Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Is there any way to trade materials or weapons between players? If so, does it require something in the clan dojo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Chomp8645 posted:

Is there any way to trade materials or weapons between players? If so, does it require something in the clan dojo?

There is not. Platinum, mods and keys only.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Is there any reason to hang onto a vanilla snipetron if I've drained the mastery out of it and have a snipetron vandal? Ditto any of the weapons versus their prime counterparts?

edit: Double ditto any of the warframes and their prime counterparts?

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 25, 2013

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

So with damage 2.0, is Mire a decent weapon? Turns out my character just has a Scindo and Furax and I'm not too hot on either, was thinking about getting a Mire or a dual heat sword set.

Nope. There's nothing special about Mire anymore, despite what the description says. It's just another longsword now.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Cowcaster posted:

Is there any reason to hang onto a vanilla snipetron if I've drained the mastery out of it and have a snipetron vandal? Ditto any of the weapons versus their prime counterparts?

Well, you can't get another one anymore, so if the thing has any collector's value to you, you might want to keep it. The prime weapons generally have better numbers, but not nessissarily.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Cowcaster posted:

Exclusivity in the case of Snipetron Classic. It's not available anymore, same with the regular Boar.

Since you're even asking this, I assume you're not going in for insane collecting. Anything where the Prime is a straight upgrade over the regular, you may as well sell the regular when you're done with it. Consider holding on to them if they behave in a distinctly different manner, can be used to build order things (Lato -> Bolto, Bronco -> Dual Bronco), or if you've invested starch and puzzle pieces.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Wow, didn't even cross my mind they would've discontinued non-event weapons. Guess I'll hang onto it for now since I'm not really hard up for weapon slots yet.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Snipetron got pulled because it's a Corpus weapon, but fires bullets, and that doesn't fit with the Corpus.
Well, that's DE's story, anyways. When Snipetron got pulled, it was replaced by the Vulkar for the Grineer, and the Lanka - which looks identical to the Snipetron - for the Corpus.

More recently, Ether Daggers, Boar, and Gorgon have been pulled from the store, but Gorgon BPs are still in the login reward table and Heavy Gunners still use them. They gave a pretty generous warning period before they pulled these three, probably because the Snipetron's sudden disappearance riled up some people.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Guess that makes my gorgon a collector's item too! Did they give a reason for pulling that one? It seems sufficiently grineer-y.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

Guess that makes my gorgon a collector's item too! Did they give a reason for pulling that one? It seems sufficiently grineer-y.

Mostly because the Soma exists.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Also when they moved warframe component blueprints to boss rewards, did they make it prioritize blueprints you don't already have? 5 boss runs and I got the two rhino pieces I needed and all 3 saryn pieces I needed and my eyes are bleeding right now.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Cowcaster posted:

Also when they moved warframe component blueprints to boss rewards, did they make it prioritize blueprints you don't already have? 5 boss runs and I got the two rhino pieces I needed and all 3 saryn pieces I needed and my eyes are bleeding right now.

I think you just got lucky. I got multiple rhino chassis and helmets before I got the systems.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Feindfeuer posted:

Anyone checked the Codex entry for Excalibur yet? That's more background info on the setting than we got in a long time and it's all hidden behind one, single entry that probably most people don't bother to look up, as it's just a standard starter warframe.

The Sentients had won. They had turned our weapons, our technology, against us. The more advanced we became, the greater our losses. The war was over, unless we found a new way. In our desperation we turned to the Void. The Blinding night, the hellspace where our science and reason failed.

We took the twisted few that had returned from that place. We build a frame around them, a conduit for their affliction. Gave them the weapons of the old ways. Gun and blade. A new warrior, a new code was born. These rejects, these Tenno, became our savior. Warrior Gods cast in steel and fury, striking our enemies in a way they could never comprehend.

Excalibur was the first.

-Orokin 'Warframe' Archives

At least I've not seen/read that before.

So Warframes are chaos marines, twisted by some other universe; a warp if you will. And we are being sent by some force to destroy a stagnant empire that uses cloned troops to enforce its will on the galaxy. Sounds original.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

It's even more bizarre in motion

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Hal_2005 posted:

So Warframes are chaos marines, twisted by some other universe; a warp if you will. And we are being sent by some force to destroy a stagnant empire that uses cloned troops to enforce its will on the galaxy. Sounds original.

Well, the entire empire is composed of horrifically degenerated clones. Different, see!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Well I jumped into what I guess is the first mission after doing the tutorial and it was basically 'kill dudes, go!' - I think I spent half the time on that map chasing some loki dude's decoys. Might just be the art style or the fuzzy blur effect or something but I found the enemy dudes really hard to pick out from the surrounding level.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

WarLocke posted:

Well I jumped into what I guess is the first mission after doing the tutorial and it was basically 'kill dudes, go!' - I think I spent half the time on that map chasing some loki dude's decoys. Might just be the art style or the fuzzy blur effect or something but I found the enemy dudes really hard to pick out from the surrounding level.

I just started this as well. I had to turn motion blur off pretty much immediately, it's headache inducing.

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg
Turn off motion blur and color correction.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

So, in addition to attaining apotheosis, we see to have broken the dueling room and created a Crisis Across Infinite Dojos situation, inexplicably creating Dojo instances where everyone sees the fish spin. In addition to Dojo Prime, the tels-Lavan and Gestalt-Meckell realities appear to be semi-stable.

Research into breaching between these parallel dojos via fish portals is currently underway.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

Turn off motion blur and color correction.

Also bloom.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Fish Noise posted:

So, in addition to attaining apotheosis, we see to have broken the dueling room and created a Crisis Across Infinite Dojos situation, inexplicably creating Dojo instances where everyone sees the fish spin. In addition to Dojo Prime, the tels-Lavan and Gestalt-Meckell realities appear to be semi-stable.

Research into breaching between these parallel dojos via fish portals is currently underway.

guys I've seen things

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

Fish Noise posted:

The Lotus is a lie. The Rotofish has shown me our folly. Join me and the Rotofish.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Gestalt Intellect posted:

guys I've seen things

I must see this through mortal eyes :justpost:

edit: nothing will ever beat what just happened but here's some more dumb stuff.

cuntman.net fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Nov 25, 2013

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Will there be space ninja pajama parties in update12? Only time will tell.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.
New tileset's up and it's really drat nice.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

asterioth posted:

New tileset's up and it's really drat nice.

New tileset's been up since we cleared the first invasion. :shh:

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

The last Jupiter mission, Themisto is under invasion now. Reward is Catalyst bp so hurry fast before the pubbies grind the hell out of it to get their potato faster.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

Gestalt Intellect posted:

guys I've seen things
So we may have developed a method to ascend en-masse.

Azzanadra posted:

The Lotus is a lie. The Rotofish has shown me our folly. Join me and the Rotofish.
Advanced meditative techniques

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Can someone explain the level ranges on each mission node and how they relate to your account/character? Is it the level range of mobs on that mission? Is it the recommended Mastery level for that content? Is it the recommended level of your Warframe/weapons/whatever? It's kind of confusing.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's the level range of the enemies. Since enemy levels were recently changed, nobody is quite sure what that means right now though.

Also I recommend everyone stay out of the dojo right now. It's getting a little unsettling in there

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Nov 25, 2013

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
I have applied for goonclansmanship based around these fish screenshots. Don't disappoint me fish!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
You must prove yourself worthy for the Rotofish to reveal itself to you.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI
I'm am now convinced ps4 goon clan needs fish. Tonight we will have fish.

So I'll level up my spanking new Rhino and Boltor while farming for fish. I like goals.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
So if I'm reading correctly, the armor penetration mods are mostly useless now? That was a lot of wasted money and fusion mods if so :smith:.

Are there any other mods I should avoid upgrading? Might be a stupid question, but I can't go wrong leveling up the +shield, +health, +%shield mods right?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
+Shield is good, but +health isn't as useful. Getting it up a few levels might be handy for when you're levelling a frame from the lower bits, but I wouldn't pour a bunch of mods into +health after that. Generally, you'll want most of your frame slots to go to powers and mods that boost powers (+Rush if you're one of the slower frames).

Piell fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 25, 2013

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

katkillad2 posted:

So if I'm reading correctly, the armor penetration mods are mostly useless now? That was a lot of wasted money and fusion mods if so :smith:.
Not so much useless, but they're now much more niche. They would only be any good on a weapon that does most or entirely piercing damage base.

Keep in mind that although the physical damage (impact, piercing, slash) mods look weaker than the same elemental mods, that the base damage the elemental mods calculate from is after the application of the physical damage mods.

Say you had a gun doing 100 piercing base damage. Piercing mod makes that 160, but hey, a maxed fire mod means you do 190 (100 piercing, 90 fire). However, when you have two mods, you could either a) slot another elemental mod (say ice) and make it 280 (100 piercing, 180 blast) - or you can slot piercing, and get 304 (160 piercing, 144 fire).

The formula gets more favorable the more mod slots you're using. That being said, most weapons seem to have a mix of all three physical damage types, with very few loaded 80-90% in a single type like you would need to make the above really work. There are still a few, but rather than the piercing mod in the above case, I would rather slot something like Heavy Caliber for most guns as it buffs all three physical damage types.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Just to confirm something because I'm not quite clear on it, when you slot an elemental mod, you're going to be doing that damage each shot/burst/swing in addition to whatever physical damage, correct?

And the status chance is specifically for the special effects granted by the elemental mods?

VVVedit: Oops. Forgot the physical damage types had status effects too.

Though I guess the slashing effect explains why I occasionally tick small bits of health through my shield with no obvious indicators of what's causing it.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Nov 25, 2013

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Just to confirm something because I'm not quite clear on it, when you slot an elemental mod, you're going to be doing that damage each shot/burst/swing in addition to whatever physical damage, correct?

And the status chance is specifically for the special effects granted by the elemental mods?

No. All damage types have a status effect, and it seems to pick which effect to apply somewhat randomly. (It only applies 1 effect per proc.)

Impact: Knockback
Puncture: Weakened (reduced damage output)
Slash: Bleed (health reduced over time, healing blocked)

Fire: Ignited (fire damage over time)
Freeze: Slowdown
Electrical: Chain Electricity Damage
Poison: Poison DoT to health

Blast (fire+freeze): Knockdown
Radiation (fire+electrical): Confusion (Attacks and draws aggro from nearest enemy)
Gas (fire+poison): Toxin AOE
Magnetic (freeze+electrical): Penalty to max shields
Viral(freeze+poison): Penalty to max health
Corrosive (electric+poison): Penalty to armor

[courtesy of doorframe wiki]

edit: I'm pretty sure they also hosed up the maths on the status proc mods. I mean, why else would you have a mod that only adds 15% of your (already absurdly tiny) status proc chance instead of just adding 15% to the chance? Unless it's X% chance per proc per shot.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Nov 25, 2013

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Yes, so you will be doing x physical damage in addition to y elemental damage. The status chance actually applies to every damage type you're doing, and the physical damage types have special effects that can proc too. You may have seen random hammers and poo poo mixed in with your damage numbers, those are special effect procs.

The effect chance, as far as I know, applies to all damage types that weapon does - e.g. my Brakk does 300-ish of each physical type, then 2100 blast, then 750 electric. I've seen it proc all six special effects, but I haven't mathed out if any one is less or more common. The electric one is kind of hard to spot sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

My friends started playing last night(one picking up the game again, another was new to the game) so I took them to a tier 1 Tower Defense with my Max rank Soma and Saryn. They were pretty amused by all the dudes melting due to Miasma, and how goddamn particle effects there are in this game.