Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
No need to go beyond "Infiniti qx56" they are quite possibly one of the ugliest loving cars on the road and their very existence makes me rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Krakkles posted:

Cube truck driver is probably paying more attention to his side mirrors because of the lack, not pointedly ignoring poo poo.

I guess I'm probably ok with being a below average driver.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

I spent 7 hours on the motorway today (to do just over 250 miles :( ). On the way home i was wondering how some people are still alive. At one point someone changed into my lane without indicating (making me slam on the anchors and change lanes to avoid them), and then 30 seconds later pulled back into the lane they came from cutting someone else up and causing them to emergency brake. Then I overtook them a couple of minutes later after they inexplicably slowed down.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

spog posted:

I had this problem with a Mercedes I had just bought that had 1l of fuel left and a 30mile journey home.

Except in my case, the tank door was very stiff and also required you to press hard in exactly the right place.

and I didn't have a manual.

Mercedes and BMW it's part of the central locking system. Golf R too I guess :)

The Midniter posted:

I'm running errands during my lunch hour today and was about the seventh car in line in a left-turn-only lane. This particular light is short, and the wait for the green is very long, so it's easy to get impatient. The light turns green, the first car pulls forward, the second vehicle creeps forward a few inches...and stops, just sitting there. My blood pressure shoots through the roof and I begin yelling, wondering why it's not going anywhere. Of course it's one of those massive hulking Infiniti QX56. I finally get through the light after the driver deigns to move and I take a look at the driver - rich housewife in a ballcap, on her cellphone, of course. loving hell, they get my blood boiling.

Maybe there was an animal you couldn't see?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
More adventures on the street I live on -

Had some kid in a Cobalt decide that doing 30 in a 25 (while following the next car in line at about a car length) wasn't fast enough make several attempts to pass me, and couldn't because I either blocked him or oncoming traffic forced him to dodge back behind me. Kept pulling this poo poo for over a half mile until traffic stopped at a red light, at which point he tried to get around me just as I came to a stop behind the next car in line, and ended up blocking traffic in the opposing lane for a full light cycle after he exited his car and stood next to my driver's side door raging at me.

Fun fact: people having a full-on road rage melt down completely lose their poo poo when the target of their rage lays on the horn to drown out whatever bullshit they have to spew. All it got him was being an additional five cars behind me at the expense of making a total rear end of himself in front of no fewer than 20 people.

I REALLY need to get a dash cam :argh:

Geoj fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Dec 4, 2013

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

West SAAB Story posted:

It wasn't really all that bad. I grew up with snow, I can drive in it. :smuggo:

Hell, this was my 'pilot' snow drive in the new DD with unfamiliar (unmatched and lovely all-season) tires. I did fine, taking 395 all the way down to town, and opting for Business Loop on the return due the number of other assholes unable to find the road. I heard an awesome Deep Purple live track between Lemon and Golden - I had never heard Smoke that awesome while driving before.

I did watch a WRX in Subablue and pink wheels heading over the hill to Red Rock at about 70, and destroying their jeans while slowing to 35 while attempting to maintain their lane. I politely waved as I passed. Also, a Q37 near Panther Valley onramp who failed to negotiate a rather, well, simple curve.

I'm still waiting for Scheels to be torn down and be replaced with an outlet mall. :v:

Yeah YOU might be able to drive in it, doesn't mean poo poo with the people around you are mentally damaged! Yeah 395 turned into a massive clusterfuck yesterday, they didn't put anything down and I saw a couple of people slow slide around and Northbound was a parking lot, with the plow drivers just chillin' out in the middle of it. 80 was pretty much completely cleared and clean, and the only problem I saw was someone flipping their trailer completely over the center divider near Wells (the town, not the offramp)

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

Geoj posted:

Had some kid in a Cobalt decide that doing 30 in a 25 (while following the next car in line at about a car length) wasn't fast enough make several attempts to pass me, and couldn't because I either blocked him or oncoming traffic forced him to dodge back behind me. Kept pulling this poo poo for over a half mile until traffic stopped at a red light, at which point he tried to get around me just as I came to a stop behind the next car in line, and ended up blocking traffic in the opposing lane for a full light cycle after he exited his car and stood next to my driver's side door raging at me.

Fun fact: people having a full-on road rage melt down completely lose their poo poo when the target of their rage lays on the horn to drown out whatever bullshit they have to spew. All it got him was being an additional five cars behind me at the expense of making a total rear end of himself in front of no fewer than 20 people.

That is a good way to get his rear end shot if he's not careful. Some people are so dumb and sheltered. In Chicago if I tried that stunt the person would either get out and crack me with a tire iron or shoot me and be done with it. I guess the stupid just have a certain kind of luck.

Solar Coaster
Sep 2, 2009

Geoj posted:

I've had some similar things happen to me a few times. Even had a guy come out of his car, walk across 2 lanes over to me, bang on my window and shout at me for something I don't know what.

What I found really makes the experiences worthwhile is, like holding the horn down, just stare at the guy with a big poo poo eating grin and give him a thumbs up. They lose their minds.

Take pictures with your phone too.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

InterceptorV8 posted:

395 turned into a massive clusterfuck yesterday, they didn't put anything down and I saw a couple of people slow slide around and Northbound was a parking lot, with the plow drivers just chillin' out in the middle of it.

You noticed that too? It was like that from Susanville all the way down to Carson, from what I've heard and seen. The drive back was grand today (and will be again shortly, I'm sure) - some idiots decided that they could finally go about 50mph or so once they got past Panther Valley. I was in the left lane after passing a slowboat, and someone from the right lane decided to cut in before it narrowed to two lanes, almost shoving me into a plow on the left side of the road by cutting me off, despite my blinkers being on.

If you ever get a double-flash 'safe to merge' or low beams flash at night from a SAAB, there is probably an 80% chance its me on this coast. :mario:

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Solar Coaster posted:

I've had some similar things happen to me a few times. Even had a guy come out of his car, walk across 2 lanes over to me, bang on my window and shout at me for something I don't know what.

What I found really makes the experiences worthwhile is, like holding the horn down, just stare at the guy with a big poo poo eating grin and give him a thumbs up. They lose their minds.

Take pictures with your phone too.

I can't say I've had people get out of their car and throw a fit at me yet, but I know what I'm doing when it happens now. :q:

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

SouthsideSaint posted:

That is a good way to get his rear end shot if he's not careful. Some people are so dumb and sheltered. In Chicago if I tried that stunt the person would either get out and crack me with a tire iron or shoot me and be done with it. I guess the stupid just have a certain kind of luck.

A female friend had this happen to her and then the guy started following her so she called me and drove to my friends house where several of us were waiting for her. The guy followed her over 10 miles out of town and then all the way down their 1/4 mile dirt driveway only to turn around when he got to the house. I guess he didn't want to talk to a bunch of dirty rednecks as much as he wanted to yell at a defenseless girl. I will never understand people who road rage that hard.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
My point exactly. I mean that guy could have been driving to the We wear you skin for clothes house. and I mean she probably did something unworthy of more then a finger or horn honk. Some people are so stupid. I had someone follow me once because I decided to floor it around him because he wouldn't speed up or slow down on the high way. I mean this guy did six or eight loops around my block and still followed me home. Where I got out of my car with a crowbar and had my dad stand inside with his Glock at the ready. I mean what drives people to think " YEAH ILL GET THIS GUY RIGHT HERE FOR MAKING ME SPILL MY DRANK WHILE DRIVING!!!!!!1111"

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
The best road rage story I've ever heard ended with the ragee grabbing the rager's tie through the window, rolling the window most of the way up, and taking off at a leisurely pace through the intersection, leaving the douchebag running for his life while sideways and unable to detach himself from the car. Hope he didn't like those shoes.

Actually, here it is: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/van/366721693.html

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
Lately I've taken to following people who cut me off, almost hit me, tailgate excessively, etc. It's actually a lot of fun. I was surprised at how easy it is to do.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
while we are on the subject of road rage I'd like to share one of my favorites from another site.

I had to leave from work early as our heatpump at home is bringing the suck. So on my way out I picked up a diet Rockstar and 2 double cheeseburgers as today I count as my "bad food" day. And homeward bound I went.

It is beautiful driving today. Not to warm, not to cold and there is ZERO traffic on the roads seeing as it is noon thirty. 270 is nice and open with none of the idiot ballet that ensues in 4 hours. Amigo humming along as bias ply TSl's do on open highway and me with a mouthful of colon destroying death.

I finish one of the burgers and take a big swig of 400% of my daily B5 and the taurine tingles as it goes down. Bev says its going to make my coat shiny.270 goes from 4 lanes down to 2 and I notice a white car hauling rear end a half mile or so behind me, so I go into the right hand lane.

The car goes in the right hand lane.

Next thing you know I have this little loving hon/toy/geo/whatevathefuck trying to violate my Amigo like it was a cross-dresser at San Quinton. I literally CAN NOT SEE the dash of the car. All I can see is the top of a female driver and male passengers' head.
Now on a normal day they would have been testing the shear strength of SCD40 tubing while I was picking out a new set of tires in my head from the insurance check. But today I actualy have to get home before one so we dont have get some Texas BBQ rub for the ferrets due to the slow roasting they will get come summer if the A/C is not fixed.
I am doing 65+ by my speedometer, this is around 75-80 once you take into account the tires and poo poo. and I swear I can hear a little voice saying "AMIGO RAGE !!!!"

So I blinker, go to the left lane.

They go to the left lane

I blinker go to the right lane

they go to the right (note: no blinker. that means they are from around here)

I catch a glimpse of the driver and passengers face and I know neither of them.

Fine fuckers. Lets play.

I go back to the left lane and of course they follow and are all up in my poo poo again. My right hand opens the McDonalds bag and pulls out my paper wrapped armament. I (with the training of a thousand bras) open the wrapper with one hand and quickly gaze at my tactical foodstuff. At this point I note that I am still a little hungry so I flip back the top bun and grasp the death patty.
noblinkercheckthatitsclearSWEEEEEARVE to the right lane and with a supple wrist FLICK the triglyceride bomb out the drivers window.
I watch its beautiful arc, the heat lamp baked cheese glisten in the afternoon sun, and its impact just above the wipers right of center on the windshield
And I maintain speed.

and i giggle

Now the next part is what made it alllll worth it.
As they pull up next to me I see that she is not glaring at me, no. she is glaring and YELLING at her male passenger who is LAUGHING HIS loving rear end OFF I mean like sliding down the seat, eyes watering, hysterical laughter .

And as they pass I see why:
On the back of the POS was a wide assortment of bumberstickers. The most prominent ones i could read were "Kerry" "somethinsomethin SUV" and "VEGAN"

It took every bit of me not to crash as I laughed my rear end off. Mostly thinking of how much BS the guy in her car must have dealt with and how much better he feels now.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

devmd01 posted:

No need to go beyond "Infiniti qx56" they are quite possibly one of the ugliest loving cars on the road and their very existence makes me rage.

The Nissan Armada would like to have an ungainly, overcompensating word with you.

My current Kryptonite is the Acadia. You see somebody in an Acadia, you know they're late for something really important.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

kastein posted:

The best road rage story I've ever heard ended with the ragee grabbing the rager's tie through the window, rolling the window most of the way up, and taking off at a leisurely pace through the intersection, leaving the douchebag running for his life while sideways and unable to detach himself from the car. Hope he didn't like those shoes.

I did that when some kid tried to unlock my door while I was pulling out of a parking spot once. Except I rolled it up on his arm.

Funny how quick he went from demanding I hand over the money (I had one of those big pizza signs on the car) to bawling his eyes out after being dragged halfway across an apartment parking lot.

cormorant
Nov 3, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

some texas redneck posted:

(I had one of those big pizza signs on the car)

Criminal mastermind in the making right here. Dude's really thinkin big.

JukeboxHerostratus
Nov 25, 2009

kastein posted:

Actually, here it is: http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/van/366721693.html

some texas redneck posted:

I did that when some kid tried to unlock my door while I was pulling out of a parking spot once. Except I rolled it up on his arm.

Funny how quick he went from demanding I hand over the money (I had one of those big pizza signs on the car) to bawling his eyes out after being dragged halfway across an apartment parking lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGYJzzZ9wqQ&t=57s

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

SNiPER_Magnum posted:

Lately I've taken to following people who cut me off, almost hit me, tailgate excessively, etc. It's actually a lot of fun. I was surprised at how easy it is to do.

Serial killer in the making right here, folks.

Salami Surgeon
Jan 21, 2001

Don't close. Don't close.

Nap Ghost
I got the idea after watching an interview with Michael C. Hall describing research for his role as Dexter. He'd just follow completely oblivious people around on foot. It works in cars, too.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

SNiPER_Magnum posted:

I got the idea after watching an interview with Michael C. Hall describing research for his role as Dexter. He'd just follow completely oblivious people around on foot. It works in cars, too.

Not helping that whole "I'm not a serial killer" thing, bud.

E: And getting out and approaching a car while shouting, etc in obvious rage is a great way to get shot around these parts.

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

QuarkMartial posted:

E: And getting out and approaching a car while shouting, etc in obvious rage is a great way to get shot around these parts.

Same here, something like 10% of the eligible residents of my zip code have a carry permit.

0rganDonor
Jan 19, 2007

devmd01 posted:

Same here, something like 10% of the eligible residents of my zip code have a carry permit.

I was 18 or so in Atlanta and had just purchased an AK47 clone (WASR10), and being a stupid teenager I had it out of the box messing with it, no ammunition around of course, just playing with my new "toy" in the backseat of my brother's XJ. No one could see because of the hackjob tint my brother had in the back at the time, unless you were looking in from the front. My older brother, being another stupid teenager, somehow managed to piss someone off. I don't know how as my attention was elsewhere. Next thing I know dude gets out of whatever he's driving and comes up yelling and my brother is rolling the back windows down. As soon as dude sees it he calms down, gives a quick "Sorry, man" and books it back to his car. I didn't point it at him and had a pretty surprised look on my face too but hey, I think we taught the guy a lesson.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Hey Internet Rambos, don't deliberately antagonize someone who is already irrationally aggressive. It's a good way to get beaten or shot yourself, or just have them ram you / gently caress up your car. You know what's better than dragging someone through the courts for damages or assault charges? Not being damaged and assaulted.

This doesn't apply to STRs attempted mugger, gently caress that guy.

E: jesus gently caress don't brandish either, even by accident

Snowdens Secret fucked around with this message at 09:27 on Dec 5, 2013

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

devmd01 posted:

Because the ability to carry means an altercation with a god loving redneck, right? :jerkbag:

Snowdens Secret posted:

Hey Internet Rambos, don't deliberately antagonize someone who is already irrationally aggressive.

[...]

Remember the forum you are in. Not less than a handful got great custom titles for eThreatening(tm) people who may scratch or dent their car. Not that I don't agree.. hell, I keep a beater just to avoid that sort of thing.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The gun chat just reminds me how irritating it is that I'm not allowed one. :(

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Snowdens Secret posted:

Maybe in YOUR state.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

West SAAB Story posted:

You noticed that too? It was like that from Susanville all the way down to Carson, from what I've heard and seen. The drive back was grand today (and will be again shortly, I'm sure) - some idiots decided that they could finally go about 50mph or so once they got past Panther Valley. I was in the left lane after passing a slowboat, and someone from the right lane decided to cut in before it narrowed to two lanes, almost shoving me into a plow on the left side of the road by cutting me off, despite my blinkers being on.

If you ever get a double-flash 'safe to merge' or low beams flash at night from a SAAB, there is probably an 80% chance its me on this coast. :mario:

Did the plows forget to plow today or something?

http://www.reno.gov/modules/showdocument.aspx?documentid=41695

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

West SAAB Story posted:

Remember the forum you are in. Not less than a handful got great custom titles for eThreatening(tm) people who may scratch or dent their car. Not that I don't agree.. hell, I keep a beater just to avoid that sort of thing.

Cycle Asylum gets eRambos too on occasion; something about wearing full leather and body armor in public really brings out the testosterone. Neither are going to protect you from someone deliberately running you over or shooting you.

gileadexile
Jul 20, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

Cycle Asylum gets eRambos too on occasion; something about wearing full leather and body armor in public really brings out the testosterone. Neither are going to protect you from someone deliberately running you over or shooting you.

When I carried, I was always alot more willing to let bullshit slide, because I didn't want something to escalate. And a 3500lb car always seemed alot more intimidating than my Beretta. :shrug:

Drunken Lullabies
Aug 1, 2006

by Debbie Metallica
Forgot to post it but the other day I saw a lady in a new 550i with dealer plates still on it rip off her front bumper by pulling too far forward at a parking space. I went to take a picture but decided against it when she started crying. An hour later when I came back she was still standing there just staring at it.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I'm willing to bet her old car's bumper cleared bump stops and she didn't realize this one wouldn't. I scraped the lip under my bumper shortly after I got my car trying to turn around after going down an unsigned narrow dead end road. It had low curbs and I thought I would clear them. I was wrong. That said, I only scraped it, I didn't pull it off.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I followed a car once for a little while. Cause it was a Tesla and I had never seen one before.

Is there another forum SNiPER_Magnum can go to, for antisocial people? This forum was officially voted the gay forum, it's the wrong one for him.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Jonny 290 posted:

My current Kryptonite is the Acadia. You see somebody in an Acadia, you know they're late for something really important.

I hate these things:

This car is it's generation's Ford Tempo. A vapid little pile of poo poo designed to sell financing plans to idiots to stupid to buy something used and actually affordable within the confines of their budget. Naturally the rear differential is missing, making the high center of gravity and approach/departure/breakover angles useless. They drive like small cars, so the owners zip between lanes like they're in a Civic, but unlike the civic their SUV-like bodies are much better at blocking the vision of the car they just cut off. I'm always getting cut off by one of them. I hate them. I think every single owner of these turdboxes would have been better served buying a car-based station wagon. Too bad they don't exist and those idiots wouldn't have bought them if they did because wagons are uncool. To me, the Escape/Tribute/Mariner is literally the uncoolest ride one regularly sees today.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Dec 5, 2013

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
They also drive and ride about as bad as they look and the interior/instrument cluster is reminiscent of a PowerWheels car. God what a lovely vehicle.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

But look at that ground clearance and those big tires! That means it's made for bad weather, right? I just want a car that keeps me safe when I'm creeping along at 20 mph with an eighth of an inch of snow dusting the road. :ohdear:

Michael Scott
Jan 3, 2010

by zen death robot

0rganDonor posted:

I was 18 or so in Atlanta and had just purchased an AK47 clone (WASR10), and being a stupid teenager I had it out of the box messing with it, no ammunition around of course, just playing with my new "toy" in the backseat of my brother's XJ. No one could see because of the hackjob tint my brother had in the back at the time, unless you were looking in from the front. My older brother, being another stupid teenager, somehow managed to piss someone off. I don't know how as my attention was elsewhere. Next thing I know dude gets out of whatever he's driving and comes up yelling and my brother is rolling the back windows down. As soon as dude sees it he calms down, gives a quick "Sorry, man" and books it back to his car. I didn't point it at him and had a pretty surprised look on my face too but hey, I think we taught the guy a lesson.

In many states simply displaying a firearm, especially having it in your hands around another person is a misdemeanor called "brandishing" or something, and might also be considered a threat. You're lucky he didn't call the cops, but I'm sure you know that.

example in VA, a notoriously lax state: http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-282

Michael Scott fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Dec 5, 2013

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik

West SAAB Story posted:

Because the ability to carry means an altercation with a god loving redneck, right? :jerkbag:

Just trying to point out a moderately interesting statistic relevant to the discussion at hand without helping it devolve further into gunchat. :)

I'm part of that 10%, and I take that responsibility very seriously. The biggest part of that responsibility is to de-escalate in any situation.

xzzy posted:

But look at that ground clearance and those big tires! That means it's made for bad weather, right? I just want a car that keeps me safe when I'm creeping along at 20 mph with an eighth of an inch of snow dusting the road. :ohdear:

I can't wait for the commute home this afternoon/tomorrow, we're supposed to get our first good bit of snowfall. The first is always the worst, then people eventually remember how to drive with snow on the ground. INDOT does a pretty drat good job on the interstates anyways, but there will still be idiots regardless on 465.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Dec 5, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFrailNinja
Jun 28, 2008
CAN'T SEE SCHOOL BUS, INSISTS HE'S AN EXCELLENT DRIVER

GET OFF THE ROAD SON

APPARENTLY SUCKS AT POSTING TOO

Terrible Robot posted:

They also drive and ride about as bad as they look and the interior/instrument cluster is reminiscent of a PowerWheels car. God what a lovely vehicle.

Are you guys serious? I love every generation of these things that I've driven. The first generation is getting a little worse for wear at this point, but still. Maybe it's because my experience with them is exclusively at 15mph or less, but I think they're great. Maybe it's that car-like handling you guys are talking about that makes them so nice to drive. The newest generation is especially great, as with all of the new Fords that are rolling out.