Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the truth
Dec 16, 2007

red19fire posted:

I had to look it up, too, the SUAV is achieved by killing a mans with the bomber. How do you find the bomber?

Set your filter to be only CR maps. Find the bomber RV at C on any of the bigger maps, it's got a satellite on it and has an airplane logo when you come up to the door. You get 4 chances to drop bombs with a 5 second delay. Drop them bombs at any enemy-held objective, or on the bomber RV itself because there's usually someone waiting outside the door to kill you. Took me 2 tries, on a map with about 8 players total.

Couldn't get the filter to show any active games on my PS4, but I opened the Battlelog app on my phone and was able to find one and make my PS4 join it. Very cool. Now to find one of those RVs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

404notfound posted:

Use an ammo box (not ammo pack) to give yourself a new mortar entirely. When you place it down, it should be full of ammo.

Wonder when they're going to patch that one out.

Do you have to destroy your mortar first for this to work?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
As much as I hate wookies, mortaring isn't that much different and is awesome.

404notfound posted:

From this video, it looks like the guy just drops a new one without picking up the old one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoY5CGjgBgE&t=125s

Yeah, it never reloads, at least on the bone

Pudgygiant fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Dec 6, 2013

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

From this video, it looks like the guy just drops a new one without picking up the old one.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

404notfound posted:

Yep, that's all I do when my current one hits zero ammo and isn't regenerating right away. Get up, dump a new one down, then back into the hideyspot to rain more explosive death. :toot: The old one explodes, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't do you any damage if you're standing on it or whatever.

limited fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Dec 6, 2013

chaymie
Apr 5, 2008
Sanker, right after you disappeared, Brat, Rhena and I ran a train on the other team for a few games.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Beelzebozo posted:

:siren: DOES NOT FOLLOW DIRECTIONS! DOES NOT READ OP! :siren:

Congrats on being the first such jackass of this new thread. :waycool:

Third post, fucklord :omarcomin:

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
Mortaring is the new wookie way to play with even less risk. I hate it. If you're gonna be a shitlord you should have some risk involved.

a foolish pianist
May 6, 2007

(bi)cyclic mutation

What does wookie mean?

Nissir
Apr 23, 2007
Man with no Title
Where is the shader folder so I can delete it?

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

a foolish pianist posted:

What does wookie mean?

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

a foolish pianist posted:

What does wookie mean?
The last time Battlefield was good, the recon class had a ghillie suit and looked like wookies.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

tehinternet posted:

Mortaring is the new wookie way to play with even less risk. I hate it. If you're gonna be a shitlord you should have some risk involved.

Maybe get better at avoiding giant things falling from the sky at you?

I mean, mortars are annoying but if you're constantly getting killed by them and aren't a tank gunner with a stupid driver you gotta start blaming yourself.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Unless it got nerfed in one of the recent patches, the mortar is waaay better than BF3. I had more mortar kills in one round than I had the entirety of playing BF3.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Any news on the 1911 scope? We are supposed ot get it for playing today, and I haven't gotten poo poo. I really want that thing.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Knowing :dice: it will be released in a later patch because of bugs and balance issues.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Snackpack Backpack posted:

Knowing :dice: it will be released in a later patch because of bugs and balance issues.

Fixed bug: 1911 Scope erroneously sent guided ICBM nukes at everything it was aimed at. The missiles have been nerfed to simply normal explosives.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Game crashed literally seconds before I SUAV'ed some god drat recon camper. :dice: is unforgivable.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

:dice: Fixed bug a but where snipers would miss due to lack of skill. All sniper rifles hit and perform a 360 no scope every try.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Well I followed you guys advice and got all 3 jet ribbons in one Paracel Storm match. I'm finding the UCAV to be underwhelming. Probably just need some practice but it's hard to hit anything with this thing. Can't shoot anything nearby because it launches in a giant arc and it doesn't seem to show spot marks so you can't really track infantry easily.

Also, uhh how do I use this bomber poo poo. I mean after standing there for 5 minutes with 10 other guys as enemy after enemy shot us over and over with choppers/snipers/AA vehicles I finally got in and couldn't figure out how to shoot the drat thing.

I'm not sure how they figured out that camping vehicle 'spawns' was a dumb idea for jets/choppers but didn't think that would apply here.

Fellatio del Toro fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Dec 6, 2013

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

This unable to connect to a game bug using quick Match is loving retarded. I also fail connecting to a game roughly 40% of the time when I manually join. It just started randomly happening last week too.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Well I followed you guys advice and got all 3 jet ribbons in one Paracel Storm match. I'm finding the UCAV to be underwhelming. Probably just need some practice but it's hard to hit anything with this thing. Can't shoot anything nearby because it launches in a giant arc and it doesn't seem to show spot marks so you can't really track infantry easily.

Also, uhh how do I use this bomber poo poo. I mean after standing there for 5 minutes with 10 other guys as enemy after enemy shot us over and over with choppers/snipers/AA vehicles I finally got in and couldn't figure out how to shoot the drat thing.

I'm not sure how they figured out that camping vehicle 'spawns' was a dumb idea for jets/choppers but didn't think that would apply here.

You need to be at least 150 m from you target. Only fire in a straight line and roll and pitch to adjust to your target.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

The UCAV is way better once I stopped trying to shoot tanks that were 100 yards away. It flies surprisingly far and does a ton of damage (seemed to blow up the smaller boat in one hit).

Only downside is that it is very reliant on pubbies spotting targets :v:

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pudgygiant posted:

Yeah, it never reloads, at least on the bone

It doesn't reload on the PS4 in my experience either. Every time I use the mortar I have to spend the rest of my (usually short) life staring at the blinking ammo icon on my mini map.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Fellatio del Toro posted:

The UCAV is way better once I stopped trying to shoot tanks that were 100 yards away. It flies surprisingly far and does a ton of damage (seemed to blow up the smaller boat in one hit).

Only downside is that it is very reliant on pubbies spotting targets :v:

Aim it towards rooftops and laugh for days

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Maybe get better at avoiding giant things falling from the sky at you?

I mean, mortars are annoying but if you're constantly getting killed by them and aren't a tank gunner with a stupid driver you gotta start blaming yourself.

While this isn't an issue on a large map, on any infantry based map (see outside of locker where you have twenty feet left to right to avoid giant falling thing while being shot at) it's irritating as poo poo. It wouldn't be so bad if you could mortar and kill the person who was mortaring, but :dice:

On any other map it's no issue, but when someone can hide in spawn with a deployable and get easy kills to pad ~~** my K/D **~~ that's dumb as gently caress. Why the gently caress did dice allow that poo poo again?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Wait, mortars can be dropped in your spawn? Gotta make the mortar lords happy.

I've said it before but I really hope they can bring back team chat. A bunch of goons were doing a pistols only match on Locker and then pubbies had to come in and use real guns. If only we could tell them the rules.

Auxiliary Treats fucked around with this message at 07:05 on Dec 6, 2013

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

tehinternet posted:

While this isn't an issue on a large map, on any infantry based map (see outside of locker where you have twenty feet left to right to avoid giant falling thing while being shot at) it's irritating as poo poo. It wouldn't be so bad if you could mortar and kill the person who was mortaring, but :dice:

On any other map it's no issue, but when someone can hide in spawn with a deployable and get easy kills to pad ~~** my K/D **~~ that's dumb as gently caress. Why the gently caress did dice allow that poo poo again?

I like it being remote controlled, maybe add a 500 meter range that you have to be within to use the mortar or you only get static? It's also wicked easy to walk up and destroy the mortars if they guys all the way back at spawn since it has no defenses against people being right up close to it.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
I wish I could get a server where if by some luck I manage to get a jet, I don't instantly get shot down. I managed to blow up a single thing on Parcel before I had both enemy planes on my tail and I was shot down. Between needing jet kills and somehow winning the spawn camp race for the bomber, I can see this taking awhile to get the extra unlocks.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Jets in BF4 feel like some completely irrelevant mini game tacked onto the gameplay. They don't affect anything else but other jets. It's just this other, fairly useless, mostly harmless layer.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
I jumped in to a few games on the new maps and fell in with a really good squad, one dude was crazy good at flying helicopters so I just stuck with him and repaired the chopper as we flew around and captured all the bases on Silk Road, occasionally firing SMAWs at tanks when ammo permitted.

I also in a game before I fell in with them managed to level up the anti air vehicles 7 times in a single match, I have never hopped in one before but I was managing to tear some poo poo up in dragons pass with them. In 30 minutes of play I think I went up 5 levels, it was crazy.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

Feenix posted:

Jets in BF4 feel like some completely irrelevant mini game tacked onto the gameplay. They don't affect anything else but other jets. It's just this other, fairly useless, mostly harmless layer.

Yea, the maps are too small and the jets move way too quickly. Plus there is so much cover and extra detail on the ground its a lot harder to pick things out. Even attack jets aren't very threatening unless you are sitting still in the open for a long time while spotted.

Feels like they'd be better off replacing the jets with more helicopters. Most maps get a single attack helicopter and maybe a scout or two, feels like they could bump that up without being too much a problem.

This is better then the days of Battlefield 2 on the PC where a good jet pilot could lock down an entire team though.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Okay, I finally got my first pistol upgrade, all it took was killing three guys with a pistol in under three seconds.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Playing with goons makes all the difference. I went up three ranks and unlocked everything for the attack boat in one round. PS3 Yacht Club, Badass Boat Boyz, I salute you.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

gently caress, I pushed three dudes off a skyscraper in Dawnbreaker with the MAV and then I hit the share button to save the clip. When I went back later to upload, the thumbnail showed my MAV gameplay, but the video was from like an hour prior. What the hell, Sony :smith:

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
Speaking of Jets. Did they remove the built-in Air Radar on the Attack Jets? I might be going mad, but I was sure they had it passively before, now it's nowhere to be seen.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Oh man, the more I use the MAV, the more I love it. I get a little giddy whenever I see an enemy running up to a tank or LAV, because I know the C4 is about to come out. As soon as it leaves his hand, I pop it with the MAV and get a kill :hellyeah:

I think I'm just going to be a full-time MAV pilot from now on. Hover over my squadmates, point out when there are enemies around the corner. It's not the highest scoring activity, but it's fun as hell.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

404notfound posted:

Oh man, the more I use the MAV, the more I love it. I get a little giddy whenever I see an enemy running up to a tank or LAV, because I know the C4 is about to come out. As soon as it leaves his hand, I pop it with the MAV and get a kill :hellyeah:

I think I'm just going to be a full-time MAV pilot from now on. Hover over my squadmates, point out when there are enemies around the corner. It's not the highest scoring activity, but it's fun as hell.

MAV is in the recon kit right? I think it'd be fun playing a round or two just as an MAV.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I can't wait until we get admin rights on servers, we joined an empty operation locker server last night and played pistols only and it was amazing until the pubbies started to join and use real guns. I think only one of the pubbies who joined realized what was going on and switched to only pistol for a while. It was magical while it lasted though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TardedPanda
Jan 5, 2013
I found a video that pretty much sums up most snipers in BF4. Think of Tom as the sniper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwvG3hYX57M

Fitting.

• Locked thread