Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh cool, they are doing a second part to this series after all. They just waited until the tour ended, which seems kind of strange. But that teaser was full of exactly the kind of behind the scenes stuff I'm interested in seeing, so I can't wait for the full thing to come out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Guessing they're going to stream the 11/8 Los Angeles show on Thursday.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Here's the full thing of part 2 of the tour exposed series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdxvFZ12tdM

And yeah,

Dr Tran posted:

Guessing they're going to stream the 11/8 Los Angeles show on Thursday.
looks that way.

NIN's YouTube posted:

90-minute NIN Tension 2013 concert film will premiere on Thursday 12/5 @ 12p ET only on VEVO apps and YouTube.com/NineInchNailsVEVO!
I'll be adding this to the OP.

InvadErGII
May 29, 2008
That show was decidedly longer than 90 minutes, wasn't it?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

InvadErGII posted:

That show was decidedly longer than 90 minutes, wasn't it?
All the Tension shows were, I think. But it says it's a "Tension 2013 concert film", which leads me to believe it's going to be a highlights reel from the entire tour.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm loving stoked that we're getting pro footage from the tour this fast. I'm still bummed that I wasn't able to attend.

Integral Catculus
Jul 21, 2007

hopelessly devoted
In case you guys aren't on the Cold Spring Records mailing list, here's some information about a new semi-official digipak/LP of remixes Coil did for NIN back in the Downward Spiral days. Cold Spring is apparently working with Danny Hyde on this release, so unless Trent or the label puts the kibosh on the whole thing, you should feel secure in the knowledge that this is legitimate!

Incidentally: I haven't been reading ETS, but folks on the board seem to have played a major role in getting Danny to disgorge these mixes. I can't find the original thread, though, and the current one is arguably :filez:.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Here's the full thing of part 2 of the tour exposed series:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdxvFZ12tdM

Watching this makes me really sad that the tours have apparently gone down in attendance. So much cool poo poo behind it :( Also glad to see Trent's as much of a diva as ever :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rob Sheridan posted this on his Tumblr:

Rob Sheridan posted:

Tomorrow we’re unveiling a 90 minute video of the show, filmed in LA, available to watch for free on Vevo. This was filmed and produced by the same team who did the How To Destroy Angels Coachella webcast and the NIN Lollapalooza/Outside Lands webcasts. I’m immensely proud of what we (eventually) achieved and I’m excited to have it presented professionally for the world to see.
So I guess the "concert film" tomorrow isn't highlights of the entire tour, but rather just parts of the LA show.

InvadErGII
May 29, 2008
It's up! So far, it is amazing.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

InvadErGII posted:

It's up! So far, it is amazing.
Oh hell yeah, 10 minutes early! :dance:

Setlist looks pretty standard, except for a few songs:

quote:

copy of a
march of the pigs
piggy
all time low
disappointed
came back haunted
sanctified
in two
the big come down
the hand that feeds
head like a hole
even deeper
while i'm still here
hurt

I'm really excited to see In Two because they didn't play that when I saw 'em.

I hope Black Noise is used as the outro to While I'm Still Here in this show like it was when I saw 'em. That was so loving cool.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

No A Warm Place into Somewhat Damaged into Burn? Bummer, that was the best part of the show.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Woah sweet, there's an LED screen in front of the whole band for All Time Low (and maybe more too, but that's just where I'm at now) like they used during Lights In The Sky.

They didn't have that when I saw 'em, but probably because I saw 'em at a festival. Then again, when I saw them during Lights In The Sky at the same festival, they used their LED screen then...

e: Yeah, this LED screen is used for more than All Time Low. Maybe they use it for the rest of the show. Came Back Haunted looks loving sweet with it. It almost looks a live version of the music video.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 5, 2013

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

:pcgaming:

Excited for the blu-ray because the compression on this youtube stream is poo poo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BANME.sh posted:

:pcgaming:

Excited for the blu-ray because the compression on this youtube stream is poo poo.
YESSSSSSSSSSS

Well that's a day one pre-order for sure :rock:

I hope there are a bunch of special features on it like the entire tour exposed series and more.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

magiccarpet posted:

No A Warm Place into Somewhat Damaged into Burn? Bummer, that was the best part of the show.

They didn't play Burn, but Somewhat Damaged would have been nice. I was distracted by all the people passing out in the pit at that point.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh holy gently caress, In Two owns. I'm so glad I finally get to see it, and it's everything I hoped it would be. The synth sounds different from the album version and I like it even better, I think.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

I saw them on a tour stop near the start of the tour, and I feel like some of the visual setups are different than when I saw (Came Back Haunted specifically). I guess it'd make sense after watching the second part of that tour special, but I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or if perhaps some of it just wasn't finished by the time they started (or changed during the tour).

Edit: Also holy poo poo, the Sunspots blender makes an appearance at the end of Sanctified! That's awesome!
Double edit: IN TWO IS BITCHIN' LIVE.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Dec 5, 2013

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Big Come Down sounds so deliciously funky :3:

Every time those big suspended lighting rigs move it makes me nervous. It did when I saw 'em too, but especially now that I learned from the tour exposed video that there's over 100,000 pounds of equipment hanging from the ceiling :ohdear:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
drat, every time there's a crowd shot I can see the guy right next to me but I'm blocked by a light.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh god yes, Black Noise is in this show and it sounds just as bone chilling and other worldly as it did when I saw it live.

I can't loving wait to hear this in 5.1 when the Blu-Ray comes out.

brozozo
Apr 27, 2007

Conclusion: Dinosaurs.
Wow, this was fantastic. Make me even more bummed I missed them last month.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

drat, every time there's a crowd shot I can see the guy right next to me but I'm blocked by a light.

I feel your pain this has happened to me so many times in shows I know that were proshot.

I preordered the poo poo out of that bluray by the way. gently caress yeah.

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I feel your pain this has happened to me so many times in shows I know that were proshot.

I preordered the poo poo out of that bluray by the way. gently caress yeah.

I don't know what you pre-ordered, but it wasn't Tension 2013. Its not available to do so yet.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Yeah, you can put in your e-mail address on their website for them to notify you when it's available to pre-order, but as far as I know, it's not available to pre-order yet.

Platypus Farm
Jul 12, 2003

Francis is my name, and breeding is my game. All bow before the fertile smut-god!
I'd totally blow $30 or whatever on an insanely high quality 3d blu-ray of this.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!

magiccarpet posted:

I agree, though you confused Burn with Wish. I was so so so happy to hear Somewhat Damaged live. It's one of my favorite angry songs of all time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

obeyasia posted:

I don't know what you pre-ordered, but it wasn't Tension 2013. Its not available to do so yet.

Sorry I meant I'm going to preoder the poo poo out of it when it goes up. I already have some money I deposited to my debit account specifically for this anyway.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Trent is doing an AMA.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1s6mi5/im_trent_reznor_of_nine_inch_nails_ask_me_anything/

obeyasia
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Just skimming through the questions posted so far is pretty cringe worthy. I asked if the Coil / Nine Inch Nails "Recoiled" had his input or approval.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

quote:

Not a question, but I just wanted to say that my friend and I met you once in Oakland and you were the nicest, most humble rock star ever. Thanks.

Trent Reznor posted:

I thought you were an rear end in a top hat but didn't say anything.
Never change, Trent. :allears:

e:

quote:

Who's in the band now?

Trent Reznor posted:

IR + AC + RF + TR
Bye Josh, Pino, Sharlotte and Lisa :smith:

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Dec 5, 2013

Sound_man
Aug 25, 2004
Rocking to the 80s

sleepwalkers posted:

I saw them on a tour stop near the start of the tour, and I feel like some of the visual setups are different than when I saw (Came Back Haunted specifically). I guess it'd make sense after watching the second part of that tour special, but I'm not sure if I'm going crazy or if perhaps some of it just wasn't finished by the time they started (or changed during the tour).

Edit: Also holy poo poo, the Sunspots blender makes an appearance at the end of Sanctified! That's awesome!
Double edit: IN TWO IS BITCHIN' LIVE.

The show changed alot in the layout of the rig and programming of the lights the first couple weeks. After Cleveland they added a side truss of lights and took some off the floor. There are a few songs that if you watch clips of the show they change dramatically. Satellite started the tour with red lights but by the end it was green. Other songs got more polished, In To is one that comes to mind.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Trent Reznor posted:

Here are some thoughts on touring: When we commit to a touring cycle, it usually is at least a year long, and can start to feel stale after X amount of time. What I'm doing this cycle is making each leg of the tour have its own identity. The festival run we did over the summer was very different from the Tension tour we just finished. We're currently rehearsing with a new incarnation of the band for what's ahead. This keeps things fresh from a musician's perspective, but also keeps things interesting for fans in an era where every show ends up on YouTube. The setlist and presentation moving forward will be very different from what we just did. That's part of the incentive behind releasing the Tension footage now. That was one very specific look at Nine Inch Nails in the Fall of 2013, that I wanted the whole world to be able to see (just like you can see the festival footage on YouTube, which was its own thing). Yes, we are planning to return to North America in 2014...

brandino
Apr 15, 2002

Holy poo poo this is awesome. The end of All Time Low and the entirety of Disappointed are particularly amazing. Wowww.

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
putting the fun in dysfunctional
Looks like Hesitation Marks is up for a Grammy for best alternative album.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

jaylynne posted:

Looks like Hesitation Marks is up for a Grammy for best alternative album.

Didn't Trent put his Grammy for Broken in a toilet?

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005
So it seems.

"My Grammy was broken in two pieces and always a fixture on my toilet, simply because I was self-defeating and thought it would never happen in this lifetime again. Now that I have an additional three, I've invested in some Krazy Glue and a relocation to the living room."

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Grammies are pretty much bullshit, but this will always be my favorite Grammy-related thing Trent did (which I'm taking from Wikipedia because I don't remember the original article):

quote:

The EP sold well upon release, and eventually went platinum despite a complete absence of touring in support of Broken. The lead single "Happiness in Slavery" received moderate airplay, but its music video, which depicted Bob Flanagan being pleasured, tortured, and killed on a device led to MTV banning the video outright. This stunted the single's growth, but the single "Wish" was much more successful with an aggressive live performance on the music video, then later winning a Grammy for Best Metal Performance. Reznor commented about winning the Grammy that on his gravestone, he wanted it to read "Said Fist gently caress, Won a Grammy."

jaylynne
Nov 7, 2005

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

The Grammies are pretty much bullshit, but this will always be my favorite Grammy-related thing Trent did (which I'm taking from Wikipedia because I don't remember the original article):

Definitely bullshit, but one can hope for more hilarity like this if it does win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I'll always love how that quote was referenced in Meathead's "NINmas Carol".