Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED
So they're patching something that is yet to be released to the masses... awesome.

In other news, is anyone up for a PS4 goon party? Had a stressful few days at work and need to shoot some mans with goons.

PSN: Hamburlgar.

Logging in now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Tasoth posted:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK! I missed the MAV HK in BF3 and now I missed the angry sea gull SUAV. gently caress.

It's fine, you didn't want to rack up 2000 free kills anyways.

Also, I guess riding on tanks is now a thing in this game? You may not just slide off or something when moving? New levels of jihad kills may be in order if this is accurate.

RizieN
May 15, 2004

and it was still hot.
I believe that's called Ghost Riding the Whip. Though I'm still getting my bearings with BF4 on a console... I don't know why I play FPS games on consoles... I must be a masochist. Gonna add some goons later though and see how that goes.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dantes posted:

From the PC patch notes :

-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for roadkilling opponents.

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME

Good point keep talkin
Sep 14, 2011

a foolish pianist posted:

You just hit X to switch seats.

Yeah but when there's like five seats you gotta cycle through all of them in a free fall.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Clevermuldoon posted:

Yeah but when there's like five seats you gotta cycle through all of them in a free fall.

Yeah, you also gotta know how to fly a helo. I find it best just not to spawn into one unless you know the pilot.

crondaily
Nov 27, 2006

Hamburlgar posted:

So they're patching something that is yet to be released to the masses... awesome.

In other news, is anyone up for a PS4 goon party? Had a stressful few days at work and need to shoot some mans with goons.

PSN: Hamburlgar.

Logging in now.

You don't know that everyone paid 50$ to save 10$ on DLCs and become beta testers?

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

Beelzebozo posted:

Yeah, you also gotta know how to fly a helo. I find it best just not to spawn into one unless you know the pilot.

It's easier on PC, but getting into a helo means you're going on a one way ride to a rooftop way out in the gently caress of nowhere because the shithead pilot bails at a height that makes your helo take just too hard of a bump and do an awesome pinto roleplay.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I give up trying to play Conquest. It's 1 step forward 2 steps back. Switch weapons and the server switches it back. Friends finally get in the server and trying to defib them freezes their game on the death screen.

gently caress everything. That defib bug isn't even a thing anymore on PC.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

They should make it so that every rooftop that is not accessible by elevator is made of lava that instant kills people who stand on it for more than 10 seconds

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Ularg posted:

I give up trying to play Conquest. It's 1 step forward 2 steps back. Switch weapons and the server switches it back. Friends finally get in the server and trying to defib them freezes their game on the death screen.

gently caress everything. That defib bug isn't even a thing anymore on PC.

Usually when that happens to me I'm back in the load out screen changing something and get stuck in revive limbo.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Snackpack Backpack posted:

Usually when that happens to me I'm back in the load out screen changing something and get stuck in revive limbo.

I just stopped trying to be a helpful medic. Defibs gently caress up peoples games and everyone is actively scared of my med box. And I'm REALLY tired of not being able to get a slot on my friends team. The server isn't going to be "Too" imbalance if I swap from the 30 player team to the 31 player team. We're already losing by 250.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Yeah I would rather not ever be revived anymore until the defib thing is fixed.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I want to point out, since it is something I did not know (at least to this extent), that there is some really sticky aim assist in this game. While I am sure there are some really talented people with controllers, it goes a long way to explain how people can be so accurate with a controller. Just wanted to say, that if you aren't abusing it, everyone else is. Anyway, I tested this in the test map, and was kind of blown away how it sticks to the targets just by getting close. If you have two targets next to each other, all you have to do is aim down sights, shoot, then aim down sites again, and it will find the next target for you.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Rusty posted:

I want to point out, since it is something I did not know (at least to this extent), that there is some really sticky aim assist in this game. While I am sure there are some really talented people with controllers, it goes a long way to explain how people can be so accurate with a controller. Just wanted to say, that if you aren't abusing it, everyone else is. Anyway, I tested this in the test map, and was kind of blown away how it sticks to the targets just by getting close. If you have two targets next to each other, all you have to do is aim down sights, shoot, then aim down sites again, and it will find the next target for you.

Test Range yea, but in practice it more often than not just aims it to either side above the shoulders.

I also don't get how the Ace 23 is a good gun on console. The recoil is uncontrollable at anything not close range. Seriously, I had more luck with long range combat using a CBJ-MS.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Playing some ps4 china rising, come join me!

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

RizieN posted:

I believe that's called Ghost Riding the Whip. Though I'm still getting my bearings with BF4 on a console... I don't know why I play FPS games on consoles... I must be a masochist. Gonna add some goons later though and see how that goes.

Ghost riding the whip is when you jump out of a vehicle right before you run over a team member so it kills them

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Tasoth posted:

SLAM the shallows. Completely changes the way boat players play after they hit those a couple times. It makes A and B on Hainan easier to defend as the battle boats won't sit in the shallows and cap.

Mortars are also a fun alternative. Your average pubbie doomboat will just anchor themselves to rain death on everybody, only moving when someone lobs a missile at them. The arc and speed of firing a mortar means you can land 2-3 shells on them before they realize where the pain is coming from. Bonus :smug: points if you make them panic and beach themselves though.

It does involve getting pretty close to the shore from the mainland though if they're hiding on the other side of the island.

Feenix posted:

Protip: If you spawn in a helicopter already being piloted, there is a greater than 75% chance it is seconds from crashing. DON'T DO IT! ;)

Another protip. AlwaysALWAYS be ready to go down with your vehicle if you're the driver. For one thing you might clinch that last shot that takes the other guy out even as you explode, and secondly if you think being chased around by enemy vehicles is miserable, it's 100x worse when they steal yours too.

Also don't be that jerkass that takes a chopper up to their PRO SNIPER SPOT and loving lands it up there. At least jump out mid-flight so it'll be destroyed and respawn. Chances are someone will either climb or get ferried up, stab you in the back and steal that too.

On the flipside. Steal the poo poo out of enemy vehicles.

Rusty posted:

Funky auto-aim

BF4's auto aim has been the subject of several youtube videos and angry rants. It's broken as hell which is why you'll see recons cracking off perfect shots on the run with sniper rifles.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Never abandon your vehicle unless it's an ATV. If you see a teammate abandon vehicles that are at half health or even 25%, then drive an ATV at them and hop out. It'll roadkill them.

Seriously, gently caress pubbies who give away your vehicles.

Moreso for the assholes that get them stuck and don't do anything to blow them up.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I once joined a rogue transmission match where the enemy team had both attack jets. How on earth do you manage to give away a jet

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Beelzebozo posted:

I kinda enjoy the sudden rush of spawning into an empty helo mid auto-rotation followed by the frantic rush of winding the bird back up. Or the times when the pilot bails after a rocket hit and I decide to pull the craft out of spin. It doesn't always work, but it makes me feel like John McClane when it does.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Requested_Username posted:

I once joined a rogue transmission match where the enemy team had both attack jets. How on earth do you manage to give away a jet

On Hanai Resort I found a parked Attack Jet just sitting there in front of the Hotel. Given how the game doesn't give two shits about Jet Physics beyond "Can it outrun Stingers/IGLAS" it just warped through all the trees and terrain to take off.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Rusty posted:

I want to point out, since it is something I did not know (at least to this extent), that there is some really sticky aim assist in this game. While I am sure there are some really talented people with controllers, it goes a long way to explain how people can be so accurate with a controller. Just wanted to say, that if you aren't abusing it, everyone else is.

limited posted:

Another protip. AlwaysALWAYS be ready to go down with your vehicle if you're the driver. For one thing you might clinch that last shot that takes the other guy out even as you explode, and secondly if you think being chased around by enemy vehicles is miserable, it's 100x worse when they steal yours too.

It's like this poo poo doesn't appear almost verbatim in the OP. :suicide:

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Beelzebozo posted:

It's like this poo poo doesn't appear almost verbatim in the OP. :suicide:
Sorry :(

Edit: Which is funny, because I did read it at one time, and was even going to go back and look and see if the aim issue was there, but I just forgot.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Are any of the DLC guns worth it? I've been trying for the Engineer one but I can never manage 6 vehicle kills in a single match. Any tips? The damage on the first two launchers leaves much to be desired.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011
PROTIP: You do not have to bail on the vehicle to get a friendly roadkill. Just seat swap right before impact. This is what Ghost Riding was in BF3.

Unless they patched that poo poo, then :dice: is a bunch of unfunhavers.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Jimbot posted:

Are any of the DLC guns worth it? I've been trying for the Engineer one but I can never manage 6 vehicle kills in a single match. Any tips? The damage on the first two launchers leaves much to be desired.

c4 son

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

Jimbot posted:

The MP7? It doesn't have to all be in one round, the ribbons for the assignment are cumulative. General consensus seems to be that it's pretty good. The MTAR is also one of the better choices for carbines.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Yeah, I figured I'd try out the launchers to see how they were. The description on the second one is misleading as all hell. Hit a tank square in its rear end doesn't disable poo poo.

Snackpack Backpack posted:

The MP7? It doesn't have to all be in one round, the ribbons for the assignment are cumulative. General consensus seems to be that it's pretty good. The MTAR is also one of the better choices for carbines.

Really? I've 15 ribbons but the status still says 0/3. Unless it is link with the shoot down an air-vehicle with AA and only says you completed it when you managed to do that too.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The MTAR is ridiculously good. And I personally love the iron sights for it.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Jimbot posted:

Really? I've 15 ribbons but the status still says 0/3. Unless it is link with the shoot down an air-vehicle with AA and only says you completed it when you managed to do that too.

From what I can tell you have to get the ribbons after the unlock became possible. It did this to me too. I had a number of ribbons when the requirements unlocked but it told me I had 0/3. Upon getting my next ribbon it went to 1/3 and so on. Just get 3 more ribbons.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

Tasoth posted:

PROTIP: You do not have to bail on the vehicle to get a friendly roadkill. Just seat swap right before impact. This is what Ghost Riding was in BF3.

Unless they patched that poo poo, then :dice: is a bunch of unfunhavers.

That's scrub tier. Real ghost riding is getting out so you can watch it happen and then put together a video montage of it later.

Seat swapping is just :effort: personified.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

bringer posted:

That's scrub tier. Real ghost riding is getting out so you can watch it happen and then put together a video montage of it later.

Seat swapping is just :effort: personified.

Is it just me or is seatswapping just difficult on consles? On PC I could near-instantly switch between any of the useful seats I want. But here I have to hit X or A and there's this long delay as I cycle through all the available seats. There's just no easy way to go "Okay, gotta swap to an open seat to repair and then back into the drivers".

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
Is there an easier way to make a gif from a PS4 capture besides exporting to Facebook and then downloading the video?

Pudgygiant
Apr 8, 2004

Garnet and black? More like gold and blue or whatever the fuck colors these are
I would say that I did not get the better of this engagement. Well done sir.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CB519588B432A7C0!593&authkey=!AHGynP5JO1Cxb_M&ithint=video%2c.mp4

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

Ularg posted:

Is it just me or is seatswapping just difficult on consles? On PC I could near-instantly switch between any of the useful seats I want. But here I have to hit X or A and there's this long delay as I cycle through all the available seats. There's just no easy way to go "Okay, gotta swap to an open seat to repair and then back into the drivers".

You're right, there's no way to switch directly to the seat you want like the function keys on the PC. If you're in the gunner seat of an AMTRAC and want to drive you have to tap A for like 4 seconds or get out and get back in.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jimbot posted:

The sniper rifle is pretty much just as good as the starting sniper rifle, which happens to be the best sniper until the very last one which is the best by far.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

Jimbot posted:

The GOL Magnum doesn't even come with a scope. You've gotta ironsight snipe dudes for at least 30 kills until you get the ACOG.

:dice:'d again.

The MP7 is pretty great, the M60 is an M60. The DAO-12 takes waayyy too long to reload and I don't bother using it over the M1014 or the DBV-12.

The MTAR is probably the best of the bunch, or maybe the L85A2.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

bringer posted:

The GOL Magnum doesn't even come with a scope. You've gotta ironsight snipe dudes for at least 30 kills until you get the ACOG.

:dice:'d again.

The MP7 is pretty great, the M60 is an M60. The DAO-12 takes waayyy too long to reload and I don't bother using it over the M1014 or the DBV-12.

The MTAR is probably the best of the bunch, or maybe the L85A2.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

I guess I'm not at the point where I can unlock them yet. I thought you could unlock them at any point after level 10 because of that requirement and they just put them at the end of the list because they were DLC weapons. At least now I know and don't have to sweat about destroying 6 vehicles in one round. It really disrupts your ability to focus on everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Can I play conquest without crashing all the time yet? I don't think I've touched this game in December but now I've finished AC4 and only play my new vita when pretending to work.

• Locked thread