Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

This Cold Ass Honkey Ain't No Jive Turkey, Ya Dig?

Raluek posted:

Did you get to take a peek under the hood of that "600HP" Camaro?

That number has now been proven to be a victim of my inability to attentively listen to people who are speaking to me. I thought I heard it, but in fact I simply had been drifting during a conversation with him. I have no idea what it really has but having been in it now it most assuredly is not that high. Still, it's a shitton of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

front wing flexing posted:

Great cars but if you're going to get together specifically for a photo shoot then the pictures probably shouldn't be awful.

It was an impromptu thing that kinda just happened. We were all just shooting the poo poo and then a friend of my buddy Pete (Camaro guy) took out her camera, pete suggested we ought to open the hoods, and she took some pictures

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

11BulletCatcher posted:

It was an impromptu thing that kinda just happened. We were all just shooting the poo poo and then a friend of my buddy Pete (Camaro guy) took out her camera, pete suggested we ought to open the hoods, and she took some pictures

That was taken with an actual camera and not a cell phone? drat she sucks.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Post your own ride - It's a $600 camera, gently caress off.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Michael Scott posted:

Pretty sure it was taken with a potato.

11BulletCatcher
Feb 27, 2010

Michael Scott posted:

Cell phone camera.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Porsche has some really wicked interior fabrics.

I think the first one might even be a Recaro.
My dad's 1983 944 had this interior. It's really strange yet pleasing to look at. His 924 had the basic black and grey pinstripe interior. My S2 has the very neutral but good black + champagne velour/tan.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

11BulletCatcher posted:

Cell phone camera.

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

BlackMK4 posted:

I had to google that... then I saw this. :lol: So terrible but so awesome.

Still better than that puke green that was offered on e46 M3's.

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

b0nes posted:

That is an e46 M3.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

b0nes posted:

You mean the Phoenix Yellow color you quoted?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Hey assholes, post more pictures of your cars!

Here, have a picture of my truck that is itself nearly exactly a decade old.

Gorillian Dollars
Jan 22, 2012

We are selling to willing buyers at the current fair market price, even if we know it has no value.

CharlesM posted:

I love how the power window switch is stuck in the indentation of where a crank subwoofer would go.
Now that's more AI spirited.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
Are we allowed to post pictures of things other people did to our cars?

I couldn't find the puncture hole on the other tire.

Why yes I was planning on getting 2 new tires today.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

11BulletCatcher posted:

So my buddies got together and did a thing with a camera:

I can get on board this "posing like a dork in front of your car" train:

Note: Don't call the replica of The Corkscrew "The Corkscrew". They get really mad when you do that.

Gern Blandsten
Jan 28, 2012
Interior shot of my '83 Alfa GTV6:

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

Gern Blandsten posted:

Interior shot of my '83 Alfa GTV6:

Nice steering wheel!

I lowered the front of the GTV a bit to make it level and installed a 75 Turbo anti-roll bar. Next on the list are 105 series balljoints for the castor rods, yellow Konis that I have laying around and a fire extinguisher on the floor in front of the passenger seat.

Gern Blandsten
Jan 28, 2012

DoLittle posted:

Nice steering wheel!

I lowered the front of the GTV a bit to make it level and installed a 75 Turbo anti-roll bar. Next on the list are 105 series balljoints for the castor rods, yellow Konis that I have laying around and a fire extinguisher on the floor in front of the passenger seat.

:golfclap:

I plan on lowering the front end on mine while I have it in the garage this winter, as well as replace the flex discs ("guibos") and the brake rotors/pads. I really would like to get some Ronal replica wheels too :fap:

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

Gern Blandsten posted:

:golfclap:

I plan on lowering the front end on mine while I have it in the garage this winter, as well as replace the flex discs ("guibos") and the brake rotors/pads. I really would like to get some Ronal replica wheels too :fap:

I had also been eyeing the Ronal A1s before I found the Compomotives. There was a cheap set of Ronals for sale in Sweden, but in 4x98 and I had already switched to the 5-bolt GTV6 hubs. The Compos I have on now are 7x15 ET 27 at front and 7x15 ET 20 at the back.

I also need to do something about the driveshaft at some stage. There was an annoying vibration around 2000-2500 rpm. I got mostly rid of it with a DIY balancing using a chalk and hose clips. A previous owner had changed the guibos and the central bearing. It is possible that the shaft has not been put back together correctly.

Edit vv:

Hit an Apex posted:

The driveshaft balance is nearly 100% black magic. Count your washers.

My Milanos guibos basically exploded at some point, so don't let rattling get too bad.

Yeah, but if it has already been put back together incorrectly there isn't much else to do but to take it apart, check that all the parts are in good condition and have it rebalanced. It was pretty bad before the DIY balancing, but it is now good enough not the be at the top of the to-do list. The 75 has a clunking noise in the clutch region that sounds much more urgent...

DoLittle fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 23, 2013

Hit an Apex
Dec 2, 2004

Real Racing. Real Sport.

DoLittle posted:

It is possible that the shaft has not been put back together correctly.

The driveshaft balance is nearly 100% black magic. Count your washers.

My Milanos guibos basically exploded at some point, so don't let rattling get too bad.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

DoLittle posted:

Nice steering wheel!

How will you fix the extinguisher to the floor? I like to keep one in my car, but it's currently just wedged under a seat. Not the safest or most easiest accessed place for it.

Edit: Beautiful car, BTW.

MetaJew fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Nov 23, 2013

Gern Blandsten
Jan 28, 2012
My friend is a photographer, so she took some artsy sophisticateded pictures of mine (including that interior shot I posted earlier):

I never really understood why they built these things with the front so high, everyone that sees it notices it. I still have the black Campagnolo wheels on mine, but Centerline has some pretty nice Ronal A1 replicas here - https://www.centerlinealfa.com/bodywork/2129

I love the look of both of them, but I would really like to just put the Campy's away to preserve them for a while.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

MetaJew posted:

How will you fix the extinguisher to the floor? I like to keep one in my car, but it's currently just wedged under a seat. Not the safest or most easiest accessed place for it.

Edit: Beautiful car, BTW.

Thanks! The plan is to bolt these to the floor: http://ybracing.com/omp-cd312-ebayad01-cd312-omp-108mm-brackets-for-fire-extinguisher-omp-cab316-and-cab320-hand-held.html

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Okay, cool. I've been thinking about making a bracket that bolts to the seat rail. Tons of Porsche and Miata parts places make things like this, but I haven't found an option for the MS3 yet.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MetaJew posted:

Okay, cool. I've been thinking about making a bracket that bolts to the seat rail. Tons of Porsche and Miata parts places make things like this, but I haven't found an option for the MS3 yet.

It's supposed to go on the A-Pillar. And it's also supposed to be anodized in metallic purple.

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006

Gern Blandsten posted:

My friend is a photographer, so she took some artsy sophisticateded pictures of mine (including that interior shot I posted earlier):

I never really understood why they built these things with the front so high, everyone that sees it notices it. I still have the black Campagnolo wheels on mine, but Centerline has some pretty nice Ronal A1 replicas here - https://www.centerlinealfa.com/bodywork/2129

I love the look of both of them, but I would really like to just put the Campy's away to preserve them for a while.

Highwood Alfa (http://www.highwoodalfa.com/) has been good to me. A set of those Ronals replicas is £620 ($1000) there, but I'd guess shipping brings them to price parity with Centerline. The set in Sweden was ~400€, but 4x98...

Yeah, the front end desperately needs a drop. The good thing is that it is height adjustable. Someone claimed that it was raised to meet US bumber height regulations? Mine went down 22 mm (half a turn of the torsion bars). Before/after:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

Rhyno posted:

It's supposed to go on the A-Pillar. And it's also supposed to be anodized in metallic purple.

:rolleyes:

Browsing the JC Whitney catalog, are we?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It's almost my own ride. Does picking it up next Saturday count?

It's bone stock and aside from tint by god it's going to stay that way :mad:

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

when i move you move, just like that

I think I'm done with external mods. Brakes and new seats will be next.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

dangerz posted:

Looks rad. Get some Recaro buckets. :)

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

Octopus Magic posted:

Looks rad. Get some Recaro buckets. :)
I want to find a set that'll be ok as a daily driver seat as well. I only track the car 2 or 3 times a year. The Corbeau A4s (for the price) seem decent. The other option is to have track seats and just swap them out on track days, but that just seems like a lot of hassle. I dunno.

The next planned track day isn't until next March so I have time to figure it out.

Poisonlizard
Apr 1, 2007

dangerz posted:

What wheels are those? They look like TSW's but I'm not sure which one.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

dangerz posted:

I want to find a set that'll be ok as a daily driver seat as well. I only track the car 2 or 3 times a year. The Corbeau A4s (for the price) seem decent. The other option is to have track seats and just swap them out on track days, but that just seems like a lot of hassle. I dunno.

The next planned track day isn't until next March so I have time to figure it out.

I used to daily drive my Bride Zeta III full bucket. It's really not that big of a deal, you just need to take out your wallet and put it in the center console. I drove to Canada once or twice in it also (Around 8 hours one way). Although I may be more into "sporting position" than you are.

Corbeau's are too unworthy to put in a Z06. ;)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z06-discussion/2807022-the-dark-side-of-the-corbeau-a4.html

This does not sound promising.

Also be aware that folding seats have no provision for a sub belt.

dangerz
Jan 12, 2005

Poisonlizard posted:

What wheels are those? They look like TSW's but I'm not sure which one.
TSW Nurburgrings. I custom made the center caps because I didn't like the super silver bright TSW logo.

Octopus Magic posted:

I used to daily drive my Bride Zeta III full bucket. It's really not that big of a deal, you just need to take out your wallet and put it in the center console. I drove to Canada once or twice in it also (Around 8 hours one way). Although I may be more into "sporting position" than you are.

Corbeau's are too unworthy to put in a Z06. ;)

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z06-discussion/2807022-the-dark-side-of-the-corbeau-a4.html

This does not sound promising.

Also be aware that folding seats have no provision for a sub belt.
The issue with the c5z (and c5's in general) is that the cabin is small, so there aren't many seats that fit. I'll look into the Bride seats, thanks for the info. I like the sporting position but I also like to be comfortable :]

I sat in a friend's A4 seats and they hugged me really well. There are some gripes to them but anything is better than the stockers.

Black Is Black
Jan 6, 2007

Well, I went off and put my FRS in a giant shiny vinyl condom.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
I can't tell where the HDR stops and the vinyl starts

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

dangerz posted:

Recaro spg 2s. I've done probably 10 000 miles in them and they are fine and awesome.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

sadnessboner posted:

I can't tell where the HDR stops and the vinyl starts

I'm not really seeing HDR post processing in that photo.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

dangerz posted:

TSW Nurburgrings. I custom made the center caps because I didn't like the super silver bright TSW logo.

The issue with the c5z (and c5's in general) is that the cabin is small, so there aren't many seats that fit. I'll look into the Bride seats, thanks for the info. I like the sporting position but I also like to be comfortable :]

I sat in a friend's A4 seats and they hugged me really well. There are some gripes to them but anything is better than the stockers.

Recaro + Bride are basically the same thing (Japanese made vs German made). A full bucket is about as tight as you can get in a car. Good luck on your decision! I kind of want to get a Z06 and ditch my DSM....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

My latest 'not a basket case'.

2000 95 Aero with about 130k on the odometer. I replaced the orange side markers with clear ones, and replaced both front turn signal indicators - one was broken, and the other cracked. I spent about 15 minutes, and $60 later.

:negative:

:spergin: I don't like the '99 wheels all that much, and the caps (and hood emblem) are incorrect for the year.