Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

McSlaughter posted:

Any advice/builds for general warrior PvE/WvW? I run greatsword and currently have level 80 rare PTV stats.

You probably want to start focusing on getting some more aggressive gear (berserker) of exotic quality.

The 'best' way to get all exotics, at least in terms of gold gained/time spent/bullets eaten is to run the easy dungeon paths once a day. CoF 1+2, HotW 1, AC 1+3, SE 1+3, are all pretty farmable. You could get a mix of Berserker/Knight/Soldier that way in a week and have enough gold to buy runes/jewels. Ideally you want berserker, or 'full zerker' as it is known to pubbies and select goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSlaughter
Sep 12, 2013

"Kill white people and get paid for it? What's not to like?"

ItBurns posted:

You probably want to start focusing on getting some more aggressive gear (berserker) of exotic quality.

The 'best' way to get all exotics, at least in terms of gold gained/time spent/bullets eaten is to run the easy dungeon paths once a day. CoF 1+2, HotW 1, AC 1+3, SE 1+3, are all pretty farmable. You could get a mix of Berserker/Knight/Soldier that way in a week and have enough gold to buy runes/jewels. Ideally you want berserker, or 'full zerker' as it is known to pubbies and select goons.

I have a full set of COF Berserker's armor with Ruby Orbs and used to run COF P1 a LOT way back when. I was wondering if there was any other way that people play Warriors nowadays, as I've heard a lot about shout healing and what not and was curious about getting into that. If Berserker's is still the primary way to go, what traits are used now?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

McSlaughter posted:

I have a full set of COF Berserker's armor with Ruby Orbs and used to run COF P1 a LOT way back when. I was wondering if there was any other way that people play Warriors nowadays, as I've heard a lot about shout healing and what not and was curious about getting into that. If Berserker's is still the primary way to go, what traits are used now?

Yeah I realized you weren't a newbie after I posted that. I think it really comes down to whether or not you want to swap between GS and Axe or just stay in GS, since you'll need Fast Hands to run the swap build. I have 0/25/15/0/30, but I'd probably swap to 30/25/15/0/0 if I had all ascended, since the 30 in Discipline for Heightened Focus doesn't make sense once you get over 65% crit. You could drop down to 15 in Discipline just for fast hands and drop Adrenal Health to get Berserker's Power instead, but at that point it might make more sense to just stick with GS. I'm sure it's only a few percent either way.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Nov 28, 2013

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012

Sole.Sushi posted:

SFD has also had an ongoing policy since fractals were introduced that if you want to do fractals, it doesn't matter what level you are. Are you level 1? Let's do it. Are you the only person with no AR at all in a group? Everyone does something you can handle.
Fractals, more than any other dungeon, create an atmosphere of elitism and exclusion, so we go out of our way to make sure you won't get left behind if you really want to take part of it.

So how do fractals work? i was under the impression I have to be 80. I got a 62 warrior I would like to try out Fractals with at some point and would gladly start now if I don't have to wait till 80

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Guest2553 posted:

I want to like this game but the last patch is ruining it for me. Want to do 10+ fractals? Need AR. Want AR? Need ascended gear. Want ascended gear? Need significant time or gold investments. Getting locked out of some of the more interesting content because my endgame has been pretty princess dressup is demoralizing and is giving me second thoughts about playing.

Am I thinking about this the wrong way or something? I get that there are other things to do but when 'play how you want' starts getting disclaimers my interest wanes. Help!

Image kinda related...they came for my fractals :(

You're in SFD so it doesn't matter anyway, you won't get excluded.

With the new bosses AR only becomes an issue at 30+.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So how do fractals work? i was under the impression I have to be 80. I got a 62 warrior I would like to try out Fractals with at some point and would gladly start now if I don't have to wait till 80

Fractals are pretty much a series of "mini" dungeons. It upscales you, so as long as you have the traits/skills you want and have a cohesive set of equipment you will be fine for at least the first 10 difficulty levels as long as your group knows what they're doing and is willing to put up with you while you learn (generally most goons).

jjac
Jun 12, 2007

What time is it?!

Guest2553 posted:

I want to like this game but the last patch is ruining it for me. Want to do 10+ fractals? Need AR. Want AR? Need ascended gear. Want ascended gear? Need significant time or gold investments. Getting locked out of some of the more interesting content because my endgame has been pretty princess dressup is demoralizing and is giving me second thoughts about playing.

Am I thinking about this the wrong way or something? I get that there are other things to do but when 'play how you want' starts getting disclaimers my interest wanes. Help!

Image kinda related...they came for my fractals :(

You're not locked out of content at all, the fractals you see after level 10 are all the same except harder.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
Being locked out is the content, you see.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Tiny Chalupa posted:

Fractals upscale you to 80, unfortunately the XP rewards are lackluster but you can still play em fine. Starting at fractal lvl 10+ bosses have an extra attack that does more damage the higher you go at around lvl 30 it will kill you if you don't have a resistance to it. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony

1-19 is fine with 0 resist.
20-29 is slightly harder but in an SFD group you'll be fine, you might die alot if you're newish.
30+ This is mainly for the "hardcore crowd" You'll want some resist now that there is more than one boss or have others scrape you off the Molten boss floor.

Past lvl 10 nothing really changes so it's mainly for people who want a challenge.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Visidan posted:

Fractals upscale you to 80, unfortunately the XP rewards are lackluster but you can still play em fine. Starting at fractal lvl 10+ bosses have an extra attack that does more damage the higher you go at around lvl 30 it will kill you if you don't have a resistance to it. http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony

1-19 is fine with 0 resist.
20-29 is slightly harder but in an SFD group you'll be fine, you might die alot if you're newish.
30+ This is mainly for the "hardcore crowd" You'll want some resist now that there is more than one boss or have others scrape you off the Molten boss floor.

Past lvl 10 nothing really changes so it's mainly for people who want a challenge.

I dunno if I'd say "nothing", some higher-level fractals give enemies knockbacks that'll send you sailing off the edges to your death. It's just a matter of swapping in stuff like stability and reflection, though.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Please don't ruin any surprise that would push people off cliffs.

On the subject of surprises, this won't surprise anyone.

Arus bought the heavy flame armour in addition to the medium.

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Nov 28, 2013

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Visidan posted:

I want everyone to know that I am being framed here and I am an innocent man.

Gollom
Mar 5, 2007
I pawned the precious

Jetamo posted:

A dataminer on reddit has found what appears to be a new Legendary weapon - and it's a staff.

Also bikini armour but who cares about that.

http://imgur.com/a/kA5bU

That staff looks awesome. But I don't want to stop using Kasmeer's staff. Can I run as a Staff/Staff mesmer? I'm terrible no matter what weapons I use, I may as well be pretty.

Turncoat Mommy
Oct 3, 2010

I believe in you.

Visidan posted:

Gasp, scandal.

weinus
Mar 4, 2004

I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

McSlaughter posted:

Shout heals in PvE are kind of meh, healing signet is the equivalent of a shout heal every 4s. Most warriors just go full zerk with 30/25/0/0/15, axe/mace + greatsword http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-s;4NKkO0P4BL-60;9;4TO;0E48A49;55;0e-V9ScH6udbTudbTn-FW0-LWZVYs71061B2E3M4R52o-G-2i;9;9;9;9;9;9;0VRs4E

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen

McSlaughter posted:

I run with mace+shield/hammer on my warrior with Soldier gear and for the time being berserker accessories, with traits distributed 30/0/30/10/0. With slot skills I can throw out 8 stuns/dazes/knockdowns and I've generated 25 stacks of Might from the "gain Might when you block an attack" trait. I've been running dungeons with it for a long time and the only time I have problems are when everyone else is already down so I'm the only target.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.
Man I hope I get enough free time in the next week to actually play this content. School is killing me right now.

Anyway, I heard they adjusted fractal rewards. What level is the best for ring farming? Or at least when it starts?

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Forgall posted:

I did all of those things.
I was probably the one who did the best in the laser maze (and eventually worked out how to deal with it), but I eventually fell through the floor in the boss fight by dodging off a disappearing platform into a hole :v:.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
I was Kireschi last night, better known as That Necromancer Who Took Fifteen Minutes On The Stupid Jumping Puzzle.

Right as we started the security robot boss, my hard drive died. It is probably bricked.

So yes. First the jumping puzzle got me, then it took me a while to learn the stair-lasers, then I got killed at the top of the stair-lasers by Hilarious Bullshit, then the fractal destroyed my hard drive.

I take it back, Swamp Fractal. I take it all back. You're fine by me.

Mosthated
Dec 15, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I was Kireschi last night, better known as That Necromancer Who Took Fifteen Minutes On The Stupid Jumping Puzzle.

Right as we started the security robot boss, my hard drive died. It is probably bricked.

So yes. First the jumping puzzle got me, then it took me a while to learn the stair-lasers, then I got killed at the top of the stair-lasers by Hilarious Bullshit, then the fractal destroyed my hard drive.

Oh man that sucks. We were wondering what happened to you. We were able to find a replacement and finish out. Oh and yea work on pressing the spacebar to jump :)

So since your hard drive is dead when are you going to be back up and running? Newegg has some good deals going on right now.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Found a wonderful deal, in fact. Hopefully I'll be falling to my death again by Monday or Tuesday.

Although a replacement keyboard as well, with a more sensitive space bar, will take away some of the magic.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

How do I use bloodstone dust to make an ascended back piece?

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Sprite141 posted:

Anyway, I heard they adjusted fractal rewards. What level is the best for ring farming? Or at least when it starts?

The drop rate for rings in the end chest, anecdotally, appears to be pretty drat high past level 30. As in, close to one ring per run high.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

HaroldofTheRock posted:

Been a while since ive been that low a crafting level but in case you arent aware, you get far more exp by getting discoveries than making a bunch of the same item. So make good use of that discovery tab.

Yeah, this is what I was doing. I thought I had mathed out all the component requirements, so I made components of 12 of each type of weapon (6 types of insignias, 6 types of masterwork insignias), then the basic insignias, then I did discovery on what I had to get my skill to 50 for the masterwork ones, then I found out my ingot count was off and I didn't have enough to make the green dowels for masterwork insignias. So now I have everything I need to make masterwork versions of each type of weapon in each version except the iron, so my inventory is clogged with blade hilts and mace heads and junk. Just need to raise some cash money and/or mine a lot I guess. :saddowns:

sound_again
Jun 19, 2012

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Hey, I'm Fiona Laertes from that group. I was definitely lovely at jumping at one time, so no worries. :)

Hope you're up and running again soon!

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Kessel posted:

The drop rate for rings in the end chest, anecdotally, appears to be pretty drat high past level 30. As in, close to one ring per run high.

Is this since the patch? The rate seems lower and you can get uninfused rings at 30+ now too, so they definitely did something to the drops.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Run fractals until you get enough for an infused capacitor.

Oh wait, you're rich right? Run Fractals until you get a Vial of Condensed Mists Essence. Then get 240 Philosopher Stones/40 Crystals, 50 Ectos and 250 t6 mats of the stats you want. Toss that into the mystic forge and enjoy your pink item.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Nov 29, 2013

Bikini Quilt
Jul 28, 2013
Can I get a recommendation for sigils on a shatter mesmer? I'm eying superior energy since it would let me poop more clones on dodge, but I'm wondering if there are any sigils that interact in interesting ways with clones that I'm not seeing.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Full Fathoms Five posted:

Can I get a recommendation for sigils on a shatter mesmer? I'm eying superior energy since it would let me poop more clones on dodge, but I'm wondering if there are any sigils that interact in interesting ways with clones that I'm not seeing.

Traveler, since mesmers don't do running speed very well

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

SixtySix posted:

:ssh: Those are runes, he's looking for a sigil.

Bikini Quilt
Jul 28, 2013

SixtySix posted:

Yeah, I have traveler runes, I meant sigils for the weapons. I'm running staff and sword / pistol for PvE, switching the s/p for a GS when I do WvW, if that matters.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I was in that run too, as Funmaster Kitten. I enjoyed your falling-down-a-lot antics :) Sucks that your hard drive broke though!

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Full Fathoms Five posted:

Yeah, I have traveler runes, I meant sigils for the weapons. I'm running staff and sword / pistol for PvE, switching the s/p for a GS when I do WvW, if that matters.

I have energy on all of my weapons. That's pretty standard for PvE and PvP, even with a Phantasm build. Either Force/Accuracy or Air/Fire works for the offhand.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

SixtySix posted:

Ruby Orbs. If you're not getting enough swiftness from temporal curtain / party buffs, you're doing something wrong.

Q-sixtysix
Jun 4, 2005

Ghostpilot posted:

:ssh: Those are runes, he's looking for a sigil.

hahah y-yeah, I was just testing you guys :sweatdrop:

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Erdricks posted:

Ruby Orbs. If you're not getting enough swiftness from temporal curtain / party buffs, you're doing something wrong.

They broke the iWarden, so Focus isn't that great.

Rice2MeetYou
Jan 3, 2013

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

It's the same recipe as with a Vial of Condensed Mist Essence, but uses 250 Bloodstone Dust instead of the Vial. So 250 Bloodstone Dust, 40 Crystals/240 Philo Stones, 250 T6 Mats, and 50 Ectos.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

By the by, the new infusion system is a massive piece of poo poo gold sink and I advise goons to not bother with it. Fractals only go up to 50 now an 70 AR minimizes agony as much as it can go.
This is completely necessary though, just get 50 AR and be done with it. At Fractals 50, agony will be dangerous, but you can heal through it and basically play without being instantly downed.

I'm glad this update happened, but they implemented some really terrible ideas that sour the experience.

Oh! Fun news!

Dying on the switches in Dredge now moves your corpse off them.

I really want to know the rational behind this decision. Does the dev team not realize what a kick in the dick this is?

tirinal
Feb 5, 2007

ItBurns posted:

They broke the iWarden, so Focus isn't that great.

Ugh. How?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

tirinal posted:

Ugh. How?

Sometimes it doesn't attack when it spawns. They changed it so that it runs after your target a short distance, so I can only assume that there's something wrong if it spawns too far away or the target dodges when it appears or something. It's pretty random and sparse, so who knows if there's one thing causing it. They actually changed it a few weeks ago to run after your target, but never mentioned it in the patch notes so who knows what it's supposed to do.

The reflects are still great in PvE though so I can live with it. PvP is another story.

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 29, 2013

• Locked thread