Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

Cannot Find Server posted:

Sure it doesn't affect your stats, but it give him free points, and gently caress that guy, he already got points for killing you once :argh:

Nope. You don't get points or a kill for killing someone before they accept a revive, just a damage tick to let you know you hit something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

bringer posted:

Nope. You don't get points or a kill for killing someone before they accept a revive, just a damage tick to let you know you hit something.

Every time I reventilate someone's dome after they get revived I've received another 100 points

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

Like 98% of the time I do as well but the other day I got a damage tick and the revived guy just flopped back dead. I assumed after that my points were coming from people spamming accept like I usually do.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

tehinternet posted:

Bloo bloo bloo I can't refuse revives oh wait

Sure but I still get to roll the :dice: and hope it doesn't break the game and force me to restart!

I mean even Killzone has figured this poo poo out. (a triangle prompt shows up, hit triangle at the death screen or spawn screen and you revive, doesn't interrupt your loadout changes, and doesn't break the game)

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bringer posted:

Like 98% of the time I do as well but the other day I got a damage tick and the revived guy just flopped back dead. I assumed after that my points were coming from people spamming accept like I usually do.

It's also Battlefield, so I'm not convinced that the game just didn't give you points because :dice:. I never once didn't get points for killing someone at the near exact same time that they were revived in BF3, and don't even get me started on how many times I didn't get repair points/revive points/resupply points/heal points in BF3 and BC2. Or they might have changed it from BF3 to BF4.

Pricely
Oct 27, 2011

Please pay attention to me. Please. Someone. Anyone. Please?!

Someguy posted:

nah they suck

buy me one and we can play pdot

kickstart it, i will pay $8 if i get a tshirt

Call Me Cismale
Oct 23, 2013

by Fistgrrl

Robot Randy posted:

Every time I reventilate someone's dome after they get revived I've received another 100 points

Its only if they had accepted, I've noticed the difference. And most pubs mash A so they accept seemingly instantly.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

Cannot Find Server posted:

It's also Battlefield, so I'm not convinced that the game just didn't give you points because :dice:. I never once didn't get points for killing someone at the near exact same time that they were revived in BF3, and don't even get me started on how many times I didn't get repair points/revive points/resupply points/heal points in BF3 and BC2. Or they might have changed it from BF3 to BF4.

One day I was getting 400pt flashes for sage blowing up Mcoms. It was great, he got pissed I was stealing his points but I explained that I was just delegating like a real leader.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

:cmon:

http://battlefieldgoons.com/topkillers?w=skid-loader

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Where is there a skid loader.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Tryin to unlock the L85A2. Is there a sweet spot on the defib? I should have about 10 kills with it over the last two rounds. Instead... none. grrr

Donald Kimball
Sep 2, 2011

PROUD FATHER OF THIS TURD ------>

Fleetwood posted:

Tryin to unlock the L85A2. Is there a sweet spot on the defib? I should have about 10 kills with it over the last two rounds. Instead... none. grrr

Are you charging them? Aim for the chest or dickhole.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Charge them and zap the hell out of people. Watch the videos I posted I zapped the hell out of people.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china
Shiiiiiit. Doh, thanks.

gently caress yeah. You wouldn't believe how many dudes I shadowed before you guys clued me in.

Fleetwood fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 11, 2013

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Just kinda want to rant a little bit.
I wish there were 24/7 servers on the PS4 because, in all the time I've been playing, I've only played Paracel Storm twice and I actually enjoy Operation Locker for unlocking gun attachments but I can't ever play these maps because they just don't come up in the rotation that often. I can sort the servers by map and pick one but I can't tell how long into the game it is so I don't know if there's 40 minutes left or 30 seconds left.

I also wish the MTAR showed up under your progression page. I don't know how far along I am in its attachments and that's annoying.

And most annoying of all, I seem to have some weird sound issue where background noise cuts out and all i can hear are my soldiers footsteps or explosions really loud.

That's it for now. Otherwise I really love this game.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I use the server browser in a web browser to join games on the PS4 as it seems to show a lot more games, so try a PC or iPad or whatever, it works better for some reason. Also, the games always rotate in the same order, so if you want to play operation locker, join an existing Golmud Railway map and play it out and stay for the next game.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Snackpack Backpack posted:

I'm up for this, but why did they have to make it 50 this time? :qq:

I was reading that you're able to knife and counter while swimming. Have you tried that out yet?

It was 50 when I got it in BF3, kid. And I have a few nautical hugs. I hope for BF5 to let me steal boats by stabbing the dudes out. Ulti claims to have been stabbed out of a scout heli once.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Don't worry the firmware update doesn't fix the crash issue in BF4

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Robot Randy posted:

As mentioned, its because they accepted the revive. If they are just looking at the option to revive and you put them down again, you get no points and obvious they are forced to respawn normally.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

Pricely posted:

kickstart it, i will pay $8 if i get a tshirt

i will give you either an old beat up pink floyd sweater or a new one that has an outline of carl sagan's face on it if you buy a ps4 to play this game with me since i will probably just buy that at some point; offer also applies to all the other cool dudes that played together in the past (you know who you are :wink:, though us older krewers miss you all dearly)

Someguy fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Dec 11, 2013

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
Is anyone on the PS4 online now? Sick of playing with silent pubs.

Psn: Hamburlgar

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Hamburlgar posted:

Is anyone on the PS4 online now? Sick of playing with silent pubs.

Psn: Hamburlgar

Yea I am. Sending you a request but afk for 5 minutes.

PSN Phorrum if anyone wants to add me too.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

What map do people dislike the most? I'm not a fan of Siege of Shanghai. Operation locker would be more fun but it crashes every time at some point and I'll wait until they fix that and for someone to make a 24/7 locker server.

Shanghai is just a giant upside down U and I see as many stalemates on this map as I do in locker.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Ineffiable posted:

What map do people dislike the most? I'm not a fan of Siege of Shanghai. Operation locker would be more fun but it crashes every time at some point and I'll wait until they fix that and for someone to make a 24/7 locker server.

Shanghai is just a giant upside down U and I see as many stalemates on this map as I do in locker.

I really hate the open maps with not a ton of space for infantry. So maps like the Dam.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax
Well OP Locker is prob one of the worst BF maps they've ever made, so I'm going to pick that one.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Ineffiable posted:

That bottom half of the U is completely impenetrable to boats, jetskis, transport helicopters, attack helicopters, spawn beacons or swimming, amirite.

If you're getting stalemated on Shanghai you need to stop running at the meatgrinder at the skyscraper.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Someguy posted:

Well OP Locker is prob one of the worst BF maps they've ever made, so I'm going to pick that one.

Locker rules. If your team immediately rushes C and wins the initial firefight.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Flood Zone by far. gently caress that map.

When Operation Locker comes up, I throw on my assault kit and I'm guaranteed MVP.

Tuna, the Muse
Mar 28, 2003
You're a one-man death machine, now make this city bleed.
What's the best way to access the China Rising maps on PS4? Do they show up in the cycle randomly if you just go into a quick match?

TardedPanda
Jan 5, 2013

Ineffiable posted:

Operation locker playing Obliteration is some of the most fun I've had in this game. Non stop action and explosions. I was in a pubbie squad the other night that actually worked well together (wierd I know). It was nice to have nonstop ammo and health. The guy who played recon was even smart enough to put a spawn beacon in a pretty good location so we could get back to the fight quickly. Our teams kept trading objectives. We fought over the last one for a long time until we finally lost. I scored my medical medal during that fight. Too much fun.

I'm pretty sure it has caused BF4 PTSD!

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011
There's China Rising specific servers, if you select the maps in the filters on the server browser, they should show up.

I don't think there's any vanilla+cr servers around yet, so you're stuck with the four-map rotation.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Everytime I try to use server filters on the PS4 it tells me "No servers listed" or whatever. It bugs the hell out of me even when I'm vague as hell with Conquest / Conquest Large, East Coast.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The server browser is usually pretty broken, just like most features of this game.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

404notfound posted:

Protip: if you're like me and keep mashing the right stick too hard while trying to shoot somebody and end up swinging your knife in the middle of a shootout, there's an option to swap knife and crouch. It works extra well, because you can crouch and prone without having to move your thumb away from the right stick.

There's some weirdness when it comes to some non-infantry things, like when piloting a MAV the descend button is now depressing the right stick, but overall it works a lot better.

Thank you. I always feel like the biggest loving idiot when I swing my knife in a gun fight.

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

Ularg posted:

Everytime I try to use server filters on the PS4 it tells me "No servers listed" or whatever. It bugs the hell out of me even when I'm vague as hell with Conquest / Conquest Large, East Coast.

RCarr posted:

The server browser is usually pretty broken, just like most features of this game.

The server browser on battlelog actually works for the console versions too. As long as you're logged in on the console, you can join via the browser and it will automatically put you into a game on the console.

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Locker rules. If your team immediately rushes C and wins the initial firefight.

Meh. Just not a fan of meat grinders, and I like my infantry combat in BF on open maps with everything in em', with big, open spaces, actual sight lines and large engagement zones. Plus aesthetically, the map is awful. Too bright on the outside, too dark on the inside, and who wants to run around some drab, prison labyrinth for 60 minutes? It's right up there with lock-on weapons for 'things that shouldn't belong in a BF game' imo.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Aishan posted:

The server browser on battlelog actually works for the console versions too. As long as you're logged in on the console, you can join via the browser and it will automatically put you into a game on the console.

This is the best way to find a server for a group. There's a 10+ open slot filter so you can usually find a midpop server easily.

Someguy posted:

It's right up there with lock-on weapons for 'things that shouldn't belong in a BF game' imo.

That would make helicopters entirely too powerful

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
Woah, had no idea you could use the server browser to connect through the console. That is actually really cool. Will be so much easier to get parties together in games now!

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax

FateoMcSkippy posted:

That would make helicopters entirely too powerful

Nah, they are a terrible crutch and ruin that aspect of the game (more so then Dice has already done by making helicopters unredeemable poo poo in every other way). But honestly, don't get me started on this, as posters of the previous BF3 thread will attest. I'm already *literally shaking*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Someguy posted:

Nah, they are a terrible crutch and ruin that aspect of the game (more so then Dice has already done by making helicopters unredeemable poo poo in every other way). But honestly, don't get me started on this, as posters of the previous BF3 thread will attest. I'm already *literally shaking*

This is why lock on weapons are the best in the game.

• Locked thread