Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
violetflames
Dec 2, 2013
DAMMMMMIIIITTTTT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012
...welp, that's it. I'm done with the show. It was a fun ride while it lasted but I'm sick of the angst parade and every time it seems like they're dialing it back, they pull poo poo like this.

RIP Kevin Tran, my love of Supernatural died with you. :rip:

violetflames
Dec 2, 2013

Spergatory posted:

...welp, that's it. I'm done with the show. It was a fun ride while it lasted but I'm sick of the angst parade and every time it seems like they're dialing it back, they pull poo poo like this.

Man, I hear that. I wish it were season 5 again. I have to keep going because I can't stop, but I know that you are doing the right thing....(maybe).

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Well, it looks like we get Sam back next episode at least.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
On the bright side of things, I can totally see an episode where Ash and Kevin hanging at the Roadhouse looking to make a jailbreak from Heaven.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
:cry: gently caress you, Supernatural.

I love this show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Spergatory posted:

See you next week.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Aphrodite posted:

See you next week.

Due to this I am not watching the show until January 14th

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

See you next week.

Nope, not this time. If Kevin comes back, I'll come back. Until then... :byewhore:

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
Because we all know that everyone who dies in Supernatural stays dead. Especially in a season that has been constantly playing with the mortality of its characters. Especially when five seconds before Kevin died, Cas conveniently got his "regularly-raises-people-from-the-dead" powers back :allears:

RIP Kevin, I'll miss you until you come back in 1-2 episodes.

That was a great episode, in all seriousness.

violetflames
Dec 2, 2013

Coulrophobia posted:

Because we all know that everyone who dies in Supernatural stays dead. Especially in a season that has been constantly playing with the mortality of its characters. Especially when five seconds before Kevin died, Cas conveniently got his "regularly-raises-people-from-the-dead" powers back :allears:

Perfect. Post.

bobby2times
Jan 9, 2010
Kevin gets screwed one last time. Goddamnit Dean.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

bobby2times posted:

Kevin gets screwed one last time. Goddamnit Dean.

He did say that his family so of course he is going to die, but that might be the reason he returns to.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
Haha, out of ALL the people that have died on this show, Kevin Tran is the one that makes people claim they're going to quit. Wow.

Don't be upset, now they have another man in heaven to take it down from the inside.

Edit: I was kind of joking with that comment, but the idea of all their dead friends (Bobby, Ellen, Jo, Rufus, Ash, Kevin) forming some sort of group in heaven, using Kevin's knowledge from all of the tablets, would be awesome.

3 A.M. Radio fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 4, 2013

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
Osric's Tweets are making it look like he actually is dead but I'm not making any judgements until the season comes back :colbert:

I'm not sure what everyone was expecting though, I mean, they couldn't have Kevin sitting around reading the tablets to godmod his way through the A-plot. Plus Kevin's like the only one who hasn't died yet and everyone gets a turn.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

It was actually getting kinda funny having Dean or Sam explain why Kevin wasn't in a particular episode. It seemed like there was always excuses why Kevin wasn't around so they wouldn't have to pay another actor.

I don't know why, but Kevin's death hit me hard. I really liked the character and it always seemed like he got a raw deal. Seeing him on the ground with his burnt out eyes seemed a lot more real than some of the other deaths on the show for some reason.

What I haven't seen mentioned here are the implications of the kill. If Metatron was worried about doing away with Kevin, that means that the spell was reversible (otherwise, there was no reason to get rid of a prophet.)

Also, anyone else think Crowley is going to be pissed about this? I think he genuinely liked Kevin and would take personal offense at someone other than himself killing him.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 07:52 on Dec 4, 2013

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

bull3964 posted:

Also, anyone else think Crowley is going to be pissed about this? I think he genuinely liked Kevin and would take personal offense at someone other than himself killing him.

I honestly expected the episode to end with Dean opening up Crowley's cell to tell him they needed to make a deal. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly Crowley's story with Abbadon is supposed to fit into all of this. Dean helps Crowley take over Hell, Crowley and the demons help save Heaven. I could see something like that happening.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Officer Farva posted:

I honestly expected the episode to end with Dean opening up Crowley's cell to tell him they needed to make a deal. I'm still trying to figure out how exactly Crowley's story with Abbadon is supposed to fit into all of this. Dean helps Crowley take over Hell, Crowley and the demons help save Heaven. I could see something like that happening.

well It looks like they are making a deal in the next episode with him to get rid of the Angel. I honestly expect him to become a stronger ally with him as he is so likable and they introduced Abbadon as a bigger threat.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Officer Farva posted:

Dean's so pissed he makes a binding deal with Crowley to help take down the angels. Or has Castiel do some angel magic to make Crowley help.

Castiel is right, its a war, and right now the only allies Dean has are Cas and Crowley.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008
It's been a long, uphill struggle, but I feel at this point the show is finally back on the level it used to be. Maybe not season 4/5 level, but at least the main plot/arc doesn't leave you scratching your head and disappointed.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

pentyne posted:

Dean's so pissed he makes a binding deal with Crowley to help take down the angels. Or has Castiel do some angel magic to make Crowley help.

Castiel is right, its a war, and right now the only allies Dean has are Cas and Crowley.

And Garth!

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005

Coulrophobia posted:

Except Gabriel

KilGrey
Mar 13, 2005

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? Just put your lips together and blow...

Well that actually managed to shock me, wasn't expecting that. Goodbye Kevin Tran. :smith:

Gadriel doesn't strike me as bad so much as stupid and naive. I think he spent too long locked away in heaven's dungeon. I hope Sam expels him and we get Helo back.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

KilGrey posted:

Well that actually managed to shock me, wasn't expecting that. Goodbye Kevin Tran. :smith:

Gadriel doesn't strike me as bad so much as stupid and naive. I think he spent too long locked away in heaven's dungeon. I hope Sam expels him and we get Helo back.

I wouldn't say he was even stupid/naive, just desperate. It seems like he got a horrible rep for something that wasn't his fault and now he finally sees a chance to fix that and possibly do some good. He just doesn't stop to think.

Coulrophobia
Oct 11, 2012
I'm hoping they do a continuity check with the state of the other prophets (did Crowley kill them all?) and if Crowley can still resurrect people (ala Samuel Campbell) because these will all be pretty important to explain away with the Kevin situation.

And yeah Crowley's gonna be pissed, especially after the whole "prophet blood addiction" thing that hasn't exactly been explained yet :psyduck:

joebuddah posted:

Except Gabriel

The way the cast and crew talks about him it sounds like they want to bring him back, they just haven't found a good way to. He's the kind of character that's too powerful to have around for too long because he risks overexposure and deus ex machina, and if you depower him, you lose a lot of the charm that makes him him. Even Cas got kind of notorious for the deus ex and he wasn't nearly as powerful as Gabe. It's pretty easy to come to the conclusion that he faked his death at Lucifer's hands, due to explicitly telling Dean he wouldn't kill his own brother (ergo the copy of him trying to kill Lucifer was indeed just a copy), made it a big flashy illusion with the wings and everything, and then dicked off to star in more Casa Erotica films and deliver Pepsi across the globe :allears:

e: Oh, I don't know if anyone caught it (probably) but when Metatron said he wanted to be called X, he was straight up declaring himself the new Jesus.

Coulrophobia fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Dec 4, 2013

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

BreakAtmo posted:

I wouldn't say he was even stupid/naive, just desperate. It seems like he got a horrible rep for something that wasn't his fault and now he finally sees a chance to fix that and possibly do some good. He just doesn't stop to think.

Boy, that sounds REALLY familiar.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
Apparently Jared Padalecki still has the actual piece of paper that Metatron handed Gadriel with Kevin's name on it and offered to give it to Osric Chau to auction off for charity.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Kevin! Noooo! :qq:

Looking forward to Crowly's reaction to these news.

Plotac 75
Aug 8, 2007
Mysteries of the ancient lizardman sealed by ancient, mysterious lizard magicks lost in the mysterious realm of ancient lizardmen from ages far, far ago.

CHiRAL posted:

Kevin! Noooo! :qq:

Looking forward to Crowly's reaction to these news.

"So, squirrel's come back, tail between your legs as it were. Could have sworn I smelled something cooking up there, from the screams I'd guess... Phở Tran?"

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I ended up spoiling myself on the end of the episode (loving checked twitter and forgot it was Tuesday), but still, hell of an episode.

Gonna be a bit surprised if Kevin still ends up with a dirt nap, but I don't think anyone smoked by an angel has been brought back, melty brains and all.

I was surprised as the reveal but seeing Sam act all shaky when he saw Metatron basically told me my dream of Lucifer coming back was dead and gone. No way on God's green earth would his pride allow him to look even remotely weak in front of anyone, even the head honcho of heaven.

Did laugh pretty hard at the X comment though. "No, I'm not gonna be called God, that's tasteless and tacky. Call me Christ instead. That'll go over better." :haw:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Kevin :(

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Loving the reactions here. "I hope we see Kevin's mom if she's alive... FUUUUUUUUUUCK"

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
From a mythology standpoint this show is really interesting in the way it depicts Satan because they've kind of taken all these different versions of him and made each one a separate character. Azazel, Lucifer, and now Gadriel, they've all had the name Satan attached to them by one religion or another but I think its cool that the show makes a distinction between them.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
The next preview looks absolutely great.

I actually like the dueling main plots this season. Between the angel war and Abaddon consolidating power in Crowley's absence, it's really quite interesting. You know these plots are going to crash together spectacularly.

Edit: Poor frigging Sam; he's always the poor bastard getting possessed. Has Dean ever been possessed in the course of the show? This is Sam 's third time.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Writer Cath posted:

I actually like the dueling main plots this season. Between the angel war and Abaddon consolidating power in Crowley's absence, it's really quite interesting. You know these plots are going to crash together spectacularly.

It's like season 6 done right. Remember how there was totally going to be a civil war in heaven and blah blah let's kill the only other funny angel remaining?

Midnight City
Jun 3, 2013

A 10% levy on BAKED GOODS?!

I'm definitely liking season 9 more than I've liked the past few seasons by far, but the part where it was Bartholomew's messenger getting killed by some other angel was one of the worst scenes of acting I've ever seen on TV. Neither one of those actors had the on screen presence or gravitas to pull off their lines or posturing.

Thankfully it was over pretty quick.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

Midnight City posted:

I'm definitely liking season 9 more than I've liked the past few seasons by far, but the part where it was Bartholomew's messenger getting killed by some other angel was one of the worst scenes of acting I've ever seen on TV. Neither one of those actors had the on screen presence or gravitas to pull off their lines or posturing.

Thankfully it was over pretty quick.

I thought this too, but then again it's a scene exclusively made up of angels that haven't left heaven in who knows how long. Forgiven.

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Olibu posted:

I thought this too, but then again it's a scene exclusively made up of angels that haven't left heaven in who knows how long. Forgiven.

It bothered me how different Ezekiel/Gadriel sounded from all the other angels, but now it makes since, considering he was locked up for forever so probably didn't really interact with humans all that much. I do wish the angels talked and behaved differently, though. I mean, look how awkward Cass is about pretty much everything. I don't see why the rest of the angels should behave any differently.

The way they talk and behave is way, way too similar to the way demons are, to the point where they're basically indistinguishable sometimes. It makes more sense for demons to act this way, as they're all former humans.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

I guess this means there's some new Prophet of the Lord out there somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Maybe Chuck will return! :v:

• Locked thread