Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

krispykremessuck posted:

Add this to OP tia:

Wait a sec-so I CAN'T get free Golden Corral today!?!?! gently caress this, I'm getting out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

In more boring SWE news I got a 70, tho ther OS3 to the surprise of a lot of loving people (including myself) scored a bit better. Also the average raw score for OS2 last may was 59, the only other rate with a tied low score was FS2.

I feel ashemed of my rate...
Edit: I also should have studied more :downs:

ElMaligno fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Nov 19, 2013

Bright Eyes
Sep 5, 2011
Is the coast guard different than the other branches, in any substantial way? I have a friend that is enlisted and he makes it seem rather...chill. He doesn't exactly have anything to compare it to, however, since he went in straight from high school.

The DCIO program looks pretty nice, and I'd qualify for it after graduating.

http://www.gocoastguard.com/find-your-career/officer-opportunities/programs/direct-commission-programs

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Bright Eyes posted:

Is the coast guard different than the other branches, in any substantial way? I have a friend that is enlisted and he makes it seem rather...chill. He doesn't exactly have anything to compare it to, however, since he went in straight from high school.

The DCIO program looks pretty nice, and I'd qualify for it after graduating.

http://www.gocoastguard.com/find-your-career/officer-opportunities/programs/direct-commission-programs

Nope not really.

Bright Eyes
Sep 5, 2011

OP says can ask here about what the coast guard is like.

I don't know if you all browse that thread, so I tried here first.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Bright Eyes posted:

OP says can ask here about what the coast guard is like.

I don't know if you all browse that thread, so I tried here first.

Ok I will give a serious answer too because now I look like a dick.

DCIO is a great way to get in as an officer, which you may as well since you've got a degree unless you're dead set on something enlisted folks do. The CG is rather chill in that it's generally smaller more close knit units.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

loving awesome. Detailer called and said because due to working my rear end off and getting all these quals at my current unit, I might get re-assigned to somewhere in D8 again due to the need for said quals! Hoo boy, can't wait to tell the wife that one. Hello, geo-bachelor.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

nwin posted:

loving awesome. Detailer called and said because due to working my rear end off and getting all these quals at my current unit, I might get re-assigned to somewhere in D8 again due to the need for said quals! Hoo boy, can't wait to tell the wife that one. Hello, geo-bachelor.

Dude that loving sucks, too bad you're not a complete noble :(

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

nwin posted:

At that point, you may as well move the wife down.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Elendil004 posted:

At that point, you may as well move the wife down.

No man, I mean she'll move to North Carolina to be with her family instead of come down to D8 for another hellish 3 years. Especially if it's loving Houma or Morgan City. gently caress that.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

nwin posted:

No man, I mean she'll move to North Carolina to be with her family instead of come down to D8 for another hellish 3 years. Especially if it's loving Houma or Morgan City. gently caress that.

I really hope it's Morgan City.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

krispykremessuck posted:

I really hope it's Morgan City.

Ouch bro-what did I do to you?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

nwin posted:

Ouch bro-what did I do to you?

Nothing, man. No hard feelings at all. I just hope you get to experience the joys of Morgan City. :cheers:

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Welp, Morgan City looks not so likely due to the quals I have just not being needed there. Port Arthur apparently has 4 billets and definitely could use me. Oh joy. The wife will be absolutely thrilled about a 2 hour move due east into an area full of refineries!

Done freaking out about it for the moment. Wife is heavily drunk at the moment so that's her way of coping for the night. Just gonna hope for the best and prep for the worst.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

nwin posted:

Welp, Morgan City looks not so likely due to the quals I have just not being needed there. Port Arthur apparently has 4 billets and definitely could use me. Oh joy. The wife will be absolutely thrilled about a 2 hour move due east into an area full of refineries!

Done freaking out about it for the moment. Wife is heavily drunk at the moment so that's her way of coping for the night. Just gonna hope for the best and prep for the worst.

Told you to go to Alaska.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

No to rain on nwin bad news, but I got my orders and I got my first pick too! San Francisco here I come! :woop:
(Whoever says "go join Quarterly Prophet" first is a legit sick gently caress)

Also:
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/coast-guard-reaches-stranded-montauk-fishing-vessel-1.6604053?firstfree=yes

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

ElMaligno posted:

No to rain on nwin bad news, but I got my orders and I got my first pick too! San Francisco here I come! :woop:

Also:
http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/coast-guard-reaches-stranded-montauk-fishing-vessel-1.6604053?firstfree=yes

Nice man-congrats! You're not raining on anyone's parade-I'm just realizing the detailer process for officers is quite a bit different then enlisted. I'll get over it.

nwin fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Dec 14, 2013

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

No one is gonna elevate you to QP status ever.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

You have to elevate yourself.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Elendil004 posted:

You have to elevate yourself.

I laughed at this, then I felt guilty. Then again I have been joking with the other OS about all the bridge jumper calls I'm going to get on watch. :v:
(its me i'm the legit sick gently caress)

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

I laughed at this, then I felt guilty. Then again I have been joking with the other OS about all the bridge jumper calls I'm going to get on watch. :v:
(its me i'm the legit sick gently caress)

lmk when you get ptsd from relaying a message to sta golden gate about jumpers

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Hey Krispy- did you know bm2 Gomez in the star?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

nwin posted:

Hey Krispy- did you know bm2 Gomez in the star?

I think everybody knew a BM2 Gomez. I don't think then one I knew was the one who's going to jail forever though.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Elendil004 posted:

I think everybody knew a BM2 Gomez. I don't think then one I knew was the one who's going to jail forever though.

8 years-http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...-sex&source=RSS

Apparently I'm way out of the loop as I just heard about this today.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

nwin posted:

8 years-http://www.postandcourier.com/artic...-sex&source=RSS

Apparently I'm way out of the loop as I just heard about this today.

I've only read a couple stories, but it seems like one guy getting hammered (rightfully so) when it should probably be a lot of people getting hammered for it. I know even at Canal/SSENE there was an overall desire to keep that kinda poo poo under wraps.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

An ET1 at the Mellon that got quietly masted for planting a hidden camera in the female's berthing head was kicked out. Hell the cheif mess made a big loving deal and put everyone on a "gag order". poo poo was absolutly deplorable.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

My favorite thing was when there was some drama and a girl was keeping a notebook on all the bullshit and the command said "It's illegal to write notes down like that" and made her throw it away. People at the station couldn't understand how wrong that was. Ugh.

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

Elendil004 posted:

My favorite thing was when there was some drama and a girl was keeping a notebook on all the bullshit and the command said "It's illegal to write notes down like that" and made her throw it away. People at the station couldn't understand how wrong that was. Ugh.

Its amazing how quick the gold badge would jump on that with a quick EAP phone call. Something has stired up the gold badge nest about that poo poo up here in AK and it would be interesting to know what it was exactly.

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

Elendil004 posted:

Yup, saw that article the other day and laughed my rear end off. Anyone that knew him well should be completely unsurprised.

Re: note taking, though it's not illegal people that write down every time they're offended by someone are the loving worst and I really wish an early death on all of them. if it's legit poo poo that's cool but if some guy is bein a butthole then shove him down some stairs or put your dick in his butt to establish dominance w/e

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

krispykremessuck posted:

Re: note taking, though it's not illegal people that write down every time they're offended by someone are the loving worst and I really wish an early death on all of them. if it's legit poo poo that's cool but if some guy is bein a butthole then shove him down some stairs or put your dick in his butt to establish dominance w/e

I wrote this part when I was intensely drunk but I still agree with what I said, writing poo poo down without ever going to the command and just firebombing the old man's inbox with weird rear end anonymous letters or a list of so-called grievances is mincy fairy bullshit and instead you should put a bullet in it

not saying anyone here would do it, but I saw it a couple of times and it was always the most odious fuckin bullshit

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

She was tracking poo poo like sexual comments said to her and poo poo, so it was mostly legit. And really off color racial remarks as well as the OIC peerving on her while she worked out and poo poo. I always said "take notes, but remember that every single thing you write can and will be evidence...and if you write something down that someone can prove is wrong, you lose all credibility."

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
WHY DO YOU KEEP TALKING TO YOURSELF

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

If it bothers you so much go ahead and buy my old av back :)

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

They just released the 2014 BAH tables, 300$ more per mothn as an E4/5 so I have a bit more wiggle room. Not San Francisco AH levels of insanity, its still a good amount.

why are you being so creepy and stalking the two ex-coasting in the coastie thread?
edit: its not even the same red text

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

ElMaligno posted:

why are you being so creepy and stalking the two ex-coasting in the coastie thread?

this is a welcoming space everyone is allowed to read and post here

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax

ElMaligno posted:

They just released the 2014 BAH tables, 300$ more per mothn as an E4/5 so I have a bit more wiggle room. Not San Francisco AH levels of insanity, its still a good amount.

i forgot there was a coastie thread until one of those two idiots linked me to it also good job not getting jokes/being creepy as gently caress always

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

krispykremessuck posted:

this is a welcoming space everyone is allowed to read and post here

Yep

i forgot there was a coastie thread until one of those two idiots linked me to it also good job not getting jokes/being creepy as gently caress always

making a shittier joke to ruing your lovely rear end joke makes me creepy? man i really need to step up my game.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Hey at least he's not loving ghost bones.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Sweet! 200 extra a month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Krispy what's your battlelog name so we can hook up and shoot mans together?

• Locked thread