Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Every time I go back to replay the game (who am I kidding, I haven't given up on I Am The Night at all!) I still anticipate/enjoy the Deathstroke fight the most. Something about it just clicks for me, especially when it's a fairly even back and forth fight but ESPECIALLY when I utterly dominate him and block every single move he makes. I just don't get tired of seeing him go from,"Earning this 50 million is gonna be easy :smug:" to,"WHAT ARE YOU!?! :gonk:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jerusalem posted:

Every time I go back to replay the game (who am I kidding, I haven't given up on I Am The Night at all!) I still anticipate/enjoy the Deathstroke fight the most. Something about it just clicks for me, especially when it's a fairly even back and forth fight but ESPECIALLY when I utterly dominate him and block every single move he makes. I just don't get tired of seeing him go from,"Earning this 50 million is gonna be easy :smug:" to,"WHAT ARE YOU!?! :gonk:"

In terms of comic book nerd, I did really love it and the Shiva fight. They kept it at just about the right playing field, as Slade, Shiva, and Bats are all up there as the best hand to hand combatants in the DCU.

It's also pretty satisfying just from button mashing as well.

smuh posted:

Also man does it suck how few predator rooms there are in this game. Asylum had pretty much a perfect balance between punch-time and sitting on gargoyles but the games have really gotten progressively more fight centric. I hope I'll be able to finish those predator challenges during NG+ at least.

Weird thing, I think this game actually has about as many Predator rooms as Asylum. There were really only actual Predator rooms in Intensive Treatment, Medical, Caves, the Gardens, and the Mansion. I guess there were also the two "don't get spotted rooms", but there were no gargoyles. :colbert:

And there's really only 5 in Origins, but also a few extra outdoors ones that don't quite count.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Jerusalem posted:

I love that pissed-off yell he does after the first or second round, when he starts to take you seriously. The way his face gets all tight and the way the yell sounds involuntary really emotes a lot.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The glitches in this game are truly horrendous, but I got the one where the geometry desolidified as I was gliding around and I flew straight through buildings completely unimpeded for like five minutes, and it was awesome.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Olaf The Stout posted:

I love that pissed-off yell he does after the first or second round, when he starts to take you seriously. The way his face gets all tight and the way the yell sounds involuntary really emotes a lot.

This bit?

Plus of course:

:allears:

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."

Poizen Jam posted:

That's a bit snarky.

I think he means it's kind of funny that Deadpool is perhaps more well known and more often mistakenly used to refer to Deathstroke than the other way around.

This is funny because, of course, Deadpool is a complete pisstake on Deathstroke.

It goes to show that Marvel has done an excellent job at permeating the mass market, especially because I grew up reading DC comics. I don't think I encountered either character in a comic though.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone else gotten a bug where the game completely crashed on "Searching for DLC"? This just started happening to me and I can't access my single player, but Multiplayer works fine.

I updated my Nvidia drivers and it still does it.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Poizen Jam posted:

That's a bit snarky.

I think he means it's kind of funny that Deadpool is perhaps more well known and more often mistakenly used to refer to Deathstroke than the other way around.

This is funny because, of course, Deadpool is a complete pisstake on Deathstroke.

I would love to see Batman actually fight Deadpool, myself.

The part later in the game where you come across Deathstroke again and Batman just constantly poo poo-talks him is one of my favorite parts of Origins.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

I would love to see Batman actually fight Deadpool, myself.
You should grab the Superman/Batman Annual #1 immediately.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Nov 21, 2013

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Here's a guide for Worst Nightmare in one playthrough: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/710576-batman-arkham-origins/67681963

When I find time I might just start a new save rather than going to NG+ with my current save, actually. I really don't want to struggle doing NG+ predator rooms since armoured enemies in predator mode never play nice with the challenges.

PoizenJam
Dec 2, 2006

Damn!!!
It's PoizenJam!!!
Well I'm pretty confident I've mastered this game now. Just got a flawless free flow on 1 v 100 with a max combo of 640 and a score of over 2 mil.

I forgot to do a ground takedown though :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh thank God, finally

That's everything but the multiplayer achievements, so that's basically it. Now I just gotta wait for a new Batman game!

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

"I hope you like waking up at 6 a.m. and having your favorite things destroyed. P.S. Forgive me because I'm cuter than that $50 wire I just ate."
My game autosaved as I fell through the world map in the GCPD, infinitely to Batman's death, making the save unplayable. Any fixes? I'm on PC.

EDIT: This whole thing could be prevented with a manual save option.

Double Edit: Any place to download saves near where I got stuck? I really don'y\t feel like starting the game over again.

ghostwritingduck fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Nov 24, 2013

Jolan
Feb 5, 2007
I got that Arkham Origins skins pack from the WB Games Humble Bundle laying around. Anyone want it?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Jolan posted:

I got that Arkham Origins skins pack from the WB Games Humble Bundle laying around. Anyone want it?

You got PMs?

SeductiveReasoning
Nov 2, 2005

382 BC - 301 BC
3.1GB patch downloading right now. Does anyone know where to find patch notes?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Monopthalmus posted:

3.1GB patch downloading right now. Does anyone know where to find patch notes?

I've looked all over and found none. Hopefully the corrupted save issue gets fixed because I haven't been able to play for over a week.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Skoll posted:

I've looked all over and found none. Hopefully the corrupted save issue gets fixed because I haven't been able to play for over a week.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/Updates-on-Support-Latest-Updates/m-p/41975/thread-id/3469

Patch 2 List of Fixes
This Patch is now live.

Disabled invalid collision object in Mad Hatter level, which was preventing some people from crossing the river
Fixing missing objective for Lacy Towers.
Fixed 'secure area' bug with Gotham Bridge.
Fix for Deadshot quest not completing properly.
Fixed for the player being locked behind a door by AIvsAI. Fixed user bug who was stuck in Industrial District Enigma Tower
Fixed Black Mask drug stash/chapter mixup that would lock away some drug canisters.
Added the ability to run NVidia Benchmark feature from Options Menu.
Fixed a crash at the end of Deadshot.
Issues with MyAlibi should be fixed.
Fixed Bird thugs not spawning.
Fixed a bug in Royal Hotel that would prevent players from progressing at Helicopter scene.
Fixed Fatal Error on Press Start screen.
Fixed bug making it impossible to grapple in bridge
Fixed sequencer not working properly in Gordon’s office.
Fixed elevator that couldn’t be boosted in Bridge.
Fixed issue with elevator not going back to the correct position in Sewers.
Numerous other more minor fixes.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Thank you good sir. I'll be able to test soon if the patch actually fixed anything.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

doctor 7 posted:

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/Updates-on-Support-Latest-Updates/m-p/41975/thread-id/3469

Patch 2 List of Fixes
This Patch is now live.

Disabled invalid collision object in Mad Hatter level, which was preventing some people from crossing the river
Fixing missing objective for Lacy Towers.
Fixed 'secure area' bug with Gotham Bridge.
Fix for Deadshot quest not completing properly.
Fixed for the player being locked behind a door by AIvsAI. Fixed user bug who was stuck in Industrial District Enigma Tower
Fixed Black Mask drug stash/chapter mixup that would lock away some drug canisters.
Added the ability to run NVidia Benchmark feature from Options Menu.
Fixed a crash at the end of Deadshot.
Issues with MyAlibi should be fixed.
Fixed Bird thugs not spawning.
Fixed a bug in Royal Hotel that would prevent players from progressing at Helicopter scene.
Fixed Fatal Error on Press Start screen.
Fixed bug making it impossible to grapple in bridge
Fixed sequencer not working properly in Gordon’s office.
Fixed elevator that couldn’t be boosted in Bridge.
Fixed issue with elevator not going back to the correct position in Sewers.
Numerous other more minor fixes.

3GB for a patch? loving hell, how broken was this game?

edit: and not one for letting challenges be completed in the challenge rooms.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

3GB for a patch? loving hell, how broken was this game?

Pretty broken.

However, if I remember correctly; Arkham City was near unplayable on release.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Kin posted:

loving hell, how broken was this game?
Very broken.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Skoll posted:

Pretty broken.

However, if I remember correctly; Arkham City was near unplayable on release.

DX11 was unplayable on release. DX10 worked just fine.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Annnd.... Still getting the fatal error and crashing on start.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

It's only a 3GB patch, you can't expect all the bugs to be fixed in that.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
That was quite literally the only bug I had, to be honest, and it seems to be plaguing more than a fair amount of people.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

What I want to know is why isn't the save game corruption fixed? I don't care if they can't recover already corrupted ones, I care that it won't happen a third time to me if I ever decide to play this buggy piece of poo poo agian.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Good to see the bridge grapple bug was fixed? Hopefully it is the one I had and not some random other one.

ghostwritingduck
Aug 26, 2004

Not listed, but this patch fixed my save where I was stuck under the GCPD. WB support told me to give up on it being restored earlier today.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Time to see if my Shadow Vigilante Rank 9 will unlock...

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Just finished the game, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I mean, I enjoyed it for the most part, but it really just felt like more of the same. The part of Gotham we got just seems boring, and none of the indoor areas (except Blackgate, which had a cool atmosphere, but just seemed like Akrham warmed over) really grabbed me. They all just seemed kinda bland.

The one thing that really, really worked better with this over the previous games in the series were the boss fights. I'm sick to death of Titan being such a recurring element in this series, but Bane-hosed-up-on-Titan fight really freaked me out, particularly because I couldn't find that jammer and had to go line-of-sight when fighting him. When he punched through the grates I was hiding behind I nearly poo poo myself.

The other thing I really enjoyed was the remote claw. Taking out guys from a perch with a remote claw and a propane tank is always fun.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

TL posted:

Just finished the game, and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I mean, I enjoyed it for the most part, but it really just felt like more of the same. The part of Gotham we got just seems boring, and none of the indoor areas (except Blackgate, which had a cool atmosphere, but just seemed like Akrham warmed over) really grabbed me. They all just seemed kinda bland.

The one thing that really, really worked better with this over the previous games in the series were the boss fights. I'm sick to death of Titan being such a recurring element in this series, but Bane-hosed-up-on-Titan fight really freaked me out, particularly because I couldn't find that jammer and had to go line-of-sight when fighting him. When he punched through the grates I was hiding behind I nearly poo poo myself.

The other thing I really enjoyed was the remote claw. Taking out guys from a perch with a remote claw and a propane tank is always fun.

If the remote claw doesn't make it into the next game I'll be really sad, it was such a blast to gently caress around with. I guess technically it evolved into the line launcher for Asylum and City, but being able to pull guys off their feet and dangle them from a gargoyle from across the room was such a blast.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Skoll posted:

That's an issue that's been present since the first game in the series. I doubt they've cracked it now.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I thought it was a little too easy to use the remote claw and instantly take out multiple enemies. That said, I LOVED flinging propane tanks at enemies. I do hope that bit makes a return.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

It's also hilarious to attach them to gargoyles, especially that "whoooOOAAAHHH" yelp they make while zinging up through the air. Using the disruptor on mines that they walk over is also unexplainably delightful. Hoisted by their own petard, I guess.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Dan Didio posted:

That's an issue that's been present since the first game in the series. I doubt they've cracked it now.

I just really, really don't want to restart my progress. I could redo the story stuff, I guess, but getting all the Riddler crap again and the aux Batman stuff? Yeah, no. It's tedious enough the first time around.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

You'll play by their rules and like it!

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Yeah, that was quite the surprise for me, loading up a challenge map "lure 3 guards with a sonic batarang? Sure, no probs" :smug:

Then going back in to the story and seeing no progrees made.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Welp, encountered my first glitch (360).

After I beat the gently caress out of Mad Hatter's men, he was just standing there doing nothing. I messed around in that room for 5 or 10 minutes thinking it was some kind of mind trick thing since Hatter's known for that but nope. The prompt to speak to him got stuck and I had to re-load and beat everyone's rear end again.

The good news was I got a better score the second time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Kin posted:

I'm not sure why this is an issue? The idea behind the challenges is that your putting more and more fear into the thugs. The challenge rooms are just training and not real thugs.

• Locked thread