Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Beelzebozo posted:

In my head I just imagine you singing, "turn arooouuund, briiight eyes. Every now and then I fall apaaart" to each of them. But on second thought you'd probably just give them a, "hey, buddy" (the best knifing catchphrase since 3toes pioneered, "gimme yo fruit cup, bitch!").

You guys, where is 3toes?

He just podcasts now. That and teams up with Drekins to troll people in GTAV if our conversations are accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Seedge posted:

Perhaps I should patent it. I used to enjoy melee kills in Killzone 3 too: nothing better in that game than a self-revive into a zombie melee kill of the person who walked past your "surely" dead body.

Ha ha ha! How long have you had that custom title? I just noticed it. That is stonking great, m8.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Beelzebozo posted:

Ha ha ha! How long have you had that custom title? I just noticed it. That is stonking great, m8.

Had enough money for food and a few bonuses this week :)

Oh, if you need UCAV kills... try Defuse.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Crafty posted:

It would be pretty good if it changed the chat channel to just you two for those 3 seconds. I remember one of the splinter cell games let you speak to a knocked out player if you crouched over them and it was always hilarious.

It'd be good if chat channel could be changed on the fly to team mates in the local area/everyone else in the vehicle.

I think Splinter Cell Double Agent was the first to have multiplayer.

Being able to have a separate vehicle chat channel would be a dream. Whenever I'm with a pubby driver I want to warn them about stuff, but I can't. Maybe I'm making it up but didn't BF2 have something like that?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Lazyfire posted:

He just podcasts now. That and chauffeurs Drekins around in GTA V when he's high on Ketamine.

Fixed that for you.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Seedge posted:

Had enough money for food and a few bonuses this week :)

Cheers for that, by the way. :cheers:

I have your address. There's no way you can stop me sending depraved American snacks at you for the holidays.

stevey666
Feb 25, 2007

Snackpack Backpack posted:

Being able to have a separate vehicle chat channel would be a dream. Whenever I'm with a pubby driver I want to warn them about stuff, but I can't. Maybe I'm making it up but didn't BF2 have something like that?

Regular BF2 did not have this feature to my memory. BF2 does have a massive mod (Project Reality) that lets you have positional voice chat.. which does sound awesome and makes me miss playing BF2.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

tehinternet posted:

Fixed that for you.

I figured that was spoken in confidence...

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

stevey666 posted:

Regular BF2 did not have this feature to my memory. BF2 does have a massive mod (Project Reality) that lets you have positional voice chat.. which does sound awesome and makes me miss playing BF2.

I know Halo did stuff like this way back in Halo 2. I don't know if it's still in the new ones because party chat but y'know.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Crafty posted:

It would be pretty good if it changed the chat channel to just you two for those 3 seconds.
GTA V online does this so you can talk to and hear the person you just murdered, lasts a few seconds and was just great. For distance engagements I could see it being off in BF4 but it definitely needs to be a thing when shanking.

Green Puddin
Mar 30, 2008

When BF4 isn't crashing it is so drat fun. Was doing pretty well in the lockers last night then as the match hit it's last ticket for the opposing team an error occurred gently caress you buddy!

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Green Puddin posted:

When BF4 isn't crashing it is so drat fun. Was doing pretty well in the lockers last night then as the match hit it's last ticket for the opposing team an error occurred gently caress you buddy!

Or when you wait 20+ minutes to get a your third friend into the server, you squad up, and THEN your game freezes. :dice:

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

tehinternet posted:

Pretty sure it has to be with a shitlord pubby launcher (stinger, Igla, SRAW).

You can do it with the special pickup launcher as well

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

red19fire posted:

Are the CR assignments broken in this game? I can only unlock things if I get everything in one round. I've done 'get a kill with dmr/shotgun/c4 in one round' several times and it doesn't seem to stick.

Do I have to get the 3 ribbons at the same time? or do I have to get them first and then the dmr/shotgun/c4 part will stick?

It's the latter. As long as you see the gun unlocked in-game, you have it for good regardless of what battlelog says. Sometimes, you'll unlock the weapon but the assignment will still be active afterwards! :dice:

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

yellowcar posted:

Sometimes, you'll unlock the weapon but the assignment will still be active afterwards! :dice:

This happened to me with the MTAR assignment when I crashed two minutes after unlocking it :toot:

red19fire
May 26, 2010

yellowcar posted:

It's the latter. As long as you see the gun unlocked in-game, you have it for good regardless of what battlelog says. Sometimes, you'll unlock the weapon but the assignment will still be active afterwards! :dice:

Okay, I hope so. I've done the dmr/c4/shotgun several times, and it shows up at the end screen as being complete, but doesn't stick.

:dice:

Bedlam
Feb 15, 2008

Angry thoughts

All day I've been getting a "you have lost connection to ea servers" message when I click multiplayer, while everyone else in my party can play just fine. My internet connection is fine, I've restarted the game, restarted the console, AND restarted my router. I have no idea how to fix this and I can never go back to campaign. :ohdear:

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

Bedlam posted:

All day I've been getting a "you have lost connection to ea servers" message when I click multiplayer, while everyone else in my party can play just fine. My internet connection is fine, I've restarted the game, restarted the console, AND restarted my router. I have no idea how to fix this and I can never go back to campaign. :ohdear:

How are you restarting the game/console?

I have the beta 'game resume' feature set and when I tell the Xbox to turn off it doesn't reconnect to EA properly. I have to hit Menu/Start on the dash and specifically quit BF4 to reconnect.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

stevey666 posted:

To be fair outside of party chat all you'd hear on vehicle chat would be either-

'Tank over there!'
'loving C4!'
Followed by explosion.
'MINE! STOPSTOPSTO-' Also followed by a explosion.

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.

bringer posted:

How are you restarting the game/console?

I have the beta 'game resume' feature set and when I tell the Xbox to turn off it doesn't reconnect to EA properly. I have to hit Menu/Start on the dash and specifically quit BF4 to reconnect.

I'm also having issues today (in the UK if that matters), system standby, full start from cold or whatever and it doesn't let me connect to EA servers. Going to try again now for probably the 8-10th time today.

Edit: and it works, connected fine and I haven't done anything different than I tried earlier.

Chernobyl Prize
Sep 22, 2006

Bedlam posted:

Not sure if this is your problem but if you're using the commander app on a tablet it'll log you out of multiplayer on the console. That was what was happening to me anyway on the PS4 while I was playing with the app while I had the game going.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
This game has made me feel old. I played plenty of BF3 last gen, but this game coupled with a new controller leaves confused like I've never played a game before. At least this game awards you for playing the objectives because I'm just fodder at this point.

I feel really stupid for ordering Premium at this point with the game still crashing. But I saw my friends playing a map I didn't have and I want to be battle buddies.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

limited posted:

To be fair outside of party chat all you'd hear on vehicle chat would be either-

'Tank over there!'
'loving C4!'
Followed by explosion.
'MINE! STOPSTOPSTO-' Also followed by a explosion.

I had a dude singing christmas carols the other day, the chipmunk christmas song to be precise. That was a really fun (if short) ride.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Robot Danger posted:

I feel really stupid for ordering Premium at this point with the game still crashing. But I saw my friends playing a map I didn't have and I want to be battle buddies.

I can't wait until China Rising becomes general release. Then I can run around knifing all the new recons playing with toy planes. :allears: To be fair the only reason I haven't got Premium myself is because I'm aiming to get a PS4 when the usual launch-stranglehold on supply is lifted, and I'm currently playing on 360. :argh:

Underwhelmed posted:

I had a dude singing christmas carols the other day, the chipmunk christmas song to be precise. That was a really fun (if short) ride.

Got to admit I'd have this Command and Conquer track blaring to anyone who jumps in my gunner seat if I was driving a tank. Major flashback to ordering around a legion of GDI tanks. :black101:

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything
Am i the only one that is infuriated by the 3-4 inch raise in elevations causing you to have to jump, and "possibly" make it over? This has been one of my biggest pep peeves in Battlefield since I stated playing them.

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Ironsolid posted:

Am i the only one that is infuriated by the 3-4 inch raise in elevations causing you to have to jump, and "possibly" make it over? This has been one of my biggest pep peeves in Battlefield since I stated playing them.

This isn't a problem unique to BF4, but is annoying as gently caress, especially since a lot of 3rd person not-shooters don't have this issue (obviously things are different when LOS is so important) and one gets used to not getting stuck on a curb. AC4 is sometimes annoying hilarious in the sense that Edward often runs up poo poo you don't want to, but I honestly think I prefer that to the reverse situation.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ironsolid posted:

My favorite is when I can vault over 2 feet high obstacles and pull myself up out of the water, but somehow I can't jump over 3-4" of rubble.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

DICE is staffed entirely by quadriplegics that may or may not also be drunk children.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Just post this every page since it's not like anyone will read that huge first post.

BF4 Bug Tracker

Has anyone on PS4 done the campaign lately? According to this post they fixed losing progress. The EMP affecting your vision doesn't seem like it's fixed yet either.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Snackpack Backpack posted:

Just post this every page since it's not like anyone will read that huge first post.

BF4 Bug Tracker

Has anyone on PS4 done the campaign lately? According to this post they fixed losing progress. The EMP affecting your vision doesn't seem like it's fixed yet either.

When did they fix it? I went to continue my campaign stuff yesterday and it was gone (after previously when they said they fixed it I was able to save/reload).

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

limited posted:

I can't wait until China Rising becomes general release. Then I can run around knifing all the new recons playing with toy planes. :allears: To be fair the only reason I haven't got Premium myself is because I'm aiming to get a PS4 when the usual launch-stranglehold on supply is lifted, and I'm currently playing on 360. :argh:

Got to admit I'd have this Command and Conquer track blaring to anyone who jumps in my gunner seat if I was driving a tank. Major flashback to ordering around a legion of GDI tanks. :black101:

I always preferred the Red Alert 2 soundtrack

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006
Possibly a Megalodon in BF4?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fk5fdlbwL34

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

If it's an armoured column,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TguCx2WDK2k

Had some good late night Rush tonight, and I wanted to see if any of ye want the SQDM medal....

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

This game needs a Do Not Resuscitate dogtag that charges people 50 points every time they try to revive you.

I don't think I've ever once been revived by a pubbie and thought "being revived here was a positive thing."

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Fellatio del Toro posted:

This game needs a Do Not Resuscitate dogtag that charges people 50 points every time they try to revive you.

I don't think I've ever once been revived by a pubbie and thought "being revived here was a positive thing."

The amount of times in Battlefield games that I've been revived as the medic reviving me is gunned down is astounding. Doubly so given how I spam the spot button on every single enemy I come across. If the fucker is spotted, you know he's there, just loving kill him before you revive me, rear end in a top hat, you have no excuse.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Seedge posted:

Had some good late night Rush tonight, and I wanted to see if any of ye want the SQDM medal....

I'm up for this, but why did they have to make it 50 this time? :qq:

I was reading that you're able to knife and counter while swimming. Have you tried that out yet?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Yeah, playing as a medic is way less useful it seems than in past games. I keep trying to be something other than engineer but I can't do it because I know I'm costing my team when I do it.

Edit: maybe give 5 or 10 points when healed fully by a teammates health pack?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Bloo bloo bloo I can't refuse revives oh wait

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Protip: if you're like me and keep mashing the right stick too hard while trying to shoot somebody and end up swinging your knife in the middle of a shootout, there's an option to swap knife and crouch. It works extra well, because you can crouch and prone without having to move your thumb away from the right stick.

There's some weirdness when it comes to some non-infantry things, like when piloting a MAV the descend button is now depressing the right stick, but overall it works a lot better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

tehinternet posted:

Bloo bloo bloo I can't refuse revives oh wait

It's less about that and more about those situations where you don't even have enough time to refuse a revive and the enemy kills you again before the prompt even appears. Sure it doesn't affect your stats, but it give him free points, and gently caress that guy, he already got points for killing you once :argh:

• Locked thread