Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

The MSJ posted:

THANK YOU

Is Sonic having a stroke in Panel 7?? :ohdear:
(Also, the game thing is probably safe - it appears Chrome or private browser has some issue or something that gives it a false positive. Don't know if there's a better hosting site or if I should even bother posting it at this point).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Google drive, sky drive, drop box, mega upload

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.
She rips that coat like it's made of paper.

Why the hell was she wearing a coat on such a beautiful day anyway?
so she could rip it help sonic

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Mathhole posted:

She rips that coat like it's made of paper.

Why the hell was she wearing a coat on such a beautiful day anyway?
so she could rip it help sonic

Chekov's coat.

We gonna get a second page today to get caught up for not getting one on Wednesday?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ballz posted:

We gonna get a second page today to get caught up for not getting one on Wednesday?

Yes we are.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
"This is my home goober"?

ALEX TRILLTON
Sep 9, 2011

IF I'M EVER A DICK ON THE INTERNET, TELL PAULSEPHIROTH'S MOM

IronicDongz posted:

"my home [, you] goober"

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

your name is Scourge?

It was a result for Pedro the Hedgehog Yes.

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

IronicDongz posted:

Sploosh!

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
Perspective and line weights on that last panel are pretty interesting.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Just wait until the next page or two, where after that scene from Final Fantasy X happens, but with hedgehogs, we flash back to Amy smoking a blunt with Knuckles in a hotub, and MEAN WHILE back to Spyro loving Rouge the Bat and Jessie from Team Rocket.

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

As far as I'm concerned, this is how Sonic met Amy:

Fun fact: The penguin is Sonic in a disguise he keeps for all of two panels.

Grimer is Dr. Robotnik's evil scientist henchman.

That computer has the AI of Dr. Kintobor, who was Robotnik before he was combined with a rotten egg.

A brief intermission to point out how loving massive Tails' forehead is:

Seriously, he looks like Will Smith's son.

Fight with Metallix goes here.

Blah, blah, fight with Metallix again.

I hope these last few pages of TGT is just how Amy thinks she met Sonic, because a Sonic that's not a massive wisecracking prick at every opportunity is not a Sonic I'm familiar with.

horriblePencilist
Oct 18, 2012

It's a Dirt Devil!
Get it?
I like it when Sonic looks like a pine tree, but that one panel where he looks like a palm tree or something is insane.
Also:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

That loving Sned posted:

A whole bunch of dumb and terrible poo poo.

You loving Sned what the hell was that? Don't post anymore of that lovely fanfic garbage this is the TGT thread you can post that garbage in PYF Horrible Fanart thread if you want.

Anyway ur a huge sonic nerd lol

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

It was a bit much but I liked Tails' massive forehead and Sonic making GBS threads on the 'Marxio Brothers' game.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

visceril posted:

You loving Sned what the hell was that? Don't post anymore of that lovely fanfic garbage this is the TGT thread you can post that garbage in PYF Horrible Fanart thread if you want.

For the record, that was from the UK's 'Sonic the Comic', a completely different beast to Archie's comics. Didn't just do Sonic, but many other Sega games, like Streets of Rage, Ecco the Dolphin, Sparkster, and so on. Lasted a long while, and those who read it remember it fondly.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Nov 23, 2013

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Who is that Rabbit? He looks like a self-insert OC do not steal Sonic's best friend and moral guide, but I haven't read any Sonic comics (or played Sonic games, really)

Also that robo planet really looks like Darkseid's world!

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I think the rabbit is actually Bugs, Porky is there too.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
So is that base the place they will neverbe found?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Laputanmachine posted:

So is that base the place they will neverbe found?

Yes. It's the place where Bugs just pretended to be gay for Daffy, before he was gay for real.

(UK Sonic is TGT canon. The pieces are all coming together. Marxio Brothers is now the key.)

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

visceril posted:

WHAT

I dont have fu->
->cking ears

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

As mentioned, Sonic the Comic UK was actually a pretty good kids comic, it didn't take itself too seriously even in the arch-villain arcs and had a Sonic you could totally imagine was voiced by Jaleel White. Also later in the comic Amy and a female original character to the comic got a spinoff where they had kick-rear end feminist adventures and launched a catapult at an ultra-advanced time traveling robot from the future.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
So to be clear, these sonic comics have nothing to do with the horrible echidna comics or their creator, right?

If so, I withdraw my insults. That is all

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

visceril posted:

So to be clear, these sonic comics have nothing to do with the horrible echidna comics or their creator, right?

If so, I withdraw my insults. That is all

Insults withdrawn. There is a 3 day-waiting period before you may insult again. Sick burns, as always, are exempt from this rule.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Jago posted:

Google drive, sky drive, drop box, mega upload

Google drive worked. I don't think I'm going to post it though, its made with an unreg GM and its still got the watermarks and its embarrassing.

That loving Sned posted:

WHAT

I dont have fu->
->cking ears

You don't need ears to read!

Jingai Jigokumoto
Feb 8, 2013

by XyloJW

Data Graham posted:

I hadn't even considered that the faceplanting might be LB trying to do something consistent with the Sonic universe :psyduck:

Like "something fell" in Dave Sim's Cerebus.

For anyone familiar with Cerebus, are you looking more foward to lazerbot's "Reads" phase or his "Latter Days" phase?

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Jingai Jigokumoto posted:

Like "something fell" in Dave Sim's Cerebus.

For anyone familiar with Cerebus, are you looking more foward to lazerbot's "Reads" phase or his "Latter Days" phase?

I'm eager for his 'not turn out like Dave Sim' phase.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
How do we know Lazerbot isn't Dave Sim?

Tacostein
Aug 3, 2006

Dumb ass will learn ,
Micah The Rat. That's how.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
gently caress it. I spent like 2-3 hours on it maybe? It has watermarks, and its loving sloppy but here it is:
It's Sonic's stage so there isn't any villains, except one at the end. I just played it now and took 47 seconds.
If you can beat that time - maybe I'll do something, I don't know.

All the sprites and sounds are from Sega. Except for the stuff that isn't.

Edit: It's broken.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 24, 2013

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

That girl should rent her self out a->
s a professonal hostage

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

scarycave posted:

I just played it now and took 47 seconds.
If you can beat that time - maybe I'll do something, I don't know.

It crashes if Sonic's hitbox goes above the ceiling (the quickest way to test it is right in the beginning) and for some unfathomable reason in the boss fight after two hits. Also the timer gets stuck at 99.99.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

tiistai posted:

It crashes if Sonic's hitbox goes above the ceiling (the quickest way to test it is right in the beginning) and for some unfathomable reason in the boss fight after two hits. Also the timer gets stuck at 99.99.

Well poo poo. Never had that happen. Guess I'll take it down then. Still, Thanks for trying. Maybe I just uploaded the wrong version...I'm pretty sure I got rid of the time cap.

edit: I actually just replayed the one from the link, aside from the time (I was trying to speed run it), everything seemed to be working fine. I'll just keep it down for now, If you'd like to try it again I can see if I can take a look at it after work and reupload it.

scarycave fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 24, 2013

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

scarycave posted:

Is Sonic having a stroke in Panel 7?? :ohdear:

I think he's cropdusting her

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
Friendly reminder that this chapter began with a dragon loving an anthropomorphic bat and a Pokemon trainer.

Now I kind of like this better than the actual Sonic canon, but less so if it is in fact a rip-off of some scene from FFX (which I never played)

Even so, it's really nice and pretty for TGT, really tranq-

Jesus Christ this is the eye of the storm, isn't it.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
For the benefit of all of three of the goons who haven't played FFX: the scene in question involves the protagonist--the goofy and stilted response to fans saying the final fantasy heroes had become too melodramatic--sharing a 'deep' and 'intimate' moment with the female lead--Mary Sue--in a sparkly magic forest pond.

Allegedly, your actions in the game could affect who your love interest is--like a more elaborate version of the relationship between Cloud, Aeris (it's not Aerith gently caress weeaboos), and Tifa. Supposedly, one of the people you could have this scene with instead of the Female Lead was Khimari, a muscular blue Na'avi.

What I'm trying to say here is that while LB may not be copying FFX, it's certainly laid the friend work for his masterpiece

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

visceril posted:

For the benefit of all of three of the goons who haven't played FFX: the scene in question involves the protagonist--the goofy and stilted response to fans saying the final fantasy heroes had become too melodramatic--sharing a 'deep' and 'intimate' moment with the female lead--Mary Sue--in a sparkly magic forest pond.

Allegedly, your actions in the game could affect who your love interest is--like a more elaborate version of the relationship between Cloud, Aeris (it's not Aerith gently caress weeaboos), and Tifa. Supposedly, one of the people you could have this scene with instead of the Female Lead was Khimari, a muscular blue Na'avi.

What I'm trying to say here is that while LB may not be copying FFX, it's certainly laid the friend work for his masterpiece

I don't really see it. This just seems like standard fan-fiction/anime romance.
Also, Kimahri is always in the cutscene watching Yuna and Tidus for a bit before leaving. The relationship thing only affects who throws the blitz ball for Tidus' limit break, and who talks with him during cut-scenes and maybe tags along for certain parts. I don't remember.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

New page. This is getting awfully mushy.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I know Amy was Sonic's girlfriend, but this is starting to look like somewhat unreliable narration :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Amy is a god drat liar.