Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Sign up for the stats page so that people add you to their friends list. I added everybody on there for Xbone BF4 fun times.

GT: Iscariote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

This game is really fun when it's not crashing, I just need a better PS4 headset and some goon friends to organize with. I've been playing the commander app as well when I have a moment, and it's pretty rewarding when you see groups actually follow commands and your team do well because they trust the over-arching view of the battle. I've found that rewarding squads with promotions when they follow an order works pretty well.

One thing I also learned on the commander app is that if you tap on a squad to highlight them, you can hear their in-game voice chat and talk to them via VOIP. That was crazy. I listened to some dude's dog bark for 10 minutes while sending out my orders. Very impressed with all the cross-platform stuff, even the Battlelog website lets you customize your solider and load outs quite impressively given how lovely this stuff has been in the past.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Feenix posted:

So wait they said the PS4 patch for today was delayed but a poster here mentioned patch notes. Did something on ps4 patch today?

I can't read. I was assuming they would still do the bug fixes but not China Rising. After checking a different, updated post it looks like all of it got pushed back.

Fix your drat game.

dutchbstrd
Apr 28, 2004
Think for Yourself, Question Authority.

Feenix posted:

So wait they said the PS4 patch for today was delayed but a poster here mentioned patch notes. Did something on ps4 patch today?

Here's how I understand China Rising:

As a Preorder bonus, you don't have to pay for it. However the *public* release date is 12/17.

Battlefield Premium folks get it 2 weeks early (today.)

Except it is still not live yet for Premium. Ugh.

Dingusamongus
Jul 5, 2005

Live, or Die Trying
On the leader boards, how is the country flag determined? I see that I'm now American, even though I'm Canadian. It's no big deal, I just wondered if I did something that picked my flag or something? Though I would prefer a pirate flag.... :yarr:

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best
On the bone version I an see 4 icons in the top right of the screen during games when i go to the score board or die. One's a trophy, one's a globe. I've tried pressing all the buttons on the bonemote but I can't get to those Icons.

What are they doing there and how do i get to them?

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.

Crafty posted:

On the bone version I an see 4 icons in the top right of the screen during games when i go to the score board or die. One's a trophy, one's a globe. I've tried pressing all the buttons on the bonemote but I can't get to those Icons.

I'm not 100% positive but I think the answer you seek is in the title of this thread.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

dutchbstrd posted:

Except it is still not live yet for Premium. Ugh.

BF3 DLCs wouldn't be available until the evening in North America usually.

Ritz On Toppa Ritz
Oct 14, 2006

You're not allowed to crumble unless I say so.
BTW the stats site still doesn't like firefox.

I'm having a blast playing commander mode on a tablet. Shouldn't it be a "kit" on the stats site? We have vehicle leaders why not real leaders :colbert:

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Crafty posted:

Battlelog. It's always Battlelog. There's a setting in the options to hide it when you're in a game.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

9th on the Support board and I barely even play the class. :cmon:

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

suddenlyissoon posted:

I'm not 100% positive but I think the answer you seek is in the title of this thread.

That is true for the Bone version, but on the PS4 version the gigantic touchpad instead of being used for something useful like leaning (which is currently on controller tilt and is way too twitchy for my like), is instead used as an absolutely gigantic Battlelog button. :v:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Dingusamongus posted:

On the leader boards, how is the country flag determined? I see that I'm now American, even though I'm Canadian. It's no big deal, I just wondered if I did something that picked my flag or something? Though I would prefer a pirate flag.... :yarr:

You chose "US/Eastern" as your time zone and don't have your country set in Origin. That populates from the Origin setting, if present, and then defaults back to a function of time zone if that's missing.

suddenlyissoon posted:

:golfclap:

edit:

Cracker King posted:

BTW the stats site still doesn't like firefox.

I'm having a blast playing commander mode on a tablet. Shouldn't it be a "kit" on the stats site? We have vehicle leaders why not real leaders :colbert:

Looks fine in my Firefox. Can you PM me a screenshot of what you're talking about? Also there totally is a Commander ladder on the kit leaders page. :raise:

Beelzebozo fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Dec 3, 2013

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7oamJtBpdU

Air superiority with loving helicopters. I don't even know!

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

yellowcar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7oamJtBpdU

Air superiority with loving helicopters. I don't even know!

I love that one shot of someone obviously flying a jet or chopper, chasing down a infantry dude guns blazing and just crashing into the ground instead. Never have gameplay trailers been more accurate. :allears:

Also holy gently caress. When did knife counters become a thing? I snuck up on a recon dude, he countered my knife and jammed it right back into my dude's gut. :stare:

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

limited posted:

I love that one shot of someone obviously flying a jet or chopper, chasing down a infantry dude guns blazing and just crashing into the ground instead. Never have gameplay trailers been more accurate. :allears:

Also holy gently caress. When did knife counters become a thing? I snuck up on a recon dude, he countered my knife and jammed it right back into my dude's gut. :stare:

Knifing people from the front lets them counter you. It's really easy to do, so never knife from the front if you can avoid it.

Maybe that could be added that to the OP? It seems like a big change from other games.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

limited posted:

Its a Fly-By-Video missile.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

deadwing posted:

That is true for the Bone version, but on the PS4 version the gigantic touchpad instead of being used for something useful like leaning (which is currently on controller tilt and is way too twitchy for my like), is instead used as an absolutely gigantic Battlelog button. :v:

On PS4 you lean automatically if you are up against the edge of a corner and face it then hold the aim button. It automatically leans you out to shoot. Let go of aim and you automatically go back behind cover.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

limited posted:

Counter-knifing is super loving satisfying, though. Always knife from the back.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
You can also hug someone out of the hugging animation. Seedge taught me a lesson yesterday.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

BitBasher posted:

On PS4 you lean automatically if you are up against the edge of a corner and face it then hold the aim button. It automatically leans you out to shoot. Let go of aim and you automatically go back behind cover.

I'm pretty sure this is how it works across all platforms. It even works on vehicles, but not on rubble or partially destroyed walls, since it has to be 'drawn' specifically on the level.

Also, for counter knifing, :siren: you can only counter/be countered if both players are standing :siren:. If you're crouching, you don't get the prompt.

TardedPanda
Jan 5, 2013

TotalHell posted:

Counter-knifing is super loving satisfying, though. Always knife from the back.

Good advice. Even the dumbest of dumbs mash the counter button when they are being knifed. I haven't gotten away with a front knife yet!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

How exactly do you counter knife?

Secondly it was on the PS4 discussion page, and based on MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, part of the crashing issue is related to having large friend lists. You know, like adding the goon master list? Today's patch is supposed to fix it, but I have a feeling it's gonna get delayed due to the CR ps4 expansion release for premium members being slow to release as well.

Thirdly, when you crash I can confirm that you only lose the points from your life since you last respawned (on ps4 at least). I crashed drat near every game last night, but I started lvl 10 and I think I ended the night at 16 or 17 despite only properly finishing two games.

Lastly, when it shows you, "Hey, your friends are playing this map!" On the multiplayer screen how the hell do you tell who you are joining? I tried to join a couple games with a few goons last night and it would never tell me who exactly I was joining.

Of course the act of me joining could have caused them to crash, thus never seeing them, and confirming the friend list issue. :dice:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

TardedPanda posted:

Good advice. Even the dumbest of dumbs mash the counter button when they are being knifed. I haven't gotten away with a front knife yet!

Can you just mash it? One time I tried spamming the button and I definitely saw the prompt come up, but I got knifed anyway. I figured you had to at least wait for the prompt or something.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
You join through Battlelog, under the Friends tab.

To successfully counter a stab, you need to wait for the prompt to appear. There's a giant loving window for this, so unless you get hosed by latency really badly you'll never die from a front knife.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Enter Char posted:

Knifing people from the front lets them counter you. It's really easy to do, so never knife from the front if you can avoid it.

Maybe that could be added that to the OP? It seems like a big change from other games.

That explains a lot. I was mashing the button because he was getting up and I wanted my precious dogtag steal. Must've turned and risen enough to let him counter. :argh:

TardedPanda
Jan 5, 2013

404notfound posted:

Can you just mash it? One time I tried spamming the button and I definitely saw the prompt come up, but I got knifed anyway. I figured you had to at least wait for the prompt or something.

I usually get away with it. Maybe I'm so slow at getting to the counter button that I just get away with it.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Enter Char posted:

Yeah, I'll throw that in the OP.

Also, got this via PM but want to address it publicly before anyone else notices and asks:

quote:

Snackpack Backpack wrote on Dec 3, 2013 1:53 PM:
Feel free to school me on the update cycle or whatever but my stats haven't updated for a while. I've played a decent number of games since Saturday and it's still showing Nov 22nd as my last seen date. I gotta check my internet numbers!!!!

In previous versions of the API there has been an explicit "update this dude" command that I had to execute before the "pull this dude" command. The updates were, in fact, the thing that were limited to 20 an hour. Pulls were free. So far this command does not exist in the BF4 version of the stats API. I initially assumed this to mean that all pulls would come with a free update and updates were no longer necessary. It has since become clear that this is not the case. If nobody ever looks at your record on bf4stats.com then I just keep pulling your same stale stats over and over. So, for now, click on your soldier name in the leaderboard every once in a while if you want your poo poo updated. And hopefully they reintroduce the update command down the road. The API is stated to be still in flux with more commands coming, so it feels safe to assume this is one of them. Here's hoping, anyway.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Maybe I am lagging or blind as a bat, but I have never seen an indication that I needed to counter. I will just look it up on youtube and hope that I really am not lagging that badly.

TardedPanda
Jan 5, 2013

waah posted:

Maybe I am lagging or blind as a bat, but I have never seen an indication that I needed to counter. I will just look it up on youtube and hope that I really am not lagging that badly.

On the Xbone you click the right thumbstick to counter. This only works if they attempt to knife you face to face. I guess you have to both be on your feet also.

Edit: If all else fails freak out.

TardedPanda fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Dec 3, 2013

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

I haven't played campaign on Xbone in a bit, so I decided to try to unlock some items. Fired it up, and it started at the beginning, like it had no clue I'd played through a fair amount already. Any clues what I can do?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is there some voodoo to get premium to be recognized on the PS4? I bought the code through Amazon, redeemed the code on my PS4, but it won't let me download the unlock key. I went to the web store and it was queued for the PS3. I downloaded it to my PS3 hoping it would transfer over on my account but still nothing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

10 Beers posted:

I haven't played campaign on Xbone in a bit, so I decided to try to unlock some items. Fired it up, and it started at the beginning, like it had no clue I'd played through a fair amount already. Any clues what I can do?

Punch a pillow and start over? You probably crashed at some point and it corrupted your save.

[edit] Oh wait, Xbone, sorry. Yeah, same result, different reasons. :dice:

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

10 Beers posted:

Yeah, you shouldn't've done that

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Ugh. gently caress that. I'd rather buy DLC with the weapons in it.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

waah posted:

The prompt is pretty small and just to the right of center screen. Usually I'm just caught up in the action, I only noticed it a few nights ago.

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Holy poo poo is it hard to unlock the F2000. You have to get the 2 Kill Assist Ribbons and 10 metro kills in the same game, and I cannot seem to get enough assists! Let alone actually find a metro map on the xbone.

Either I just outright have to kill people (because pubbies) or I get "assist counts as kill." I've been playing assault with a DMR so I can just put a couple of rounds in people without killing them, but is there a better way to get assists on this map? Maybe Support and just spray fart down the halls?

red19fire
May 26, 2010

They're doing double XP for the rest of the day!

Does anyone have the problem with "this server is incompatible with your game version?" It's only if I try to join through the battlelog app.

Also, How do I get china rising on PS3? I read that there's already some :dice: problems with it?

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Anyone up for playing some BF4 on the PS4 with me? Online right now.

And holy poo poo does the Airburst tear poo poo up, it's a beast!

Psn: Hamburlgar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TardedPanda
Jan 5, 2013

Donald Kimball posted:

Maybe Support and just spray fart down the halls?

HAHAHAHA!!! Real talk time. Yes, I get a lot of assists doing this. I can't remember the lmg but the 1st one you unlock has a pretty decent mag on it. I just close my eyes and unload down the tunnel alongside the subway cars. It either keeps their head down so your team can advance or you get assists because your ENTIRE squad of mouth breathers decided to be snipers.

• Locked thread