Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Dapper Man posted:

They are bringing on a new dedicated UI designer starting in December to overhaul the UI. The first thing he's going to implement is configurable UI scaling.

Thank god. Whoever is currently doing their UI needs to find a job. He/she loving sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Man
Jul 12, 2006

AF posted:

Thank god. Whoever is currently doing their UI needs to find a job. He/she loving sucks

I think it's being done by just whoever has the time to do it. Hopefully having someone be the end all on UI will tighten things up.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Thanks to the new Cernos, I now have a golf bag of bows for every single occasion in the game. All other primary weapons can go into the trash because poo poo just ain't as fun as bows. Paris Prime, here I come.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
Do ragdolls work correctly for impaled enemies now? I have a supercharged Fragor and a Boltor, and I'm sad that the former doesn't ragdoll enemies and the latter has an extremly glitchy enemy pinning animation.

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Kokoro Wish posted:

Thanks to the new Cernos, I now have a golf bag of bows for every single occasion in the game. All other primary weapons can go into the trash because poo poo just ain't as fun as bows. Paris Prime, here I come.

I would love it if they could implement some universal sets so I can switch between a frame and weapons in one click. It since to be able to create multiple per-weapon configs, but now that guns have more specific roles it's not as useful to be able respec them. I'll never use a gun that does 90% of its damage via slash to fight Grineer because that's silly when I can just get some piercing weapons ready.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

WeaponBoy posted:

I would love it if they could implement some universal sets so I can switch between a frame and weapons in one click. It since to be able to create multiple per-weapon configs, but now that guns have more specific roles it's not as useful to be able respec them. I'll never use a gun that does 90% of its damage via slash to fight Grineer because that's silly when I can just get some piercing weapons ready.

Yeah, seriously. With the new UI guy on board here's hoping that gets implemented soon.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 30, 2013

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.

Crowbear posted:

What's your PSN ID?

Murodese

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

Minutes left on this:

WarframeAlerts ‏@WarframeAlerts 1h

Kokabiel (Europa): Defeat Enemy Defense Forces - 77m - 8600cr - Quantum Nova Helmet (Blueprint)

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Is it just me, or can you not sell stuff in your inventory on PS4? It comes up with select quantity and you can use l/r1 to choose how many, but no button works to actually confirm the sale.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Murodese posted:

Is it just me, or can you not sell stuff in your inventory on PS4? It comes up with select quantity and you can use l/r1 to choose how many, but no button works to actually confirm the sale.

Selling stacks is broken, but last I heard you can sell things one at a time.

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Hrm, doesn't seem to work for me.

Don't know why the warframe starter kit isn't on the EU/AU PSN store either :sigh:

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
If I can get an invite to the ps4 goon clan, is be very happy. Sen Id is theultimo .

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
Could I get an invite to the PS4 clan? PSN is demonguard4.

Also I bought a braton with some of my free PS+ credits, but what should I use my remaining 50k credits and 150 plat on? I was thinking about grabbing a carrier with half of the plat.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Grab a carrier and potatoes for your Braton and Warframe and you should be pretty solid for the early game.

Make sure to upgrade your Carrier's Vacuum mod ASAP, the range on it is pitifully low. You'll have to use Fusion Cores for it, unless someone knows how to get Vacuum mods at low levels.

QuantaStarFire fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Nov 30, 2013

Zellyn
Sep 27, 2000

The way he truly is.

Murodese posted:

Hrm, doesn't seem to work for me.

Don't know why the warframe starter kit isn't on the EU/AU PSN store either :sigh:

Probably because of having to run through Sony for everything. Even if Sony has opened their platform dramatically they're still a second layer of interference compared to the PC. Even if you technically run the game through Steam all you're really doing is launching the Warframe launcher which connects to DE's CDN providers so they can drop tiny bits of content, bug fixes, etc. every couple of days.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid

QuantaStarFire posted:

Grab a carrier and potatoes for your Braton and Warframe and you should be pretty solid for the early game.

Make sure to upgrade your Carrier's Vacuum mod ASAP, the range on it is pitifully low. You'll have to use Fusion Cores for it, unless someone knows how to get Vacuum mods at low levels.

Alright, thanks! I picked up the carrier for now, but i'll take a look at the other stuff later. Luckily I've been getting basically only fusion cores to drop, so while I might have no mods for my weapons, I can definitely upgrade this thing.

What are some sort of early/mid game goals? I've been working up through venus towards the boss at the top but I'm not really sure what I should be heading for frame/equipment wise. I'm looking for a nimble, high damage, not necessarily terribly tanky sort of playstyle (currently running excalibur). Is there a frame or some weapons that I should start trying to gather the materials for? I'm on ps4 so old damage model for the time being.

Fruit Chewy fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Nov 30, 2013

Jayo
Jul 10, 2007
Can I get a PS4 invite please? Psn is jasey33

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Fruit Chewy posted:

Alright, thanks! I picked up the carrier for now, but i'll take a look at the other stuff later. Luckily I've been getting basically only fusion cores to drop, so while I might have no mods for my weapons, I can definitely upgrade this thing.

What are some sort of early/mid game goals? I've been working up through venus towards the boss at the top but I'm not really sure what I should be heading for frame/equipment wise. I'm looking for a nimble, high damage, not necessarily terribly tanky sort of playstyle (currently running excalibur). Is there a frame or some weapons that I should start trying to gather the materials for?

High damage and nimble you really can't beat a Nova but depending on weather you are willing to get some help and skip ahead a bit that might be a tough one to aquire in the early game.

Nova has an ability that i'm convinced was created on some kind drunken developer truth or dare sleepover.
Dramatic reenactment:
"Truth or dare Developer Dan?"
"Dare"
"I dare you to make an ability that makes most other damage abilities redundant and useless developer dan!"
"Cool I'll give nova an ultimate that slows all enemies in a radius and they take 200% damage from everyone!"
"Ohh snap that seems awesome mabye we should tone it down to 100% damage though?"
"Nah I'm not done yet man, then when they die thay explode doing massive damage you can increase with mods to all nearby Enemies!"

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid

GarudaPrime posted:

High damage and nimble you really can't beat a Nova but depending on weather you are willing to get some help and skip ahead a bit that might be a tough one to aquire in the early game.

Nova has an ability that i'm convinced was created on some kind drunken developer truth or dare sleepover.
Dramatic reenactment:
"Dare"
"I dare you to make an ability that makes most other damage abilities redundant and useless developer dan!"
"Cool I'll give nova an ultimate that slows all enemies in a radius and they take 200% damage from everyone!"
"Ohh snap that seems awesome mabye we should tone it down to 100% damage though?"
"Nah I'm not done yet man, then when they die thay explode doing massive damage you can increase with mods to all nearby Enemies!"

Well that sounds incredibly neat but I'll probably at least have to wait until I get into the ps4 clan to see if I can find a way to get my hands on it.

a glorious hole
Nov 21, 2012

Sent out the last couple invites. I'm currently leveling my Rhino @ 11 so I can help lowbies running through stuff.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

GarudaPrime posted:

Dramatic reenactment:
"Dare"
Nova is a product of the Design Council. The name, the theme of the frame, and the powers were all suggested and voted on by the player base (mechanics and implentation was all DE, though). Description from the DC voting thread:

quote:

1. "Molecular Prime" - Primes all enemies in a radius with antimatter. Upon death the antimatter and matter collide causing high damage in a certain radius. The explosions can kill other primed enemies and set off more explosions. Can kill new enemies in explosion radius. Good for chain reaction explosions.

Other candidates for the ult included:

quote:

2. "World Collider" - Spawns a clone of self at target location. It then starts to sprint towards the caster, when they meet matter and anti-matter collide causing a massive explosion. the greater the distance traveled by the anti-matter clone the greater the damage.

3. "Annihilation" - Casts two orbs in both hands: White and Black (Matter and Anti-Matter). The Warframe would then make a circular motion similar to Yin and Yang and press the orbs together, creating a blinding flash with an instantaneous explosion that knocks back enemies similar to Banshee's Sonic Boom.

Enemies caught in the radius are dealt devastating damage while enemies within viewing distance are blinded.

4. "Explosion" - Converts all ground in front of you into antimatter. All matter touching this will trigger an explosion. Last upto 7 sec. 40 meter cone.
Annihilation was the runner-up, losing by less than a dozen votes.

Fun fact: Nekros and Valkyr were originally runner-up suggestions later fleshed out by DE.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Holy crap nearly 1,000 unread posts. I logged in to find a lot of new stuff and surprisingly I'm still in the clan. I stopped playing shortly after Nova came out and I maxed her out. What have I missed since then? Anything good?

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Click the claim extractor loot button rapidly to gain extra loot

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Flipswitch posted:

Holy crap nearly 1,000 unread posts. I logged in to find a lot of new stuff and surprisingly I'm still in the clan. I stopped playing shortly after Nova came out and I maxed her out. What have I missed since then? Anything good?

You should probably go track down patch notes and start reading. There is so much new stuff. New frames, new mission types, a bunch of new weapons (some of which are actually good!), a complete overhaul of the damage model (which is not actually good), a couple new tile sets, trading, a bunch of new mods, parkour tweaks, new enemies, etc., etc.

And achievements!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Male Man posted:

You should probably go track down patch notes and start reading. There is so much new stuff. New frames, new mission types, a bunch of new weapons (some of which are actually good!), a complete overhaul of the damage model (which is not actually good), a couple new tile sets, trading, a bunch of new mods, parkour tweaks, new enemies, etc., etc.

And achievements!
That last bit explains the barrage of icons I had when I logged in. Will check down the patch notes and see what's up. The new Frame looks cool.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

New player here, my Dorito Gun has been rank 30 for a long time and now I want to switch to something else so I can get my rank up (currently 3). What primary should I move on to from the Braton?

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Broniki posted:

New player here, my Dorito Gun has been rank 30 for a long time and now I want to switch to something else so I can get my rank up (currently 3). What primary should I move on to from the Braton?

Strun (a shotgun) is an interesting change of pace and dirt cheap to boot.
Paris (a bow) is interesting if flawed.
Burstron is good if you can swing burst fire guns.
Latron is something I've never used, but it's a semi-auto long rifle. Sniper mods work on it, I think? Nope, it's a rifle through and through.

edit: Braton/Latron Prime, as well as Dread are all Mastery 0 weapons. Those all take some doing (and a heaping helping of luck) to get though.

Wales Grey fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Nov 30, 2013

Tezzeract
Dec 25, 2007

Think I took a wrong turn...
So what happens when you buy the new Update 10 bundle on sale? Soma is mastery level 6, but I'm assuming anyone can just buy the bundle?

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Tezzeract posted:

So what happens when you buy the new Update 10 bundle on sale? Soma is mastery level 6, but I'm assuming anyone can just buy the bundle?
I just bought the bundle. I'm mastery level 2, however the game gave me the Soma and let me equip it. Quite a big oversight, or maybe Darvo greased some palms.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Yaos posted:

I just bought the bundle. I'm mastery level 2, however the game gave me the Soma and let me equip it. Quite a big oversight, or maybe Darvo greased some palms.

It's kind of standard really. I'm not sure if you can buy weapons beyond your mastery rank with plat, but the restriction has almost always been on obtaining the blueprints/weapon rather than using it. It's just another little hook to get you to spend.

Dilkington
Aug 6, 2010

"Al mio amore Dilkington, Gennaro"
I would like a PSN invite please. ID is: cye_washington

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Argas posted:

It's kind of standard really. I'm not sure if you can buy weapons beyond your mastery rank with plat, but the restriction has almost always been on obtaining the blueprints/weapon rather than using it. It's just another little hook to get you to spend.
I tried to buy just the Soma for plat before buying the bundle but it said it was XP locked.

AndyAML
Jul 24, 2006

HEY BASS WHY MUST I FIGHT YOU WE ARE NOT ENEMIES
:siren: Venera (Venus): Tenno Sympathizer Located - 97m - 4400cr - Orokin Reactor (Blueprint) :siren:

Reactors are very rare so take advantage of this while you can!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Argas posted:

Nah, it's an oversight. XP locks normally block you out of buying weapons even with plat.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

AndyAML posted:

:siren: Venera (Venus): Tenno Sympathizer Located - 97m - 4400cr - Orokin Reactor (Blueprint) :siren:

Reactors are very rare so take advantage of this while you can!

Tenno Sympathizer sounds hilarious, especially after what we know from the Excalibur and Stalker codex entries.

Kanos posted:

Nah, it's an oversight. XP locks normally block you out of buying weapons even with plat.

Good to know.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Argas posted:

Tenno Sympathizer sounds hilarious, especially after what we know from the Excalibur and Stalker codex entries.

I dunno, for the common man your other options are horrible space-virus, insane oppressive clone empire that will kill you, or forced indoctrination. Maybe siding with the psychotic space ninjas is a safe bet.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
And before any Tenno sympathizer is imprisoned they are made to wear the leotard of shame and a toy lato is glued to their hand to mock them.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

AndroidHub posted:

And before any Tenno sympathizer is imprisoned they are made to wear the leotard of shame and a toy lato is glued to their hand to mock them.

Warframe: 1000 hours in a leotard of shame

Dimitri ExZemos
Aug 9, 2006
Dimitri
PSN invite please GlennFrog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I like the spandex. It reminds me of Power Rangers.