Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Metal Loaf posted:

I'd wager it's that sexy, sexy Auto-Tune screech.

Anyway...

In other news, it looks like Artpop has had a somewhat sluggish start. It sold about 260, 000 copies, which is good, but well below what Gaga shifted last time (Born This Way debuted with sales of 1, 000, 000; even if you factor in that about 400, 000 were sold for $0.99 as part of an Amazon one-day discount, that's still about three times what Artpop managed in its first week). I've seen this soft landing attributed to the failure of "Applause" to go straight to number one, but that hardly seems fair, because it's stayed in the Top 10 since it was released.

I think that, similar to Applause, that it won't have huge n.1 sales but it'll have steady sales all through the end of this year and the start of the next. It's not a top hit album with huge club songs, and it wasn't marketed to hell and back as BTW was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
The Fame Monster > The Fame > Artpop > Born This Way

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I agree completely, but switch out The Fame with BTW. I murdered the replay button when The Fame was released so now I can't stand those songs except for Paparazzi and Summerboy(I wish she played Summerboy live. It's such a cute song :3:).

It was released some time ago, but has anyone listened to Natalia Kills' new album, Trouble? I really, REALLY love it actually. It's very personal, but she still manages to keep her style throughout the entire album. Favorites of mine are Boys Don't Cry(great production) and Saturday Night(such a damned good song).

And Problem is such an awesome song it makes me wanna wear a leatherjacket with nails and go all punk. Yes, I love this album.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Swap Fame and Artpop and you've got it. The last half of Artpop is fan-drat-tastic.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg4-WxXvde4

Tropico. December 5.

Stalins Moustache posted:

I think that, similar to Applause, that it won't have huge n.1 sales but it'll have steady sales all through the end of this year and the start of the next. It's not a top hit album with huge club songs, and it wasn't marketed to hell and back as BTW was.

Second week is 50k though.

Dr. McCheese
Sep 19, 2007
I ♥ Katamari.
Sadly, ARTPOP is below "The Best of Nickelback" on this week's Australian charts.

Stalins Moustache posted:

It was released some time ago, but has anyone listened to Natalia Kills' new album, Trouble? I really, REALLY love it actually. It's very personal, but she still manages to keep her style throughout the entire album. Favorites of mine are Boys Don't Cry(great production) and Saturday Night(such a damned good song).

I have. Much of the album doesn't do a lot for me, but like on Perfectionist, there are some great songs such as Television, Problem, and Controversy. Saturday Night is definitely a standout track, and easily my favourite from her so far. It's personal, catchy, and I've abused my repeat button with it on numerous occasions.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Dr. McCheese posted:

Sadly, ARTPOP is below "The Best of Nickelback" on this week's Australian charts.
Is it any good? I have it on my hard drive but I haven't actually given it a proper listen yet. I've heard a couple of the singles but that's it.

I've been hearing it's kind of a flop sales-wise :(

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

These are the secrets of death we teach.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Is it any good? I have it on my hard drive but I haven't actually given it a proper listen yet. I've heard a couple of the singles but that's it.

I've been hearing it's kind of a flop sales-wise :(

Imo its fantastic. Its fun, boisterous music but structured as an album in a meaningful/expressive way. It helps if you know a little about recent events in her life, since of all her work so far this is the most autobiographical on close examination of the lyrics.

It's not doing badly in worldwide sales.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

It's pretty great; I mean it's all of Nickelback's best songs, all on one disc. If you're not familiar with the band, definitely a good introduction.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

het posted:

It's pretty great; I mean it's all of Nickelback's best songs, all on one disc. If you're not familiar with the band, definitely a good introduction.
Oh har har, het! :mmmhmm:

I think I've heard all the Nickelback I ever want to hear and I haven't even heard them in quite some time.

Also, Haim is performing on SNL right now and I hadn't heard them before this but I honestly think I need to check out the rest of their stuff now.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
24 hour music video for Pharrell's happy.
It's really nice :3:
http://24hoursofhappy.com/

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Also, Haim is performing on SNL right now and I hadn't heard them before this but I honestly think I need to check out the rest of their stuff now.

I couldn't understand a single lyric during either of their songs. The music itself was cool though!

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lord Krangdar posted:

It's not doing badly in worldwide sales.

It's doing well enough, but I think there's this perception that it's doing as well as a Lady Gaga album should, apparently (which strikes me as a bit unfair, but it seems inevitable these days; it'll show up when Adele's next album comes out and doesn't sell a bazillion copies on its first day of release).

I suppose the most relevant question you need to ask is how well it's doing in comparison to the Katy Perry album.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

You can now listen to new Britney album on iTunes

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

Britney Jean is better than I thought it would be. Still not her best. (that would be In The Zone)

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I guess no one's posted this. I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0CazRHB0so

a dog from hell fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Nov 26, 2013

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Metal Loaf posted:

It's doing well enough, but I think there's this perception that it's doing as well as a Lady Gaga album should, apparently (which strikes me as a bit unfair, but it seems inevitable these days; it'll show up when Adele's next album comes out and doesn't sell a bazillion copies on its first day of release).

I suppose the most relevant question you need to ask is how well it's doing in comparison to the Katy Perry album.
It's doing about as well as one could ever expect considering it's an impenetrable mess of headache-inducing EDM noise mashed together with high-camp cabaret celebrating a pop singer's love for drugs, fame, and the endless depths of her own pretentious narcissism. I mean, apparently the Little Monsters will still love it (because ARTPOP), but does anyone really expect the general public to when her popularity with them was founded entirely on hype? If it's "art," maybe she should wear her lack of commercial chart performance as a badge of honor.

Meanwhile, let us all play tiny violins for how badly "Unconditionally" is doing on the charts while Katy Perry cries into her mattress filled with money. At least the video was pretty.

Mermaid Autopsy fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Nov 26, 2013

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

It's doing about as well as one could ever expect considering it's an impenetrable mess of headache-inducing EDM noise mashed together with high-camp cabaret celebrating a pop singer's love for drugs, fame, and the endless depths of her own pretentious narcissism. I mean, apparently the Little Monsters will still love it (because ARTPOP), but does anyone really expect the general public to when her popularity with them was founded entirely on hype? If it's "art," maybe she should wear her lack of commercial chart performance as a badge of honor.

Meanwhile, let us all play tiny violins for how badly "Unconditionally" is doing on the charts while Katy Perry cries into her mattress filled with money. At least the video was pretty.

Maybe it's because I listen to plenty of abrasive music, but I don't really get the criticism that Artpop is inaccessible ear-splitting noise with an unlikeably shallow, narcissistic bent to it. Artpop has the same EDM sound and subject matter as pretty much everything else on the radio, only done in a slightly more interesting manner. I feel like all of the backlash from Artpop is just coming from people who hate the idea of a pop musician taking their own work more seriously than their listeners are.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

HorseRenoir posted:

I feel like all of the backlash from Artpop is just coming from people who hate the idea of a pop musician taking their own work more seriously than their listeners are.

Pretty much.

It's not narcissistic just because its more autobiographical than her previous work. She just followed that timeless, common bit of advice for writers; "write what you know".

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Lord Krangdar posted:

Pretty much.

It's not narcissistic just because its more autobiographical than her previous work. She just followed that timeless, common bit of advice for writers; "write what you know".

"Gypsy" sounds like the most autobiographical track, and it's also probably one of her best songs. It would totally slay if she released it as a single (who thought "Venus" would've been a good idea?). But "Donatella"? "Fashion!"? If these are autobiographical (and I suspect they are--more than she would admit), then we have seen the girl behind the "Aura," and there is nothing underneath. She lives for the applause-plause, empty plays of fashion (her Artpop could mean anything) endlessly circling a nonexistent center. It becomes a casebook on Narcissistic Personality Distorder.

The public has given Gags a pass in the past because they thought she was making some grand meta-commentary on fame, but now they're not so sure. It's not "the idea of a pop musician taking their own work more seriously than their listeners" that irks people, but that the pop musician is trying to feed her listeners (and personality cult) pseudointellectual bullshit to mask the fact that she is just shoveling the same tired EDM at them and trying to call it art. It amounts to a another fashion statement--appropriating the visual style and mannerisms of real artists to create the illusion that there is meaning behind it all.

Mermaid Autopsy fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Nov 26, 2013

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

The public has given Gags a pass in the past because they thought she was making some grand meta-commentary on fame, but now they're not so sure.

Most of the public don't even know what meta-commentary is. Apart from that I'm with HorseRenoir: This is not any more noisy or "headache-inducing" (oh please) than any of the other EDM in the charts, but it's certainly a lot more interesting. You ARE right that one probably shouldn't look to deep into the art aspect of her work, but I'd say it's definately there. At least to a much larger degree than with any other pop act on the charts right now.

DominoDancing fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Nov 26, 2013

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I haven't listened to it, but the main criticism I've heard from people I know who have and who like pop music is that it's just not very good music.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

I'm someone who mostly appreciates pop music as catchy stuff I can listen to without really having to think too hard about artistic meanings and lyrical interpretation, and I really love it. A lot of the time I feel like people get really up themselves about how they're better than "chart crap," and it seems like people are almost searching for a reason to hate gaga. Like, oh no, if I can't hate it for being a shallow cash grab, maybe it's narcissistic or she's playing her image up or, indeed, her fame is "entirely founded on hype". It does sound kind of like a lot of other radio stuff, and that's kind of what pop music is. I don't think anything is abrasive unless you just hate the style or sound.

To me, it seems like there's meanings and morals behind it if you want to search for that stuff, and equally it's something I'm very happy to sing along to very badly if I think I'm alone, or I'm drunk, or I'm just sitting on the train and want something that sounds good in the background.

10/10, definitely my favourite of hers so far. I pretty much had it on loop for a few days, and I'm not sure I could pick a favourite track, but whenever I load up shuffle on my ipod and then skip through 200 songs (as you do), half the time it's a song off ARTPOP that I'm actually stopping and letting play. Actually, I'd be hard pressed to pick a gaga song I could genuinely say I didn't at least like. There's some stuff I'd probably get rid off when I need to clear some ipod space, but there's not a dud track I'd have said to just cut.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
Personally, I love ARTPOP. Yes, it has its flaws; a small handful of songs could be cut (IMHO), it is brickwalled to heck* (as is every other pop album nowadays - looking at you, Katy Perry) and it has its fair share of silly lyrics (as has been the case from The Fame onwards), but holy poo poo is it a lot of fun and it does not deserve the trashing it got from the critics. Way to justify the first two lines of 'Applause', you guys.

* On that subject, I heard an interview she did with Howard Stern (I think) where she said that she'd paid a lot of attention to the production, trying to ensure it wasn't too loud, and I felt awful for her. I wish someone would tell her about the loudness war - at present, it doesn't matter how much time and effort she spends on the production, it will inevitably be ruined by the aforementioned brickwalling.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Paperhouse posted:

I haven't listened to it, but the main criticism I've heard from people I know who have and who like pop music is that it's just not very good music.

Well I think it's pretty good.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I genuinely think Dope is her best ballad. ARTPOP was kinda iffy overall but that's a drat good song.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

"Gypsy" sounds like the most autobiographical track, and it's also probably one of her best songs. It would totally slay if she released it as a single (who thought "Venus" would've been a good idea?). But "Donatella"? "Fashion!"? If these are autobiographical (and I suspect they are--more than she would admit), then we have seen the girl behind the "Aura," and there is nothing underneath. She lives for the applause-plause, empty plays of fashion (her Artpop could mean anything) endlessly circling a nonexistent center. It becomes a casebook on Narcissistic Personality Distorder.

The public has given Gags a pass in the past because they thought she was making some grand meta-commentary on fame, but now they're not so sure. It's not "the idea of a pop musician taking their own work more seriously than their listeners" that irks people, but that the pop musician is trying to feed her listeners (and personality cult) pseudointellectual bullshit to mask the fact that she is just shoveling the same tired EDM at them and trying to call it art. It amounts to a another fashion statement--appropriating the visual style and mannerisms of real artists to create the illusion that there is meaning behind it all.

Music is not a form of art, now? Gaga delves into exactly what she means by the term "artpop" on the song ARTPOP, and its not really pretentious or "pseudointellectual" at all; it's a quite simple and straightforward concept. The center of her work is her; an actually-existing person expressing themself through their art.

Applause is not about narcissism. The song is her saying she lives to make people happy above anything else. Its not just empty words; she really does work tirelessly on her art (the music, but all the rest as well), for her fans.

Donatella is about Donatella Versace, not Gaga herself. It's autobiographical only in the sense that they are friends, and fellow artists and collaborators, in real life. It's about both the undeniable allure and downsides of a certain lifestyle, but that's a lifestyle Gaga ultimately rejects- in the end she doesn't live for any of that, she lives for the applause.

Fashion is a form of art, as well, and the song is describing exactly what it means to her and why. Note the key line "this love's not material"- its not about materialism or conspicuous consumptions for their own sakes. The song is not shallow, but your knee-jerk judgment of it based solely on the subject matter is.

Her commentary on fame (and associated subjects- wealth, partying, sexual desirability, the music industry) comes full circle with ARTPOP. Loosely: The Fame was about a fantasy of fame before she had it, The Fame Monster was about the down-side, and Born This Way was her taking responsibility for the platform fame gave her and the fans that hung on her every word. ARTPOP is about her life now that she actually is famous. Throughout the album she describes all the highs of her current lifestyle, but then crashes down from those highs on Dope. She then realizes what she really lives for on Applause, embracing the pros and cons of her travelling performer lifestyle (Gypsy).

Implying that you can diagnose a stranger with a mental disorder from (misunderstanding) songs they wrote is just silly. Also she would definitely "admit" the album is auto-biographical- that's not even like hidden subtext or something, its just the text.

ZakAce posted:

* On that subject, I heard an interview she did with Howard Stern (I think) where she said that she'd paid a lot of attention to the production, trying to ensure it wasn't too loud, and I felt awful for her. I wish someone would tell her about the loudness war - at present, it doesn't matter how much time and effort she spends on the production, it will inevitably be ruined by the aforementioned brickwalling.

Yeah, unfortunately mastering is one of the few parts of the process that AFAIK she has no input into whatsoever. It doesn't bother me on this album though, except for parts of Applause. I definitely think much of Born This Way was hurt by careless mixing or mastering, though.

Lord Krangdar fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Nov 27, 2013

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

This has been in my head for the last week or so. It's pretty catchy. Only heard of HAIM through a video I saw of them and Lorde covering this

In another note, some more Kiwi/Aussie stuff that I hear throughout the work day keeping me busy. (no, its not US top charts, but hey, some is pretty good in my opinion)
Stan Walker's latest.
Ginny Blackmore, if you're into this kinda thing
Bit of RnB/Pop
And what is a bunch of Down Under music, without Lorde's latest and my personal favourite of her whole album!

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

MooCowlian posted:

Like, oh no, if I can't hate it for being a shallow cash grab, maybe it's narcissistic or she's playing her image up or, indeed, her fame is "entirely founded on hype".
Do we have to choose? She clearly contains multitudes. These are the essential contradictions (or disorders, perhaps) of her character; the need to not only rule the charts but to be perceived as an artistic genius.

Throughout it all, there is a unifying ethos behind Gaga's work that coalesces in her latest album; bury yourself in enough layers of fashionable obscurity to conceal the inner emptiness. Is this the admission of "Dope"? In truly postmodern fashion, if the art cannot be in the music, parade the images of art as if they speak to something meaningful, and let the audiences read into it their own profundities.

DominoDancing posted:

Most of the public don't even know what meta-commentary is. Apart from that I'm with HorseRenoir: This is not any more noisy or "headache-inducing" (oh please) than any of the other EDM in the charts, but it's certainly a lot more interesting. You ARE right that one probably shouldn't look to deep into the art aspect of her work, but I'd say it's definately there. At least to a much larger degree than with any other pop act on the charts right now.
Lana Del Rey (with an EDM track!) and her protegée Lorde (who doesn't even brickwall her poo poo) both had big hits on the charts this year, and both have a much more legitimate claim to the title of "art pop," I think.

The thought was definitely that Gaga was meta-trolling everyone; just look at the first few pages of the Gaga thread. Or see Lord Krangdar's post.

"Donatella" and "Fashion!" clearly speak to her current mindset. If we seek for depth in all of this, the subtext in her recent performances is that there is the "blonde" Gaga in a wig, veiling herself, and the "brunette" Stefani underneath it all--but this is why the conclusion of her narrative seems problematic, insasmuch as it says that she has chosen to retreat back into her constructed persona, one that is constantly seeking adoration and worship from her audience. The big, overtly fake blonde wigs she is now fond of wearing in public performance is as close to a real artistic statement that she has made; we are only allowed to see the externalized construct--"Do What U Want" with it.

Mermaid Autopsy fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 29, 2013

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

The thought was definitely that Gaga was meta-trolling everyone; just look at the first few pages of the Gaga thread. Or see Lord Krangdar's post.

I didn't say anything about "meta-trolling" there, though. For the most part the themes of ARTPOP are quite straightforward, not buried under layers of ironic or sarcastic meta-commentary. But she has been commenting on, and playing around with, fame and associated ideas for her entire career.

That said, the Telephone video is a pretty blatant example of where she actually was "trolling" and being meta about the conventions of pop videos.

What you're missing is that her need to hide behind a performance or character actually reveals a lot about her- the key is that she has created the character. That stuff isn't hiding "emptiness" (how could it be?), its hiding vulnerability. Her talking about that need is her telling us about herself and how she experiences the world. And its something I think everyone can relate to, to some extent.

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

Lana Del Rey (with an EDM track!) and her protegée Lorde (who doesn't even brickwall her poo poo) both had big hits on the charts this year, and both have a much more legitimate claim to the title of "art pop," I think.

Why?

(and why must Lorde be Lana's protegée?)

Lord Krangdar fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Nov 29, 2013

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Lord Krangdar posted:

Why?

(and why must Lorde be Lana's protegée?)

She's not at all, Lana del Rey was even one of the artists Lorde mentioned as being lyrically irrelevant, part of which inspired her own lyrics.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

"I think" in an entirely subjective way; as in "I think" they are better lyricists and release better music.

Wandle Cax posted:

She's not at all, Lana del Rey was even one of the artists Lorde mentioned as being lyrically irrelevant, part of which inspired her own lyrics.

"Protegée" according to the media that constantly compare the two, as I posted earlier. I am not sure what she actually thinks about her (apparently Drake and Nicki Minaj are more important), other than that she was clearly listening to her.

Lord Krangdar
Oct 24, 2007

You can dislike something and still admit its art, though, just like I can dislike a film without coming out saying it wasn't even a film. The title ARTPOP is referring to Gaga's own standards for art, anyway, and not anyone else's.

From what I've heard the comparisons between Lorde and Lana seem very superficial- is it just because both have a more sombre, slower, less bombastic sound than their contemporaries?

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

"I think" in an entirely subjective way; as in "I think" they are better lyricists and release better music.

"Protegée" according to the media that constantly compare the two, as I posted earlier. I am not sure what she actually thinks about her (apparently Drake and Nicki Minaj are more important), other than that she was clearly listening to her.

"Protege" implies that they actually know each other and studied and worked together so it's not a very good word to use.

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

Yeah, and the Lana del Ray remix was brickwalled as well, while Lorde wasn't EDM. So...you didn't really refute my point?

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

DominoDancing posted:

Yeah, and the Lana del Ray remix was brickwalled as well, while Lorde wasn't EDM. So...you didn't really refute my point?

You said: "At least to a much larger degree than with any other pop act on the charts right now." I mentioned people on the charts who could also be considered as fitting this category. And here everything derails endlessly into philosophical debates about Good Art and Bad Art and subjectivity and Platonic Ideas and the possibilities of apprehending an objective vision of the True and the Beautiful.

If you want to say it's an interesting slice of EDM on the charts, I won't try to argue. But apparently the Gaga fans in that thread had issues with the production, which may speak to the GP's perspective. But they were never much into art, anyways.

Wandle Cax posted:

"Protege" implies that they actually know each other and studied and worked together so it's not a very good word to use.

No, it isn't. It is more of a snarky joke referencing two pages ago.

Lord Krangdar posted:

What you're missing is that her need to hide behind a performance or character actually reveals a lot about her- the key is that she has created the character. That stuff isn't hiding "emptiness" (how could it be?), its hiding vulnerability. Her talking about that need is her telling us about herself and how she experiences the world. And its something I think everyone can relate to, to some extent.

I see what you are saying. The masks and disguises; the attachment to form; the definition of self by that which one creates. Arpop as lost humanity wandering through the cosmic tragedy, beautiful and awful.

Mermaid Autopsy fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 30, 2013

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I never would've thought that Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande would put out 2 of the best pop albums of the year, but look at that, they did. 2013 was a weird year for music.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

BBC's Sound of 2014 long list is out:

BANKS

Chance The Rapper

Chlöe Howl

Ella Eyre

FKA twigs

George Ezra

Jungle

Kelela

Luke Sital-Singh

MNEK

Nick Mulvey

Royal Blood

Sam Smith

Sampha

Say Lou Lou

I am rooting for MNEK. I really like his Kelis cover and his Flatline remix. Check out his Soundcloud if you get the chance, some great stuff there.

I'm still pissed Haim beat AlunaGeorge last year, AlunaGeorge is amazing and Haim is not.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Say Lou Lou, MNEK or Chlöe Howl, please.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

I never would've thought that Miley Cyrus and Ariana Grande would put out 2 of the best pop albums of the year, but look at that, they did. 2013 was a weird year for music.

Hell yeah they did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
And now Miley is going on tour with Sky Ferreira and Icona Pop. That will be one hell of a show, that's for drat sure.