Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

I am so sorry to hear this, Diog.

Losing a beloved companion is the worst and I hope you begin to feel better soon. Please don't worry about resuming until you're ready to deal with our goony-madness again; everyone understands not wanting to mess around for awhile after losing a pet.

I will give my dog a belly rub on your behalf. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Sorry to hear that Diogenes. I'll keep an eye out for any dog shaped wisps of cloud or smoke.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*

Diogines posted:

Worry not, for Snarls is safe, or at least in no more in danger than you usually put him in, but my 17 year old dog(whose issues I have been dealing with for a few days) just died. I am going to need a few more days till we resume.

I'm sorry Dio. It's always hard to lose a pet. :( Take your time.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry to hear that Dio. I know how tough that can be. No rush, we're not going anywhere :)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sorry about your dog, Diog. :(

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010
No rush! Please take all the time you need, I'm sorry about your loss :(

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

Diogines posted:

Worry not, for Snarls is safe, or at least in no more in danger than you usually put him in, but my 17 year old dog(whose issues I have been dealing with for a few days) just died. I am going to need a few more days till we resume.

Well, poo poo. No hurry, dude, take your time - entertaining Internet strangers ranks pretty low on the list of life priorities, or should do anyhow.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Lost a pet today too man, feel your pain. :( No rush.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Okay, that does it. Preemptively voting to make chitin armor out of the scorpion carcass for Snarls ASAP. I'm sorry for your loss DarkCrawler.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

There Bias Two posted:

Okay, that does it. Preemptively voting to make chitin armor out of the scorpion carcass for Snarls ASAP.

Christ this is an excellent idea.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

There Bias Two posted:

Okay, that does it. Preemptively voting to make chitin armor out of the scorpion carcass for Snarls ASAP. I'm sorry for your loss DarkCrawler.

Dog Barding :getin:

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Snarls already can't keep up with us burdened only with the weight of his own wrinkly skin; I doubt he'll manage too well under a bunch of armor.

Deadly Ham Sandwich
Aug 19, 2009
Smellrose

Theglavwen posted:

Snarls already can't keep up with us burdened only with the weight of his own wrinkly skin; I doubt he'll manage too well under a bunch of armor.

If that scorpion chitin is light enough, it could work. Even with armor, I don't want Snarls to fight. He still would look cool.

I just want to dress up Snarls and Enkidu in silly outfits.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Perfectly logical poster who uses the tools available to him to come to solid conclusions

Dog Armour.

:getin:

spacetimecontinuu
Dec 31, 2004
Sorry for your loss Diogenes. We are here for you.

I reach for a carrot.

Save Target As
Oct 13, 2008

We'll hold the gate until you're back Diog. Take your time :)

^^Yes please dog armor for Snarls later.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

DarkCrawler posted:

Lost a pet today too man, feel your pain. :( No rush.

Sorry to hear that Darkwater.

I had hoped to update tonight. I did not go to work and spent most of the day in bed because I am sick, so it has been a pretty poor week all around. I am still eager to continue the game, ideally we will do so tomorrow, if not maybe Friday, we will not be having a prolonged break, give it another day or two.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Diogines posted:

Dear <NMAE>, we regret to inform you that your beloved <SPCIEES>, <PET NAME> has died.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

my dad posted:

Dear <NMAE>, we regret to inform you that your beloved <SPCIEES>, <PET NAME> has died.

Dear Grandma, we regret to inform you that your beloved Human, Grandpa has died. :(

This is the saddest game of adlibs ever.

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree
Man, that sucks. I'm sorry for all you guys.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Diogines posted:

I had hoped to update tonight. I did not go to work and spent most of the day in bed because I am sick, so it has been a pretty poor week all around. I am still eager to continue the game, ideally we will do so tomorrow, if not maybe Friday, we will not be having a prolonged break, give it another day or two.

Voting that Diog takes however much time he needs and doesn't feel obligated to jump back to things. Because let's all admit it, we aren't going anywhere.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Voting Diog immediately jumps back into things so I can read an update while riding a Turkey and cranberry sauce high.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Voting Diog dons a tutu and does a tap dance on youtube.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Angela Christine posted:

This.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Angela Christine posted:

Sure. He does have to do it if the vote wins, right?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
It sucks losing a friend like that. Sorry to hear it Diog, you should take your time.

Angela Christine posted:

The mob has spoken.

Big Bug Hug
Nov 19, 2002
I'm with stupid*
Voting for plan Angela Christine!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Voting for everyone to have a happy thanksgiving and not have Diog literally put on a song and dance for us.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

There Bias Two posted:

Voting for everyone to have a happy thanksgiving and not have Diog literally put on a song and dance for us.

Voting to not listen to this guy, also Thanksgiving was, like, a month and a half ago.

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Theglavwen posted:

Voting to not listen to this guy, also Thanksgiving was, like, a month and a half ago.

My brother-in-style is Canadian! What! I feel so...betrayed.

(Also a strange craving for poutine. But mostly betrayed.)

Voting Thomn and Sogol dance for us instead of Diog, in penance for making us read so many :bravo2: What do those two guys think this is, a text based game??

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

FoxTerrier posted:

(Canadian and British, actually :ssh:, spend a lot of time bouncing back and forth. Either one works, but the point still stands!* Don't know if that makes it more or less of a betrayal though ...)

(*Canadian 'Thanksgiving' is just the same sort of 'giving thanks' Harvest festival you get historically in the UK, and that people have been having in Europe for ages. Only the States took it, moved it a month backwards and made it about something else entirely! :eng101:)

Basically, I'll vote for dancing, whoever's doing it.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

FoxTerrier posted:

Voting Thomn and Sogol dance for us instead of Diog, in penance for making us read so many :bravo2: What do those two guys think this is, a text based game??

Gee, I'd sure hate to be that Thomn person, then!

(It's weird that people seem to keep misspelling it. It's just four letters, and all it is is "Tom" with an "n" at the end, yet somehow people keep misremembering it in some fashion or other. Is it really that bizarre?)

Also voting that whoever dances is not to don a tutu and do a tap dance.

He should wear Enkidu's fancy clothes instead and it should be a haka.

(All joking aside, take your time, Diog - the Internet will not self-immolate because you failed to update due to personal issues.)

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Is there a gate we can hold to make Diog feel better?

FoxTerrier
Feb 15, 2012

Tomn posted:

Gee, I'd sure hate to be that Thomn person, then!

(It's weird that people seem to keep misspelling it. It's just four letters, and all it is is "Tom" with an "n" at the end, yet somehow people keep misremembering it in some fashion or other. Is it really that bizarre?)

So...what you're saying is that you won't dance for us? :(

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I am going to call you Thomn now. I pronounce it Th-omn in my head. It's really amusing.

Basscop
Jun 4, 2010

Lightnin? HA! Thats a good 'un!
Now why dontcha
come o'er here and
GET

IN

MY

BELLY!!!
Nobody is going through with what was voted for? What about democracy?

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Vote we add an 'h' after the first letter of each username that doesn't already have an h there.

Thomn, FhoxTerrier, Bhasscop, Thsyni, Shoylent Pudding, see, it's great!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It doesn't change yours! This isn't fair! :argh:

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

paragon1 posted:

It doesn't change yours! This isn't fair! :argh:

Ahahaha!

Pharagon1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShotgunWillie
Aug 30, 2005

a sexy automaton -