Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CapnBoomstick
Jan 20, 2006
Every Microsoft commercial that has that same loving Sarah Bareilles song "Brave." They all end with "I want to see you be brave." Hey Microsoft, I shouldn't have to be brave to try out your lovely phones or tablets.

Speaking of Microsoft, the Xbone commercials with the dudebros playing Call of Duty: Ghosts and yelling "Xbox, record that!" every five seconds. Almost every time they do it is during a cut scene. It's not like they pulled off some sick no-scope 720 for their Youtube montage, literally everyone that plays the single-player campaign through will see the exact same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
XBOX! Record that:smug:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Oh my god this JC Penney commercial where they changed the lyrics of Feliz Navidad makes me angry. Not only are the lyrics terrible, they actually sound like the laziest lyricist ever wrote them. They make sure to squeeze in the Spanish words amor and grande right at the last second because hey guys it's a Spanish song!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Stairs posted:

I love my e-cig, but would never dream of using it in public and I'm with you on the regulation thing. Mine doesn't even use nicotine anymore (because I slowly removed it) but all I can think of is "If I used this in public someone might think it's real and try to light up themselves and then everyone will hate me." That by itself is enough reason to me to not let it be allowed in public. Those commercials make us normal e-cig users (I hate the term "vapers") look like smug douchebags. Also thanks to Jenny McCarthy watch the drat things turn out to cause Autism.

The one thing about McCarthy's ad that pissed me off is how she makes sure she waves the damned thing around while she's laughing it up with her friends.

Yes, Jenny, we get it. You have an e-cig. Now go gently caress yourself with it.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Dec 10, 2013

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

carry on then posted:

Somehow I think it was both staged and the exact same photos they were showing. However, it is not unrealistic for people not to recognize a complex shape that is only 30% drawn.

I don't know, even the really incomplete maps are still pretty obviously an outline of some portion of the U.S.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

SpookyLizard posted:

XBOX! Record that:smug:

In reality they would have snapped to Skype and then shut off the console. :v:

LeJackal
Apr 5, 2011

Kaizoku posted:

Is this a serious or joke post? I really can't tell.

Look into your heart.

But not your colon - like the new pepto pro-biotic scam commercial would have you look! Yet again, the issue of regular shits is so vital and all-encompassing that people on a motherfucking double-decker bus are subjected to a perky blonde bimbo shrieking and laughing about how healthy her colon is now that she's slamming down poo poo-pills like Mrs. Pacman. Do not accept her advances, semi-attractive couple! Throw her and that insufferably healthy colon over the railing and demand a refund!

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

CapnBoomstick posted:

Every Microsoft commercial that has that same loving Sarah Bareilles song "Brave." They all end with "I want to see you be brave." Hey Microsoft, I shouldn't have to be brave to try out your lovely phones or tablets.

You mean, "Onna SEE! / I WANNA SEE A BREE-BREE!!!"

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Kimmalah posted:

I don't know, even the really incomplete maps are still pretty obviously an outline of some portion of the U.S.

People can't even draw most of the states or recognize the outlines of them when shown, according to...well there's lots of sources for that.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Rahonavis posted:

You mean, "Onna SEE! / I WANNA SEE A BREE-BREE!!!"

This commercial has made me hate the way people say 'honestly' before a super boring opinion.

also reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMdSIk2sRKA

StormDrain fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Dec 10, 2013

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

StormDrain posted:

This commercial has made me hate the way people say 'honestly' before a super boring opinion.

also reminds me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMdSIk2sRKA

That was just mean.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Sash! posted:

People can't even draw most of the states or recognize the outlines of them when shown, according to...well there's lots of sources for that.

Best recent example: that "How the States Got Their Shapes" show. Brian Unger would do man on the street bits with a chalkboard and a state outline drawn on it.

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
I can't find it, but that AXE hair commercial that plays on the South Park website a lot where there are two opposing videos going at the same time, in which one has a girl demonstrating a technique for making a quick bun with sort of wet hair, and the other is this douchebag who quickly puts some styling putty in his own hair and spikes it up, then walks out of his area to fast forward the girl's video until the end which takes a whole whopping 5 minutes or something. So many things bug me about that video, but mostly it's the dude's smug loving face when he fast forwards the girl (not to mention that video is like a how-to tutorial and wouldn't be fast in the first place but whatever). AXE isn't known for being PC but dude is straight up like, "can you believe this chick is still talking heh". ugh.

Rassle
Dec 4, 2011

Grin and Tonic posted:

I can't find it, but that AXE hair commercial that plays on the South Park website a lot where there are two opposing videos going at the same time, in which one has a girl demonstrating a technique for making a quick bun with sort of wet hair, and the other is this douchebag who quickly puts some styling putty in his own hair and spikes it up, then walks out of his area to fast forward the girl's video until the end which takes a whole whopping 5 minutes or something. So many things bug me about that video, but mostly it's the dude's smug loving face when he fast forwards the girl (not to mention that video is like a how-to tutorial and wouldn't be fast in the first place but whatever). AXE isn't known for being PC but dude is straight up like, "can you believe this chick is still talking heh". ugh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HozuUYWY4fs

Grin and Tonic
Oct 20, 2008

having a blast online
loving hell

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Stairs posted:

I love my e-cig, but would never dream of using it in public and I'm with you on the regulation thing. Mine doesn't even use nicotine anymore (because I slowly removed it) but all I can think of is "If I used this in public someone might think it's real and try to light up themselves and then everyone will hate me." That by itself is enough reason to me to not let it be allowed in public. Those commercials make us normal e-cig users (I hate the term "vapers") look like smug douchebags. Also thanks to Jenny McCarthy watch the drat things turn out to cause Autism.

Jenny McCarthy is literally a crazy person.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

That haynes cat shirt commercial.

"The kittens are super soft." The way the guy delivers the line, I want to punch him in the throat.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
I miss the commercial with the guy stabbing himself in the ear.

ILL ON PZONES
Oct 13, 2013

Wojtek posted:

I miss the commercial with the guy stabbing himself in the ear.

I too look fondly back upon this commercial now that Christmas is here. gently caress you every retailer everywhere.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Not that I was a fan of AT&T's commercials before (and I can actually tolerate some of their "interview the schoolchildren ads") but are they just stuck on running the same drat one now as often as possible?

And what place are you in?
...Kindergarten!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Hey Remy Martin, I wasn't gonna drink you before, I'm sure as hell ain't gonna drink you now.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

What is the song that plays on the commercials for Grudge Match? Because I'm hearing it play on no less than three other commercials in circulation right now, and it also played on commercials for R.I.P.D. There are definitely worse songs to oversaturate on TV and radio, but enough is enough.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Y-Hat posted:

What is the song that plays on the commercials for Grudge Match? Because I'm hearing it play on no less than three other commercials in circulation right now, and it also played on commercials for R.I.P.D. There are definitely worse songs to oversaturate on TV and radio, but enough is enough.

It's the lovely Macklemore song that isn't the lovely Macklemore song about the thrift shop.
Only hearing it on 3 commercials at the same time is a relief compared to how many commercials had it in the spring / early summer.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

raditts posted:

It's the lovely Macklemore song that isn't the lovely Macklemore song about the thrift shop.
I take back what I said about there being worse songs to be oversaturated by.

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!
I just saw a new trailer for The Hobbit. The narrator finally pronounces "Smaug" like a normal person who isn't having a stroke mid-word.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider
Does Christopher Tolkien have an episode when someone mispronounces his father's made up words like Robert Jordan did when people mispronounced his arbitrary collections of syllables?

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

anticake posted:

Does Christopher Tolkien have an episode when someone mispronounces his father's made up words like Robert Jordan did when people mispronounced his arbitrary collections of syllables?

I'm pretty sure the latter just tugged at his braid and was done with it

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I just saw a new trailer for The Hobbit. The narrator finally pronounces "Smaug" like a normal person who isn't having a stroke mid-word.
The best part of the second Hobbit movie is hearing sports announcers and other sports personalities try to pronounce it.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Y-Hat posted:

The best part of the second Hobbit movie is hearing sports announcers and other sports personalities try to pronounce it.

I'm pretty sure Verne Lundquist got it right

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I don't know if Modern Family is good or not, but man I am tired of hearing ads for it on USA. Almost literally every commercial break you will get two or three ads promoting the fact they are now airing re-runs of the show.

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

Rirse posted:

I don't know if Modern Family is good or not, but man I am tired of hearing ads for it on USA. Almost literally every commercial break you will get two or three ads promoting the fact they are now airing re-runs of the show.

To be fair, USA loves that poo poo, almost as much as they love white protagonists in major American cities doing one particular job that somehow always turns into crime/mystery solving

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
My favorite holiday commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOO9tAsHcT4

To this day I will still say "He can't have her, I love her!"

letthereberock
Sep 4, 2004

I don't know if it is national or not but here in the Philadelphia area I am seeing a XFinity/Comcast commercial where a parent is dropping off his son and daughter at their grandmother's - the kids don't want to go but then they find out that their grandmother has XFinity by Comcast!!! So now they can watch all of the same shows they would have at home! It is a truly soul crushing commercial. All this old lady wants to do is spend some time with her grand kids but the stupid little brats only tolerate her for her TV.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It's definitely not local. They play it on the local ABC/NBC affiliates out of Detroit.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

SubponticatePoster posted:

My favorite holiday commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOO9tAsHcT4

To this day I will still say "He can't have her, I love her!"

WEEPING...WEEPING...

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Vicas posted:

To be fair, USA loves that poo poo, almost as much as they love white protagonists in major American cities doing one particular job that somehow always turns into crime/mystery solving
USA: (White) characters welcome.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Mahoning posted:

I'm pretty sure Verne Lundquist got it right

I'm pretty sure Verne Lundquist is actually a deposed Dwarvish king.

His people once ruled the coastal plains from Carolina to Louisiana and it was prophesied that one called T'Bow would restore his empire. He mistakenly believed that Tim Tebow was this savior.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
Or them being on an episode of law and order at some point earlier in their career. That airs like every break, but they left out that they were airing the "Cool dudes in random episodes" marathon, including Michael Shannon and James Urbiank. And Jane Krakowski. As a crazy lady.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Does your commercial feature children singing? it is terrible. There are no exceptions. Garmin is the biggest offender right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

Does your commercial feature children singing? it is terrible. There are no exceptions. Garmin is the biggest offender right now.

What if it's an ad for A Charlie Brown Christmas?