Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Air superiority is the stupidest poo poo holy gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenicus
Jun 30, 2013
Got the Platinum trophy. Man, that campaign was such a slog to get through.

I did enjoy watching Hannah and Irish die (albeit in separate endings)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

If you got an Xbox, and you have BF4 and premium, AND you wish you didn't have it (or want to tell DICE to gently caress off) this is for you.

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/battlefield-4-premium-members-receiving-refunds

Keep in mind it's like returning something at the store. You don't get your money back and get to keep premium. Article only says
Xbox is confirmed, no telling if Sony will follow suit.

quote:

Following a slew of problems with the game, some of which have been patched and some of which are still waiting to be resolved, a number of Xbox-based Battlefield 4 Premium members -- those who paid extra for early access to certain content -- have been requesting refunds from Microsoft Support. And it's been working, too; those who have complained have successfully received refunds, though their Battlefield 4 Premium memberships have been revoked in the process.

Players who have been trying to play the game on Sony platforms have also been requesting refunds, but in the absence of a real-time chat facility like Microsoft has, responses have been less immediate.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009
I like Flood zone, it's kind of cool to be fighting on the ground when the water starts rising, especially when you're mid-firefight with someone, so you both have to switch to pistols to swim and shoot. Dawn Breaker is probably my least favorite due to the extremely small map size, that they still try to fit jets into. There's literally no reason to use the jet on the map except for stunt flying between buildings because by the time you lock on to a ground target, you have to turn around, or you've hit one of the sky scrapers or they are behind a building. That map just turns into wookies on the roof tops shooting down at the people with minimal flanking routes while helicopters occasionally lose 20 health to someone stupid enough to try to fly a jet on that map.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

dog nougat posted:

Use battlelog on your computer, phone or tablet. You can browse and join servers, plus it has way better filters. Additionally you can use it as a giant map.
yeah, I really like the giant map sometimes. It even loads the map before it loads the level on the PS4, so you know what side you're on, and where the first control points are.

Also, I hate Flood Zone, I specifically filter that map out.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Flood Zone would be better if you could blow up the tops of the buildings and render them un-usable so idiot pub snipers have to actually do something.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
It would be better if you use any air vehicles as your personal loving taxi to a rooftop and then ditch out of the pilot seat to let it die you would be banned. Usually killing everyone in it.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
It's like the XM25, UCAV, and mortar don't even exist

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Ularg posted:

It would be better if you use any air vehicles as your personal loving taxi to a rooftop and then ditch out of the pilot seat to let it die you would be banned. Usually killing everyone in it.

It's worth sacrificing an entire squad if it means roadkilling just one sniper with a chopper.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Fellatio del Toro posted:

It's worth sacrificing an entire squad if it means roadkilling just one sniper with a chopper.

I'm okay with that.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.
As soon as I realized the XM25 was the One True Sniper Trolling Device, my experience with the game improved dramatically. I think people just have trouble figuring it out sometimes. Would be a lot better if there was a way to manually change the lock distance while still aimed.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

losonti tokash posted:

As soon as I realized the XM25 was the One True Sniper Trolling Device, my experience with the game improved dramatically. I think people just have trouble figuring it out sometimes. Would be a lot better if there was a way to manually change the lock distance while still aimed.

They could make it like zeroing a sniper rifle, tap the d-pad and change the distance for the airburst.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I'm pretty much addicted to road killing people with choppers now. I think there was a goon in my copter last night when I pulled one off at the top of A on floodzone.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Pleads posted:

Flood Zone would be better if you could blow up the tops of the buildings and render them un-usable so idiot pub snipers have to actually do something.
Uhh.. They do. They are used for earning hilarious amounts of points when you empty a airburst at them, or smash them to paste with a mortar. :smug:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

limited posted:

Uhh.. They do. They are used for earning hilarious amounts of points when you empty a airburst at them, or smash them to paste with a mortar. :smug:

Cruise Missile. :colbert:

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Turns out I am 66% of the way through unlocking the mortar :woop: Time to support it up.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

One thing that boggles my mind about pub jets is that they always ignore gunships. They're easy as hell to shoot up and you almost always get a free multi-kill out of it

Obsidius
Nov 18, 2009

If you ever drop your
keys into a river of molten
lava, let 'em go, because
man, they're gone.
Since today's update I have been rubberbanding constantly and timing it right I can double-tap the trigger for the tanks cannon and get two shots off instead of one, thought it was my mind playing tricks the first time but managed to do it multiple times and both rounds seemed to do damage to the target. A friend is getting a PS4 for Christmas and wants Battlefield but I think I'm going to have to warn him off as until it's properly fixed the game it really is a gamble.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Obsidius posted:

Since today's update I have been rubberbanding constantly and timing it right I can double-tap the trigger for the tanks cannon and get two shots off instead of one, thought it was my mind playing tricks the first time but managed to do it multiple times and both rounds seemed to do damage to the target. A friend is getting a PS4 for Christmas and wants Battlefield but I think I'm going to have to warn him off as until it's properly fixed the game it really is a gamble.

It's made jets completely unflyable for me, I can't hit cannon rounds on anything

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
So the patch today didn't really fix anything? Awesome.

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Get rid of the transport choppers and I will instantly like Flood Zone 50% more.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Any high up sniping spot should be able to be destroyed, like the crane/cables in Rogue Transmission.

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

hamsystem posted:

At least when someone in the goon group earlier crashed we all crashed shortly after. It didn't split the group!

Aishan
Oct 29, 2011

hamsystem posted:

Completely anecdotally, but I didn't have a single crash playing tonight. Which seems like progress to me.

Boogat
Jan 5, 2006

Oh, I am serious. Look, this is my serious face.

Aishan posted:

Completely anecdotally, but I didn't have a single crash playing tonight. Which seems like progress to me.
Same here, played for a bit today and didn't have any crashes on conquest. This is a HUGE improvement since I usually crash every single match... Sound still cuts out though and there were lots of rubberbanding issues, but hey, I can at least play now.

24-7 Urkel Cosplay
Feb 12, 2003

Requested_Username posted:

One thing that boggles my mind about pub jets is that they always ignore gunships. They're easy as hell to shoot up and you almost always get a free multi-kill out of it

I was playing a game where i'd shoot up the gunship and it would despawn before i could kill it. It would immediately respawn in full health. annoying as hell.

Anarchist
Apr 2, 2003

In the morning if my face is a little puffy I'll put on an ice pack while doing stomach crunches. I can do 1000 now.
I have had a few hard freezes on the 360 after the update, mostly while playing conquest. The most annoying thing that happened was getting stuck on the revive screen. I couldn't select revive or to be deployed, I was just frozen there while the round went on. I couldn't even select re-deploy from the options menu, had to quit and start over.

I just started playing around with the mortar, is there any trick to exit out of the firing screen? It seems I just sit there with my thumb up my rear end for a good 5+ seconds before it lets me switch back to another weapon after I'm out of ammo.

Samswing
Jan 8, 2009

:dukedog:
Had a supremely retarded pubbie on a match today. Jumped on a team death match on Hainan Resort to grind some assignments and I found a radio hanging out around the beach, so I Charged up my paddles and decided to wait.

Ended up zapping him around 3 times and he just kept respawning on his radio

I know team death match is low hanging fruit, but goddamn this kid was stupid.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
I've been playing Dom to grind out weapon attachments. Flood Zone is still the worst map.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I hated Flood Zone then I realized the trick was to stop trying to win shootouts across the rooftops, look where the enemies are, jump down below, and go up one of the like 10 stairwells behind them and wipe out the whole squad. Repeat this for the whole game.

Lots of running back and forth and up stairs but people get mega tunnel vision on that map and are just ripe for harvest.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Lots of running back and forth and up stairs

Yeah, sounds like a real party.

Dantes
Sep 3, 2003
It can never be too cold.

I hated Flood Zone then I realized the trick was to stop trying to win shootouts across the rooftops, look where the enemies are, jump down below, and go up one of the like 10 stairwells behind them and wipe out the whole squad. Repeat this for the whole game.

Lots of running back and forth and up stairs but people get mega tunnel vision on that map and are just ripe for harvest.
And we have a winner !!!

I wish the rest of the forum would understand that, but not the rest of the pubbies. We still need some people to shoot at :)

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

Flood zone owns.... If you're in an ifv and under the bridge.

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.
UCAV is god's way of letting wookies know he hates them:

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/410926913507421568/377293833/

Bruc
May 30, 2006
Is that using the Airburst or just the normal one? I got the UCAV yesterday but no airburst yet and it's a bit underwhelming because it seems so much harder to fly than the SUAV and a lot of the times it feels like I can hit the ground a foot from a dude and not do anything to him. That's a crazy round though, I actually haven't even been killed by a UCAV yet, and I'm really not looking forward to them being more widespread.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Yes, the best way to show wookies that God hates them is staying back in your spawn and killing them from a distance.

(seriously someone needs to trade jet kills with me on PS4 I want to explode wookies too :()

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Snipers just aren't fun to fight. Maybe a few maps I can farm them with the airburst but most of the time it's just me getting plinked at or one shot from across the map.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

deadwing posted:

(seriously someone needs to trade jet kills with me on PS4 I want to explode wookies too :()

pleads32 add me and let's DO THIS

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Pleads posted:

pleads32 add me and let's DO THIS

TV's being used right now and I'm not a rich fucker with a Vita, but I'll add you when I can get on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I found the jet ribbons to be way easier to get than the bomber ribbons. Seriously though gently caress the bombers.

• Locked thread