Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the dogge is disapoint in your poo poo beer.
good dogge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

the dogge is disapoint in your poo poo beer.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Friend upoaded a pic of his dogge and I felt the need to share because it's an awesome dogge

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
My sister in law dressed Crackers as Jimmy Buffet for Halloween this year

Im just now seeing it for the first time thanks to looking at her facebook

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Booblord Zagats posted:

My sister in law dressed Crackers as Jimmy Buffet for Halloween this year

Good name, good costume, good dog.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I never got the hate with Chihuahuas, they always seem to be p good dogges.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

SquirrelyPSU posted:

Crackers is a min-pin. Horrifically abused before I adopted her. Has scars from being attacked by the pitbull she was tied up with in some rear end in a top hat's backyard, almost had to amputate her leg when I first got her because they tied her up with fishing line and she got wrapped in it. And on top of all that her eyelashes grow on the insides of her eye lids so I had to get them lasered out.

But she is easily the most friendly and sweetest dog I have ever met despite what she had to go through. All she ever wants is food and whomever she's closest to to rub her belly

Here she is playing in the yard

Booblord Zagats fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Nov 26, 2013

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

Crackers is a min-pin. Horrifically abused before I adopted her. Has scars from being attacked by the pitbull she was tied up with in some rear end in a top hat's backyard, almost had to amputate her leg when I first got her because they tied her up with fishing line and she got wrapped in it. And on top of all that her eyelashes grow on the insides of her eye lids so I had to get them lasered out.

But she is easily the most friendly and sweetest dog I have ever met despite what she had to go through. All she ever wants is food and whomever she's closest to to rub her belly

Ah I see. My bad.

That's a really horrible story and your a pretty cool dude and that dogge seems cool :)

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

SquirrelyPSU posted:

They like 1 person, and that's usually it. My parents have a chill chihuahua that will snuggle up with anyone though, as long as you're a warm body. He even comes running when he hears the dryer open, because he knows that means warm clothes for him to go lay in :3:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Yeah, chihuahuas are usually assholes.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You know what really surprised me? My place just allowed dogs and they had a 30ish dog breed restriction. Pitbulls, rotts, dobies, etc. Then there was chow chows at the bottom of the list. Chow chows.

Apparently they are mean motherfuckers. I had no idea.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Yeah, they can be mean, and are often not recommended for families with small kids. You gonna grab a dog now?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

You know what really surprised me? My place just allowed dogs and they had a 30ish dog breed restriction. Pitbulls, rotts, dobies, etc. Then there was chow chows at the bottom of the list. Chow chows.

Yeah, Chows and Cocker Spaniels are the two highest per capita in terms of dog bites reported per year

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The gently caress is with banning rotts, every rott I've ever met has been a giant goddamn teddy bear. poo poo mine is completely loving inept at being a guard dog since he loves every single human being in existence. Except Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses

Confirmation bias itt

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
According to my sister in law the reality of aggressive/vicious breeds and the perception are pretty far apart. Like Pitbulls, Dobermans and Rotties are really low incidence per-capita, but because they look scary/got a lot of bad press in the last 30 years/Were featured in loving Cujo, etc, they're hosed. If it was about the ones who get the most amount of bites reported, they'd be after Cockers, Dachshunds, Chihuahuas and every East-Asian breed

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

My sample size is tiny, but I've only met marginally friendly chows and adorable, cuddly rotties.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Booblord Zagats posted:

According to my sister in law the reality of aggressive/vicious breeds and the perception are pretty far apart. Like Pitbulls, Dobermans and Rotties are really low incidence per-capita, but because they look scary/got a lot of bad press in the last 30 years/Were featured in loving Cujo, etc, they're hosed. If it was about the ones who get the most amount of bites reported, they'd be after Cockers, Dachshunds, Chihuahuas and every East-Asian breed

There's probably a certain amount of "how much damage will it do" in there somewhere (though in general I agree with you). I'd rather get attacked by a Chihuaha than a Rott.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Godholio posted:

There's probably a certain amount of "how much damage will it do" in there somewhere (though in general I agree with you). I'd rather get attacked by a Chihuaha than a Rott.

That's definitely part of the whole "its scary" being factored in, yeah. I'd much rather deal with a vicious Pomeranian than an upset Doberman

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

I was living in a house with a barely trained pit bull earlier this year, it would just use it's weight and shoulderbarge you if you were in it's way. They're nice dogs but they're just straight up fighting machines if they do decide to fight.

Anyway, I met a Border collie - Staffy Cross yesterday. I had no idea that was a thing :3:. He was being a good guard dog but man, he was trying to cringe right through the floor when the owner came out. :(

He looked like this but bigger, had a kind of collie body but the snout, pink nose and wide face of a terrier.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
my mom has a rot/irish setter mix. he's 160+ lbs. he's an outside dog. bring him in the house and he is miserable simply because it's just too cramped for his big rear end.

put him outside on their six acres and he is in heaven. his kennel is out there and they have to put him in it anytime company arrives or leaves since he will cover you in slobber. inside of his kennel he loves to bark and holy gently caress does he sound like the most vicious animal on the planet. take him out and you realize he was just pissed that he couldn't love you up close. my mom also has a chihuahua that is around 8lbs. the 160 lb pup treats him like he's a fragile egg.

my mom got him for intimidation since she lives so far away from any type of law enforcement out in the sticks. he's very, very loving intimidating. if he doesn't know you he will bark and bark and bark and bark while you are at the gate. again, the most ferocious bark i have ever heard. you would think he is going to kill you without hesitation.

until you actually go up to him and then you can't get him to go the gently caress away because of how much he loves attention.

my biggest fear is that lugging that heavy body around is going to make it hard on him in his later years :(

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

So Logan can almost jump over our 6' privacy fence. Jesus Christ.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Godholio posted:

make it taller.

you call it privacy, he calls it a challenge.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Godholio posted:

I volunteer at a German shepherd rescue that MUST keep some of the dogs in a covered pen to prevent them escaping. One will literally just chill out in a corner of the ceiling around meal time by splaying its legs out to press against/hang off the chain link cover, basically like this:

The others stuck in supermax just hop up and down on their hind legs to see over the 6' solid wood part of the fence.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Cole posted:

make it taller.

you call it privacy, he calls it a challenge.

Ah, the ole, "When the gently caress did you learn to do that?" trick

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Jaguars! posted:

I was living in a house with a barely trained pit bull earlier this year, it would just use it's weight and shoulderbarge you if you were in it's way. They're nice dogs but they're just straight up fighting machines if they do decide to fight.

Anyway, I met a Border collie - Staffy Cross yesterday. I had no idea that was a thing :3:. He was being a good guard dog but man, he was trying to cringe right through the floor when the owner came out. :(

He looked like this but bigger, had a kind of collie body but the snout, pink nose and wide face of a terrier.

Family border collie does the whole lay on the floor and cringe thing too, especially if it's somebody she knows. She has 30 acres of land to run around on, gets pets all day long, walked 2-4 times a day with ball throwing. She still does the lay on the floor with ears back a lot. It's usually done to get your attention on something though.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Speaking of border collies...

Frank's getting some lank. He was 21 pounds on friday, 19 pounds the friday before. Probably an inch or two taller. He's gonna be big. Goes to the vet next week for his 4 month shots. And the ear thing is normal, it's a subservience thing that I can tell.

Anyhow, he hasn't messed in the house since sunday morning or so, and that was a misread on my part. Still, nothing but encouragement when he does go outside, he gets treats when he comes inside, which he expects and immediately sits for. I keep his treats in an old cat treat container (it's small enough to take anywhere) and the shake is most times enough to get his attention when he's being good. He knows ball and how to fetch it, an old sisal rope ball that I bought for the cats, who lost interest in it immediately after in favor of the bag it came home in.

Energy. Holy poo poo. He practically runs in his sleep. He spends a TON of time with my mother's brittany, Jake, who's kinda a fatty. They run laps around the yards for 20-30 minutes at a time then play tug of war with an old pound puppy toy. I've been working a lot more, going out on dates, and my family has been exceedingly supportive with him. So he has two homes, one with rear end in a top hat cats (they tolerate each other now rather well), and another with a teenager and a spastic spaniel. When it's not colder than than the ex-wife's snatch outside, he has me doing some light jogging. Mostly because he likes to track back and forth right in front of me, so a quicker pace keeps him to one side. Sometimes.

He is awesome. If I landed this job, and outdoor gig along the river, I'm going to take him along as often as possible. Everyone get a dog, it is the best decision you will ever make.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Vasudus posted:

Are dalmations on that list? They are assholes, too.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Mad Dragon posted:

Restricted breeds which are not permitted under any circumstances (including just a puppy) include but are not limited to Pit Bull, German Shepherd, Presa Canario, Husky, Malamute, Doberman, Chowchow, St. Bernard, Great Dane, Akita, Terrier Staffordshire, American Bull Dog, Karelian Bear Dog, Boxer, Mastiff, Rottweiler and any hybrid or mixed breed of one of the aforementioned breeds.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Mad Dragon posted:

They really are. My father was attacked by one as a kid, he fuckin hates them.

Hajotus Maximus
Feb 19, 2011

Mad Dragon posted:

Dalmatians are supposed to be great family pets. It's just that they require quite an amount of daily excercise. I remember someone telling that they should be fine with a daily marathon, so it's not really a surprise when a dalmatian without any activities goes nuts.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Bad breeding practices lead to bad temperament in dogs. And dalmations have generations of horrible, horrible breeding.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Vasudus posted:

Restricted breeds which are not permitted under any circumstances (including just a puppy) include but are not limited to Pit Bull, German Shepherd, Presa Canario, Husky, Malamute, Doberman, Chowchow, St. Bernard, Great Dane, Akita, Terrier Staffordshire, American Bull Dog, Karelian Bear Dog, Boxer, Mastiff, Rottweiler and any hybrid or mixed breed of one of the aforementioned breeds.

Boxers are the sweetest loving dogs on this gay Earth. What the gently caress kind of semen snorting gently caress face blocks them from coexisting with humans in any place? You need to burn your place of residence down with the landlord locked inside, then when you go to court, when it comes time to state your defense, just open a box full of boxer puppies and hand them out.

No one could possibly convict you

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Hajotus Maximus posted:

Dalmatians are supposed to be great family pets. It's just that they require quite an amount of daily excercise. I remember someone telling that they should be fine with a daily marathon, so it's not really a surprise when a dalmatian without any activities goes nuts.

My great-uncle had the fattest dalmatian I'd ever seen, and his fat rear end would always want to ride along in the cabbed tractors. And grain trucks, and anything with wheels, really. But he hung out on a good 5 acre homestead and was surrounded by grain fields, so he had tons of space to play. Probably one of the nicest dogs in the family that I remember, when he was alive. The st. bernards were always bigger assholes.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Speaking of border collies...

Franks pretty cool dude :3:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
gently caress yeah he is.

Food creating friendships. :3

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Godholio posted:

Bad breeding practices lead to bad temperament in dogs. And dalmations have generations of horrible, horrible breeding.

They also come from Croatia, and nothing good ever comes out of there.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
one more

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Vasudus posted:

Get a Dogo Argentino or Rhodesian Ridgeback :getin:

E: Holy Hell Cordoba Fighting dog Now extinct because they preferred fighting to mating.

Jaguars! fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Nov 27, 2013

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Jaguars! posted:

Get a Dogo Argentino or Rhodesian Ridgeback :getin:

that first one looks like a swole version of chance from homeward bound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Vasudus posted:

Why are boxers on there? They are infamous for being softies, and were specifically bred so that they can't do damaging bites - their jaw allows them to lock on and hold, but they can't get their back teeth in the shear.