Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mathhole
Jun 2, 2011

rot in hell, wonderbread.
Did they kiss and then go back and pucker up about to kiss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
:10bux: says Amy is LazyB's self insert and this is just his way of expressing his feelings to the world.

Under the guise of Sonic the Hedgehog romance fan-fiction.

Aristobulus
Mar 20, 2007

Slap omni-gel on
everything.

These avatars paid for Lowtax new boat.

Breadallelogram posted:

Amy is a god drat liar.

It's going to be hilarious if this ends with Metal Sonic appearing and calling her out on lying.

After like a straight month of nothing but this backstory, of course.

Zenzirouj
Jun 10, 2004

What about you, thread?
You got any tricks?
Or Tails finally soul-bonds with Sonic and the only thing he uses it for is to tell everybody "um no that bitch is fuckin' crazy."

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
This suspense is brutal. As much fun as I'm sure the pay-off for this flashback is going to be, that whole party seemed like a ticking time-bomb. I'm looking forward to seeing what happens when things inevitably go south.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Breadallelogram posted:

Amy is a god drat liar.

I don't know, Sonic did have a girlfriend, and he did have sex with her so he wouldn't be so mad.

Grey Skies
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hello Kitty is going to flip her poo poo

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

...line?

"As if you could outrun me!"

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t
"your to sloooooooow!" [sic]

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

That loving Sned posted:

...line?

"As if you could outrun me!"

I'd read Twilight if it were about Sonic the Hedgehog instead of vampires :allears:

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

nightmares

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

"Wanna go shoot some pool?"

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Two shall become one.

Also, lets try this game thing again.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz3n8qDqyFqvdFdBTzBSeWxEbE0/edit?usp=sharing

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

That loving Sned posted:

Sonic the Comic stuff

I got this comic every fortnight without fail for about 5 years. It was so awesome.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

Still crashes in the boss fight, either right when the attack charge begins (when the eye turns red, that is) or during the attack. Or anything between, really. This is the furthest I got it. It doesn't seem to matter how many times you can hit him or whether you even move at all.

Though it's funny how rather than fixing the ceiling bug you made it solid :v:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

tiistai posted:

Still crashes in the boss fight, either right when the attack charge begins (when the eye turns red, that is) or during the attack. Or anything between, really. This is the furthest I got it. It doesn't seem to matter how many times you can hit him or whether you even move at all.

Though it's funny how rather than fixing the ceiling bug you made it solid :v:

The thing is, on my PC, there is no bug with the ceiling. Sonic can just make his merry way out of bounds, and off the screen only to re-spawn. So I figured, the best way was to just have the game "push" sonic down, its not a solid, Sonic's just set to go down when he goes to high. I bet the reason the beam spam is crashing is due to the instance count maybe. I've never had the game crash before.

The game is trolling me. :tinfoil:

Still, I got to say thanks for trying it out. I didn't think anyone would actually do it. Just a shame I can't figure out why its crashing for you.

Stumiester
Dec 3, 2004

"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

scarycave posted:

The thing is, on my PC, there is no bug with the ceiling. Sonic can just make his merry way out of bounds, and off the screen only to re-spawn. So I figured, the best way was to just have the game "push" sonic down, its not a solid, Sonic's just set to go down when he goes to high. I bet the reason the beam spam is crashing is due to the instance count maybe. I've never had the game crash before.

Still, I got to say thanks for trying it out. I didn't think anyone would actually do it. Just a shame I can't figure out why its crashing for you.

When I died in the boss fight, I got this message:

for object obj_player:

Error in code at line 4:
global.timer += 5
^
at position 2: Unknown variable timer

for object obj_player:

Error in code at line 4:
global.timer += 5
^
at position 2: Unknown variable timer

Hope this helps!

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

scarycave posted:

Well this is really weird then. Some kind of a dependency thing is what first crossed my mind, but even though I never bothered to dabble with Gamemaker that sounds very unlikely.

In the previous version, Sonic was constantly trying to respawn when over the ceiling (I could hear the sound effect playing rapidly a few times in row) before it would crash the game. I don't know what your respawn zone logic is (whenever Sonic leaves draw area, maybe?) but I would imagine that if you can set y < 0 to force Sonic to fall, then you could just as well set it to only respawn when y > stageHeight or whatever. Assuming that in GM (0,0) is the top left corner as usual.

From Stumiester's error message it looks like you're trying to reference a variable that's nonexistant in the context you've given it. I guess.

edit: I'm running Win 8 64bit, and a quick Google search shows that GM apparently has had (and probably still does have) issues with that in some respects. Sound effects are a possible culprit. Check this thing out.
edit2: Yeah, so Gamemaker 8.1 which I guess you're using apparently uses a version of DirectSound that's broken in Win8. Playing too many sound effects at once or even certain kinds of sound effects (I have no idea) would crash the game.

tiistai fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Nov 27, 2013

C-BOX
Feb 7, 2010

by Debbie Metallica

scarycave posted:

I had none of the issues these two are experiencing when I played the first one you uploaded, although I'm running windows 7 64 bit, so either the game really is trolling you, or it's some sort of OS fuckery.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
Ok guys, I think I got it then. Yeah, the timer thing was a mess on my part - it was actually global.time. :v:

Yeah, so I stopped the boss from looping his sound effects so now you should be able to finish it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz3n8qDqyFqvZ2xKUUctLVdVa2c/edit?usp=sharing

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

You need permission

Want in? Ask the owner for access, or switch to an account with permission.

I'd rather not bother with a request :v:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

tiistai posted:

You need permission

Want in? Ask the owner for access, or switch to an account with permission.

I'd rather not bother with a request :v:

Sorry about that! :shobon:
I fixed it now. I forgot to set the permissions.

Also, Lazerbot has important news!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Lazerbot already blocked that guy from commenting on DA, after asking his fans for advice on Facebook.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

scarycave posted:

Sorry about that! :shobon:
I fixed it now. I forgot to set the permissions.

Also, Lazerbot has important news!

I am now imagining a world where Lazerbot is in charge of a company's public relations.

I am imagining most press releases would be pretty much this. :allears:

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Lazerbot spreads Christmas cheer

You know, this image isn't that weird or outlandish or anything, it's just... Why did he want to draw it? :allears:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I would be elated to wake up on Christmas morning to an "angry eyes smiley face" t-shirt.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Data Graham posted:

I would be elated to wake up on Christmas morning to an "angry eyes smiley face" t-shirt.

T-poo poo*

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

Calico Heart posted:

You know, this image isn't that weird or outlandish or anything, it's just... Why did he want to draw it? :allears:

Who is that? A self-insert?

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire
A really pissed off dude.

smilingfish
Sep 18, 2012

fuck you i am smart

That loving Sned posted:

Who is that? A self-insert?

scarycave posted:

A really pissed off dude.

Wait, you're both right.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

I hope that this was intentional and at the same time unintentional because it's hilarious.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Squallege posted:

I hope that this was intentional and at the same time unintentional because it's hilarious.

He's reached a point where he can just make a typo and say it was 100% intentional, and we'd totally buy it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Calico Heart posted:

Which one of yous told LB that Santa isn't real?

That Fucking Sned
Oct 28, 2010

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Which one of yous told LB that Santa isn't real?

after that day i
couldn't stop
myself from
saying gently caress
everytime i talked

later i heard these rumors
about this joly man that
gave everyone presence

so i searched everywhere for
this man but never
found him

i looked every where i could and
nothing

i even checked the north pool and
found nothing

it took me 15 years to search
across the globe and i never
found one flying reyndeer in
thoughs years

then i realized that santa
claus was a myth.
he wasn't real. he
didn't exist so i stoped
looking for him

:(

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

That loving Sned posted:

after that day i
couldn't stop
myself from
saying gently caress
everytime i talked

about this joly man that
gave everyone presence

this man but never
found him

nothing

found nothing

thoughs years

claus was a myth.
he wasn't real. he
didn't exist so i stoped
looking for him

:golfclap:

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Took me a moment to realize that wasn't a poem

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

That loving Sned posted:

after that day i
couldn't stop
myself from
saying gently caress
everytime i talked

about this joly man that
gave everyone presence

this man but never
found him

nothing

found nothing

thoughs years

claus was a myth.
he wasn't real. he
didn't exist so i stoped
looking for him

Santa's real, he's just in a place where he can neverbe found.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

tiistai posted:

Took me a moment to realize that wasn't a poem

But it still is poetry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruttiger
Nov 3, 2004

The music itself is changing.
Santa Claus, much like the Dragonballs, is not real.