Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
I've got an uncatalyzed ballistica at level 23 and it's pretty underwhelming. I almost always end up using the burst because the charge time is so long for the damage it does, so the gimmick is kinda wasted, and it ends up being a (somehow) shittier sicarus. The only time I bother to take a charged shot is against a single heavy, to take advantage of the charged shot's higher crit chance and that weak point crits do quadruple damage (compared to non-crits' double damage). But I can only bother to do that because a lone heavy is such a non-threat anyway. I could take them out in any number of ways that wouldn't require me to break momentum.

And its base polarity sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!
Is the embolist the same as the ignis in that the pistol equivelent of heavy calibur does not have an effect on accuracy?

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
In Damage 1.0 the Boltor was a good newbie weapon because its damage was entirely armor-ignore, except on medium grineer who slightly resisted it. With everything in that system relying on armor amping their effective HP, and the Boltor ignoring armor, you got an effective dps far higher than most other guns with far less modding required. THAT made it a good newbie weapon.

In Damage 2.0 Piercing damage does not ignore armor, which many units still rely on to amp their effective HP, and units that don't have armor have more base hp and potentially resist the Piercing type(infested). With its low base damage, crit, proc, and its main gimmick gone the Boltor is pretty much a poo poo weapon no one should use except for mastery.

The Ballistica was never a really practical weapon but at least it didn't get shafted in base damage with the change, and the charged attack penetrates dudes innately. That's something I guess.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Fire rate mods make the Ballistica's charge-up time a lot more reasonable, but if you don't have any of those yet I guess it may not be the best choice.

I'm kinda biased towards gimmick guns, but maybe that's because I've already unlocked most of the map and have a lot of mods and don't really feel the need to be going for optimal DPS all the time. If you want pure effectiveness, Ballistica may not be the best choice, but I think it's fun.

Also worth noting that the gimmick on the burst fire is that it recoils horizontally instead of vertically.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So what mods should I be using on my Paris aside from Thunderbolt? I've got it to level 8ish now and am getting to the point where I'm able to actually start doing mods on it.

Does fire rate increase draw speed?

As far as elements go, looking at the damage 2.0 charts on the wiki, it looks like either Fire, Magnetic, or Corrosive seem to be ideal as there is nothing resistant to those types, only weak. I don't have a toxin mod but I can do potentially magnetic and fire, which between that and the piercing on the physical side of the weapon would get me reasonable to good damage against most any kind of enemy I encounter.

Also, I've only got off-polarity auras for my Ash, and at that I'm limited to Sniper or Pistol Scavenger or -Armor. I've leveled up the -armor and have been using that in as an off-polarity item. Should I just hold out and hope I get a +energy regen card and polarity shift ash into it or am I good just sticking with -armor for the time being?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

DeathSandwich posted:

So what mods should I be using on my Paris aside from Thunderbolt? I've got it to level 8ish now and am getting to the point where I'm able to actually start doing mods on it.

Aside from the usual Split Chamber and Serration, crit rate and damage are also highly recommended. And yeah, fire rate helps a bunch with the draw speed.

Edit: for auras, just use what you've got for now. I've never bothered blowing a forma on an aura slot. If you happen into a Rifle Amp, switch to that instead.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Nov 27, 2013

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
The Steam Autum sale just started and the Warframe packs are 50% off. I have no idea if they are going to go any lower though.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230410/

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
Just downloaded this game, and messing about a bit. If there is a spot for the PS4 Clan, my PSN is Redmound.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

Yes, and reload speed decreases the time between shots, which can be useful if you want to rapid-fire uncharged arrows to cause more explosions.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

sleeptalker posted:

Yes, and reload speed decreases the time between shots, which can be useful if you want to rapid-fire uncharged arrows to cause more explosions.

Do uncharged bow explosions do as much damage as fully charged shot explosions?

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

Do uncharged bow explosions do as much damage as fully charged shot explosions?

The explosions do, yes. But if you do make contact with an enemy, the shot damage is applied along with the explosion. So if you're going for a group, spam arrows. If single target, charge attack.

A bow with thunderbolt has to be my favorite weapon combination in the game. It's so versatile up to a certain level, and now that explosions do Blast damage, you also have a chance to knock down those caught in the blast. From what I can tell, blast proc as an AOE, so even if you only proc on one, nearby mobs can still get knocked down.

Dapper Man fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Nov 27, 2013

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Quick question: What missions types drop Ember and/or Trinity parts? Cannot seem to find it on the wiki.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Kortel posted:

Quick question: What missions types drop Ember and/or Trinity parts? Cannot seem to find it on the wiki.

Bosses. Vay Hek for Trinity, Sargas Ruk for Ember, both as end-of-mission rewards.

OMGLASERPEWPEWPEW
Dec 17, 2005
PEWPEWPEWPEWPEW PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

Lawlicaust posted:

Running a bunch of Void/Derelicts on PS4 tonight. Send me a message if you want to join in. PSN: aDiscreteCoonjob

Oooh pick me!

Gestalt88

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
http://ow.ly/i/3Rfxq/original

yeah this sounds like a good idea. Also, update:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/139326-update-1110/

Update 11.1.0

ADDITIONS:
New Weapon: CERNOS Tenno Hunting bow
Dual Kamas added to the Market
Aklex (Akimbo Lex pistols) added to the Market

CHANGES:
Melee Auto-Targeting System:
Allow more customization based on player preference.
Add Settings for Auto-lock (Melee Assist), attack toward character facing or camera (Align Attacks To Camera)
Auto-turning the camera to face the target (Camera Tracks Melee Target)
Do smooth turns when attacking away from a melee target.
Updated Gram skin to match faction style better. This is automatic, all your Grams are updated!
Microphone sampling rate changed to 48KHz (from 8KHz) for dramatically improved VOIP (in-game chat).
Visibility improvements made to sniper scopes.
Improved networking code to work around the OS delaying network port reuse; previously some users were forced to use arbitrary ports which rendered UPnP or manual port-forwards useless and prevented connections.
Improved Codex AI display for mod drops.
Survival Missions will now allow the replenishing of Life Support if the bar hits 0% while a player is activating a life support capsule.
Survival Mission enemy level scaling changes.
Flipped positions of timer and broadcast/defense elements when displaying overlay map.
Offer to sell more slots to user if none left when attempting to claim or rush a Foundry item, followed by offer to buy platinum from store if user has insufficient amount.
Removed tooltip for daily sign-in reward, and added text field that states it when the roll is finished.
Alad V - increased Single Player level cap. Zanuka scaling matches Alad's. AI minions spawn a little less frequently.
Alad V - Added some jump actions on the exterior catwalks for Zanuka to get back to the main platform.
Improved handling of AI that get hung up or stuck.
Adding kick and punch events to stealth finisher animations.
Increased the speed of the social tabs flashing when they have unread messages.
Reduced effectiveness of the interaction between Rage/Quick Thinking mods to prevent indefinite immortality in all game modes.
The QuickThinking mod no longer saves you from suicide damage.
Chat - Hold onto the current user list scroll bar position when the user list is refreshed, instead of always being snapped back to the top of the list.
Require movement to do an auto-vault (like we do for wallrunning).
Added the new capture objective rooms to Orokin Void and Derelicts.
Disabled scanner in training levels.
Added gamepad support to Trading.
New Corpus Survival and Defense squads using new U11 enemy types.
Private conversation tabs will now have their chat histories persist through multiple game sessions.
Alad V – can no longer be pushed/pulled/bounced.
Mouse scroll input is now eaten by the Social Menu when it's maximized and the mouse is hovering over the social menu.
Volt’s blueprints added to Mission Reward tables. We would like to clarify here that the original U11 notes suggested that his former Boss, J3Golem, would be dropping them in systemic invasions. This is no longer the case, and his parts can be found by playing various missions.

FIXES:
Fixed issue where players knocked into bleedout while using Codex Scanner would lose weapon firing functionality until revived.
Fixed reported issues related to Codex.
Fixed Mire not dealing poison damage on its own.
Fixed issue that made some mods un-tradable.
Fixed enemy pain barks that were not playing.
Fixed enemies that would fire after death.
Fixed enemies killed by Rhino’s Stomp being suspended for eternity in slow motion death.
Fixed issues with Alad V boss fight and teleportation after falling off level.
Fixed issue with Tigris where second shot would be fired upon melee, weapon switch, landing a jump, or roll dodging. Performing any of these actions will now cancel the loaded shot from semi automatic behaviour.
Fixed reported issue of Nova’s Wormhole ability being too high when used above her head.
Fixed issues related to dead enemies hanging around on clients.
Fixed knockdown resist mods not working for clients in some situations.

Fixed: The effect of puncture damage mods being inconsistent:
-The dual stat mod now increases existing puncture damage, as intended
-Reworded the text for damage increasing mods to possibly make it clearer

Fixed rich presence updates failing when the contact list was resized to include more users.

Fixed some client / host issues with the Capture missions:
-lock the session if all targets are captured or escaped
-made the bounds of the capture context action larger.
-Added ragdoll injury handlers to the capture target to support some more Warframe powers.

Fixed some enemies not dying when taking magnetic damage.
Fixed Mods upgrade screen to remember last sorting choice.
Fixed mod sorting issues when using Price and Recent filters.
Fixed Trading UI to display only “tradeable” mods.
Fixed the social menu flashing when it receives messages from the chat history of a tab.
Fixed color customization that would not be saved if you transitioned between screens.
Fixed the chat area fill position getting set incorrectly if we're not in the Social menu Chat tab and a new private conversation/session tab is created.
Fixed issue where Capture target does not stay downed after a host migration.
Fixed Mobile Defense dioramas to make sure 1st player always holds datamass in diorama.
Fixed cases where users with names beginning with '-' or a digit would receive all whispers in one chat panel.
Fixed Corpus security lasers to force knockdown as design intended.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

efb

Pneumatic Toaster
Mar 23, 2008
drat, I already potato'd and double forma'd my Lex.

But hell yes, Aklex.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I can't really see a good reason to build dual lexes. The reason you use that gun is for accurate headshots, not pumping bullets into mans. Vastos are closer to the pump bullets side and even for them duals are at best a sidegrade. And hey, another bow nobody is going to care about because bows suck.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 28, 2013

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Denzine posted:

Fixed Corpus security lasers to force knockdown as design intended.

Well drat.

Ferrovanadium
Mar 22, 2013

APEX PREDATOR

-MOST AMMUNITION EXPENDED ON CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT
-WORST KDR VS CIVILIANS 2015-PRESENT

Male Man posted:

Well drat.

I come back to this game just in time to find out they "fixed" my biggest pet peeve with this game :v:

Oh well, I'll still play it anyways because I cannot resist pink cyborg space ninja action.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Hey, here's another 'what the hell am I doing?' posts. I played for a decent chunk right when the open beta came out, then drifted off when I hit rank 30 on a few things and didn't want to grind up from the low levels again. Picking it back up now for some mindless manshooting after work. I got in the clan, made a key, and wandered around in the dojo for a little while last night copying blueprints -- I didn't mess anything up by doing that, right?

Anyway, I'm mastery three (vaguely close to 4) and I've got-
Excalibur prime, rank 9
Volt, rank 13
Nyx, rank 30

Burston 30
Boltor 2

Lex 30
Lato Vandal 11
Twin Vipers 12

Cronus 23
Furax 23

I still have missions to do everywhere so I'm not lacking in levels to unlock, but is there anything in particular here that I should be focusing on? Apparently the boltor is now awful so I should replace it with one of the clan weapons? Is weapon choice mainly a matter of what looks cool or should I be worried about min / maxxing already?

Also, I tried using my controller to play and wanted to swap the bindings of crouch and use (crouch is click right stick and use is X button) but it seemed to be bugged and wouldn't let me change the X binding (it would just flicker and go back to Use.) Is this a known thing or was I messing something up? Does using a controller make me awful? It seems like this is a reasonable enough game for couch-playing.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I really hope Darvo becomes a regular friend.

"Oh they locked you out. How cute."
"A security team is coming. It's the Grin... No wait. It's the Corpus, definitely the Corpus."

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

NmareBfly posted:

Also, I tried using my controller to play and wanted to swap the bindings of crouch and use (crouch is click right stick and use is X button) but it seemed to be bugged and wouldn't let me change the X binding (it would just flicker and go back to Use.) Is this a known thing or was I messing something up? Does using a controller make me awful? It seems like this is a reasonable enough game for couch-playing.

Once upon a time DE tried to put reload and use on the same key. It didn't work and the x button only recognized the use command. I imagine they did some dome stuff and now use can only be on the x button or something equally retarded like that. Besides RS is pretty fine for crouching as a toggle.

e: use volt and focus on giving him as much power strength as possible, he is incredibly fun to use right now

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

NmareBfly posted:

Hey, here's another 'what the hell am I doing?' posts. I played for a decent chunk right when the open beta came out, then drifted off when I hit rank 30 on a few things and didn't want to grind up from the low levels again. Picking it back up now for some mindless manshooting after work. I got in the clan, made a key, and wandered around in the dojo for a little while last night copying blueprints -- I didn't mess anything up by doing that, right?

I still have missions to do everywhere so I'm not lacking in levels to unlock, but is there anything in particular here that I should be focusing on? Apparently the boltor is now awful so I should replace it with one of the clan weapons? Is weapon choice mainly a matter of what looks cool or should I be worried about min / maxxing already?

The blueprints from the dojo can be copied an unlimited number of times. You actually have to for the various components (Fieldron/Detonie/Mutagen).

I'd just focus on getting everything up to 30 and try to constantly be getting new warframes as they're the single largest individual contributors to your mastery and also generally the easiest thing to level. What I would usually do is farm one, set it to building, then use that frame to farm the next one. Depending on how hard you poopsock you can generally keep your warframes constantly gobbling up experience.

As for weapons, a good general strategy is to keep at least one 'good' gun while you level a crappier one. The crappy one will sponge up experience (at a slightly lower rate because it relies on your alies for kills; any kills by your other weapons or your skills give it nothing) until it has room for a few mods to make it not so terrible. There is nothing worse than using three lovely weapons at once (Vectis, Cestra, Lecta and a low-level sentinel :gonk: ).

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

NmareBfly posted:

Hold down the button when you select it, then close the menu. That worked for my controller at least anyway. For some reason that button was bound as a shortcut for "reset to defaults". So every time I tried to change it, it would just reset all of my key bindings when I let go of the button. You may also want to check to see if any of your keyboard bindings have changed.

RADmadness
Feb 17, 2011
Has anyone managed to kill the Stalker since update 11?

Once upon a time you could do it without cheesing (Orokin void seems to be missing tall crates) but now I find it literally impossible. The fucker killed me from full health and shields during a Rhino charge. Must have been in his range for less than 0.2 seconds and he just 1 shots me as I fly past. Any other time he's showed up it's been against a pubbie and they decided to stick around and fight so those weren't fruitful either.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
He didn't appear for me yet, even though i farmed both new bosses a lot. The only exception was the current 'event' mission where he appears, but I guess he's dumped down on purpose for that, cause he only took two full blasts from my once formaed level 22 Tigris and had enough.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

I killed him since U11 once. It was a Nova with Quick Thinking / Rage, so technically, he killed me about a hundred times while the other three guys dumped ammo into him, but I still think cheesing QT/Rage counts as a win....right? ...right?

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

RADmadness posted:

Once upon a time you could do it without cheesing (Orokin void seems to be missing tall crates) but now I find it literally impossible. The fucker killed me from full health and shields during a Rhino charge. Must have been in his range for less than 0.2 seconds and he just 1 shots me as I fly past. Any other time he's showed up it's been against a pubbie and they decided to stick around and fight so those weren't fruitful either.

Well I feel a little less like a loser now, I got jumped by that thing today (I started playing on Tuesday) and it kicked my rear end.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

RADmadness posted:

I was only able to kill him by popping my ridiculously long-lasting and otherwise useless Absorb while my teammates just pumped shots into him.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Sputnik posted:

I killed him since U11 once. It was a Nova with Quick Thinking / Rage, so technically, he killed me about a hundred times while the other three guys dumped ammo into him, but I still think cheesing QT/Rage counts as a win....right? ...right?

It will if you do it again. The latest update nerfed that combo. :v:

Apolysis
Oct 6, 2013
Spoiler tag in use, out of courtesy.

Stalker now has a Codex Entry.

Here is the text dump of it, if you'd rather just read it here.

NAME:STALKER
FACTION:STALKER
SHIELDS:200
ARMOR:50
HEALTH:450
SCANS:3/3

I am your reckoning!

DROPS
DREAD BLUEPRINT
Slash Dash
DESPAIR BUEPRINT
HATE BLUEPRINT
Heavy Impact
Molten Impact
Serration
Focus
Melee Channel
OROKIN CELL

Some have walked these desolate worlds while you slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent. They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat range a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins. I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent.

In regards to the Quick Thinking and Rage nerf. I am not sure what they have done, but instead of being honest and upfront about the nerf (such as reducing the % of the mods or somesuch?) they have fiddled with the interaction in such a way to render it useless for practical survival purposes without stating what it is that they did. I am either downed or left at 2 hp and some small amount of energy (sometimes 15) when Quick Thinking is triggered. I have no qualms with nerfing such a powerful combo but this just seems stupid. They didn't nerf it; they broke it.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
It's like reading an angsty kid's deviantart fanfic.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
New Gram looks way better. Too bad it's still a pretty mediocre weapon.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
So Tenno are just biologically/mechanically augmented Orokin humans?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

amuayse posted:

Excaliber's entry gives something of an answer, assuming the Orokin were humans.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

amuayse posted:

The Void is basically the Warp from WH40K.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
So basically the Orokin were losing a galactic war against an implacable enemy. In order to fight against it, they stuffed a bunch of horribly mutated rejects who were exposed to the void due to Orokin experimentation. After the Tenno won the war for the Orokin, they proceeded to overthrow the empire and kill their erstwhile masters.

Hah.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Have you seen how much gold Orokin stuff uses? To the Tenno, that's like being a shark in a pool of blood. Of course they're going to lose their poo poo and kill everyone when you put them in the middle of a giant crowd for a public celebration.

:black101: THEY'RE ALL FULL OF PLAT GET THEM

Well, this certainly explains why the Corpus keep calling us Betrayers. Now, how about the Sentients, the low Guardians, and that new non-faction silhouette in the codex...

E: Turns out that silhouette is the Grineer Target.

Fish Noise fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Nov 28, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Dezztroy posted:

New Gram looks way better. Too bad it's still a pretty mediocre weapon.

I'm not sure how I feel about the inventory icon not looking like the SRTT dildo bat anymore.