Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Was at 'rents for thanksgiving and missed it thursday, just caught up and...

I think thats it, I think I am actually done with Glee. Its an odd kind of relief. The unnatural dark hold it seemed to have trapped me in is now broken. I'm free.

hangedman1984 fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Nov 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.
Do you want to trade? :smith: I don't think I'll ever be free as long as Chris is still doing his thing, but the last two episodes have just been really bad, with bonus seriously unlikeable Blaine in this week's episode. And none of Glee's Christmas episodes have been good, so I don't want or need another one next week.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I want to be free but I don't know how to stop :smith:

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Death is the only escape. Suicide pact? Lea Michele doesn't get songs anymore so I'm down.

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

the truth posted:

Death is the only escape. Suicide pact? Lea Michele doesn't get songs anymore so I'm down.

I'll join. Every week I say I'm not only not going to watch, but that I'm not going to even read this thread. Sometimes I'll manage to miss a week but I'm eventually sucked back in not only to the show but catching up with the thread. For some reason I can't not watch the show and then run here to see what y'all thought of it too.

If we're going to do this though, it needs to be melodramatic and fitting of the show we are trying to escape from. Maybe a Gaga theme?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

KilGrey posted:

If we're going to do this though, it needs to be melodramatic and fitting of the show we are trying to escape from. Maybe a Gaga theme?

Use this. Fitting, and adds irony to the melodrama. :v:

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Well Glee finally went sub-1.0 in the demo this week, because airing an episode on thanksgiving worked so well for them last season!

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
I'm all for a time jump at this point -- let the characters age about five years and we'll pick up the plotline in New York when they're in their early to mid twenties.

I think I'm with the rest of you though - ready to jump ship. "The Fox" took me over the edge. :(

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Rarity posted:

I want to be free but I don't know how to stop :smith:

The trick I found was to have a World of Warcraft raid every Thursday night at the same time Glee airs and not own a DVR. This forces you to go through extra effort to get the episodes and by the time you've got a hold of them, you've heard everyone else call them garbage and you don't even want to watch it.

I haven't watched any episode yet this season other than the season premiere. I'll watch the Cory episode eventually but I think I might have done it - I might finally be free :unsmith:

(This is also why I haven't been in the thread since the season started, sorry guys)

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
Don't let this last post be your gateway back into the show. Enjoy your freedom! (Just know that you are definitely missed!)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
An alternate way to drop out would be to watch it late with someone who has a World of Warcraft Raid every Thursday Night at the same time as the show who has stopped watching the show. I haven't watched since The Quarterback, and am only listening to songs I like when I make the music posts.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

CuwiKhons posted:

I haven't watched any episode yet this season other than the season premiere. I'll watch the Cory episode eventually but I think I might have done it - I might finally be free :unsmith:

You actually should get on this. It's very easy to take as its own standalone thing, and it's a very beautiful, affecting piece of work.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Christ, you guys. This episode was bad and everything but I feel like bitching about Glee is the new gang tag. That is to say I don't love the show anymore; it's good for a couple moments of joy a week at best, but that's fine by me. You guys act like the show is actively traumatizing you or something.

I will say I hate how much attention/focus Blaine gets now.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

BreakAtmo posted:

You actually should get on this. It's very easy to take as its own standalone thing, and it's a very beautiful, affecting piece of work.

I'm just really afraid that I'll watch it and be like "Oh, what a beautiful episode, I should watch the next one."

I'm not falling in this hole again. I won't do it!

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

CuwiKhons posted:

I'm just really afraid that I'll watch it and be like "Oh, what a beautiful episode, I should watch the next one."

I'm not falling in this hole again. I won't do it!

While I enjoy Glee more than most, I see its major flaws and can tell you that none of the following episodes can touch The Quarterback.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

To be honest, I didn't think that episode was that good. It was just not horrible, so a lot of people were confused and thought that meant it must be great. The 30 second preview for it after the previous episode was better, in my opinion. Actually made me feel something.

It's still the only ep worth watching this season, however, and it should have been a two hour made for TV movie/series finale given the epidemic of anhedonia in the ratings for this season. Or they can nuke Lima and make a show worth watching that actually features characters people care about and want to hear sing instead of just wheeling them out for four glib lines and a paucity of screen time each week.

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
I still watch Glee because I kind of legitimately enjoy the New York parts. But on the other hand, I'm starting to hate Blaine.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I still watch Glee because Naya Rivera :(

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Rarity posted:

I still watch Glee because Naya Rivera :(

honestly I think she is why I stuck with it so long

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I can never get you peoples' breaking points with this show. Like, I would totally understand and sympathize with anyone giving up after any single one of the three episodes prior to this week. But this latest one? Is literally a season 1 episode. You have sophomore year Rachel Berry reincarnating in the form of Blaine, drug-induced dream performances, Sue having issues with her image and turning to Will and/or Kurt and/or Mercedes for help (in this case it'd be their bastard child), and most importantly: love triangles no one cares about involving baby drama. People asking for season 1 Glee back? Here it is, in all its shady glory!

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.
Yeah, but Rachel Berry is a much more interesting character than Blaine (as much as I love him, and I do) and Lea Michele a vastly better actress (as much as I love Darren, sorry man) - part of my problem is just that I thought Darren couldn't pull this off. (The acting was kind of awful throughout, though not just on his part, pretty much everyone felt off, even the always great Jane Lynch.)

Anyway, can't speak for anyone else, but I was never a huge fan of season 1 either (all the baby related storylines were godfuckingawful indeed); for me Glee was at its best/most entertaining in season 2 (and even that season had some real duds in there). Season 1 Glee and current Glee are also so very different tonally (s1 was much darker and the show took itself much less seriously) that it's just kind of awkward to have an s1-esque episode now. Back in s1 you could have Will Schuester planting drugs in a kid's locker to blackmail him and laugh at that because that was the kind of show it was, but that storyline just wouldn't work in current Glee with what the show has become since then.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

BrianWilly posted:

I can never get you peoples' breaking points with this show. Like, I would totally understand and sympathize with anyone giving up after any single one of the three episodes prior to this week. But this latest one? Is literally a season 1 episode. You have sophomore year Rachel Berry reincarnating in the form of Blaine, drug-induced dream performances, Sue having issues with her image and turning to Will and/or Kurt and/or Mercedes for help (in this case it'd be their bastard child), and most importantly: love triangles no one cares about involving baby drama. People asking for season 1 Glee back? Here it is, in all its shady glory!

the episode was bad in general, combined with the show kinda being bad in general, and then the What Does the Fox Say number just kinda broke it for me

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I'm reasonably certain that enjoyment of current Glee is contingent upon liking Blaine and/or Sam. If neither of those characters are your flavor, no matter how much any given episode might 'feel' like seasons past, you probably aren't going to much like the show as it stands today.

(If you like both Blaine AND Sam, you're probably willing to forgive a lot of the show's failings to keep watching their shenanigans!)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like Blaine and Sam, but I haven't really had any real desire to watch glee in the past few weeks. My entire lack of caring about : Kurt, Rachel, Santana, Will, Jake, Tina, Artie, Marley, Unique, Kitty, and so on has kinda killed my interest in the show.

Separately, Starkid's new musical is out, a Wicked-ized version of Aladdin, and it's great.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Apparently Charice (Sunshine from S2) is a lesbian and tried to kill herself because she doesn't have any money.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
MUSIC POST! Songs from last week will be eligible for nomination. Any nomination of The Fox will be summarily ignored. Considering the episode, Artists won't be listed. Not entirely due to :effort: but mostly.
Away in a Manger sung by Rachel, Kurt, Santana, and Nude Erections
Love Child, sung by Unique with Marley and Tina
Christmas Don't Be Late (The Chipmunk Song (Really)), sung by Kurt, Rachel, Santana, and someone apparently named Cody.
Mary's Little Boy Child, sung by Marley, Tina, and Unique
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, sung by Will and Nude Erections
Here Comes Santa Claus, sung by Kurt, Rachel, and Santana
Accidentally pasted too many times, so here's I Steal Everything from Twisted because I was listening to it while making the post. Probably the best song on this list. I dunno.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
News or whatever:

For the 100th episode,in addition to covering old songs based on fan voting, they're asking 'all' the original cast to return. So far Amber Riley and Mark Salling are in, and Dianna Agron supposedly wants to if schedules allow.

No word yet on whether or not this will also mean the glorious return of Shaft.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
As of the last count, every single old school cast member is confirmed to return except Dianna Agron. And I'm gonna laugh so very very hard if she can't make it. I mean I really want her to make it but I think the comedy factor would almost be worthwhile if she doesn't.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Dianna Agron needs to come back so they can reveal Quinn dropped out of Yale to become a crack addict. I will not rest until she has had every crazy storyline possible.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Quinn is actually a Maiar sent to deliver us all from Ryan Murphy's writing. She's a Christ figure who suffers all the lovely plots unto herself, so others won't endure them.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Glee has a large enough cast without bringing the Silmarillion into it.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

100th episode news:

I haven't watched Glee in months and I still squealed at this.

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

ufarn posted:

Quinn is actually a Maiar sent to deliver us all from Ryan Murphy's writing. She's a Christ figure who suffers all the lovely plots unto herself, so others won't endure them.

Well, in that case, she's not very good at it!

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

Android Blues posted:

Well, in that case, she's not very good at it!

That's because she got rid of her pink hair.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

BrianWilly posted:

As of the last count, every single old school cast member is confirmed to return except Dianna Agron. And I'm gonna laugh so very very hard if she can't make it. I mean I really want her to make it but I think the comedy factor would almost be worthwhile if she doesn't.

Matt is coming back? gently caress yes, give him all the solos.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

jscolon2.0 posted:

Matt is coming back? gently caress yes, give him all the solos.

Hilariously enough, I'm pretty sure I read a tweet earlier today where he said he hadn't been invited. Womp!

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

I just found out that Amber won on Dancing with the Stars. Good for her.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I can't wait to see hear secondhand from Tumblr about whatever disastrous and crazy thing they make Quinn do this time.

I think that's everyone other than Shaft, who I'm not convinced wasn't just a mass hallucination anyway.

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
They finally explained how they're able to travel to Ohio so frequently. It's a Christmas miracle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
Okay, I'm sorry, but that was the most inspired musical number in Glee history and you will never convince me otherwise. :nyd: LOVE-CHILD!

• Locked thread