Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

WastedJoker posted:

6 isn't it? With one of those perk thingies.

I think it's only ever 3 slams though :(

I often forget I've placed slams as an engineer and it's a nice surprised when soem mope rides over them randomly.

Yeah its only 3 slams now, used to be 6 but I guess that was too op for :dice:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Crashed when skipping rewards at the end of the round. Nice! I'm positive they must have snuck some code in where it assigns a random key or button to crash the game every time you play it.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Ummmm, first round after patch today and I seem to be getting killed awfully quickly. Ping is 43 which isn't too bad.

Is the one-hit kill bug back and worse than ever?

Also, the "way" you die seems weird and I can't put my finger on it.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

WastedJoker posted:

Ummmm, first round after patch today and I seem to be getting killed awfully quickly. Ping is 43 which isn't too bad.

Confirmation bias in full effect.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Sandweed posted:

That would make the laser completely useless dumbass.
Considering that it's only useful when hip-firing and is otherwise just a self-inflicted dorito, no, it wouldn't.

Lazyfire posted:

I don't think that will be a thing they'll consider. The ballistics are so tied to how the game works now that I don't think they could make the change without completely alienating their audience and it doesn't seem like they would be making a ton of inroads with the COD people by making that single change. Basically, you would have to be as dumb as the people who turned the Dead Space franchise into a co-op buddy shooter to appeal to a wider...Oh gently caress.
If the way they're supposed to work is that the time difference from one player's "shoot a bullet" message to another's exceeds the amount of time it would take the bullet to travel that distance and make them instantly unable to fire, then there are a lot of ways that can break. Tickrate granularity, delaying bullet evaluation by a frame, evaluation order (i.e. whether shooting or being killed registers first within a frame), or my favorite, the BF3-era net code quirk where clients take damage on the server when client movement commands are processed rather than on the world time step (which is why unresponsive clients are invulnerable).

I'd imagine it's not just ballistics, if it's just ballistics then any kill under 20 meters (in general) would require the fatal shots within the same 1/30th of a second, and kill trades happen at short ranges way too often for that to be the case.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Dec 16, 2013

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
Nothing in the notes about the bug that forces you to quit the game if you get revived while you're editing a loadout, cool. No fixes for burst fire guns jamming up all the goddamn time either.

At least they finally got around to working on fixing kill trading.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm just looking forward to seeing how that sound loop crash bug fares. Every single play session I have with BF4 ends on a sour note with a loud sound loop in my ears. The game is a lot of fun but it is just inevitable that your customer base will have a lasting negative impression of your products if they are always rudely booted out of them. I haven't had to task manager something closed in literally years, DICE.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Loving the 93R. Should I use the Muzzle Brake with burst fire?!

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

JoshVanValkenburg posted:

Loving the 93R. Should I use the Muzzle Brake with burst fire?!
Muzzle breaks help your vertical recoil. If you can manually control it (and on most guns its pretty easy) there's no need for it.

Also, consider slapping silencers on all your pistols. There's really no downside at the range you're using a pistol and having a silenced weapon when you need it is kinda nice if you don't play on hardcore servers.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I can't get enough of the shorty on perma-locker servers. It manages to keep a tight enough spread to headshot people at a surprisingly long range. Not rifle (or even well-aimed pistol) long but most of the hallways are short enough to bean people from one end to the other.

3 rounds though :negative:

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
When the roof wookies are limited, Zavod is the best map

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/412666664339337408/178864884/

Riller
Jun 16, 2008

WastedJoker posted:

It seems like it was still happening to me after the patch last night, and the enemy would show as dying but with 1 health remaining. I didn't really "test" it out, so don't take that as confirmation that it hasn't been fixed.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

If y'all don't like Rush, you're not playing with expanded tickets on (and optionally, hardcore). 75 tickets is way too little for the attacking team.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

It sounds like they were targeting erroneous deaths caused by high ping players. When you shoot a bullet it shouldn't just disappear because you die, its a thing that happens with physical bullets.

When bf3 launched goons loved that this happened because it was more real that other stuff like cod without being spergy.

Yeah it always made sense to me two dudes come up and shoot at each other and we both die at the same time seems like a thing that would happen a bunch in close quarters combat with everyone running around recklessly. The other day I was shooting a rocket at a tank and someone shot me and my rocket disappeared 5 feet from the tank and it made no sense at all to me was that rocket powered by my lifeforce?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Is it just me or did :dice: break tier 1 of indirect fire?

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

mcbexx posted:

To be honest, 90% of deaths feel like one-hit kills now.
So they "eliminated" it by making it commonplace, eh?
They've done absolutely nothing to improve any of this kind of thing. It's pretty great. You would see those happen from one or two players every 20 rounds or so in BF3.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Olive Branch posted:

If y'all don't like Rush, you're not playing with expanded tickets on (and optionally, hardcore). 75 tickets is way too little for the attacking team.

I literally play nothing but obliteration - best game mode.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
I quite like the new death ragdolling. Bit of variation.

Since launch I've been unable to get through a round on Shanghai. Now I played a round and a half without sound looping out. Performance also seemed improved for me. Micro stuttering a lot less pronounced.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoQcJHH1-iU

Accidental kills are the best kills.

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Can anyone tell me how to use the JDAMs? Does the target reticule point to where the bombs will land? Does it take into account how fast I'm moving?

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Doflamingo posted:

An AR, Carbine or LMG will do the work just as well without being a huge piece of poo poo beyond 10m.

I've taken out 6-7 guys in one pass a few times without having to reload my 870. Can't do that with an AR or Carbine :colbert: Doable with an LMG though.

Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM
Banned because I killed an admin on his crouch server with a pistol and a flashbang. :thumbsup:

Someguy
Jul 15, 2001

by Lowtax
Was gonna cross post this and forgot: Don't know if anyone posted this already but you can still get into the ceiling on Op Metro. Apparently the same way you could last time, via the MAV elevator glitch.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Can anyone tell me how to use the JDAMs? Does the target reticule point to where the bombs will land? Does it take into account how fast I'm moving?

Reticule marks where the bomb will land. I wouldn't use them if I were you though, since they're super hard to hit for significant damage.

jzilla
Apr 13, 2007

Dotcom656 posted:

Banned because I killed an admin on his crouch server with a pistol and a flashbang. :thumbsup:

A loving crouch server?! So you have to crouch at all times? Why?!

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

jb7 posted:

Extreme tactical realism probably.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Do the carbine and LMG variants of the QBZ-95 have the same misaligned sight poo poo?

jb7 posted:

Aiming at moving targets is hard. :downsgun:

Dotcom656
Apr 7, 2007
I WILL TAKE BETTER PICTURES OF MY DRAWINGS BEFORE POSTING THEM

jb7 posted:

They make really easy targets for no scope bolt actions and DMR's honestly.

the_worm_
Mar 11, 2001
I still feel like if you have a squad full of Supports with multiple ammo crates out you can get as many UCAV's in a row as you have available ammo crates. (I think someone did some experimenting a page or so back, so some of us tried today too) The first reload takes awhile, but after that it's not so bad if you have at least 6 crates around.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

jb7 posted:

I saw a few of these in COD:BLOPS. They say it makes movement more "tactical", but honestly it's probably just because it makes it easier to camp. Also, one of them was a SUPER CHRISTIAN server, where, while shooting, stabbing, and blowing people up the admin would read from scripture over voice chat. I'm not kidding.

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
I want the BF3 killscreen back, where your soldier did that stupid grasping hand animation every single death.

Gazaar
Mar 23, 2005

.txt

Gonkish posted:

I saw a few of these in COD:BLOPS. They say it makes movement more "tactical", but honestly it's probably just because it makes it easier to camp. Also, one of them was a SUPER CHRISTIAN server, where, while shooting, stabbing, and blowing people up the admin would read from scripture over voice chat. I'm not kidding.

Asinine rules have been part of Christian servers for as long as I can remember seeing them. They're so special~~

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

teagone posted:

I've taken out 6-7 guys in one pass a few times without having to reload my 870. Can't do that with an AR or Carbine :colbert: Doable with an LMG though.

Unfortunately the shotguns are horribly inconsistent because of netcode or something. I've killed 6-7 guys with the 870, and other times I've shot the first guy 3 times in close proximity and then been killed by them turning around and hosing me. :dice:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

fivre posted:

I want the BF3 killscreen back, where your soldier did that stupid grasping hand animation every single death.

I want the camera to follow the eyes of the player model as it flops about, it'll make death more hilariousrealistic, like when playing first person in Mount & Blade.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Are you talking about the same ragdoll where the enemy body just flies off in a random direction after you shoot them.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gazaar posted:

Asinine rules have been part of Christian servers for as long as I can remember seeing them. They're so special~~

I loved playing BC2/BF3 on Christian servers. You could get kicked from servers for saying "rear end" while your in-game soldier murders people and screams "WE'RE GETTING hosed UP THE rear end OVER HERE" :allears:

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Are you talking about the same ragdoll where the enemy body just flies off in a random direction after you shoot them.

ive had this happen as I shot guys vaulting over walls. They just go flying off into the stratosphere

CONVERT PDF TO WORD
Jul 7, 2003

Vatek posted:

Nothing in the notes about the bug that forces you to quit the game if you get revived while you're editing a loadout, cool. No fixes for burst fire guns jamming up all the goddamn time either.

At least they finally got around to working on fixing kill trading.

On the burst fire jamming, could it be your mouse? I had a Logitech G500 that would constantly jam on firing in BF3 and I discovered the LMB had dodgy soldering with its contacts.

CONVERT PDF TO WORD fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 16, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Gonkish posted:

American-Christianity.txt

I'm surprised you haven't run into this before. It's super common in other shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
So not only did they manage to make the gunplay very very worse, but they didn't even fix the trading bug.

:dice:

Edit: I am firing first in gunfights, doing no damage despite firing right at the guy, then dying instantly. Or I'm getting people killed around walls. This is on a 10-15 ping server.

• Locked thread