seriously, why have a symmetrical tile in a rotation based puzzle?

Probably happened to me once too, but how does someone keep making the same mistake for 3 minutes. :psyduck:

Also on Capture mission talk, usually I have to chase the VIP down and shoot him myself when with pubbies because they keep going after the poo poo mobs too. Goddamn go play survival/defence if you like it so much.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Deadly Chlorine posted:

Probably happened to me once too, but how does someone keep making the same mistake for 3 minutes. :psyduck:

Also on Capture mission talk, usually I have to chase the VIP down and shoot him myself when with pubbies because they keep going after the poo poo mobs too. Goddamn go play survival/defence if you like it so much.

It's the sort of thing that should only throw you off once or twice. Any more than that is seriously WTF.

And it's 2013 but people still can't be trusted to do anything other than kill everything.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
The RNG really loving loves Sicarus Prime, because I've gotten three receivers in a row.

loving Frost Prime.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Rescue is buggy and dumb and I wish it'd go away. :(

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Er, does anyone need a Steel Charge aura? I have an extra and don't really feel like I should just fuse it away if someone else wants one, since I have literally 520 fusion cores.

Shame I got rid of an extra Rejuvenation this way, but better I learned sooner rather than later how to work this thing.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Kessel posted:

Rescue is buggy and dumb and I wish it'd go away. :(
I seem to recall DE mentioning that it's going to be replaced with something else. I tend to avoid them wherever I can, personally.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Helter Skelter posted:

I seem to recall DE mentioning that it's going to be replaced with something else. I tend to avoid them wherever I can, personally.

I think either Sabotage or Deception was the one they were planning to replace, since they're basically the same thing. I really wish Rescue would go too though.

The tower 3 capture targets are a little ridiculous. One of them glitched out or something so he wouldn't run away, but he took about 30 shots to die from Lanka with a radiation damage listed at about 1300. He was the Corpus one too so shooting him in the head did way less damage and bodyshots were the only solution.

Now that I think about it, I have absolutely no idea how this new damage works in general. My Ogris rockets sometimes kill groups of enemies in one shot, and then they start taking off tiny slivers of a corrupted crewman's shields. Randomly one of these rockets will suddenly kill him, no matter how much health he had left. I guess blast damage is bad against shields? But I see this weird variation on other enemies too sometimes. Pulling the trigger on anything now feels like pulling the lever on a tiny slot machine.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Nov 23, 2013

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

I'm stuck on one for progression and it's bugged out every single one of the past six runs.

The clincher was when, on the sixth run, we were busy hacking a security panel to open a door, with not a single goddamn enemy in sight, when the prisoner let out the world's loudest croak, fell to the floor in a crumpled heap, and the mission ended in failure.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Kessel posted:

I'm stuck on one for progression and it's bugged out every single one of the past six runs.

The clincher was when, on the sixth run, we were busy hacking a security panel to open a door, with not a single goddamn enemy in sight, when the prisoner let out the world's loudest croak, fell to the floor in a crumpled heap, and the mission ended in failure.

The stress was just too much for his heart. :(

Any tips on moving fast in this game? Every video and stream I watch has people jumping all over the place and doing slides and poo poo to just plow through a level, and I'm wondering if I can do that on my dinky Excalibur.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

After having gotten all of the new stuff to 30 or near it with a potato, here's a brief review of each. For all the weapons, they're crap without mods and also have no innate polarities, so I wouldn't consider any of them if you're a new player.

Lecta (the whip): Probably one of the better melee weapons, though still behind galatine. It's not a charge attack weapon (its charge actually kinda sucks), but a mash melee button in hordes of enemies weapon. It hits multiple targets per swing, though the third swing is a bit weird to aim. It has solid range and its innate electrical damage doesn't hurt it too bad. If you absolutely must melee, you can do worse, but as it is now it's nothing to write home about. Range and attack speed mods are pretty good on it after the standard base damage and elemental mods.

Cestra (the pistol): It's basically just a pistol gorgon that spins up slower and fires slower. Of the high fire rate pistols it's probably the best due to surprisingly decent ammo efficiency and good base damage. Even being mostly puncture it's still solid against infested. If you're into gorgon pistols it's a good pick, but usually that's not what you're looking for in a pistol.

Tigris (the double barreled shotgun): poo poo. Its reload is way too long for its 2 (really just 1) shot magazine, and its base damage is not high enough to compensate for either of those things. It still has damage dropoff, doesn't have a wide spread or high number of pellets, and doesn't have a good crit chance or any real redeeming features. There is absolutely no reason to use this gun unless you just really want a double barreled shotgun. Like it's so bad I don't think a single person at DE play tested it, and I honestly wonder how nobody saw its stats and thought "Hey maybe this blows." Use the sobek.

Valkyr: Like the tigris, I'm not sure anyone really play tested Valkyr. She has mediocre base stats apart from armor (which is largely useless) and the lowest or tied for lowest shields in the game. Her energy is low, but to an extent that's not a big deal. Hulk hands is fun and powerful, and makes fighting in melee feel good, if overly simplistic since there are no charge attacks. It's no mprime, stomp, or pull, but what is? It applies a really annoying red tint over your screen though, which can be especially bad in some rooms. Grappling hook is neat, but needs a lot of work. It takes a lot of time to fire, sometimes doesn't want to fire at all, costs too much for what it does, and doesn't actually pull you to your target or really even close to it (can't cross the gap at the end of cyath, for example). Her buff is entirely useless. Armor is already bad, and since it's a percentage buff few frames will get much benefit from it anyway. Likewise melee attack speed is pretty much never useful. The enemy speed debuff isn't very noticeable and is largely irrelevant when most of them have guns anyway. Her stun only lasts about a second and a half, seemingly unaffected by anything, does damage that nobody would care about, requires a huge sacrifice to use which is even more counter-intuitive due to her poor shield rating, seems to have a target cap, and will do absolutely nothing when you would need it most. On the plus side, it only costs 5 energy, but I'd rather pay more for a good ability. Every ability has too long of a cast time, but that's nothing new.

What I would want them to do to her is give her Loki's base movement speed and better health and shield ratings. Ability wise, they should just remove the damage from her stun and grappling hook since nobody is going to use them that purpose anyway. Grappling hook should only cost 5-10 energy and pull you farther and faster when you hit something that isn't an enemy. Her buff should be changed to self only and speed up melee charge times in addition to what it already gives, and give a lifesteal effect to at least Valkyr herself. They seem to want her to be a health/armor tank, but without a way to restore her health that's not going to work. If all that is too much, they could easily drop the enemy slow. If they make the above change to her buff, her stun can keep the shield cost for damage, albeit with a better coefficient, but always stun with the duration improved by mods, and a faster casting animation so that she can actually act before they recover. The energy cost should go up in that case from 5 to 25. Hulk hands needs to lose that red filter effect because it is awful, and I'd like to see it fleshed out a bit more with a charge attack and maybe a new attack on mouse click. It doesn't need too much beyond that.

So basically the guns are trash at worst or nothing special at best, and Valkyr needs some serious work on most of her, but her ult is pretty fun and lets you actually melee in this game, if in a shallow way. Don't go out of your way to pick any of them up until buffs.

Why have I written so many words about this stupid loving game?

chumbler fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 23, 2013

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Kessel posted:

In that case, you can probably get someone to drag you to the node after it and progress past it that way.

QuantaStarFire posted:

Any tips on moving fast in this game? Every video and stream I watch has people jumping all over the place and doing slides and poo poo to just plow through a level, and I'm wondering if I can do that on my dinky Excalibur.
Yes you can. It's mostly a matter of managing the tools at your disposal.

Sprinting is one of the quicker ways to get around, but it's not very efficient since it drains stamina fairly quickly. Sure, you can slot mods like Quick Rest and Marathon to get more out of your stamina bar, but screw that, those are mod points that could go toward making you better at killing stuff. So, you find ways to move that don't require as much stamina. Things like using the speed boost you get from jumping out of a horizontal wallrun, or sprinting forward while rapidly tapping the crouch key to keep moving at a sprinting speed without draining stamina nearly as fast (sometimes known as wavedashing), or going into a midair slide before hitting the ground so you don't roll and lose your momentum. Slides in general are great since they conserve momentum without draining stamina while also providing a small boost in forward momentum when you go into it.

There are also a few melee weapons (Dual Zorens being the favorite by far) whose sliding attack animations provide a forward boost, and increasing the attack speed via the Fury mod amplifies the effect greatly. Performing a midair slide attack with Fury'd Zorens is known as Zorencoptering and it will launch you across the room with a quickness (see gif in the OP for an example).

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

QuantaStarFire posted:

The stress was just too much for his heart. :(

Sprint-slide-sprint-slide-sprint-slide
Toss in some slide-jump-slide-jump

Level the rush mod for more sprint speed. There's a +25% speed -5% power helmet for Rhino.

Some frames are faster.

Oh, and Dual Zorens. Gotta have Dual Zorens if you wanna go fast. The reach is a bit low so Slash Dash isn't as "wide" but...you can jump around at super-speed. Slot them for Fury.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

chumbler posted:

Tigris (the double barreled shotgun): poo poo. Its reload is way too long for its 2 (really just 1) shot magazine, and its base damage is not high enough to compensate for either of those things. It still has damage dropoff, doesn't have a wide spread or high number of pellets, and doesn't have a good crit chance or any real redeeming features. There is absolutely no reason to use this gun unless you just really want a double barreled shotgun. Like it's so bad I don't think a single person at DE play tested it, and I honestly wonder how nobody saw its stats and thought "Hey maybe this blows." Use the sobek.

Valkyr: Like the tigris, I'm not sure anyone really play tested Valkyr. She has mediocre base stats apart from armor (which is largely useless) and the lowest or tied for lowest shields in the game. Her energy is low, but to an extent that's not a big deal. Hulk hands is fun and powerful, and makes fighting in melee feel good, if overly simplistic since there are no charge attacks.

One thing to note, however useless it may be, is that holding down the LMB on the Tigris fires one shot, letting go fires the other. If you just click it, it'll fire both in quick succession. Pretty useless, yeah.

And Valkyr's ultimate is also based off your current melee weapon (At least the attack speed), so if you plan on using her and her ultimate, equip something with fast attack speed and slot in the appropriate mods.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I just did my first 'high-end mission' since damage 2.0, cause I was busy leveling my Valkyr, and for the first time in a long, long while I failed. I equipped my Rhino and my Soma and went into that 55-58 alert not thinking about it. While loading i realized that my Soma is not modded to take advantage of the new Damage system yet and that the old enemy level 100 is now 30. Got a little worried but than remebred it's warframe where everything is easy and you can't die unless you get a phone call or do high-wave defense missions. I was so wrong and I am so happy about it.
I could keep the enemies down, but they kept proc-ing for slash damage, so I eventually bled to death through my shields. And surprisingly, I had a lot of fun during the whole thing. Used up my few health restores cause I never bothered rebuilding many as I rarely needed them at all. Now I have the urge to stock up on support items and that gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling for some retarded reason.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
I swear, the Cestra is a re-skin of that Corpus gun we never got from the Gradivus Dilemma event

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Nope.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Inbuilt radiation, huh. Did the devs ever say you could have two of the double-type damages on one gun? If so, that could work out rather well.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Serpentis posted:

Inbuilt radiation, huh. Did the devs ever say you could have two of the double-type damages on one gun? If so, that could work out rather well.
You can do it with any weapon, yes. How well it works out depends on the weapon in question.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Elemental mods are added to each other from top left to bottom right, so you can chose what combined elemental effect you want by ordering your mods around accordingly. If you have enough room and points you can get as many combined elemntals as you like. It seems that only one elemental effect procs for each shot though so stacking multiple elemntal thingies is not that useful on most weapons unless you have very high fire rate and proc chance, or a shotgun, as it seems each pellet is calculated like a single shot in terms of damage, crit and proc.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
So, I'm now crashing every time I try to join a game, regardless of the planet. Every time I CTD and see the Warframe bug reporter. Fun times!

e: Verified the steam file cache and everything appears to be good.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 23, 2013

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Do sentinels normally rank up very slowly? I just did a lower-level survival and my Ignis went from something like 25-27, but my Shade only went from 6 to 7.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hooah posted:

Do sentinels normally rank up very slowly? I just did a lower-level survival and my Ignis went from something like 25-27, but my Shade only went from 6 to 7.
Weapons take something like 300k XP to get to 30, while frames/sentinels take around 900k or so. So yeah, that's normal.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

hooah posted:

Yep. Very little you can do about sentinel levelling. If you need need need the mastery from them you can go to cyath or some other mobile defence with a full squad and level it via squad exp but it's still slow.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Anyone on PS4 able to jump me to the J3-Golem? It's the last piece of the Rhino Recipe I need!

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

a glorious hole posted:

Anyone on PS4 able to jump me to the J3-Golem? It's the last piece of the Rhino Recipe I need!

Is it different from the PC? Isn't Rhino on Venus?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
He probably needs the materials to craft the Rhino parts. Neural Sensors, most likely.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Tezzeract posted:

Is it different from the PC? Isn't Rhino on Venus?

Yeah the recipes for the pieces are there.

Schubalts posted:

He probably needs the materials to craft the Rhino parts. Neural Sensors, most likely.

correct!

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

chumbler posted:

I'm just going to add that Tigris' first shot is a standard button-down fire, but the second shot is button-up. Essentially a charged shot with 0 charge time. So tapping fire will vomit out both shots very quickly, but click-and-hold will only put out the first shot, the second shot coming when you release fire. This might make it marginally more useful, but it's still kind of weird.

One of the hotfixes around yesterday made it work properly like this. Before, the second shot would be delayed based on how long you held down fire, but it wouldn't match up with when you release fire, and it would always go off on its own after something like half a second, so it was more or less uncontrollable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Pierson posted:

Yep. Very little you can do about sentinel levelling. If you need need need the mastery from them you can go to cyath or some other mobile defence with a full squad and level it via squad exp but it's still slow.

Helter Skelter posted:

Weapons take something like 300k XP to get to 30, while frames/sentinels take around 900k or so. So yeah, that's normal.

Thanks. This being said, is Shade worthwhile at all? I only have Ghost on there currently, and it seems like it doesn't work too reliably. Sometimes it'll cloak me before I'm up in a dude's face, but other times I can be standing benignly next to a mob, not being cloaked.