Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Wales Grey posted:

No. All damage types have a status effect, and it seems to pick which effect to apply somewhat randomly. (It only applies 1 effect per proc.)

Impact: Knockback
Puncture: Weakened (reduced damage output)
Slash: Bleed (health reduced over time, healing blocked)

Fire: Ignited (fire damage over time)
Freeze: Slowdown
Electrical: Chain Electricity Damage
Poison: Poison DoT to health

Blast (fire+freeze): Knockdown
Radiation (fire+electrical): Confusion (Attacks and draws aggro from nearest enemy)
Gas (fire+poison): Toxin AOE
Magnetic (freeze+electrical): Penalty to max shields
Viral(freeze+poison): Penalty to max health
Corrosive (electric+poison): Penalty to armor

[courtesy of doorframe wiki]

edit: I'm pretty sure they also hosed up the maths on the status proc mods. I mean, why else would you have a mod that only adds 15% of your (already absurdly tiny) status proc chance instead of just adding 15% to the chance? Unless it's X% chance per proc per shot.

Why have armor boosting mods that add an absurdly tiny amount of armor for like half the frames in the game? The proc chance percentage increase mod is working as intended, it's supposed to be a percentage of the base proc rate.

Edit: And crit chance mods work the exact same way.

Piell fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Nov 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I just picked this game up again, and I made it to the first boss. Is there a trick to beating him? He ended up invincible after a little while. The wiki says it's a bug, but I have no idea if I'm just terrible and missing something obvious.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Where is the goddamn PS4 version of U11? :argh:

Hopefully it's taking so long because they're doing some more optimization on the game. Some missions can get super framey after a bunch of enemies show up.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Crowbear posted:

Where is the goddamn PS4 version of U11? :argh:

Hopefully it's taking so long because they're doing some more optimization on the game. Some missions can get super framey after a bunch of enemies show up.

Yeah those tower missions certainly become slideshows after a bit.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

PrinnySquadron posted:

My friends started playing last night(one picking up the game again, another was new to the game) so I took them to a tier 1 Tower Defense with my Max rank Soma and Saryn. They were pretty amused by all the dudes melting due to Miasma, and how goddamn particle effects there are in this game.

Yeah, I just started playing last night, and I'm still trying to get used to the pace of this game. I'm usually more deliberate in shooters, not gogogo dash through these guys while shooting GO!

Doesnt help that Grineer dudes really blend into the background of all the first few maps and there's no minimap pings for them. Also Mags' Pull is neat but it seems like guys hardly drop blue orbs so I can use it.

Still, pretty fun. Hopefully this is just me having to acclimatize. Do we have a mumble server or anything? The chat function is horrible. :negative:

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So I've started construction on the individual Ash parts and will start building ash itself when I get home. I'm going full on retard and I've decided when I get the new Ash frame I'm going to have a brand new set of level 1 weapons to go with it. I've settled on the revolver for my secondary, but still haven't decided on what I want to do for the primary and melee weapon. I already had an Amphis and Boltor pattern from the last stint of time that I played, but I don't know if I want to do a non-hitscan primary and I've heard absolutely nothing about the Amphis. I've already got a Boar and a Sturm and a Burstron floating around for primary weapons. Anyone have any suggestions for what to build that a Mastery level 2 person can equip?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

DeathSandwich posted:

So I've started construction on the individual Ash parts and will start building ash itself when I get home. I'm going full on retard and I've decided when I get the new Ash frame I'm going to have a brand new set of level 1 weapons to go with it. I've settled on the revolver for my secondary, but still haven't decided on what I want to do for the primary and melee weapon. I already had an Amphis and Boltor pattern from the last stint of time that I played, but I don't know if I want to do a non-hitscan primary and I've heard absolutely nothing about the Amphis. I've already got a Boar and a Sturm and a Burstron floating around for primary weapons. Anyone have any suggestions for what to build that a Mastery level 2 person can equip?

Don't be an idiot. Bring at least one good weapon.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, you should bring a good primary weapon until your warframe levels up a few times so that you can start using abilities to supplement your weapons.

Starting over with everything unranked is a bad idea, it gimps you and actually slows down the rate at which you'll level up, because you'll mostly be relying on other people to do the killing for you.

Also, If you keep a good weapon then you won't have to stick to Mercury areas.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe
Has anyone else had connection issues since shortly before U11? After never having firewall problems in 200+ hours of play, now I sometimes cannot connect to any squad, and have to play alone. Sometimes it works, however, so I am kinda at a loss for what could be wrong.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Not that I'm an expert, but I feel like the best way to gain mastery is to always be leveling something, but never be leveling everything. The first time you come up against Stalker with level 5 equipment across the board is when you know you've messed up.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Mogomra posted:

I just picked this game up again, and I made it to the first boss. Is there a trick to beating him? He ended up invincible after a little while. The wiki says it's a bug, but I have no idea if I'm just terrible and missing something obvious.

He is just bugged. The only time he is invincible is when the yellow sphere is around him. 3 times in a row he bugged out and went perma invincible except against sentinals. It is kind of dumb they have not fixed it.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Chubbs posted:

Yeah, you should bring a good primary weapon until your warframe levels up a few times so that you can start using abilities to supplement your weapons.

Starting over with everything unranked is a bad idea, it gimps you and actually slows down the rate at which you'll level up, because you'll mostly be relying on other people to do the killing for you.

Also, If you keep a good weapon then you won't have to stick to Mercury areas.

Fine, I guess I'll do it the logical sane way and not the funhaver all level 1 pluto way :sigh:.

I'll do level 1 Ash and a level 1 melee weapon (since I hardly use melee) and pair it up with my near 30 Burstron and Lex. Once I get the former two up past 12-15 or so I'll swap in one of the new guns etc. Still pretty sold on swapping in a revolver, ranking it up some for mastery, then upgrading it to dual revolvers.

Less so sold on any particular primary weapon. Burstron works fine, but its just about level 30 and I want to start leveling something else, and I'm not real hot on either the Boar or the Sturm shotguns (it doesn't help that I can't get poo poo for drops on shotgun mods). Already have a rank 30 Braton so going back to that does me no good. I did get a thunderbolt mod to drop last night, I could build a Paris and play around with that. By the time both Ash, Amphis, and the revolver are decently leveled I should be Mastery level 3 and could also try the Vectis. I've also got a Boltor pattern I've had since the last stint I've played, but from what I gather on the Wiki, it's not terribly great.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Dez Orwell posted:

Not that I'm an expert, but I feel like the best way to gain mastery is to always be leveling something, but never be leveling everything. The first time you come up against Stalker with level 5 equipment across the board is when you know you've messed up.
From what I remember...

When you kill something, the XP is split 50/50 between your frame and what you did the killing with.
You get a kill worth 400 with a weapon, 200 goes to that weapon, 200 goes to your frame.
You get a kill worth 400 with a frame power, all 400 goes to your frame.

When someone else kills something, you get a duplicate (NOT a split) of their XP, split evenly 25/25/25/25 between your stuff.

I may not be remembering everything exactly right and it probably gets messier with sentinels involved, but you get the basic idea.

So if you want to be mostly self reliant, you can run with a low level weapon and frame and use that weapon for the most part, but have a higher level weapon on hand for... emergencies.
If you're teamed up with other people, ESPECIALLY if one of them is power-spamming and can nuke everything on their own, you can get away with low level everything. I do recommend letting people know ahead of time that you'll be sticking to their rear end to leech XP, though.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Mastery 2? Sounds like the perfect time to build some Dual Zorens! For the primary, I dunno, Paris maybe?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Coldbird posted:

Keep in mind that although the physical damage (impact, piercing, slash) mods look weaker than the same elemental mods, that the base damage the elemental mods calculate from is after the application of the physical damage mods.

"elemental" damage mods like Piercing Hit(+Piercing), Hellfire(+fire), and so on are calculated separately from each other. The only thing that will increase elemental damage is +basedamage mods like Serration, Hornet Strike, faction damage and such.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

DeathSandwich posted:

I've also got a Boltor pattern I've had since the last stint I've played, but from what I gather on the Wiki, it's not terribly great.

I liked the Boltor but I haven't played it since U11. It's not the best rifle but it fills the gap after you get your Braton to 30.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I just built the Boltor and it seems pretty fun. I don't have any elemental mods yet, and Serration is only at 30% I think, but I can still kill plenty of mans where I am now (Mars/Jupiter/Saturn) without any real issue. It seems less good against Corpus guys because it's not strong against shields, being mostly puncture damage, but I imagine getting some elements will change that (or have a secondary with Mag damage or something?).

Going from what was said earlier though, it might actually make the +puncture damage mod worthwhile, since it's like 80-90% skewed that way.

Edit: Also it's got the best sounds when you shoot things, you get some really chunky "giant metal bolt hitting flesh" sounds that are fantastic.

Slab Squatthrust fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 25, 2013

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Piell posted:

Why have armor boosting mods that add an absurdly tiny amount of armor for like half the frames in the game? The proc chance percentage increase mod is working as intended, it's supposed to be a percentage of the base proc rate.

Edit: And crit chance mods work the exact same way.

Even for frames with 150 or 200 base armor, Steel Fiber is a poo poo mod that basically adds no survivability anyway. It's one of the reasons why Valkyr can't tank at all outside Hysteria despite having 200 armor. (because armor is a joke of a stat and any viable tanking is done through abilities or shield stacking) :ssh:

Kanos fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Nov 25, 2013

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Those 50 shields, man. 50 shields. There are even posts on the forum saying that Valkyr is better as a sniper than a close-midrange unit, because of her tiny shields and the Ripline's mobility.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Helter Skelter posted:

Mastery 2? Sounds like the perfect time to build some Dual Zorens! For the primary, I dunno, Paris maybe?

Actually probably going to do Amphis since I've already got the pattern and the Zorens don't look all that good. Either way I get to be a unique snowflake because I never see those weapons being used.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Kanos posted:

Even for frames with 150 or 200 base armor, Steel Fiber is a poo poo mod that basically adds no survivability anyway. It's one of the reasons why Valkyr can't tank at all outside Hysteria despite having 200 armor. (because armor is a joke of a stat and any viable tanking is done through abilities or shield stacking) :ssh:

Honestly I'm not sure if DE even understands their game sometimes.

Valkyr's health-tanking ways would make total sense if it was like, say, Space Marine and you recovered health via melee executions (at which point Valkyr could very effectively tank) but as it stands it's just "Man What".

I think they kind of hosed the armor curve for Warframes as well, because they reduced the amount of mitigation armor gave overall but completely failed to increase the armor values of Warframes to account for that.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0AlWVt6vp3-YWdFh0dS1YNUxjRXRENnBJa1dqQ1pXVXc&usp=sharing

Basically, Rhino should be running something like 400 armor in Damage 2.0, and Excalibur should be around 150. This would imply that Valkyr should be running 600+ Armor. Even the light Warframes like Nyx and whatnot should be running 30 armor.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Schubalts posted:

Those 50 shields, man. 50 shields. There are even posts on the forum saying that Valkyr is better as a sniper than a close-midrange unit, because of her tiny shields and the Ripline's mobility.

Maybe if hulkhand kills restored health she'd be able to actually kinda be the berserker she's supposed to be.

edit: Oh, God. I had no idea they nerfed armor to 35% effectiveness. Why didn't they just reduce enemy armor values instead of slapping a multiplier on the formula?

Male Man fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Nov 25, 2013

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Actually probably going to do Amphis since I've already got the pattern and the Zorens don't look all that good. Either way I get to be a unique snowflake because I never see those weapons being used.

You don't hit things with the zorens, you use them to defy physics and laugh at the world.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

If you're playing on PS4 Amphis might be kinda fun for now, but U11 currently has removed all the gimmicks of melee weapons like the Amphis. Until they get around to fixing it, Galatine and Zorens (and maybe Orthos Prime?) are basically the only things worth using for anything except mastery fodder.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Male Man posted:

edit: Oh, God. I had no idea they nerfed armor to 35% effectiveness. Why didn't they just reduce enemy armor values instead of slapping a multiplier on the formula?

I have no idea.

Anyways, I made a thread which needs upvoting about it:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137700-guys-can-we-get-an-armor-fix-yet/#entry1641287

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
Couple more questions for you more experienced guys:

1) What other boss is that Lephantis thing equivalent to, difficulty wise? Nekros seems... interesting and I was wondering at what point I could farm him up.

2) Is there some trick to farming Survival missions? We got a group together to try and get some mods out of E Gate yesterday and we consistently ran out of life support at ~15 minutes, even though we were having no trouble with the enemies there. Is there something we're missing?

Crowbear fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Nov 25, 2013

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

It's been an absolute pain trying to play with Nekros recently. Before I always built for health, as his shields are an absolute joke, even with a damned maxed rank redirection. But with the new bleeding proc effects, there are so many damage types that just seem to completely ignore the small shield buffer I have. I used to be able to solo Phobos survival. Between the rockets, exploding jetpacks, and the sawblades, all of which just completely DESTROY your health now, I can't make it past 10 minutes.

Christ the drat bleeding proc from the Eviscerators drains close to 25 health per tick. Even with Desecrate (not that it will do you any good while you're bleeding, cause healing is blocked), you just can't loving keep up with that.

I can't even imagine having to deal with 50 shields.

MJ12 posted:

I have no idea.

Anyways, I made a thread which needs upvoting about it:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/137700-guys-can-we-get-an-armor-fix-yet/#entry1641287

I pm'ed the thread to Rebecca and Scott. Rebecca said she'll make sure it gets looked at.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Nov 25, 2013

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Time to make really really good friends with a Trinity?

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Crowbear posted:

2) Is there some trick to farming Survival missions? We got a group together to try and get some mods out of E Gate yesterday and we consistently ran out of life support at ~15 minutes, even though we were having no trouble with the enemies there. Is there something we're missing?

You need enough enemies to spawn to keep the flow of dropped life support going, which means gaming the spawn system. It's complicated, but one seemingly effective tactic is to find a nice big room with a lot of doors and try to keep yourself positioned so that you're nearby, but not quite "camping" those doors.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
I don't get why armor matters. Nothing hurts after damage 2.0. And everything dies. Even level 50 guys die in a single soma shot now.

I was surprised they didn't fix warframe armor to be a relevant stat. It stands out as one of the things in the game that has always been relatively useless.

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless

DeathSandwich posted:

Actually probably going to do Amphis since I've already got the pattern and the Zorens don't look all that good.
Nonsense. Zorens are amazing. That being said, if you are hitting things with zorens, you are doing it wrong.

To spoil it, you use Zorens due to a bug feature where using melee during an air slide launches your guy forward at hilarious speed, aka "zorencopter". It's been in the game for months and DE hasn't done anything about it.

You can do it with unranked zorens, but for best results, slot a maxed Fury mod. Also, please don't be the pubbie that copters near the windows on a spaceship. The main logic here is that melee in this game is basically always useless anyway, so you might as well use the melee slot for added mobility.

Coldbird fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Nov 25, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Khorne posted:

I don't get why armor matters. Nothing hurts after damage 2.0. And everything dies. Even level 50 guys die in a single soma shot now.

I was surprised they didn't fix warframe armor to be a relevant stat. It stands out as one of the things in the game that has always been relatively useless.

The Soma's the key in this situation. Critical damage on weakpoints gets a huge boost now.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Coldbird posted:

Nonsense. Zorens are amazing. That being said, if you are hitting things with zorens, you are doing it wrong.

To spoil it, you use Zorens due to a bug feature where using melee during an air slide launches your guy forward at hilarious speed, aka "zorencopter". It's been in the game for months and DE hasn't done anything about it.

You can do it with unranked zorens, but for best results, slot a maxed Fury mod. Also, please don't be the pubbie that copters near the windows on a spaceship. The main logic here is that melee in this game is basically always useless anyway, so you might as well use the melee slot for added mobility.

This post makes me happy that my Zorens finished building last night. Time to take them out for a...spin.
:dealwithit:

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Still get one shot by the Stalker in a rank 30 Saryn :negative: I don't even know what happens: I have the +Health and Shield mods in but he just oneshots me anyway.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Alad V has been unlocked.

He's a little bitch. Died in maybe fifteen seconds from a pubbie squad.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

PrinnySquadron posted:

Still get one shot by the Stalker in a rank 30 Saryn :negative: I don't even know what happens: I have the +Health and Shield mods in but he just oneshots me anyway.

He deals stupid amounts of damage and has stupid amounts of shields, health, and armor. That is all. He can one-shot RHINOS.

e: Hotfix 11.0.6

Schubalts fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Nov 25, 2013

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Male Man posted:

Maybe if hulkhand kills restored health she'd be able to actually kinda be the berserker she's supposed to be.

I see two ways they could go with Valkyr in keeping her identity as The Melee Frame, because she definitely needs some work, and I still suspect that she was designed by someone who doesn't actually play the game.

1) Pretty much declare that Valkyr exists solely for Hulk hands, make no real changes to anything about it or her other skills, and clean up some bugs with ripline (for example the fact that it will not activate 70% of the time). Being completely invincible and really powerful during Hulk hands makes it a good skill for people who really, really want to melee, even if it's still worse than stomp/pull/mprime.

2) Remove the invincibility from Hulk hands, but redesign basically 50+% of her skill set to give her a way to restore her health so that she can actually health tank, make her buff at all useful, fix ripline bugs, and make her aoe stun actually useful.

Either way, they need to remove that horrible red filter that activates whenever you go into Hulk hands, and I'd like to see them flesh it out more with like a slash-dash-esque charge attack and/or tying ripline to the normal fire button for a greatly reduced cost. And fix ripline bugs and make its targeting a little more generous for pulling other things instead of pulling you. You know, when it wants to fire at all.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Schubalts posted:

He deals stupid amounts of damage and has stupid amounts of shields, health, and armor. That is all. He can one-shot RHINOS.

e: Hotfix 11.0.6
It was kind of cool ignising tons of dead infested and hearing the screams of the damned. I wonder if anyone made a video of it.

If the person being attacked by stalker doesn't die he goes down pretty quick. I've killed new him a few times, but I've also had him instagib the guy he is going after and peace out or kill everyone. The funniest time was probably a bunch of pubbies standing right next to a stalker who was casting absorb and blowing all their shots into it.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Khorne posted:

It was kind of cool ignising tons of dead infested and hearing the screams of the damned. I wonder if anyone made a video of it.

If the person being attacked by stalker doesn't die he goes down pretty quick. I've killed new him a few times, but I've also had him instagib the guy he is going after and peace out or kill everyone. The funniest time was probably a bunch of pubbies standing right next to a stalker who was casting absorb and blowing all their shots into it.

Stalker has absorb now? What a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Khorne posted:

What mods do you have on your Soma? I'd been re-leveling my Ignis after a forma, but I did try out the Soma for a round or two and it didn't seem nearly as good as it was before.