Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages
Oh cool, an XBOne thread!

I've been busy with poo poo and only started playing the campaign last night despite getting a Day One console, but I love what I'm seeing so far. 60fps goodness. I just hope the campaign is solid and doesn't completely poo poo itself like BF3's campaign did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
:omarcomin:

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
So you can unlock darts for the xm25, and just have an automatic shotgun as the support class, on top of having a shot gun as your primary, and the shorty shot gun as your secondary. Oh man.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

It has to be something with manual boosts and conquest. I can't finish a match since I used my 50% boost. The 25% one worked okay

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
...More anecdotal evidence tonight that the game chooses when to crash based on how well you are doing.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

VincesUndies posted:

Getting BF4 now for my XBone. I still have to figure out how I'm going to wear my Turtle Beach headphones with the headset. I guess I can just jam it under one of the ears.

Break open the headset and desolder the 4 wires. Buy a 2.5mm stereo adapter to suit (I have Astros so used a male plug) and then wire it up. There's a guide on the web, I am phone posting so I don't have the link. It's easy as poo poo though. Worst case scenario is you need a new bone headset.

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Samurai Sanders posted:

...More anecdotal evidence tonight that the game chooses when to crash based on how well you are doing.

Right?! Same poo poo in Bad Company 2. Your team getting it's rear end pounded and mercilessly camped? No problem boss, I'm good to go.

Did you just manage to steal the enemy helicopter in a close game? TIME TO CRASH MID-ESCAPE FLIGHT

DominusDeus
Jul 20, 2008

404notfound posted:

They're probably never going to do it, but I wish they'd make a Windows 8 commander app. I just got an ASUS T100 tablet/netbook and won't be in the tablet market again any time soon.

I wish they'd release it for the Vita.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Can you use it for your minimap like they promised?

You can! So far I've found that to be pretty loving useless though. When are you ever going to look down away from your TV during an actual game? I only ever touch the tablet during the respawn timer.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Do we have a copy of Fixit.txt we can throw in here

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

causticBeet posted:

Do we have a copy of Fixit.txt we can throw in here

http://battlefieldgoons.com/anybadlink

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
China Rising is out today, right? Time to see if we are truly next-gen and if my PS4 will be smart enough to download it on standby.

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to stop the sticky-cursor on the console Commander modes? It makes targeting areas for specific drops -- i.e. supply crates or cruise missiles -- next to impossible.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

Aishan posted:

Also, does anyone know if there's a way to stop the sticky-cursor on the console Commander modes? It makes targeting areas for specific drops -- i.e. supply crates or cruise missiles -- next to impossible.

Zoom in more?

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Charles Martel posted:

I've been busy with poo poo and only started playing the campaign last night despite getting a Day One console, but I love what I'm seeing so far. 60fps goodness. I just hope the campaign is solid and doesn't completely poo poo itself like BF3's campaign did.

Prepare for the worst.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Charles Martel posted:

I cannot imagine it being worse than BF3's campaign. That would be impressive.

I wish they'd just ditch singly player entirely. If they want to give us a story-based gameplay mode, just give us co-op. It was pretty well done in BF3 I thought, aside from having very few vehicles.

Weltnarok
Dec 27, 2009

Beelzebozo posted:

Holy poo poo something amazing just happened; what should I do‽
If you’re an Xboner, quickly shout, “XBOX, RECORD THAT!” at your TV, then go into the Upload Studio app, trim it, push it to SkyDrive™ and share the link here. If you’re on the PS Fource, then, uh… I hope you were Twitch streaming with archiving turned on at the time. If you’re on a lastgen console then I hope you were doing whatever Lazyfire used to do in BF3 to capture his gameplay.

Just to clarify, if something happened on the PS4, all you have to do is hit the share button and the PS4 saves the last 15 minutes of whatever happened in the game, regardless of if you're streaming or not. That's how I got this:

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
The game is beautiful on the PS$. I cam back from a holiday yesterday so missed all the crashing/PSN stuff and am amazed at how well it runs, and how good it looks. Not disappointed at all, although where are the 64 player rush/obliteration maps? I know they will be too chaotic, but I would still want to see them!

Also, choosing quick match sucks because it always sticks you in a game devoid of players. I want my huge matches!

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I know posting about the campaign is like being the guy who reads the articles in playboy, but goddamn that tank sequence in singapore can go straight to hell.

I've been playing FPS games for a long time, but have always sucked eggs at the vehicle sections. And there's a part where you have to take down three tanks in a park in fairly rapid succession that seemed bulletproof to any sort of strategy on my part. Go up that hill? Dead. Try and hop out of the tank and use C4 - mega dead. Strafing and boosting? Nope.

Finally cranked the difficulty down to easy and just plowed straight into the tanks, traded damage, then backed up and hid while the health regenerated.

Ugh, ugh, ugh.

Surly
Oct 3, 2003
Looks out for one guy; Surly
Is multiplayer on the Xbone completely hosed for anyone else? I can only join team deathmatch games for the last few days.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea it's whacked out. I try to join games via the server browser and nothing happens when I press A. I go to quick match - Conquest, and it either does nothing, or drops me into a different game type.

J2DK
Oct 6, 2004

Playtime has ended.
This game tends to crash when I do really, really well. 30+ kills and 10 or fewer deaths with plenty of objective/support points? Crash. I don't care much about stats, but it stinks that my stats are skewed by crashes. Every game I do terribly (1 and 10 or something), it's stable.

Was there a PS4 patch today?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I was told stats save every few minutes or so. So if the game crashes it shouldn't be skewing your stats (much).

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Weltnarok posted:

Just to clarify, if something happened on the PS4, all you have to do is hit the share button and the PS4 saves the last 15 minutes of whatever happened in the game, regardless of if you're streaming or not. That's how I got this:

Yeah, I was confused when I read that earlier. The PS4 is constantly storing the last 15 minutes of gameplay. All you have to do is hit the share button on your controller. It is even less complex than the process you described for the bone.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

RCarr posted:

I was told stats save every few minutes or so. So if the game crashes it shouldn't be skewing your stats (much).

I haven't confirmed this for BF4, but in BC2 and BF3, stats were written back to the master server whenever your console was sitting on the respawn timer map screen. So in a crash you only lost what you had done on the current life. This is probably the case in BF4.

Also, I've fixed the PS4 share button thing in the OP. I don't have a PS4 so I'm counting on you guys to help me out with the platform specific stuff on that side of the fence. Thanks.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

I haven't confirmed this for BF4, but in BC2 and BF3, stats were written back to the master server whenever your console was sitting on the respawn timer map screen. So in a crash you only lost what you had done on the current life. This is probably the case in BF4.

I think people think they lose their stats because they rejoin the server with their bros after crashing and their leaderboard stats get overwritten.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

If your game crashes while you are doing superlatively well, don't join another game until that match shows up in your Battlelog. Might be overkill, but it works.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

A few days ago a buddy and I both got killed by the same grenade and it crashed both our games. Game seems to crash more on the levels where a lot of poo poo happens. Like the storms on parcel or when the tower collapses in Shanghai.

I'm on ps4 and have premium. It says china rising is out, but there have been no updates to the game.

Edit: "The PS4 game update that was originally meant to go live Dec 3 is undergoing some additional testing and will be rescheduled for a later date. We will get back with final details as soon as we have verification that the update is good to go."

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064769617349290/

:dice:

Edit2: ps4 says I have 2 addons for bf4, but only shows premium and not China rising. I re-enter the code for it and it won't let me redownload

Fateo McMurray fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Dec 3, 2013

VincesUndies
Jul 18, 2002

Vince McMahon's Underpants

Laserface posted:

Break open the headset and desolder the 4 wires. Buy a 2.5mm stereo adapter to suit (I have Astros so used a male plug) and then wire it up. There's a guide on the web, I am phone posting so I don't have the link. It's easy as poo poo though. Worst case scenario is you need a new bone headset.

Yeah, I saw that somewhere but I have the XP400s with the wireless puck that plugs into the controller so I don't think that will work. It looks like TB is going to update the puck in 2014 so hopefully I can just buy one from them then.

Surly posted:

Is multiplayer on the Xbone completely hosed for anyone else? I can only join team deathmatch games for the last few days.
I had the same problem last night. Chose Conquest and would end up in Team Deathmatch. I ended up using the server browser, filtering the games to only display Conquest Large and it it worked fine, which is surprising since the server browser is so broken.

VincesUndies fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 3, 2013

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So wait, do the commercials for the game just lie about getting expansions earlier on XBone?

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Aphrodite posted:

So wait, do the commercials for the game just lie about getting expansions earlier on XBone?

I thought that was a Call of Duty thing?

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

edit: nvm

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Dec 3, 2013

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Is it possible to queue my xbone to download China Rising from my computer?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
The patch notes say they fixed PS4 captures to have audio now.

Still, get your poo poo together and launch China Rising. :dice:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So does anyone who bought the PS4 version get China Rising? I purchased it last week when Amazon had it for $25.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Rad Valtar posted:

So does anyone who bought the PS4 version get China Rising? I purchased it last week when Amazon had it for $25.

I think it was a pre-order bonus. You should have a code in your box if you got it.

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
I preordered through Amazon on PS4 and got 2 sheets of paper in my game case, neither of which mention a code for China Rising.

Been reading online that Amazon have commented saying that's it's basically down to EA to provide the DLC codes in the games...

:EA:

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Hamburlgar posted:

I preordered through Amazon on PS4 and got 2 sheets of paper in my game case, neither of which mention a code for China Rising.

Been reading online that Amazon have commented saying that's it's basically down to EA to provide the DLC codes in the games...

:EA:

So basically don't expect anything. Maybe I'll just have to buy Premium today.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

I think I'm pretty bad at this game, trying to help friends or lone wolfing :sigh:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
So wait they said the PS4 patch for today was delayed but a poster here mentioned patch notes. Did something on ps4 patch today?

Here's how I understand China Rising:

As a Preorder bonus, you don't have to pay for it. However the *public* release date is 12/17.

Battlefield Premium folks get it 2 weeks early (today.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Servers must be acting up on PS4; kept trying to do a Quick Match of Conquest but the game kept putting me into Team Deathmatch. :dice:

• Locked thread