Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
It's an insurance thing, not a specific policy. They also restrict the size limit to 25 pounds at adulthood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Vasudus posted:

It's an insurance thing, not a specific policy. They also restrict the size limit to 25 pounds at adulthood.

That would explain it. Boxers are hefty and energetic dogs

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Have you tried lighting incense and praying to the Omnissiah?
I don't get it on quite a few of the breed restrictions. As a guy who has owned a few dogs and has interacted with many here are some observations:

Chihuahuas are mostly 2 person dogs, 3 tops. Unless you get the one in a million that loves everyone they will like a few and try to gnaw on the rest.

Dalmatians are dicks, straight cockers too, cocker mixes are awesome but they are prone to seizures later in life.

Pitts and Mastiffs have one directive: Make Master Happy. If it makes master happy, they will do it. Loyalty without question, this is why they are prone to abuse by dog fighting.

Huskies and Malamutes can be territorial, but they have retard strength. Seriously, they were built to pull sleds and carts, I have seen a husky break a tow cable because of 3 months of constantly yanking on it when it was outside. When the cable was replaced the dog simply yanked the fence post concrete footer and all, out of the ground.

Generally (in my experience) the smaller the dog, the greater the rear end in a top hat they are... Even Bruno, he will kneecap you with his 40 lb rear end...

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
pitts are so loving goofy and lovable, wish they didnt have such a bad reputation among idiots :(

they seem fairly dumb though tbh

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

MrDesaude posted:

Huskies and Malamutes can be territorial, but they have retard strength. Seriously, they were built to pull sleds and carts, I have seen a husky break a tow cable because of 3 months of constantly yanking on it when it was outside. When the cable was replaced the dog simply yanked the fence post concrete footer and all, out of the ground.
That the huskies I know. When I was a teenager we often tried to push or tug-of-war my friend's husky in the pool, and unless you physically lifted him off the ground he'd never lose.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Huskies are the best; was out at a dock and this happy husky comes trotting down the pier, jumps up, licks face, and keeps on trotting on like a goofball.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
thunder growls at huskies :getin:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Snoring like a chainsaw.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

My next door neighbors have a pitty who's missing her right front leg. Such a cuddlebug, and she gets around just fine without it, just means she bounces a lot more when she's excited. :3

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

"Quick Oats" would actually be a cute name for a dog.

tiggeril
Feb 19, 2004

You are all aware of the price of failure.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

hitler dogge

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Heads up, NBC is running a dog show.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Put some turkey in Logan's bowl mixed with his usual dry food. He couldn't eat fast enough and pushed his loving bowl all around the room, dumping food all over the place in his rush to get the turkey. The bowl started right next to the water bowl.

"Where'd all the turkey go?"

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Turkey farts for dogs are the loving worst

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Hahahaha the hair standing up owns

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Have you tried lighting incense and praying to the Omnissiah?
He's standing there like, "What? Where's the turkey, I want more!"

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
That's dangerous. The dog shouldn't have done that.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's why they call him Danger Dog.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

My mom's Shibu-Red Heeler mix. She's smaller than you'd expect, maybe a little smaller than a full grown corg.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

chillbro4lyfe

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

This is Ginger, 15yo toy poodle. She's smart as hell.

My family's had her and her smaller sister since they were pups. She may live with my parents, but she's my dogge.

A good dogge.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dakota is a lot like a cat and likes to loaf from time to time.

Also, I took this picture just now to show just how much he's grown since I got him.

And the day I got him:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:eyepop: That was just like last week.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Jump on a scale with him and see what he weighs.

I weighed Frank after having him around for about 13 days, he was 19 pounds. A week later he was 21 pounds. This past friday? 24.5 pounds. He put on a half pound a day in a week. And he's getting some stretch. Still a chickenshit about getting in and out of the car though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dakota is right around 15 lbs now. He'll only be around 25-30 full weight. He's a cardigan which are a bit bigger than their tailless pembroke brethren. We started working on shake on Friday. He's just about got it down now. He's big enough he can jump up on the couch now on his own with a running start or from a standstill with a little bit of help. He does keep trying to dig up the backyard to chase moles. Fuckers are all over the place down here.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

I'll be darned if he isn't just the cutest little fucker. Color pattern, ears, wiggly tail and all :3:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

His colors are changing a bit. He's going to have more white on his face and on his legs. Plus he's getting some more brown between his ears.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Also, I took this picture just now to show just how much he's grown since I got him.

And the day I got him:

Bro, not gonna lie, wanna dognap dat dogges and pet the living poo poo out of him.

Then again I want to dignap all of GiP dogges and pet them all.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

ElMaligno posted:

Bro, not gonna lie, wanna dognap dat dogges and pet the living poo poo out of him.

Then again I want to dignap all of GiP dogges and pet them all.

you're a real creepy dude bro

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Mr. Nice! posted:

His colors are changing a bit. He's going to have more white on his face and on his legs. Plus he's getting some more brown between his ears.

A cute dogge

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

you're a real creepy dude bro

I have (jokingly) told my co-workers I will become the male equivalent to the crazy cat lady. Only it will involve old motorcycles, dogs and a poo poo ton of creepy craziness.

Also I am sorry my creepy hyperbole made you serious post in the dog thread.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
i take dogges very seriously

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I haven't done a good photo dump of Dakota lately, so here we go.

Dakota has decided that he likes hopping in the bathtub for seemingly no reason at all.

I posted one pic of him in his halloween costume, but here's all of them. His feelings about it were dependent on whether he had it on or not. When it was on he would mope around a little bit because I wouldn't let him chew on one of the legs, but if I took it off of him he just sat next to it and whined until I put it back on him.

Also, since he can jump on the couch now, he likes to climb atop his kennel and sleep.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
The ball is dead. Long live the ball.

Oh hey 'sup

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Imagine the places you could go with this dog.

He does this every time we start to load the truck up for hunting:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Frank still hasn't figured out how to climb in and out of the car, soon though. At least he's not trying to be captain lapdog anymore, just chills in the backseat playing with a chew stick or toy.

Chill dogges best dogges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Frank still hasn't figured out how to climb in and out of the car, soon though. At least he's not trying to be captain lapdog anymore, just chills in the backseat playing with a chew stick or toy.

:lol: Logan's the same way. He hasn't quite figured out that he can make the jump on his own...I need to take him for more rides. Part of the problem is the back window of the Jeep's soft top is a hassle so I'd usually stuff him under it. I've got the hardtop on now, so I can just open that up and give him plenty of room to get in.

I'm REALLY glad he's gotten out of the habit of trying to sit on my lap while driving.