Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cadfael
Nov 7, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ0a9Waa_aw

This is more like it! This thread has been too negative at times, congratulations Jozy on a well deserved award imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I love the goals where any decent defender or keeper would've stopped them. All of them. They were all great.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
oof that leap at 18 seconds

Is that a free kick from Jozy, woof woof

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Scott Bakula posted:

Really unfair to Brad Guzan imo

Holy poo poo this is a true statement from this guy.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

What about Tim Howard

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

What about Tim Howard

He was pretty poo poo last year mate.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Shrapnac posted:

He was pretty poo poo last year mate.

He's got a cool beard though and I'd vote for him

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

He's got a cool beard though and I'd vote for him

We all know your beard stance Ash with a 5.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
This is a very amusing development

Modus Trollens
Sep 12, 2010

cadfael posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQ0a9Waa_aw

This is more like it! This thread has been too negative at times, congratulations Jozy on a well deserved award imo.

this would be like Peter Crouch winning the Ballon D'or for scoring a bunch of goals against garbagemen in qualifiers and friendlies

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

According to UEFA, this love the Dutch league up into the top 3 in Europe. "Us athlete of the year" means they get 4 champions league spaces next year.

If he had scored at Sunderland, as I understand it they would have automatically entered the Champions league at the last 16 for the next 5 years.

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!
Aside from Guzan I don't even know who deserves that award. All of our players are pretty poo poo. Probably gave it to Jozy to try to give him some confidence or some poo poo who knows.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Are Americans incapable of referring to things by the same name as anyone else? Why is it not player of the year?

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Big Jozy Knew posted:

Are Americans incapable of referring to things by the same name as anyone else? Why is it not player of the year?

Why would we be voting on ladies man of the year

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

80085 posted:

Aside from Guzan I don't even know who deserves that award. All of our players are pretty poo poo. Probably gave it to Jozy to try to give him some confidence or some poo poo who knows.

Michael Bradley

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Jota posted:

Michael Bradley

Yes he is our best player but what has he really done on club level over the last year?

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

80085 posted:

Yes he is our best player but what has he really done on club level over the last year?

Scored a goal in a real league

Ho Chi Meeeeee
Jun 13, 2008

let me shovel out your brains
hang my image in your skull
so I can be the vision
in your nightmares from now on
Bradley is a proper player and the key figure in the US set up without him the US wouldn't win a game at the world cup

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Geoff Cameron

Mar 19, 2001

Dos a cero!

Byolante posted:

Geoff Cameron

Good call I'm with this guy

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Altidore is NICE!!!!!!!!! Stop saying he needs to improve at Sunderland, THEY SUCK! No service, no midfield, they are terrible, and they leave him up there against EPL players who foul the sh(( out of him ALL GAME LONG.

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Altidore is NICE!!!!!!!!! Stop saying he needs to improve at Sunderland, THEY SUCK! No service, no midfield, they are terrible, and they leave him up there against EPL players who foul the sh(( out of him ALL GAME LONG.

Fake and gay.

Crunkjuice
Apr 4, 2007

That could've gotten in my eye!
*launches teargas at unarmed protestors*

I THINK OAKLAND PD'S USE OF EXCESSIVE FORCE WAS JUSTIFIED!

Big Jozy Knew posted:

Because abby wambach would beat jozy for that award legitimately.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Haggis Heed posted:

Fake and gay.

It's real. It's drat real.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
Happy Turkey Day, Jozy!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
lets give thanks for jozy's fat arse and terrible goalscoring

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

lets give thanks for jozy's fat arse and terrible goalscoring

I don't think Sunderland fans are thankful for this.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Insha allah jozy will score.

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

80085 posted:

merely wearing a sunderland shirt tips it jozys way ahah

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I have gone along with this thread's negativity and need to constantly put Josmer down, even though he is a young and dynamic player with loads of potential, simply because he hasn't been scoring (but he will soon). But one thing I cannot abide anymore, and that's people calling Josmer fat. He's a buff and swollen individual, born with a great physical gift, and that is steering people into misjudging his weight, but I have done my research and most sources agree that he weighs around 72 kg, as you can also see here, at most around 80 kg. Now I don't know what insane world you deluded Josmer haters are living in, but doing some calculations with the widely recognized BMI (Body mass index) formula, Josmer has the perfect weight for an athlete with his height. This ends the "Jozy is fat" myth propagated in this thread, and soon Josmer will end the "bad player" whisperings, if his USA Athlete of the Year award didn't already. Happy Thanksgiving, bitches.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Jozy is a right porker. Too fat to score.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
'Oink, Oink' -Jozy Altidore

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He's a lazy poo poo for sure

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jozy is definitely swole op, I agree

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
He is a big fat fraud.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
I'm picturing Jozy with the rest of the extended Altidore clan this Thanksgiving, and he gets picked to pull the wish bone against one of his 5-year-old cousins, and he's wishing so
bad for a goal or two in the next match, and his cousin immediately pulls off the big half hahahaha great laughs.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I think he's thinking more about how much turkey he can possibly eat vs goals tbqh

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Would Jozy like another cream cake?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

If Jozy had to choose between scoring for Sunderland and a Gregg's pasty, which would he choose?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Haggis Heed posted:

If Jozy had to choose between scoring for Sunderland and a Gregg's pasty, which would he choose?

I think it would depend on the filling.

• Locked thread