Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

Well that, and the seasons that go a totally different direction tend to work best. (In Space/RPM)

The ones that really shined were those where cancellation or switch-over loomed so the writers were given more free reign. Zeo, for example, pretty much did its own thing as does Megaforce right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
So I'm catching up on Megaforce...did they really just have a fart joke? Bulk and Skull are the only ones allowed to make fart jokes!

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
If you haven't seen it yet, Samsung is advertising a smartwatch. There's some MMPR in there.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmpYZzpDQEhlE1_mq3CI5PaJxKu2SZgOt

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
I just finished watching Go-Busters. Oh man.

Jin... :( How the gently caress did this dumb Japanese kid's show make me care about a character dying?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Coq au Nandos posted:

I just finished watching Go-Busters. Oh man.

Jin... :( How the gently caress did this dumb Japanese kid's show make me care about a character dying?
Go-Busters owns, but Shinkenger owns slightly harder. Tolerate the poo poo subs and watch it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I've found the TV-N subs don't bother me with Shinkenger especially because of just how Japanese the show is. Having random untranslated things and honorifics and the like fits the tone.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The worst thing about the finale of Go-Busters was knowing I would no longer have my weekly dose of Beet J. Stag. :sigh:

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Saw this commercial today for a Samsung phone watch thing and it has some Power Ranger clips in it from Itsy Bitsy Spider and Green with Evil. I think there is a different clip from the garage, but I don't remember what episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qeJKax2CU

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Liar Lyre posted:

Saw this commercial today for a Samsung phone watch thing and it has some Power Ranger clips in it from Itsy Bitsy Spider and Green with Evil. I think there is a different clip from the garage, but I don't remember what episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3qeJKax2CU

If I ever find myself in a situation where I have more money than sense, I'd buy one of those and set it to a communicator ringtone. I'd look like such a tool when it went off but gently caress you, I have a goddamned working communicator.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
I was pretty down on Megaforce, but Robo-Knight rapping is far too hilarious to hate. I have to see what nonsense they'll come up with next. :roflolmao:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Zonekeeper posted:

If I ever find myself in a situation where I have more money than sense, I'd buy one of those and set it to a communicator ringtone. I'd look like such a tool when it went off but gently caress you, I have a goddamned working communicator.

Half the times I hear a text-message alert go off at college, it's the communicator tone already.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

DoctorWhat posted:

Half the times I hear a text-message alert go off at college, it's the communicator tone already.

I've wanted to set it on mine, but I can't bring myself to. :(

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Just do it man. It sounds like a normal text alert so only cool people will get the reference

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
I use the GoBusters alert. One time it went off in a store and a kid grabbed his mom and said how cool it was.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Your phone has Mizuki Ichirou screaming MESSAGE DETECTED! LET'S TEXTING!?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I want the Giga Gaburevolver henshin music for my ringtone.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Your phone has Mizuki Ichirou screaming MESSAGE DETECTED! LET'S TEXTING!?

CALL MODE

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Dr Tran posted:

I use the GoBusters alert. One time it went off in a store and a kid grabbed his mom and said how cool it was.

Do you have an mp3 of that handy? I could never find one that wasn't just some schmuck holding their morpher to a microphone.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpazmasterX posted:

Do you have an mp3 of that handy? I could never find one that wasn't just some schmuck holding their morpher to a microphone.

I think that's where mine came from. Is there an anonymous file sharing service out there?

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Dr Tran posted:

I think that's where mine came from. Is there an anonymous file sharing service out there?

Tindeck will do. It's a shame Audiko moved to a paywall.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Super Megaforce / Gokaiger toys have hit Toys-R-Us.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dr Tran posted:

Super Megaforce / Gokaiger toys have hit Toys-R-Us.

Whelp, theme to buy some morphers.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Buying all the keys, at least I have an excuse because its cheaper.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
Well, that's one way to tie Goseiger and Gokaiger together. At this rate, Megaforce is already 10 times better than Samurai. I hope it doesn't get boring.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Preview of the next season of Super Sentai:

http://herotaku.com/blog/1/entry-10367-ressha-sentai-tokkyuger-revealed-updated-with-toy-catalogue-pics/

Immediately makes me think of this:

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Those costumes look horrible, but trains. :fap:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Yeah, those costumes, holy poo poo :stare:

I dig the visors, actually, they remind me a lot of Kamen Rider Knight, but the suits look like mooks from some other series.

And they apparently can't transform or call their mechs if their liner pass is out of funds. :v: So amped for Train Sentai Expresstrainger, oh yes. Then again, I would have thought "the power of samba, dinosaurs, and brave" would have turned out terribly but here we are with the most hilarious sentai in years right now.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

God drat the train robot looks like the derpiest loving thing. They literally stuck five trains together and stood it up.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Coq au Nandos posted:

God drat the train robot looks like the derpiest loving thing. They literally stuck five trains together and stood it up.

All the previews we've seen so far are of the toy; I'll probably look a lot better in the show proper.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
The rangers look like generic grunts, that's really sad.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
I would honestly say they look like characters in a sentai parody rather than one of the main series. Maybe that's what they'll go for, I dunno.

Also, just finished watching Megaforce and um... This is probably me overthinking things, but am I the only one who finds the way the series has approached alien life to be... vaguely racist? Its the way they always use it in general terms, especially compared to the way everyone goes scathing on about humans, again in that general term sorta way. The enemies of the last episode are called the 'alien armada' even by the guy who is partly in charge of that armada, and hell earlier in the series I swear one bad guy went 'what do any aliens want of other species?' with the clear implication of taking them over. It just feels... weird, considering Power Rangers has been better about this in the past. Zordon and Alpha were both aliens (wizard and robot respectively), the Rangers had various alien allies from across the universe, Rangers themselves or otherwise (and I'm counting KO-35 here, even with how they handwaved it as 'Earth isn't the only place with humans'), and hell, the whole 'anything not human must be eeeevil' argument got torn apart back in In Space and at the start of Wild Force.

So yeah, might be overthinking this, but maybe its also a consequence of trying to keep things simple for younger kids?

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

Coq au Nandos posted:

On the upside: it all being trains or vehicles means it is much more likely we get a fully combining team of zords again. :circlefap:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Has there been a show lately where all the mecha don't combine in the end? Gigant KyouryuuJin is everything I can think of, unless Plezuon isn't in it or something. (It's also ugly as poo poo)

G12 is the high watermark for "holy poo poo everything turned into one robot", though.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I think Samurai Ha-oH is the last "all the zords are there" combination.

Gigant KyouryuuJin is missing the bird, the space-dragon jet and half the the limb zords.
The one from Go-Busters was missing the red zord.
Gokeiger was missing a giant combination but the series's gimmick wouldn't have made that possible anyway.
Goseiger was missing a whole bunch of them.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Ahh. Yeah, that's all very true. I think the closest Gokaiger ever came was when Gokai-Oh got to wear GouZyuJin's arms :v:

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Robo Knight is going to learn about the true meaning of Christmas.

Well, I certainly learned a lot about Christmas. And about villages in Africa.

Three Cookies fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 7, 2013

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Here's a Super Megaforce marketing teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufK68FlPeq0

I cringe every time I see Super Megaforce material, because Gokaiger was just SO GOOD, and what they're doing to it seems so bad.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

jivjov posted:

Here's a Super Megaforce marketing teaser: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufK68FlPeq0

I cringe every time I see Super Megaforce material, because Gokaiger was just SO GOOD, and what they're doing to it seems so bad.

A new era of Power Rangers is about to explode. :geno:

So either we're gonna see some wacky explanation for the Dairanger suits, or what the gently caress is wrong with you, Saban marketing division.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Shaezerus posted:

A new era of Power Rangers is about to explode. :geno:

So either we're gonna see some wacky explanation for the Dairanger suits, or what the gently caress is wrong with you, Saban marketing division.

"To fight the invasion, we needed to become outlaws."

There. I just explained the pirate motif better than Saban ever will.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Coq au Nandos posted:

"To fight the invasion, we needed to become outlaws."

There. I just explained the pirate motif better than Saban ever will.

He said Dairanger, not Gokaiger.

I bet they'll just do some Alien Rangers excuse to explain the Dairanger suits in use.