Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hooah posted:

Thanks. This being said, is Shade worthwhile at all? I only have Ghost on there currently, and it seems like it doesn't work too reliably. Sometimes it'll cloak me before I'm up in a dude's face, but other times I can be standing benignly next to a mob, not being cloaked.
Yeah, Shade is pretty decent. Ranking up Ghost will let it activate farther away from enemies. Something to keep in mind is that it does have a short cooldown of 5 seconds or so, and it breaks when you attack with a weapon (but not if you activate one of your powers). So if it tries to activate while you're mid-stab or something, it'll break immediately and restart the cooldown.

You'll also want to put Ghost in the top-right slot (put Guardian in the top-left) since sentinels prioritize their ability usage based on their placement. If you put your sentinel's attack mod (Revenge, in this case) in the top-left slot, it'll prioritize shooting over cloaking you or restoring your shields, which is obviously not optimal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Shade is the only sentinel I use after having leveled the first three that were available. I love its ability to cloak me, and leveling up that ability and putting it in the upper left slot* lets it trigger rather often. I don't bother using any offensive skills with any sentinel though, I know they can be rather useful, but i find it distracting if I try to level a melee weapon and my sentinel decides to blast away whatever I try to murder atm. So for pure improvement of damage output other sentinels are a better option, like Deathcube or Worm.

*the placement of the active abilities determines what is getting used more often by the sentinel. If you want your sentinel to dish out damage, put that standard attack in the upper left slot, etc, etc.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
Valkyr isn't great and Rip Line isn't an amazing super grappling hook, but I literally can't go back to other frames now that I've gotten used to moving around with it. I feel like my feet are made of lead when I can't simply grapple over a high wall or ignore an elevator in the void.

Also I really need them to buff the Tigris because it's incredibly fun to use even if it's total garbage.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I love infestation missions and my Mag's Pull ability:

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

MisterOblivious posted:

Oh, and Dual Zorens. Gotta have Dual Zorens if you wanna go fast. The reach is a bit low so Slash Dash isn't as "wide" but...you can jump around at super-speed. Slot them for Fury.

Your choice of melee weapon has absolutely no effect on Slash Dash. The radius is determined entirely by the level of the Slash Dash mod itself and the power range mods you have slotted.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Male Man posted:

Could just be lag.

No its not just lag.. I pretty much become useless to the team, my shots do nothing, my powers dont activate and I can't change weapons. I can mvoe my guy but the game doesnt recognize it (So if i go to a door the door doesnt open) and I can't interact with anything. This has been happening with several missions and happens midway through, makes playing this buggy game a wash.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Kanos posted:

Valkyr isn't great and Rip Line isn't an amazing super grappling hook, but I literally can't go back to other frames now that I've gotten used to moving around with it. I feel like my feet are made of lead when I can't simply grapple over a high wall or ignore an elevator in the void.

Also I really need them to buff the Tigris because it's incredibly fun to use even if it's total garbage.

It's like being lovely Warframe Spiderman - the good so very marginally outweighs the bad.

I die all the time with Valkyr, but I want her to be good so very badly.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Exmond posted:

No its not just lag.. I pretty much become useless to the team, my shots do nothing, my powers dont activate and I can't change weapons. I can mvoe my guy but the game doesnt recognize it (So if i go to a door the door doesnt open) and I can't interact with anything. This has been happening with several missions and happens midway through, makes playing this buggy game a wash.

That sounds exactly like what happens when you desync with the host. It's just really bad lag. One of the longstanding problems with Warframe.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I also enjoy Valkyr, and while it is an overall bad frame I realy, realy love the Rip Line skill, both for movement and for ripping people in half, flinging their corpse across the room all while it counts as 'silent' and the guy next to the target is none the wise.

Also love the Tigris, even if its not great, I just love it.

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Piell posted:

Amazon has a sale for platinum (+some mods and boosts) at 50% off until December 2. You'll get 1500 platinum for the $50 dollar package compared to 1050 platinum for the Prime Access $50 package. It's not as good a deal as getting a 50% off coupon in the daily login rewards, but it's still pretty good.

Are the mod packs generally decent or is it a horrible roulette wheel where I could end up with 8 fast reloads and 5 well of lifes

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

madpanda posted:

Are the mod packs generally decent or is it a horrible roulette wheel where I could end up with 8 fast reloads and 5 well of lifes

Yes.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

madpanda posted:

With the introduction of trading a small amount of platinum will get you copies of every mod you want that isn't absurdly rare. Mod packs are horrible overpriced gambles.

MrDude
Jun 23, 2011
I've been playing a few days, but I seem to have hit a brick wall with Jupiter - can I not progress until this Alad V event thing is over? I did both of the current event things (where you teleport between ships) five times so I can get the reward, but the missions after that didn't open up. It let me skip a few to do the second Alad V one, but I can't do any of the adjacent ones still. Sucks 'cause I think I want to aim for Volt, and I'm blocked off from the Golem.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

MrDude posted:

I've been playing a few days, but I seem to have hit a brick wall with Jupiter - can I not progress until this Alad V event thing is over? I did both of the current event things (where you teleport between ships) five times so I can get the reward, but the missions after that didn't open up. It let me skip a few to do the second Alad V one, but I can't do any of the adjacent ones still. Sucks 'cause I think I want to aim for Volt, and I'm blocked off from the Golem.

You should ask a goon to bring you along for a Golem run. That would permanently unlock the mission for you.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Helter Skelter posted:

Yeah, Shade is pretty decent. Ranking up Ghost will let it activate farther away from enemies. Something to keep in mind is that it does have a short cooldown of 5 seconds or so, and it breaks when you attack with a weapon (but not if you activate one of your powers). So if it tries to activate while you're mid-stab or something, it'll break immediately and restart the cooldown.

You'll also want to put Ghost in the top-right slot (put Guardian in the top-left) since sentinels prioritize their ability usage based on their placement. If you put your sentinel's attack mod (Revenge, in this case) in the top-left slot, it'll prioritize shooting over cloaking you or restoring your shields, which is obviously not optimal.

I didn't know about the cooldown, but I knew about sentinel priorities and all that. It just seems that I'm often not being cloaked when I should. However, I've noticed that if I'm firing my Ignis, he'll sometimes cloak me while I'm still firing, as if he only cares about decloaking for the initial attack.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Man I finally managed to fluke the rank 8 test, half the time I ended up running ontop of the wall. I missed the final platform somehow and I think the lotus just got fedup and let me pass.

Is there any clantech stuff worth building at rank 8? Also the next test should be easy as I can just use ash and stealth the gently caress out of it I hope.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv4L0otHr3w

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Anyone who is familiar with the Vauban warframe, is there any reason to use anything other than Vortex? It does a shitload of damage and seems to be better at controlling mobs than bastille. The tesla grenade seems pretty underwhelming and bounce seems pretty gimmicky.

Just wondering if I'm discounting tesla and bastille too early and if there are some scenario's I'm not thinking about. Regardless the frame is worth it just for how awesome vortex is.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

katkillad2 posted:

Anyone who is familiar with the Vauban warframe, is there any reason to use anything other than Vortex? It does a shitload of damage and seems to be better at controlling mobs than bastille. The tesla grenade seems pretty underwhelming and bounce seems pretty gimmicky.

Just wondering if I'm discounting tesla and bastille too early and if there are some scenario's I'm not thinking about. Regardless the frame is worth it just for how awesome vortex is.

Tesla is actually really goddamn strong right now. You can toss out dozens and just wreck everyone forever.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Improbable Lobster posted:

Tesla is actually really goddamn strong right now. You can toss out dozens and just wreck everyone forever.

Also if you arent throwing bounce on people who have stood still for more than 3 seconds you arent playing vauban correctly.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

bald and fail II posted:

Is there any clantech stuff worth building at rank 8?
Embolist is loving bonkers right now. Load up on maxed Lethal Torrent, Barrel Diffiusion, and Hornet strike. Then add fire, ice, and electric mods until you get a combo of blast and corrosive damage that breaks 5k combined. :unsmigghh:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

katkillad2 posted:

Teslas stick around for more than a minute and each one spits out okay damage. Slap a few onto a friendly Rhino and watch the numbers pile up. Bastille used to be phenomenal but now it has a target limit, making vortex overall a better choice for both point defense and an emergency breathing room button. Bounce is for throwing at your teammates when they're not expecting it.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
How do I get those technicolor hipster scarves?

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Store only, I believe.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Does this event seem more laggy than regular games? Especially the red dots on the minimap - half the time they're inaccurate.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Definitely more laggy for me in general. Dunno if it's the event or the update.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

I'm actually get worse performance with multithreaded rendering turned on since the update. Fixed itself when I turned it off.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

hooah posted:

Does this event seem more laggy than regular games? Especially the red dots on the minimap - half the time they're inaccurate.

The corpus allies seem to be showing up as red dots a lot of the time.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Kanos posted:

The corpus allies seem to be showing up as red dots a lot of the time.

And you can even scan them!

Seriously, scan them. The spawn room and one or two rooms are almost always blocked off from the rest of the level by elevator. Perfect time to scan whatever's in the room because they're practically standing still. Shield ospreys are a bitch to scan once they start moving.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

katkillad2 posted:

Anyone who is familiar with the Vauban warframe, is there any reason to use anything other than Vortex? It does a shitload of damage and seems to be better at controlling mobs than bastille.
I use Vauban when I want to somewhat participate in missions while scanning mobs, including ospreys.

I wonder if we should have scanning squads in the clan given that scans can help buff your damage against these enemies.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

Is the buff permanent or only within a level?

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

zgrowler2 posted:

Is the buff permanent or only within a level?

I think he meant that it helps you figure out what a given enemy is weak against in general, rather than actively buffing anything.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Where's the hot spot to get orokin cells these days? Rubedo? Void Keys? The warframe wiki seems to be a bunch of outdated hearsay and superstition.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Cowcaster posted:

Where's the hot spot to get orokin cells these days? Rubedo? Void Keys? The warframe wiki seems to be a bunch of outdated hearsay and superstition.

I've been having success running survival missions on Saturn. Staying for 20-25 minutes will get me one or two.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

hooah posted:

I think he meant that it helps you figure out what a given enemy is weak against in general, rather than actively buffing anything.

Steve mentioned in a live stream that fully scanning a mob would give you an increased crit chance against it, but he said in his twitter that they're still working on some ideas.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Is there any reward associated with running missions for this Corpus dude or are there just rewards for five missions and that's it?

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Pierson posted:

Is there any reward associated with running missions for this Corpus dude or are there just rewards for five missions and that's it?

Unlocking Alad V's bossfight faster.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

hooah posted:

They totally don't, though. The codex doesn't contain any information about what damage types are effective against an enemy.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Pierson posted:

It's my understanding after running 5 you qualify for the reward, but it's only paid out once the main mission bar hits 100%. So no additional rewards, but you'll get the one you earned that much quicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I was just wondering if this was a way to get that Corpus handcannon from the last event and I missed the announcement, but I guess not, what a shame. :(