Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
No such thing as a bad dog, just the poo poo heads who don't treat them right,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Tuesday sucked. Woke up and Sophie had found a disposable razor and chewed the poo poo out of it. I couldn't find the blade so I panicked and took them to the vet. She eats everything so I had assumed this was no different. X-ray turned up negative, and when we got home we found the rest of the razor in another part of the house.

Godammit Sophie. We've already repaired both your ACLs, stop being so expensive.

Still a good dogge.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

at the date posted:

I'm pretty sure what you're describing is the classic herding stance. He's not "chasing" the cat, per se. One of my Australian shepherds did the same thing to houseguests (and, in her early years, tended to nip their heels if they wandered away from the main group).

Nah, not a herding stance, he does that to my mother's dog. This is more of a bouncy playful trot where he half jumps then flops on the floor when she turns around.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

This is how he sleeps. Always.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

holocaust bloopers posted:

Labs own; get a lab.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

ima take what's yours then

come and get it :wink:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
This morning at 3am Crackers woke me up, which is rare. She was barking in a muffled bark and nudging me. I ask her if she wants to go outside, she loses her mind and runs circles in the bed for a minute while I get my robe on. I let her out, it's 29 degrees, she takes 2 steps outside on to the backyard's door mat and lays a fat deuce, turns around and runs inside before I can get the door closed and was making a b-line straight back to bed.

Dog's legit

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It's raining and Frank doesn't dig that. Also it's right at freezing out so we're about to get ice pellets.

Just had Frank out a minute ago in the cold rear end rain. Opened the door and he held the line next to the house under the soffit, took a long pis and bolted back to me at the door. Gonna be a good day to teach him how to wipe his feet.

E: He's not having this rain/ice stuff at all. Poor puppy.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Dec 6, 2013

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Went Christmas shopping; popped into the dog store to buy dog stuff. The awesome and chill English Mastiff was there hunkered down at the door soliciting pets from people coming and going.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
every store needs a store dogge

also bars and parties

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
sum reddit

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I saw some dogs the other day. This is what they look like:
(click for big)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

a good dogge

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Have you tried lighting incense and praying to the Omnissiah?

Godholio posted:

Not sure what he did, but Logan hurt his right front paw/leg yesterday afternoon. I think he landed weird. He's been limping pretty noticeably, and has been holding the paw just off the ground when he sits. :( It's not sore to the touch, so I'm sure he'll be ok in a few days. Last night he was wimpering and took a long time to fall asleep. :( :(

Naturally, I let him into the yard and he loving runs at about 3/4 speed to bark at the neighbor's dog.

If the limping persists There is a dogge aspirin on the market, Bruno had a really nasty sprain or something where he was doing that for a few days, paid the $15 and got him a few of those and he was right as rain a couple days later... It will likely work itself out though...

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

It's raining and Frank doesn't dig that. Also it's right at freezing out so we're about to get ice pellets.

E: He's not having this rain/ice stuff at all. Poor puppy.

Bruno is the same way, but he loves the snow. Probably because it doesn't soak him in the process. That said, when it is cold and there is a warm bed involved he is the master of the combat deuce.

The guardian of the cat box himself.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MrDesaude posted:

The guardian of the cat box himself.

Tiny Ball Mode is the best.

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Tiny Ball Mode is the best.

Only it isn't so tiny, he is on the small side of large dog. (believe it or not he weighs 55 pounds.)

He does not look big but he is a strong little tank. He also tends to headbutt me in the back of the knee when he wants me to drop something while cooking. Not too subtle, this one...

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

MrDesaude posted:

Only it isn't so tiny, he is on the small side of large dog. (believe it or not he weighs 55 pounds.)

He does not look big but he is a strong little tank. He also tends to headbutt me in the back of the knee when he wants me to drop something while cooking. Not too subtle, this one...

My 100 pound Rottweiler and 60 lb pit mix both do TBM, so I understand. Sophie does the headbutt thing too, very effectively at that.

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

As if my morning couldn't get any brighter Bruno's "Grandma" (my mother in law) stopped by with a present for him because the evil snow is here and he will freeze in the 3 minutes he is outside doing his business...

"Dad, This is warm... but I don't know how I feel about this..."

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

MrDesaude posted:

If the limping persists There is a dogge aspirin on the market, Bruno had a really nasty sprain or something where he was doing that for a few days, paid the $15 and got him a few of those and he was right as rain a couple days later... It will likely work itself out though...

Good to know, I'll keep an eye out for it next time I go to the store. He's getting better though...still won't rest on it, but he's not limping as bad and he's not moping around.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 7, 2013

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

:)

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I know it's buzz feed which is usually stupid loving lists, but this is god damned adorable.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/summeranne/real-life-fox-and-the-hound-best-friends-will-melt-your-hear

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Christmas is hard work, guys.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Godholio posted:

Logan :3:

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Saw my coworker bulldog today, poor guy had an early day and looked grumpy as gently caress :3:

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Godholio posted:

Logan always looks guilty

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

TCD posted:

Logan always looks guilty

A lot of dogs will completely give themselves up by just looking guilty, even if you haven't discovered what exactly they're guilty of. And it works, because I really can't muster the strength to get angry at guilty dog face.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

A lot of dogs will completely give themselves up by just looking guilty, even if you haven't discovered what exactly they're guilty of. And it works, because I really can't muster the strength to get angry at guilty dog face.

He's absolutely like this. But a lot of the pictures just look that way because he's resting his head and the camera is slightly above, so it gives the perspective that he's looking down with his face but up with his eyes.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Roscoe wants to tell you a story

the story is...he's Riddick

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Roscoe posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A VHS INTO THE SLOT. IT'S CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, RIDDICK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME NECRO BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE GALAXYS MOST DANGEROUS PRISON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNING

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless
From a walking trail near my parents' house:

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Sacrilage
Feb 11, 2012

It will burn the eyes.
That's what he gets for playing a stupid MLB game and not pettin that dogge.

Martello
Apr 29, 2012

by XyloJW

This is the best

Godholio posted:

I think we have the exact same tree skirt. Did you get it at Wal-Mart for 36 American?

Here's Scuda's first snow day, from a couple weeks ago:

The third to last one is my personal favorite. The first time snow fell on her, the night before I took these photos, she freaked out and couldn't get comfortable enough to take a poo poo. She kept crab-walking in circles in the making GBS threads pose and trying to get out from under the weird cold wet stuff. Finally she took her dump and then tried to yank me back inside. The next day, I let her off the leash into the yard. She took one sniff of the snow and started racing around like a maniac. She'd stop to sniff again every so often and then take off again. Now she loves snow more than anything else in the world.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Martello posted:

This is the best

I think we have the exact same tree skirt. Did you get it at Wal-Mart for 36 American?

Here's Scuda's first snow day, from a couple weeks ago:

The third to last one is my personal favorite. The first time snow fell on her, the night before I took these photos, she freaked out and couldn't get comfortable enough to take a poo poo. She kept crab-walking in circles in the making GBS threads pose and trying to get out from under the weird cold wet stuff. Finally she took her dump and then tried to yank me back inside. The next day, I let her off the leash into the yard. She took one sniff of the snow and started racing around like a maniac. She'd stop to sniff again every so often and then take off again. Now she loves snow more than anything else in the world.

Dogs in the snow is so :3:

they love it so much

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Martello posted:

No idea, it's the girlfriend's, along with the tree, lights, and ornaments. Every year that I wasn't deployed for Christmas, I'd go looking for a miniature cactus to decorate, but they always looked like they were dying.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Future German Shepherd Ownership Note To Self: TV Reinforcement