Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

breaks
May 12, 2001

For you dudes wanting demos, it's not the same as using the plugin obviously, but the Torley dude ran through all of the presets on it around the time it came out. So he's got something like 2 or 3 hours worth of youtube videos that are just him playing the different presets, which can at least give you a pretty good idea of the sounds it comes with, if you aren't so into making your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

IrvingWashington posted:

Oh memories... your link is set to private, btw. Don't know if that's intended or not.

Thanks! Never used mediafire before.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8k0a4kboiezva5u/ReBirth%20RB-338%202.0.1%20-%20Portable.rar

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners

Radiapathy posted:

Just logged into my Native Instruments Service Center to grab the Razor update, and there are freaking 43 updates for my NI products waiting for me, all released in the last two months.

What the hell, man. It's like Windows 7.

They updated all of their instruments for improved Maschine 2 integration. My current download backlog is:

-OS X Mavericks
-New version of Reaktor, Guitar Rig Pro, Kontakt Player, and my Maschine expansions (bought it during the 6 free expansion sale)
-Live 9.1 and M4L 6.1
-XCOM:EU, Civ5 Brave New World and Gods and Kings DLC

All through a 512K connection :negative: See you guys in March

Gym Leader Barack
Oct 31, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I just bought Razor, it's pretty cool! I was a little annoyed that I couldn't use my discount voucher to bring it down to $25 but it's still a worthwhile purchase at $50. Presets are a little all over the place but the way they are doing additive synthesis is really interesting so I'll be putting in the time to figure out my own patches.

Is there a general consensus on the best free or low price EQ plugin? I like the look of the fabfilter pro-q but $200 is more than I want to spend on a single vst, is there something similarly worthwhile in the sub $50 market?

W424
Oct 21, 2010

RandomCheese posted:

Is there a general consensus on the best free or low price EQ plugin? I like the look of the fabfilter pro-q but $200 is more than I want to spend on a single vst, is there something similarly worthwhile in the sub $50 market?

I don't know how it ranks up but I've been using this http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=0 because I'm poor.

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax

W424 posted:

I don't know how it ranks up but I've been using this http://www.ddmf.eu/product.php?id=0 because I'm poor.

How do you like that EQ? I've been looking for an EQ with a built in Spectrograph. Is it a CPU hog?

W424
Oct 21, 2010

HollisBrown posted:

How do you like that EQ? I've been looking for an EQ with a built in Spectrograph. Is it a CPU hog?

Certainly beats Cubase 5.5s EQs and it is easy on the CPU aswell.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

W424 posted:

Does it bother anyone else that the curve in the sample picture is impossible to draw with 4 EQ filters? How the hell do you end up with that crooked plateau thing from 1K to 6K?

ChristsDickWorship fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Nov 23, 2013

renderful
Mar 24, 2003

You'll love me, I promise.

HollisBrown posted:

I use DDMF's 6144 as a character EQ and it is absolutely beautiful.

As much as I like DMG Equality for technical tasks, 6144 sounds prettier.

renderful fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 23, 2013

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

wixard posted:

Does it bother anyone else that the curve in the sample picture is impossible to draw with 4 EQ filters? How the hell do you end up with that crooked plateau thing from 1K to 6K?

:confused: Impossible?

It's essentially demonstrating a feature of this EQ. Sure, you won't get that shape with a classic parametric equalizer, but apparently you can with this one. As such it doesn't bother me, no.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
SonEQ is a pretty nice character EQ, and it's free.

ChristsDickWorship
Dec 7, 2004

Annihilate your demons

Flipperwaldt posted:

:confused: Impossible?

It's essentially demonstrating a feature of this EQ. Sure, you won't get that shape with a classic parametric equalizer, but apparently you can with this one. As such it doesn't bother me, no.
The UI can draw that line if it wants to, but there's no EQ filter that can create that shape. The fanciest EQ filters you can find are in Lake Processors. They're the only ones that can actually create "mesa" filters that top out flat at the center frequency like that, but you still can't make a curve look like that with 2 filters (the other 2 in that picture are just HPF and high shelf).

Take a look at the manual that comes with the demo, that EQ plug-in just has a bunch of variations of standard parametric filters (many redundant in terms of what they can accomplish).

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I'm a big fan of MeldaProduction's stuff.
http://www.meldaproduction.com/plugins/product.php?id=MFreeEffectsBundle
Not sure if the free versions allow you to use their modulation system, but they're still drat nice without it.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

wixard posted:

The UI can draw that line if it wants to, but there's no EQ filter that can create that shape. The fanciest EQ filters you can find are in Lake Processors. They're the only ones that can actually create "mesa" filters that top out flat at the center frequency like that, but you still can't make a curve look like that with 2 filters (the other 2 in that picture are just HPF and high shelf).

Take a look at the manual that comes with the demo, that EQ plug-in just has a bunch of variations of standard parametric filters (many redundant in terms of what they can accomplish).
:doh: You are totally right and I was wrong and a snarky dick about it on top of that and for that I apologise.

I sort of misunderstood what exactly you were talking about.

I guess an FFT based 'EQ' could maybe produce a shelf like that, but that's definitely not this plugin though.

EDIT: as for EQ's I like, Blue Cat's free Triple EQ is nice. You can put it in a mode that mirrors a cut you make in the mid channel with a boost in the side channel and vice versa. It usually takes several plugins to accomplish this.

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 23, 2013

K-EJ
Nov 19, 2006
Waves is offering a bass enhancing plugin for free this weekend.

http://www.waves.com/lpn/black-friday/free-plugin-pre-signup

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Mangle is a new Granular synth AU/VST for OS X and its pretty slick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjKu8hd3Z_E

US $40 or something for beta/early access. I gave it a quick spin and its pretty easy to through around modulation.

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001
That looks pretty awesome, might get it when the windows version comes out. Scalable vector graphics!

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

I just got an email about a Windows version available. I guess he got a lot of interest in the product over the past few days and went for it.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
Free copies of UVI's Mello VST with the code MFUVIMELLO400.

I haven't played with it yet but it sounds pretty.

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

IrvingWashington posted:

Requires iLok.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Oldstench posted:

Requires iLok.

It only needs an iLok account, not the ilok dongle (according to their support, at least):

UVI Support posted:

No worries, the iLok dongle is not required !
Simply create a free account on iLok.com and use your User ID you've just created to register your serial number.

Here is how to activate the license onto your computer :

1. Download and install the latest Lok License Manager
2. Open the app and log into your iLok account
3. Drag and drop the Mello license from the Available tab to your computer, listed at left part.

Then, here is to set up your UFS library :

1. Install the latest version of UVI Workstation
2. Copy your UFS file(s) to your computer
3. Launch UVI Workstation
4. Go to Preferences > Sound Banks
5. Click add '[…]' and select the folder containing the UFS file(s)
6. Restart the application - your library(ies) now appear(s) in the Browser > SoundBanks section

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.

IrvingWashington posted:

Thanks for the heads-up on this. I wouldn't have even heard about it otherwise.

I have IK's Sampletron, but it's 32-bit only. This will come in handy.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001
There are some nice Mellotron samples floating around. That link is just .wav multisamples, but other folks have made .sfz and Kontakt patches out of them.

Radiapathy
Dec 3, 2011

Snooping as usual, I see.
In case you're not on NI's mailing list (yet) they're giving away a pretty cool new compressor plugin called supercharger, plus some Traktor remix sets (which unpack a bunch of FLAC format loops that you can use outside of Traktor), and a $25 e-voucher.

Get on it.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
The compressor looks neat as crap, but having just got K9U and having bought the Cuban Kontakt library a few weeks ago, I'm at a loss as to what I could possibly spend a voucher on.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
I might get the retro machines but then again I might not. It's probably better to just wait until everything goes on 50% off again.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Radiapathy posted:

In case you're not on NI's mailing list (yet) they're giving away a pretty cool new compressor plugin called supercharger, plus some Traktor remix sets (which unpack a bunch of FLAC format loops that you can use outside of Traktor), and a $25 e-voucher.

Get on it.

I went for this, but the download link in the email, despite me selecting the windows version, and despite the email saying it's for windows, links me to the OSX mountable DMG image :(

(the only things in this house that boot OSX are my wife's ancient macbook and a tiny partition on my dell laptop that's not nearly large enough to have a DAW and VSTs installed on it)

edit: it allows you to resubmit multiple times from the same email - submitting a second time produced another download link, also labeled windows, but that actually links to the windows version this time...

Militant Lesbian fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Dec 17, 2013

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

HotCanadianChick posted:

I went for this, but the download link in the email, despite me selecting the windows version, and despite the email saying it's for windows, links me to the OSX mountable DMG image :(

(the only things in this house that boot OSX are my wife's ancient macbook and a tiny partition on my dell laptop that's not nearly large enough to have a DAW and VSTs installed on it)

edit: it allows you to resubmit multiple times from the same email - submitting a second time produced another download link, also labeled windows, but that actually links to the windows version this time...

Yeah, I tried to get the Mac one last night, and got the Windows download to something else instead. I'll try again tonight.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
You guys should just swap files. Maybe you'll get married too and it'll be a hit christmas movie. You could do the soundtrack easily enough, right?

minidracula
Dec 22, 2007

boo woo boo
Anyone played with LinPlug Spectral and have anything to say about it? Kinda idly looking at it...

breaks
May 12, 2001

When I demoed it there was quite a bit of lagginess/choppiness when changing certain parameters, which I just couldn't deal with, so it got uninstalled pretty quick. That's not to say that it's a bad plugin though, just some of the technical limitations of the synthesis method it uses I guess.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Anyone having trouble downloading Supercharger? The remix sets work fine, but Supercharger just brings up a blank "Download Now" window.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

The price of meat has just gone up, and your old lady has just gone down

Noted this purchase in the "new poo poo here" thread, but it probably fits better in this one - y'all should check out Klanghelm SDRR, thing is waaaaaay underpriced for its quality. I asked the dude and from what I can tell PT11 support is in the works, it's just a process that takes time and money obviously, so for now it maxes out at RTAS (full support for VST3 cross platform, AU, 32 or 64-bit, all that good stuff though).

The best bang for your buck saturation plugin I have ever personally used. Adios pretty much anything I used Redopter for, and many uses I had for Decimort. d16 group gettin' picked off :ohdear:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Agreed posted:

Noted this purchase in the "new poo poo here" thread, but it probably fits better in this one - y'all should check out Klanghelm SDRR, thing is waaaaaay underpriced for its quality. I asked the dude and from what I can tell PT11 support is in the works, it's just a process that takes time and money obviously, so for now it maxes out at RTAS (full support for VST3 cross platform, AU, 32 or 64-bit, all that good stuff though).

The best bang for your buck saturation plugin I have ever personally used. Adios pretty much anything I used Redopter for, and many uses I had for Decimort. d16 group gettin' picked off :ohdear:

Ooooooh I've been needing a better saturation plugin. Bought!

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Should also mention that he made a portion of the Desk mode settings (console emu fans, perk up your ears here) available for free in the form of the IVGI plugin - it doesn't have the same degree of user exposed features, and trust me when I say that the difference is WELL worth paying for, and of course it doesn't have the Tube, Fuzz, or Digi modes, but damned if it isn't a great, relatively low resource quickie to throw on the master for simple projects to go from "this sounds good" to "woah this sounds awesome."

Get the full version though, $30 for that much plugin? :cmon:

I already mentioned it ages ago but he updated it to V2 so fair game, I am also quite a fan of his DC8C comp; V1 was awesome, V2 is killer. It'll do... whatever. Pretty much anything you could possibly want from a compressor. I have not read many instances of people going through the manual thoroughly to understand what all 20 knobs and 8 buttons do and then somehow thinking "eh it's just ok" - fuckers fall in love with this compressor. Here's an adorable 2-knob version that's free, because Tony cares.

Klanghelm! :black101:

Agreed fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jan 2, 2014

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Still haven't gotten my email from them though. Where the hell is my sweet, creamy saturation?

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

Still haven't gotten my email from them though. Where the hell is my sweet, creamy saturation?

Best times to buy:

Not New Year

He'll get in touch soon though, have faith.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He was indeed, and it sounds great.

Agreed
Dec 30, 2003

Trig Discipline posted:

He was indeed, and it sounds great.

I know, right? What's with this dude, not just my ears, he could totally be charging $250+ for this thing, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Well not from ME because I can't spend that on a saturation plugin, but based on the quality, yeah.