Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun

Swartz posted:

Autumn Aurora 2 for SOC has been released and it's a really nice mod (I'm about 2 hours into it so far).
Anyone with steam get this mod to work? It seems you're SOL with the steam version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I'm getting a crash on startup...xr3da.exe has stopped working :(
And yeah its the steam version. I changed the ltx file and fixed the exe with the 4gb patch..but no dice.

YesManKablam
Feb 19, 2013
According to the ModDB page it has to do with Sweet FX.

quote:

There might be a problem with compatibility of Steam version of the game and Sweet FX add-on.
To disable SFX, please delete (or rename) bin\D3d9.dll after installation of the mod.
Sweet FX has only a slight sharpening effect so you can delete it without regret.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The steam version was patched to 1.0006

There's an official 1.0006 EXE that is floating around that was released by GSC as one of the last things they did before they closed shop. It's basically the original 1.0006 with no copy protection. Seeing as how GSC is no more, and this was officially released by them, I guess this is kosher to link to:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847454/v1.0006_super_exe_FOV.zip

This particular version has several crashes fixed, most notably the "(bytes_need<=mSize) && vl_Count" error, and actually properly changes the flag to allow low-memory systems to play the game better.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

YesManKablam posted:

According to the ModDB page it has to do with Sweet FX.

Thanks bro, that worked out perfectly for me.

The game does look CoP levels of nice. The new ambient sounds are super cool and make things feel all foresty, but I'm kinda bummed they felt the need to import Misery's ambient music. I was hoping they'd furnish their own. It's fitting, I can't bash it in that regard. But it sounds too much like it.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Can we update the OP with all these awesome mods? i dont have the time to play them atm but i eventually want to!

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Avocados posted:

I'm kinda bummed they felt the need to import Misery's ambient music. I was hoping they'd furnish their own. It's fitting, I can't bash it in that regard. But it sounds too much like it.

Yeah, I wish they had gone with different music too.

I wrote over the ambient music with Stalker Music Overhaul by Sclera.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Ok, so it turns out the ShoC keylogger, which I've been trying to make work with the Steam version, actually does work, except you seemingly have to launch the executable directly and not through steam itself :smith:

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Ddraig posted:

Ok, so it turns out the ShoC keylogger, which I've been trying to make work with the Steam version, actually does work, except you seemingly have to launch the executable directly and not through steam itself :smith:

Well, then add the .exe as a non Steam game, that should work.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Well, then add the .exe as a non Steam game, that should work.

Yeah, it's just weird that launching the game directly via steam would cause that to happen. You wouldn't believe the amount of trouble I went to to figure out how to get it to work. I installed a DVD version, patched it to 1.0006 then reinstalled the steam version and compared the files to see what was different (the retail version doesn't have "testapp.exe").

Turns out it was literally as easy as just opening the stalker executable directly, skipping Steam. I can only imagine this is the x-ray engine doing its thing again because I've never seen anything like that :psyduck:

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Autumn Aurora 2 causes me to BSOD on loading a save. "Page fault in on paged area". I remember I had a similar problem when loading saves in CoP's SGM. Anyone know a fix?

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
Anyone have an idea whats causing this?

code:
XR_3DA.exe caused BREAKPOINT in module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl\bin\xrCore.dll" 
at 0023:0084CC85, xrDebug::backend()+165 byte(s)
:smith:

e: disregard, a clean install and uninstalling all the other mods I had, along with renaming that .dll fixed it.

Minarchist fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 3, 2013

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
So in Misery 2.0.2 with the Hotfix patch, the Evolution-9 silencers don't work for my GSh-18, even though it is 9x19 mm and I have upgraded it to have a silencer affinity, what gives?

EDIT: Apparently a 9x18 mm silencer works on the GSh-18, even though it uses 9x19 mm ammo.

Robert Red Rocket fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Dec 3, 2013

sobkas
Oct 11, 2012

Justin Time! posted:

So in Misery 2.0.2 with the Hotfix patch, the Evolution-9 silencers don't work for my GSh-18, even though it is 9x19 mm and I have upgraded it to have a silencer affinity, what gives?

EDIT: Apparently a 9x18 mm silencer works on the GSh-18, even though it uses 9x19 mm ammo.

Misery 2.0.2 fixes this as in:

quote:

Following weapons now use proper types of silencers:
GSH-18,...
Are you using a savefiles line that started before You patched misery to 2.0.2?

In file
configs/weapons/upgrades/w_gsh18_up.ltx
what value is in silencer_name?
Is it wpn_addon_silencer_9x18 or wpn_addon_silencer_9x19?

edit:

ddraig what you think about :
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3572610&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post422563788

sobkas fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Dec 3, 2013

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The version of the Hotfix I made includes a weapon overhaul. I believe silencers were changed during this.

To be honest, I've pretty much given up on that little project due to a few bad experiences with the Misery team in general. Well, one person in particular, really. All my time is focused on my SoC mod now. Misery was a fun little distraction but some stuff is just :psyduck:

Right now I've got the SoC keylogger working which finally allows me to do some pretty neat stuff in SoC, like having dedicated keys for various things, like helmet nightvision, car radios and such so you don't have to rely on Tab doing everything.

Now I can do rather neat things like certain weapons having a "nightvision" toggle which will allow you to switch on nightvision when zoomed in with certain rifles etc.

^^^ I realized I probably screwed up a few things with the "Hotfix". The traders in particular were quite annoying. The Unofficial Call of Pripyat patch decided to disable trade with medics for various reasons, which is at odds with Misery which has a "two traders in every base" thing and they shoehorned the medic in Jupiter into that role. You can basically delete the "medic" script files, as the only changes that were made were setting the trade things to false. I don't believe any other behaviours were changed at all. It will then revert back to the normal CoP style.

Also, the main file that controls what the medic sells is "trade_jup_b202_stalker_medic.ltx" in configs\misc\trade

There is a metric ton of conditions they've added to change the stuff traders sell. I think it's needlessly complex, but that's Misery down to its core. Basically the medic, in theory, starts out with a small supply of goods then depending on your actions (info portions you earn) he sells more stuff. I believe the trade files in the latest version of the Hotfix are basically stock Misery with the new drug added in, so any weirdness in supplies is down to Misery itself.

e2: hosed up with the medic script files again :psyduck:

This is the final version. Medics should now trade properly. Can't guarantee that they'll do so in existing save games, but new ones will work normally.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847454/Misery%20Hotfix.7z

If you don't want to download the entire thing again, here's the two files that have been changed. Just drop this into your configs folder, and overwrite. Alternatively you can delete those two files and it will revert to normal.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5847454/scripts.7z

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Dec 3, 2013

sobkas
Oct 11, 2012

Ddraig posted:

The version of the Hotfix I made includes a weapon overhaul. I believe silencers were changed during this.

File configs/weapons/upgrades/w_gsh18_up.ltx was only changed in Misery patch 2.0.2
So I would say, no it wasn't, at least for gsh18.

Ddraig posted:

This is the final version. Medics should now trade properly. Can't guarantee that they'll do so in existing save games, but new ones will work normally.

I tested it with an existing savegame and it worked.
I think I will update trade_jup_b202_stalker_medic.ltx to make him provide more medical supplies.

sobkas fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Dec 3, 2013

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I played a bunch of hours of SoC, got sidetracked, when I came back to it I had no idea how to play it and didn't really want to restart, so I skipped it and I'm planning on starting CoP.

What's the consensus for a first run? Mod-free? I think I have Complete around here, but AtmosFEAR 3 is supposed to be really good? Any minor mod/tweak I should look out for?

Cheers.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
CoP is completely fine to play mod free. I'd recommend it, actually, if it's your first time playing it. Atmosfear 3 is amazing, but it can change the gameplay slightly as it adds in a few extra features like psi-storms/fallout.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

I'm playing a runthrough with just Atmosfear and a realistic weapons mod on hard. I have the extra storms turned off through the atmosfear control panel though. I just like the better weather patterns.

Dice Dice Baby
Aug 30, 2004
I like "faggots"

Edmond Dantes posted:

I played a bunch of hours of SoC, got sidetracked, when I came back to it I had no idea how to play it and didn't really want to restart, so I skipped it and I'm planning on starting CoP.

My advice: you're missing out, SoC is excellent

Then again it's not THAT different from CoP so the transition back should be fairly painless

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
I beg to differ, CoP is a ton different than SoC. One of the things I love about CS is how it bridged some proto-CoP mechanics to SoC's world. A fitting step in the evolution to CoP.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I did play quite a bit of SoC, I got to the bar, did a whole lot of quests after that, including something about a... military base? plans? I ended up getting into some sewers where something attacked me :gonk:

Then I went back to the bar, went to look for a scientist, and my quest marker glitched and kept pointing at the entrance to the trainyard area, got kinda fed up and never came back to it. :I

A MIRACLE posted:

I'm playing a runthrough with just Atmosfear and a realistic weapons mod on hard. I have the extra storms turned off through the atmosfear control panel though. I just like the better weather patterns.

If the extra gameplay stuff can be turned off and just the eye candy working, I'll probably end up using this one, I'm a sucker for moody weather in videogames.

thekimjong-illest
May 8, 2007
Is this your homework Larry?

Edmond Dantes posted:

I did play quite a bit of SoC, I got to the bar, did a whole lot of quests after that, including something about a... military base? plans? I ended up getting into some sewers where something attacked me :gonk:

Then I went back to the bar, went to look for a scientist, and my quest marker glitched and kept pointing at the entrance to the trainyard area, got kinda fed up and never came back to it. :I

If the extra gameplay stuff can be turned off and just the eye candy working, I'll probably end up using this one, I'm a sucker for moody weather in videogames.

Ah, so you got to I'm assuming the agroprom underground, then were given the quest to go to the wild territory and save Kruglov from the merc ambush to get to Yantar and lab x-16. I'd really suggest giving SoC another go round with something like the Zone Reclamation Project installed. None of the other games really touched just how fantastic the first game was in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I love CoP and to a lesser extent CS, but the level of exploration available in SoC is just amazing.

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY

sobkas posted:

Misery 2.0.2 fixes this as in:

Are you using a savefiles line that started before You patched misery to 2.0.2?

In file
configs/weapons/upgrades/w_gsh18_up.ltx
what value is in silencer_name?
Is it wpn_addon_silencer_9x18 or wpn_addon_silencer_9x19?

Well, it is wpn_addon_silencer_9x18 in my config, but I'm pretty sure I installed the 2.0.2 + QF before installing the Hotfix. Also, I started a new save just for the Hotfix too!

sobkas
Oct 11, 2012

Justin Time! posted:

Well, it is wpn_addon_silencer_9x18 in my config, but I'm pretty sure I installed the 2.0.2 + QF before installing the Hotfix. Also, I started a new save just for the Hotfix too!

There is something wrong with Your Misery install. I think, that patch 2.0.2 didn't applied properly. Maybe You should start with clean COP and try again?

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

Idk, everything else seems to be running properly, and I am not in the mood for restarting my game, I'll see if anything else unusual turns up.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

thekimjong-illest posted:

Ah, so you got to I'm assuming the agroprom underground, then were given the quest to go to the wild territory and save Kruglov from the merc ambush to get to Yantar and lab x-16. I'd really suggest giving SoC another go round with something like the Zone Reclamation Project installed. None of the other games really touched just how fantastic the first game was in my opinion. Don't get me wrong I love CoP and to a lesser extent CS, but the level of exploration available in SoC is just amazing.

Aye, sounds about right; I googled a bit and agroprom looks like that underground bit I mentioned. I probably played an hour or 2 after that.

I may go back to it eventually, but I don't even know if I still have my save files and starting from the beginning again seems a bit... daunting.

/edit: Since we're on the topic, is The Zone Reclamation Project the go-to mod for a re-run of SoC? (I think I played it with Complete the first time).

And, second question: I got AtmosFEAR for CoP for the pretty factor, but I want to leave the game intact gameplay-wise; which are the extra storms, the psi ones and fallout?

Edmond Dantes fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Dec 4, 2013

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I've had to run to the Agroprom centre about 10000 times in the process of testing out my mod. If I never see another controller I will die a happy man.

I've redone the night vision system a bit. Night vision is no longer an integrated part of your suit. The only way to get it is to wear a helmet with a night vision module attached or find/buy a device you strap on to your belt. This means you no longer have to use a specific suit for a specific type of night vision but it does come with a few compromises, like emissions either shutting it down completely or even frying your night vision if you get the full force of one in the face.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

CoP is $3 on Gamefly now. I guess I should go play it. I liked SoC but never finished Clear Sky what with the endless sniping from super-accurate night-vision'd jerks prior to Limansk or wherever it was I was supposed to go.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

eXXon posted:

CoP is $3 on Gamefly now. I guess I should go play it. I liked SoC but never finished Clear Sky what with the endless sniping from super-accurate night-vision'd jerks prior to Limansk or wherever it was I was supposed to go.

CoP is my favorite vanilla, and the only one I've also beaten vanilla if that counts for anything.

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW

Acquire Currency! posted:

CoP is my favorite vanilla, and the only one I've also beaten vanilla if that counts for anything.

Same here. I really really want to love CS and SoC but I keep on playing CoP instead. SoC and CS (with the Complete mod, at least) are both good games, but CoP was my introduction to the series and as such the one I feel most comfortable playing. As a bonus, it's also the most bug-free of the series. I say go check it out if you get the chance, it's guaranteed to give you at least a couple hours of entertainment.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Welp, it seems the Nexus community has finally infiltrated stalker.

There is a mod out there with a badly animated sex scene :psyduck:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Ddraig posted:

There is a mod out there with a badly animated sex scene :psyduck:

It was only a matter of time.

Except there aren't any women на Зона...

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
if you could please replace the woman model with sidorovich and replace all sounds with HOWDY HO, the realism community would really appreciate it.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Are you nuts, that's not far enough. Replace all humans with Sid and then substitute in the Controller or Pseudogiant model for the women.

HOWDY HO can stay, though.

:suicide:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Clearly the best option is just Sid with "MARKED ONE, WHAT THE HEEEELL!?" on loop

e: From what I can tell, it's sort of of supposed to be a romance. A girl is in the Zone because she's run away from home, Sid got a message from her father to find her, and you end up saving her life and falling madly in love. Other highlights include: Giving her a bar of chocolate in exchange for a kiss, and going for a moonlit walk.

The sex scene itself seems to be a texture overlay (like a helmet) that just cycles between two textures along with some camera movement. I've only seen it in the game files, I can't imagine what it looks like in motion :barf:

Rush Limbo fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Dec 9, 2013

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

Missing Name posted:

Are you nuts, that's not far enough. Replace all humans with Sid and then substitute in the Controller or Pseudogiant model for the women.

HOWDY HO can stay, though.
Replace the Controller with Hawaiian. Aaloooooha! *Psi Attack!* *Dead* Drop in some time it can be fun around here!

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I do think the idea of women in the Zone is quite interesting and it's actually mentioned quite a few times in the books, but virtually all of the female models for stalkers I've seen have been universally terrible, completely out of place (Zoey from L4D, Alyx from HL2 etc.) or both (the most popular one is some sort of leotarded woman - no joke)

This mod does have some cheesy porno music, though.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011
Hey, E.Nigma, is working as intended if the mercenary suit gives you 560 KG carrying ability?

Before:

After:

Not particularly complaining, just struck me as kind of strange. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

You need the 1.2 patch, that addressed the merc suit and hosed up inventory attachments. I wouldn't even recommend continuing with your current play through because I am releasing the final version with more new weapons Friday.