Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Lemon Curdistan posted:

That's what I was hoping. loving awesome, I guess I'll dust him off and try to learn to live without Iron Skin for a minute.

I switched from Rhino to Excalibur to level him up and it took maybe two hours before I resorted to Rage + Quick Thinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Crowbear posted:

:stonk:

So... she's a fire chicken? That sounds familiar...

Haven't you noticed that the Grineer sometimes say "Grin-Grin-Grineeeer" and that they throw balls?

...it makes sense, doesn't it?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
The lack of a discounts in the PS4 version is really disappointing. I want to get some potatoes but the ps4 price for plat is stupid. I'm hoping that they actually put them in and aren't just bullshitting us about them.

A patch to fix the desyncing bug would be great too.

Saltpowered fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 26, 2013

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Valkyr seems fun so far but man is she bad. One thing I haven't noticed people bring up about her though is that while her awful stun ability may only cost 5 energy on top of the shield cost, but it effectively costs 25 energy on defense missions or others where you stick to the same area since the instant you use it you will be picking up any nearby blue orbs anyhow, making it no more spammable than any other first slot ability. I really wish there was a threshold where you would not pick up energy orbs until you are down a full 25 energy. It becomes an issue more often than you'd think too, since by higher waves if you don't have a decent energy reserve lying around on the ground you can run out fairly fast, which is going to happen if you are picking up an energy orb every time you use the 5 energy stun.

Diet Lime
Aug 11, 2013

by toby
I decided to try this, because it looks like ME3's multi, which I like alot, but way more involved and awesome.

So far it's fun, but I want to make sure I am doing everything I need to be doing. Do I need to be using the codex scanner? Or does ti just give you useless "dictionary" entries?

Boogat
Jan 5, 2006

Oh, I am serious. Look, this is my serious face.
Just downloaded this last night for the PS4. Would it be possible to get an invite to the PS4 clan as well if there is still room? PSN : Boogat

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Go ahead and take pictures for the codex as you can, but right now all it does is give you resistence/weakness info and their drop tables, which you can get from the wiki without doing DE's ridiculous bullshit.

Also, Bastille is not a bad power. It's just not the end-all of Infested Defense any more(vortex is). It is now the single best picture-taking power in the game, and fantastic for figuring out damage mechanics because it immobilizes enemies without doing damage to them.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Diet Lime posted:

I decided to try this, because it looks like ME3's multi, which I like alot, but way more involved and awesome.

So far it's fun, but I want to make sure I am doing everything I need to be doing. Do I need to be using the codex scanner? Or does ti just give you useless "dictionary" entries?

You do get a rather hefty (although still somewhat not really worth the effort) bit of affinity for doing stealth scans. And if you scan enough to fill out the "useless" entries, it shows you weaknesses and rare drops. Or you could just use the Warframe wiki, and let poopsocking nerds do all the research for you.

But then think of all the entries in the codex that won't have gold stars. You want the gold stars, right?

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Nov 26, 2013

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Can I get an invite to the PS4 clan? ID is Shawluck

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Wales Grey posted:

But then think of all the entries in the codex that won't have gold stars. You want the gold stars, right?

I really do. :(

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Looking for a PS4 clan invite. ID is Presteign.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
Running a bunch of Void/Derelicts on PS4 tonight. Send me a message if you want to join in. PSN: aDiscreteCoonjob

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Are there any Australian goons playing? Would be nice to do some missions with a good group rather than solo or my one coop partner. My Warframe name is Thrillhouse_ii

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I've not found many problems with public groups, or are you just having trouble finding groups?

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Yeah I've been playing with PUGs lately actually, still would be good to roll with some goons

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
Guy back there who said Mag's Bullet Attractor and Shield Polarize was worthless - it's good to slap on Grineer heavies and high-level drones, because their fire will home back in on themselves (only best for higher-level enemies, though, otherwise, you're better off using pull) and Shield Polarize strips away shields and staggers enemies. Unless they changed that with Damage 2.0.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

JackMackerel posted:

Guy back there who said Mag's Bullet Attractor and Shield Polarize was worthless - it's good to slap on Grineer heavies and high-level drones, because their fire will home back in on themselves (only best for higher-level enemies, though, otherwise, you're better off using pull) and Shield Polarize strips away shields and staggers enemies. Unless they changed that with Damage 2.0.

They're not worthless, they're just not very good. There's almost no truly *WORTHLESS* powers in Warframe(besides Silence), just a lot of bad to mediocre ones that aren't worth the time or energy required to cast them compared to other options. That's the kind of stuff that needs to be buffed/changed. Bullet Attractor is much better than Shield Polarize due to its utility against higher level gun mans, while Shield Polarize is seldom worth ever casting.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Normal Grineer units don't get shields any more, though, so Shield Polarize's only utility there is the shield restore on friendlies (which is generally of dubious usefulness aside from the occasional defense mission). It still murders the hell out of Corpus.

Which reminds me, I should take Mag up against Ambulas and see how hilarious that is these days.

JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011

Kanos posted:

They're not worthless, they're just not very good. There's almost no truly *WORTHLESS* powers in Warframe(besides Silence), just a lot of bad to mediocre ones that aren't worth the time or energy required to cast them compared to other options. That's the kind of stuff that needs to be buffed/changed. Bullet Attractor is much better than Shield Polarize due to its utility against higher level gun mans, while Shield Polarize is seldom worth ever casting.

Yeah, true. I can't recall if they made Crush not worthless, though, because every power sucks at higher levels. :v

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
If you hit Shield Polarize immediately after the cutscene Zanuka's loving 100k shields or whatever will kill Alad V outright, Alad's radial damage will knock Zanuka down, and you can calmly stroll up and put the doggy down for a very, very quick boss kill. It's also pretty good in Tower Defense.

Hunting electric crawlers is the biggest piece of bullshit the game's had in a while, though. Shotgun poison is basically transmutation-only at this point.

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

Denzine posted:

If you hit Shield Polarize immediately after the cutscene Zanuka's loving 100k shields or whatever will kill Alad V outright, Alad's radial damage will knock Zanuka down, and you can calmly stroll up and put the doggy down for a very, very quick boss kill. It's also pretty good in Tower Defense.

Hunting electric crawlers is the biggest piece of bullshit the game's had in a while, though. Shotgun poison is basically transmutation-only at this point.

For real. I can reliably find them on say Xini, but you usually only get one or two per wave. Even with a Nekros, I've had zero luck, and I don't want to resort to trade just yet.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

I can find them pretty reliably on Oestrus (Eris). Running solo seems to yield more than with a full group, but that may just be me hallucinating.

It's faster than running defense missions to 15+, in any case.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011
So what are some good basic mods for Kunai? And Galatine?

Not that its really relevant now, but which clan weapons seem most worthwhile? They seem to take a lot of resources/time.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Not that its really relevant now, but which clan weapons seem most worthwhile? They seem to take a lot of resources/time.
Kunai: Standard stuff, really. Hornet Strike, Lethal Torrent, and Barrel Diffusion are the core set. After that, elemental damage to taste (Ice Storm is a good choice since it also increases magazine size, add Heated Charge for blast damage combo), maybe some reload speed if you feel like it.

Galatine: Anything that increases charge damage and charge speed.

Most of the clan weapons are about the same in terms of usefulness as before, with a couple major exceptions being the Embolist and Acrid. Acrid got hit with kind of a rough nerf to the DoT which limits it usefulness now, while Embolist can be turned into a point-blank monster (just make sure you're complementing it with a primary that can hit at range).

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

ThePhenomenalBaby posted:

Ignis and Embolist are the best right now IMO, with the Ignis being the best clan weapon.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
Did they actually buff the range on the Embolist?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

InfinityComplex posted:

Did they actually buff the range on the Embolist?
It has the same spread mechanic as the Ignis, but otherwise no. It just benefits heavily from Damage 2.0 and the fact that pistols get absurdly good multishot mods.

It's practically a melee weapon in terms of range, but poo poo melts so fast I don't even care.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Almost beat the Stalker, but then he used Absorb. I didn't know what it was, kept attacking, and got killed in one hit.

I'll get you next time. :arghfist::sigh:

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

In case there are any slots in the PS4 clan open, I'll take an invite?

PSN Name: JazzFlight

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I've got the Bolter up to rank 10 or so and I'm really not enjoying it. The slow bullet travel makes it hard to hit enemies and it seems to be fairly weak right now. I guess I would have to throw the same mods onto my Braton and see how they compare.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Is there any kind of trick involved to accept group invites from clan members on the PS4? It kept failing for me last night :smith:.

I've been asking a lot of questions, thanks everyone in the thread for being helpful! I've got another, why does transmute cost 12k? Is it just gambling for the rich?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Yaos posted:

I've got the Bolter up to rank 10 or so and I'm really not enjoying it. The slow bullet travel makes it hard to hit enemies and it seems to be fairly weak right now. I guess I would have to throw the same mods onto my Braton and see how they compare.

The Bolter was a recommended weapon back when its base damage ignored armor. I don't have first-hand knowledge of how it fares now, but I wouldn't be surprised if its damage didn't get tuned upward to compensate.

Male Man fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 27, 2013

TinfoilHate
Nov 19, 2003

What the hell is wrong
with you people?
What IS a good weapon progression for Primary (and Secondary, I guess)? I'm sitting at Rank 3 currently, and I'm wondering exactly what I should try and buy/build next.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

I've got some newbie questions even though I've been playing for a while.

What does the little symbol of a person with a number next to it mean when you hover over a mission? I thought it was the number of groups with an open slot but I've clicked on plenty of missions showing the symbol and not instantly gotten a group. Sometimes when I finish a mission a white symbol appears next to the credits reward, what is that?

Thanks!

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Yaos posted:

I've got some newbie questions even though I've been playing for a while.

What does the little symbol of a person with a number next to it mean when you hover over a mission? I thought it was the number of groups with an open slot but I've clicked on plenty of missions showing the symbol and not instantly gotten a group.

I believe that's just the number of groups on that map, full or not.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Male Man posted:

The Bolter was a recommended weapon back when its base damage ignored armor. I have first-hand knowledge of how it fares now, but I wouldn't be surprised if its damage didn't get tuned upward to compensate.

In the new damage system, weapons that specialize in one type of damage may be good for high-level stuff, but for newbies mixed damage seems like a better bet. (The exception being Slash vs. Infested, which is a good idea at all levels.) The Boltor specializes in Puncture, and does less total damage than the Braton. Also, the old problems with it still apply (inaccurate, slow projectiles).

I don't think it's a weapon for newbies anymore, if it ever was in the first place.

TinfoilHate posted:

What IS a good weapon progression for Primary (and Secondary, I guess)? I'm sitting at Rank 3 currently, and I'm wondering exactly what I should try and buy/build next.

For primary, I'd say Strun, Latron, or maybe Burston. None of these fills the same role as the Braton, so be prepared to change the way you play. The more interesting low-mastery weapons are secondaries, Ballistica, Hikou (I'm iffy on recommending Kunai now), Vasto(s), Bronco(s), Viper(s), even Aklato can be a fun change. If you can get a group to help you through some Void missions, it might be worthwhile to try to get a Prime weapon, as they all seem to have the same mastery requirements as their normal versions.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I dunno if anyone else has mentioned/discovered this here, but stealth scanning also gives double the codex scans in addition to bonus affinity. So it is practical to do even if you don't care about the affinity (which seems to all go to your frame anyways).

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

sleeptalker posted:

Ballistica,

How is the Ballistica, anyway? That 3000 nanospore requirement is stopping me from even buying the blueprint.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Schubalts posted:

How is the Ballistica, anyway? That 3000 nanospore requirement is stopping me from even buying the blueprint.

I'm sitting on 450,000 nanospores, and 900 Ferrite, to give you an idea of how common they are. :v: I made the Ballistica, and while I dig the design, I didn't really find it all that useful in the old system. Dunno about the new one.

Azran fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 27, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Schubalts posted:

The ballistica is a bit of a weird gun. It has nice versatility and (potentially) ammo efficiency, but is tricky to get used to. You get the same damage whether you charge shots or burst fire (provided all bolts hit), but charging only takes 1 bolt while a burst takes 4. The burst also has some nasty recoil that makes it pretty tough to adjust to. Neither mode is hitscan and the charged bolt is a little slow, so it doesn't work as well at super long ranges, but it does have good accuracy. One annoyance about it is that it's just a big gun and eats up a lot of screen space when you have it out, which can get annoying. I think in general it's a bit of an underused weapon that just doesn't get mentioned much. If you want nanospores just run a bunch of cyath, which everyone ends up doing anyway to level guns.