Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

triplexpac posted:

So I'm playing this game super casually, just going through a match or two every few days.

I finally got enough to buy the Braton. What should I aim to do next?

Keep digging your way through the map, mostly. You might replace the starting pistol with Aklato, which is almost a straight upgrade, or a Viper. A lot of the others require Neurodes and/or Orokin Cells to build, which you probably don't have yet. You have more options for melee weapons; Kogake has the fun kick-and-punch moveset, Dual Heat Swords have high charge attack damage, and Kestrel is pretty wacky. There's others, but those are the most fun ones you can build early on.

You can start picking up the parts for Rhino, the tank frame, from the Venus boss, but it may be a while before you can get the resources to build it, unless you can get someone to bring you to the levels where they're available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.
Being new I was looking to upgrade my melee. I saw Dual Zorens mentioned a few times, but looking through the wiki, I saw Dual Ether has a chance to stunlock people, which sounded cool. I bought both blueprints, but decided to build the Dual Ether. Have a made a huge mistake?

I also bought a Hind blueprint but won't be able to build it until I can farm Mars it looks like, right? I just finished Earth so that shouldn't be too long. I got it because people recommended it, but I'm worried I won't like the burst fire. Is there an automatic rifle that people recommend? Looking at the wiki the Dera and Latron seem like they might be sort of what I was looking for (decent accuracy, longish range, ammo efficient). Are either of these any good?

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

frood posted:

Being new I was looking to upgrade my melee. I saw Dual Zorens mentioned a few times, but looking through the wiki, I saw Dual Ether has a chance to stunlock people, which sounded cool. I bought both blueprints, but decided to build the Dual Ether. Have a made a huge mistake?

I also bought a Hind blueprint but won't be able to build it until I can farm Mars it looks like, right? I just finished Earth so that shouldn't be too long. I got it because people recommended it, but I'm worried I won't like the burst fire. Is there an automatic rifle that people recommend? Looking at the wiki the Dera and Latron seem like they might be sort of what I was looking for (decent accuracy, longish range, ammo efficient). Are either of these any good?

The only real reason to use the Dual Zoren (at least in my experience) is that when you jump and slide attack with them, you get launched across the room, making it the melee weapon of choice for people who gotta go fast.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

frood posted:

Dual zorens are recommended because they let you go fast. Their poor performance as actual weapons is irrelevant because melee is poo poo in this game and you should basically never do it anyway.

The latron is not an automatic rifle. It's single shot and really pretty weak. The hind is basically a better version of it in every respect. If you want an automatic rifle, the dera is an okay choice, but be aware that it is not hitscan (unless fired through a volt shield) and its projectiles are really rather slow. It's not the best on ammo efficiency either. The best automatic rifles are pretty much still the soma (which you likely can't build or mod properly yet) and ignis.

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
PS4 update just hit.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Lawlicaust posted:

PS4 update just hit.

Is it bad that I'm spending my lunch break to go home and get this downloading?

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

chumbler posted:

Dual zorens are recommended because they let you go fast. Their poor performance as actual weapons is irrelevant because melee is poo poo in this game and you should basically never do it anyway.

The latron is not an automatic rifle. It's single shot and really pretty weak. The hind is basically a better version of it in every respect. If you want an automatic rifle, the dera is an okay choice, but be aware that it is not hitscan (unless fired through a volt shield) and its projectiles are really rather slow. It's not the best on ammo efficiency either. The best automatic rifles are pretty much still the soma (which you likely can't build or mod properly yet) and ignis.

If I like the Braton, is there another rifle that's similar to it, but better? I like the slow-firing automatic aspect, so that I can pop out single shots when I want to, and hold it down for packs of stuff. I found a Grakata blueprint, and leveled it to 30, but I never liked how out of control the firing was, and the fact that I would constantly run out of ammo, even when being conservative with it.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Since we're all asking for weapon suggestions, what's a good late-game/end-game secondary?

I've been using a kunai this whole time and it will mow down everything except harder enemies in the later voids/missions, and I feel like I shouldn't rely on it forever. I'm leveling up an ignis that I've built on a random suggestion and liking it a lot so far, so the idea is that I will finally have a primary weapon I can switch to while I level a secondary that doesn't suck. I realize that getting the best out of a weapon will also involve me having the proper mods and all but what are some I should look at?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Doji Sekushi posted:

Is it bad that I'm spending my lunch break to go home and get this downloading?

It took me 5 minutes to download it. So far things are much improved. I started the trading post building already.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!
I'll be on in like a half hour to start doing event stuff :black101:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Devor posted:

If I like the Braton, is there another rifle that's similar to it, but better? I like the slow-firing automatic aspect, so that I can pop out single shots when I want to, and hold it down for packs of stuff. I found a Grakata blueprint, and leveled it to 30, but I never liked how out of control the firing was, and the fact that I would constantly run out of ammo, even when being conservative with it.

The Soma. Fires moderately and accurately at first for controlled bursts, but spins up and bullet hoses when you hold the trigger down. Also does hells of damage when you slap crit mods in it.

Available at Rank 6.

You're gonna have to experiment with a lot of other playstyles before you can make it.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Is it straight 11.0, or did they manage to get you guys up to 11.1? Easy way to check is to see if the market has listings for the Cernos bow or Aklex pistols.

Edit: checked the forums, looks like it's just plain 11.0.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

Helter Skelter posted:

Is it straight 11.0, or did they manage to get you guys up to 11.1? Easy way to check is to see if the market has listings for the Cernos bow or Aklex pistols.

Edit: checked the forums, looks like it's just plain 11.0.

Yeah, here's the patch notes: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/146989-update-11-valkyr-unleashed/

"Removed co-op doors from survival missions" is probably my favorite change :allears:

e: Actually wait it's this one: "Fixed selling multiple instances of an item not working"

I'm gonna be rich!

Synathaesia
Jul 4, 2009

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

Did the update make it so that Lotus' voice started coming out of the controller as well? I don't know if I like that.

Other than that, it seems to look much more sleek, and it seems like the melee system is changed slightly - like it has an auto-aim for melee now?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Synathaesia posted:

Did the update make it so that Lotus' voice started coming out of the controller as well? I don't know if I like that.
Patch notes seem to indicate it's optional.

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Lawlicaust posted:

It took me 5 minutes to download it. So far things are much improved. I started the trading post building already.

I'll be home soon, I can rush the TP if needed.

Dimitri ExZemos
Aug 9, 2006
Dimitri

Doji Sekushi posted:

I'll be home soon, I can rush the TP if needed.

Do this.

Love Always,

GlennFrog

PS. How do we meet up for mod exchanges between goons?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dimitri ExZemos posted:

Once your trading post is done, get together in the dojo. One person uses the trading post which will bring up a menu to initiate a trade, and you go from there.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

Once your trading post is done, get together in the dojo. One person uses the trading post which will bring up a menu to initiate a trade, and you go from there.

Of note, the person who initiated the trade has to select something (platinum, credits, a key or a mod) then "offer" that to the other person before they can change anything on their end. Once the OTHER person offers back, the original person can either accept or change something and re-offer, etc. You can chat while on the trade screen too.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
Infested mobile defense makes me never want to play this game again. Sure, a swarm of dudes so tightly packed around you you can't move or jump, and disruptors so you have zero energy for abilities, ever!

gently caress this. I know it's not balanced around solo but that's absolute horseshit. Eventually you just can't move, and you have to stare as your Tenno gets stunlocked from full health and shields to nothing, while your controller does gently caress-all for 30 seconds.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Does the PS4 update add a lot for new players or at least optimize the game a bit better? I'm excited to jump in later today. PSN: weekdaynachos if you guys still need clan stuff

Doji Sekushi
Dec 26, 2006

HI

Dimitri ExZemos posted:

Do this.

Love Always,

GlennFrog

Same way we meet up to wreck poo poo: jump into the ps4 party.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Dewgy posted:

Infested mobile defense makes me never want to play this game again. Sure, a swarm of dudes so tightly packed around you you can't move or jump, and disruptors so you have zero energy for abilities, ever!

gently caress this. I know it's not balanced around solo but that's absolute horseshit. Eventually you just can't move, and you have to stare as your Tenno gets stunlocked from full health and shields to nothing, while your controller does gently caress-all for 30 seconds.

Play Rhino, gently caress everything.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Any word if PS4 U11 stops the horrid FPS you get from time to time?

Millertime
Jul 5, 2007
I'd love an invite to the ps4 group as well. Still learning the ins and outs of the game, but I've learned enough to know that Pull is way too good and I'm gonna continue to abuse it until it's nerfed. Psn: MillertimeLTP

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Dewgy posted:

Good news! Update 11.1 will remove this entirely! :v:

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Dewgy posted:

Funny you mention that (and yes, never play this game solo unless you are testing something)...originally the game didn't have infested mobile defense. Then it came up in an alert and people absolutely loved it for the clusterfuck it made of things, and from there DE tossed in a few dedicated missions for it. If you team up it's certainly not hard, to the point that people used to recommend farming for XP on Cyath.

Edit: I made this post back when that alert came out.

NGDBSS fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Dec 12, 2013

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

NGDBSS posted:

(and yes, never play this game solo unless you are testing something)

I usually play while I'm working. Pausing is something I really can't go without unfortunately.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002
How to beat infested: Stand on a box that is taller than they are. Some of them will try to come up there and get you, but most will just stand around and get shot.

Synathaesia
Jul 4, 2009

it's been a hard day's night
and I'd been workin' like a dog

The Duggler posted:

Any word if PS4 U11 stops the horrid FPS you get from time to time?

Doesn't look like it. I still get pretty bad FPS drops when there are a ton of things on the screen.

Also, I kinda hate the invasion mechanic already. At least the missions seem to be pretty quick.

Piell posted:

Play Rhino, gently caress everything.

I've been so spoiled by Rhino that I actually start to panic a little when I see myself taking damage. Rhino is great, but it's a failure if I end the mission with more than 0% damage taken. :colbert:

Synathaesia fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 12, 2013

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Devor posted:

The only other automatic rifles are:
  • Braton Prime - I hope you like running the same void mission 10 times to get the last part you need. And the 10 raw potatoes.
  • Gorgon - Availible now only as a login reward. Not really that good.
  • Soma - Eh, it's an automatic rifle. Haven't used it yet, it's Mastery 6 and takes a bunch of junk to craft.

Hind is quite good, or so I've heard. It's a burstfire gun though, so it might not be your cup of tea.

Clocks posted:

Since we're all asking for weapon suggestions, what's a good late-game/end-game secondary?

I've been using a kunai this whole time and it will mow down everything except harder enemies in the later voids/missions, and I feel like I shouldn't rely on it forever. I'm leveling up an ignis that I've built on a random suggestion and liking it a lot so far, so the idea is that I will finally have a primary weapon I can switch to while I level a secondary that doesn't suck. I realize that getting the best out of a weapon will also involve me having the proper mods and all but what are some I should look at?

Viper has been surprisingly effective so far, it's accurate for a machine pistol and does good damage. You can take it and turn it into a dual viper when you max it out too. Magnus also looks nifty. 20% crit/status before mods, up to 44% crit chance and/or 25%(?) status chance with mods.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Soma is pretty goddamn rad if you like big yellow numbers and have an ammo converter.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Clocks posted:

Despair (Stalker drop, Kunai upgrade) is my go-to secondary for absurd T3 survival missions and/or since I built it in U9. Barrel Diffusion + Lethal Torrent + Gunslinger + Hornet Strike + elemental mods. Tears things apart and is by far worth the resources if you can get it to drop.

Twin Vipers will kill things and your ammo reserves in direct proportion. Twin Gremlins are a personal favorite of mine as well. Magnus looks good, but I haven't built it yet. Acrid used to be the god of pistols, but U11 killed it.

E: Highly recommend maxed Pistol Ammo Mutation on all of these guns.

Cathair
Jan 7, 2008
Twin Gremlins are one of the best high-end sidearms right now. You do have to farm Vor & Kril on Phobos to get the BP, though.

Twin Vipers are badass as hell, but are relegated to gimmick status due to their ammo consumption combined with DE's pants-on-head stupid ammo system.

The Vasto and Twin Vastos are often overlooked, but are quite good and fun to use. They're both available at rank 0, no doubt an oversight so get 'em while they're hot. They do suffer from being semi-auto, but per-shot damage is high and so is their firing speed, if your framerate can support it. Also note that unlike most dual pistols, the Twin variant is not a straight upgrade from the single, so consider making two new ones to combine into duals if you like your single Vasto.

The Soma is not just 'an automatic rifle', it's the best all-around weapon in the game. It does need crit mods, so if you've built one and it doesn't kill God like you'd heard it did, that's what you're doing wrong.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I haven't played in a while (too many good PS4 games) but is this REALLY slow/long loading into matches new with U11? I remember it not being noticeably bad at all...

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I don't know what changed but ever since the latest patch I now get a display driver crash sending me back to desktop. I am on a 560ti so this has happened to me in the past but after a driver switch it never came back. Anyone else have similar issues?

Rubicon
Dec 16, 2005
Al bisogno si conosce l'amico

zgrowler2 posted:

Despair (Stalker drop, Kunai upgrade) is my go-to secondary for absurd T3 survival missions and/or since I built it in U9. Barrel Diffusion + Lethal Torrent + Gunslinger + Hornet Strike + elemental mods. Tears things apart and is by far worth the resources if you can get it to drop.

Twin Vipers will kill things and your ammo reserves in direct proportion. Twin Gremlins are a personal favorite of mine as well. Magnus looks good, but I haven't built it yet. Acrid used to be the god of pistols, but U11 killed it.

E: Highly recommend maxed Pistol Ammo Mutation on all of these guns.

I had a mission, which started solo, and some voice started talking about vengeance and being my death. Then a tenno looking thing appeared and killed me. Is that the Stalker?

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Rubicon posted:

I had a mission, which started solo, and some voice started talking about vengeance and being my death. Then a tenno looking thing appeared and killed me. Is that the Stalker?

Yes.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

How long will a Warframe stay in the foundry as built? Forever or will it eventually get eaten up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Rubicon posted:

Yes. Stalker has a <5% chance of spawining in any mission after you do an assassination run on these bosses:
  • Hek
  • Ruk
  • Kril
  • Tyl
  • Anyo

Beating Stalker (or getting beaten) clears the "Stalker Hates You" flag.

The Duggler posted:

How long will a Warframe stay in the foundry as built? Forever or will it eventually get eaten up?

I've had my Mag Prime in the oven for the past month or more, still there. So probably forever.