Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Pierson posted:

I was just wondering if this was a way to get that Corpus handcannon from the last event and I missed the announcement, but I guess not, what a shame. :(

Even though the Brakk is way better in basically every way, I can't help but love the idea of a pistol that shoots pure radiation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2recsOFFIzI

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Pierson posted:

I was just wondering if this was a way to get that Corpus handcannon from the last event and I missed the announcement, but I guess not, what a shame. :(

IIRC they've said that all the event weapons and mods will eventually be available through normal play.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Detron and Prova Vandal will involved in the later stages of this event somehow though.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I made my first weapon from scratch! Makes me happy in the same way finding my first artifact in STALKER was.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

This game really does have some of the best bugs :allears:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Have there been any non-credit rewards for the event besides that Gallium one? I think I missed one of the levels.

amuayse posted:

I made my first weapon from scratch! Makes me happy in the same way finding my first artifact in STALKER was.

And if it was a bad weapon you'll even get the same experience of realizing that the STALKER artifact gives you radiation poisoning after you put it on!

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Have there been any non-credit rewards for the event besides that Gallium one? I think I missed one of the levels.

And if it was a bad weapon you'll even get the same experience of realizing that the STALKER artifact gives you radiation poisoning after you put it on!

Orokin Reactor!

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Catalyst Blueprint. Came up sometime after midnight (CST) on Friday, and was gone well before I got on to check at ten Saturday morning.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

How horrible is a Grakata? Is Forma worth anything? I got two as a login award.

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

If you check right now they're offering Orokin Cells on the latest stop.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

amuayse posted:

How horrible is a Grakata? Is Forma worth anything? I got two as a login award.

Grakata is kind of a bullet hose SMG type thing. Before this patch it was pretty bad, but now it might have a place as a status effect dispenser.

Formas are amazing. They let you add extra polarities to your gear.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Just to hop on the bandwagon, the new one that popped up is for 3 orokin cells.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

7c Nickel posted:

Note that you have to have the gear at level 30 first, and adding the Forma will drop its level all the way back down. Do it if you really like a weapon/frame and don't mind releveling it.

The other major use for Forma is as materials for building clan research weapons.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Always worth it to mention that adding a catalyst/reactor is an outright 30 point increase to your weapon/warframe's total mod capacity (at level 30), without having to level it up again. A single forma at its absolute best can net you maybe about 10 points, and on average more like 4-5.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

7c Nickel posted:

Grakata is kind of a bullet hose SMG type thing. Before this patch it was pretty bad, but now it might have a place as a status effect dispenser.

Doesn't seem too bad. Ammo is a problem. Reminds me of the Monkeygun from Timesplitters.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The Grakata's primary problem is that the Soma does exactly what the Grakata is good at(crit-fishing low damage bullet hose) better in basically every way.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
The Grakata seems to be a status effect gun, now.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Am I crazy or does the melee in this game feel very, uh... disconnected, I suppose is the best word? There seems to be no relation between where my weapon and the enemy are, and when damage is being dealt. Abilities too, at least if Slash Dash is any indicator. I'll ram directly into something and it seems to take zero damage.

Also, is there any way to size up UI elements short of running at lower resolution? I am in couch+TV mode and am also blind :smith:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Aw, Balls. Update 11 must have broken the Boltor. None of the guys I shoot stick anymore!

Man, that just takes the fun right out of it. (No it doesn't.)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Schubalts posted:

The Grakata seems to be a status effect gun, now.

I've finally decided to finish levelling mine and this is pretty true. It hurts that it still has bad damage but at least you're guaranteed to get frequent procs.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
I find using the Corrosive element is the closest I could get to pre-U11 Ignis and Flux Rifle damage, even against Infested. But since it's a proc, there are times when it took a long rear end time just to kill one. But more often they die almost as fast before. Weird how Infested is supposed to be more vulnerable to Heat but all Heat Ignis kills them much slower than Corrosive Ignis.

Iron Twinkie
Apr 20, 2001

BOOP

Watching this made me realize I would pay absurd amounts of platinum for sentinel voice packs.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
In the span of two games, I've had a revive cost me because a PUG wandered by me when the room was clear and go for the exit instead, saw another PUG get told that they can't melee that they whine a lot from another PUG, a hostage mission where it took almost half an hour to reach the hostage, get another hostage mission tacked on after the rescue, and then the mission break completely by the hostages not moving anywhere.

I miss it when Rescue missions were tolerable.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Any PS4 players up to farm a Mars defense with me tomorrow? Trying to get some Morphics together to make a Kunai.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

wid posted:

I find using the Corrosive element is the closest I could get to pre-U11 Ignis and Flux Rifle damage, even against Infested. But since it's a proc, there are times when it took a long rear end time just to kill one. But more often they die almost as fast before. Weird how Infested is supposed to be more vulnerable to Heat but all Heat Ignis kills them much slower than Corrosive Ignis.

Does corrosive make you do increased damage?

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Denzine posted:

Does corrosive make you do increased damage?

Any element or combination of elements will boost your damage overall. Corrosive allows you to do more damage through armour.

Hexas
Jun 6, 2004

~cant take my eyes off u~
I have 60+ hours in this stupid game and I have yet to see a single Serration mod drop. Is there any place that is particularly good for getting these to drop? Or is there a way that I can trade for one with a goon? Warframe name is same as my SA.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Kokoro Wish posted:

Any element or combination of elements will boost your damage overall. Corrosive allows you to do more damage through armour.

And much like pre-2.0, armor ignoring is still pretty much the best damage output against anything tough enough to not be chaff.

So close, yet so far, DE.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Ciaphas posted:

Am I crazy or does the melee in this game feel very, uh... disconnected, I suppose is the best word? There seems to be no relation between where my weapon and the enemy are, and when damage is being dealt. Abilities too, at least if Slash Dash is any indicator. I'll ram directly into something and it seems to take zero damage.
In between target limits and a large but worthless pool of longswords and melee-oriented mods that are frame mods instead, standard melee is... one of the things that needs a lot of work, to put it as nicely as I can. Damage 2.0 seems to have improved some things slightly, but the situation is still not ideal. If you're going to melee, go with heavies like Galatine for its fuckoff charge damage and 5 target hits, or silly weapons with outrageously fun effects like ragdolling. Otherwise run Helicopter Blades for mobility or leave melee weapons on your back for mastery while someone else nukes everything at Cyath.

There is a reason why I have a level 30 machete with 0 kills on it.

E: For an aspect of the game that's NOT so dire, we did devise an improvised gamemode!

While running some T1 Caps, I spammed a bunch of wormholes into the exit room door and announced "SOLVE MY MAZE TO SAVE YOUR FRIENDS".
At which point Vauban Bouncepads to my face were threatened. And followed up on!

Thus, Vauban dodgeball was born!

The team goes through the mission accomplishing objectives as normal, but the target evades Vaubans (and Vauban-allied Lokis) who are trying to plaster them with as many bounce pads as humanly possible.
Strategies as the target: DZoren, Wormhole, skipping enemies for Vaubans to fight through, setting off traps for Vaubans to deal with, taking down the Capture Target but leaving him behind for the Vaubans to pick up.

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 24, 2013

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Hexas posted:

I have 60+ hours in this stupid game and I have yet to see a single Serration mod drop. Is there any place that is particularly good for getting these to drop? Or is there a way that I can trade for one with a goon? Warframe name is same as my SA.
They drop from Grineer Scorpions, so anywhere with a bunch of those I guess. You can also just ask in clan chat, I'm sure some folks have extras. I know I do.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

E: For an aspect of the game that's NOT so dire, we did devise an improvised gamemode!

While running some T1 Caps, I spammed a bunch of wormholes into the exit room door and announced "SOLVE MY MAZE TO SAVE YOUR FRIENDS".
At which point Vauban Bouncepads to my face were threatened. And followed up on!

The team goes through the mission accomplishing objectives as normal, but the target evades Vaubans (and Vauban-allied Lokis) who are trying to plaster them with as many bounce pads as humanly possible.
Strategies as the target: DZoren, Wormhole, skipping enemies for Vaubans to fight through, setting off traps for Vaubans to deal with, taking down the Capture Target but leaving him behind for the Vaubans to pick up.

I forgot to equip my zorens which explains why I could never keep up. But next time...Pink Vauban evolves.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Nov 24, 2013

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Fish Noise posted:

In between target limits and a large but worthless pool of longswords and melee-oriented mods that are frame mods instead, standard melee is... one of the things that needs a lot of work, to put it as nicely as I can. Damage 2.0 seems to have improved some things slightly, but the situation is still not ideal. If you're going to melee, go with heavies like Galatine for its fuckoff charge damage and 5 target hits, or silly weapons with outrageously fun effects like ragdolling. Otherwise run Helicopter Blades for mobility or leave melee weapons on your back for mastery while someone else nukes everything at Cyath.

There is a reason why I have a level 30 machete with 0 kills on it.

Most of the words in this post just went right over my four hour newbie head. :saddowns:

I guess the takeaway is "melee mostly sucks except for dodgeball gimmickry" though, so :(

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

Most of the words in this post just went right over my four hour newbie head. :saddowns:

I guess the takeaway is "melee mostly sucks except for dodgeball gimmickry" though, so :(

The only melee that really works is charge attack spamming with the big ultraheavies like the Scindo, Furax, Hate, Gram, Orthos, or the big poppa of them all, the Galatine. Normal melee attack spam can be made decent with certain weapons like the Twin Ichors, but is not worth the time, effort, or risk compared to just shoot man with gun. Even when you make your normal melee decent, it still won't kill very high level enemies at all expediently and you run a huge risk of getting your face ripped off in the process.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Kokoro Wish posted:

He said it's doing more damage to Infested, which mostly don't have armor, than straight up Fire damage, which they are weak against. I'm asking if Corrosive lets you do more damage to unarmored enemies as well as unarmored ones, if the proc can be considered a generic damage modifier. I guess it wasn't as clear as I thought.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

Denzine posted:

He said it's doing more damage to Infested, which mostly don't have armor, than straight up Fire damage, which they are weak against. I'm asking if Corrosive lets you do more damage to unarmored enemies as well as unarmored ones, if the proc can be considered a generic damage modifier. I guess it wasn't as clear as I thought.

Corrosive is a combination of fire and toxin, which does more damage than just fire alone, like every combined element as far as I'm aware after tinkering with mods on my own Ignis.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Nov 24, 2013

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Denzine posted:

Leapers are actually armored now, as are some ancients(mostly higher level ones, from what I've seen). Anything with a yellow HP bar counts as "armored".

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Yeah okay so I grabbed my Dera and plopped corrosive on it, the proc doesn't change the damage at all. Although the first time around I was getting strange variance in the damage dealt, guess I was just seeing things. Also tested with additional elemental mods, no extra damage after a corrosive proc. oh well.

Also, Ogris doesn't proc. Anything. At all. Even if you hit them with the rocket.

edit: Frost's attack powers are actually useful now, although Avalanch is a little buggy with Fleeting Expertise. Max range Avalanch hits a respectable area and, more importantly, has some pretty effective CC going for it. Also you get a few seconds to run around and shoot your frozen statues in the brains.

Denzine fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Nov 24, 2013

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Has anyone else lost the little red + on the minimap when a squadmate goes down? I was doing a survival run on Saturn yesterday hoping for a Cell or two, and when I got the message that someone went down, I had to swivel around, looking for their bleed-out bar to actually find them.

Also, have the Grineer Bombards' missiles always been homing?

Edit:
Also, had the Stalker target a squadmate in one of the event missions last night. Holy poo poo, the rear end in a top hat took everyone down before he left. He was going through my Iron Skin as fast as I could cast it.

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

hooah posted:

Has anyone else lost the little red + on the minimap when a squadmate goes down? I was doing a survival run on Saturn yesterday hoping for a Cell or two, and when I got the message that someone went down, I had to swivel around, looking for their bleed-out bar to actually find them.

Also, have the Grineer Bombards' missiles always been homing?

Edit:
Also, had the Stalker target a squadmate in one of the event missions last night. Holy poo poo, the rear end in a top hat took everyone down before he left. He was going through my Iron Skin as fast as I could cast it.
Yeah I have to look around wildly to find them and by then they're dead. The glitch was there since last month, I think. Also the glitch where if someone dies and they get revived they permanently stay as the red cross on the minimap.

gently caress yeah the Stalker is insanely hard now, I could always barely just take him even with a level 20ish or so frame, but he basically one shotted my Nekros this time.

Also I think the rewards for Survival T2 Void was broken, we got Mag Prime Helmet, Chassis, and Systems and a Forma within the same 30 minute run what the hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Experienced the desync bug you guys were talking about for the first time today. It really is quite spectacular when it happens!

Are all Warframe instances hosted peer-to-peer?