Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
I've been playing this game on my PS4 (and Vita) daily, but I always forget I am in the goon clan. I should go contribute some mats when I am on later...

It is actually surprising how well the game plays on remote play. I haven't really had any problems whatsoever remaining competitive from a damage caused % perspective. Aiming with the smaller analog sticks does take a little getting used to, but it is perfectly playable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

I'd forgotten how fun Saryn is, not only is she one of the best looking warframes, you walk into rooms and blooort! everything dead.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

Flipswitch posted:

I'd forgotten how fun Saryn is, not only is she one of the best looking warframes, you walk into rooms and blooort! everything dead.

She's my favourite, since she's also pretty durable.

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

This reminds me, I stopped playing around update 8-ish and came back a couple of weeks ago. What happened to the PC Clan Dojo? I remember it being this labyrinthine place with elevators and turns everywhere. But then I came back to a simple layout with only the basic rooms laid out for quick access. Did DE reset everything at some point or did I just miss a huge internal struggle in which the Minimalist Goon Front emerged victorious?

Mr Fahrenheit
Dec 10, 2010

Travelin' at the speed of light.

Washin Tong posted:

This reminds me, I stopped playing around update 8-ish and came back a couple of weeks ago. What happened to the PC Clan Dojo? I remember it being this labyrinthine place with elevators and turns everywhere. But then I came back to a simple layout with only the basic rooms laid out for quick access. Did DE reset everything at some point or did I just miss a huge internal struggle in which the Minimalist Goon Front emerged victorious?

They released new tilesets, and I think we opted to replace everything with the new tileset and make it less of a clusterfuck.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
It was free in terms of resources to deconstruct the dojo and reconstruct it in a less absurd layout. It's still not the best it could be, but gently caress it i'll wait for DE to make the dojo not a pain in the rear end to manage first.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Helter Skelter posted:

The percentage is the chance a given shot will be a crit. The multiplier is what your damage is multiplied by on a crit. So if you have a gun that does 100 damage with a crit chance of 20% and a multiplier of 2.0x, you'll do 200 damage on a crit. Additionally, crits are multiplied by 4x on a headshot (2x normally), so if that same gun crits on a headshot, it would do 800 damage.

Ok, thanks. The percentage was fairly self-explanatory. Except, what happens with >100% crit chance?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

hooah posted:

Ok, thanks. The percentage was fairly self-explanatory. Except, what happens with >100% crit chance?

Red crits. I think they further increase the crit multiplier but I'm not sure exactly. The wiki is kind of vague on them.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
Working on a Banshee, my last non-prime frame to get to 30. Should be done this week.

Then all I need is to get Frost/Ember/Mag Primes and that'll be that.

Ash is still my go-to favorite because Bladestorm is the greatest ability in-game.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

This game has a lot of problems but I feel like people are kind of too hard on it. I don't play it because I love grinding or whatever, I actually really enjoy just playing it for fun and the time I've put into it was because I actively have fun with it, not because I'm addicted or whatever. It's the only F2P game I play and that's because it's the only one I've seen with fun gameplay that also doesn't have a really unfair economy.

I think games can still be really good while having a huge list of flaws, and I think there's real potential for a good game underneath this game's weirdness. It's hitting that level of awesome more and more frequently in my opinion. For example Dragon's Dogma is one of the most awesome things I've played but I still don't feel like I can recommend it to anyone without bringing up a laundry list of things that are wrong with it at the same time.

MJ12 posted:

Infested were accidentally/not so accidentally/:de: given greatly-improved resistances to slash damage, so it's not really good anymore.

This says they take extra damage from slash.

Washin Tong posted:

Pretty much the latter, although we do have a garden with a spinning fish that we collectively stare at from time to time

Tezzeract posted:

The worst part of the game right now is the new user experience, which irritated the Eurogamer guy to no end. All they really need to do is to swap tilesets and have the newer players fight in all the newer tilesets (Void, Derelict, Tatooine, Jupiter, Hoth).

The tutorial mission starts off in a Void survival 'dream'. You start your missions fighting in the outer planets and you slowly unlock the inner Solar System, ie the lovely tilesets. 4/10 jumps to 7/10 instantly.

It's ironically the least important part of the game to fix because the active players who are spending cash are the ones you have to entertain.

I feel like it's actually really important for them to improve the new user experience because right now it's probably turning away thousands of people. That's a lot of money they're missing out on that they could be getting a little while later, and having more people spread throughout all the missions would make the experience better for pretty much everyone.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Gestalt Intellect posted:

This says they take extra damage from slash.

They've been changing it a lot lately. For a while, Infested were neutral to slash and weak to impact. I'm glad they decided to re-add most melee weapons' one possible niche.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Just in time to see Infested removed as a reliably farmable faction, too!

Now you have to make keys.

im not very happy about that.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Having gone through the new user process recently, it was really bland and obtuse. I think they should spend Mercury and Venus just going over everything--all the mission types, crafting, mods, using the market, all that stuff. By the end of it, you should have played every mission type, replaced your starter weapons, have potatoes in your primary and frame, have a few mods to work with, be Mastery Rank 2, and be in the process of crafting another frame (just let you choose between whichever starter frames you didn't pick). Maybe you could also have encountered the Stalker: just have a special solo mission in Venus where he shows up to avenge Vor and you have to fend him off, and he drops the Cronus or something to replace your melee weapon.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Having upgraded to the Orthos, that weapon is a godsend in infestation maps when I get a bunch of weak dudes running at me and I can kill them with a couple slashes.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

seiferguy posted:

Having upgraded to the Orthos, that weapon is a godsend in infestation maps when I get a bunch of weak dudes running at me and I can kill them with a couple slashes.

Which is why i've been holding off using forma on mine because i've been trying to get bloody orthos prime for like a month now. I mean the galatine is great and all with every single charge mod possible and a range mod. But the orthos just felt more fun to use, 1000+ charge damage be damned.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
When did they make Alad V such a shithead? I'm not used to only doing 1/4 of a shield bar per mag with my Gremlins modded for Magnetic damage.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Denzine posted:

When did they make Alad V such a shithead? I'm not used to only doing 1/4 of a shield bar per mag with my Gremlins modded for Magnetic damage.

I imagine when endgame players loaded to the nines with high-end modded weapons absolutely murdered him and then complained that he was too easy. Jupiter is endgame, right? :downs:

Where are all the good farming spots for mods/affinity/whatever? Kappa was wonderful but it's currently being invaded, so I'm kind of lost as to where to go at the moment. :(

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Nitrox posted:

Why don't you click on it and find out?

Because I've only seen them one time in the whole of my playing and it was right before I joined someone's invite, so, I thought maybe I'd ask...

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

hooah posted:

You just crit 100% of the time, there's no benefit to having a crit percentage above 100%. Red crits are different, they happen when getting special stacking crits (melee crits while invisible or crits through Volt's Electric shield).

Denzine posted:

It's a byproduct of armor scaling being hosed right now combined with level scaling on bosses.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

You know I'd enjoy these invasions better if they actually let me progress in an area. I actually need to get to the other side of Jupiter but can't because the nodes have been invaded for the past half a week. All I need is a control module :smith:

Also gently caress mobile defense against the Grineer because infinitely spawning Grineer for five minutes is the worst thing ever.

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Now that finals are over, I have a bit more free time. I sent in a clan request and messed around a bit before logging out. Honestly I'm totally lost with all the new stuff that I just kinda bowled over a few missions. I think I was working towards building a Banshee, is that still remotely a good idea?

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

LeafyOrb posted:

You know I'd enjoy these invasions better if they actually let me progress in an area. I actually need to get to the other side of Jupiter but can't because the nodes have been invaded for the past half a week. All I need is a control module :smith:

Also gently caress mobile defense against the Grineer because infinitely spawning Grineer for five minutes is the worst thing ever.

They hotfixed it so that finishing an invasion mission opens the next node, so you can just do it once and move on if you don't care about the reward.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

LeafyOrb posted:

I used to think the same way, back when Earth and Saturn were switched around in progression, and I didn't have a good way of dealing with rollers. Then someone noticed how much XP mobile defense hauled in. Then my weapons started getting really good. Then my mod loadout started allowing me to nuke like a maniac.

Incidentally, mobile defense is a staple of powerleveling your gear and accumulating vast quantities of mods. So, whether you want to just clear the mission or E-I-E-I-O it for all it's worth, grab a nuker buddy from clan to help.

QuantaStarFire posted:

They hotfixed it so that finishing an invasion mission opens the next node, so you can just do it once and move on if you don't care about the reward.
I was going to suggest getting a boost to the other side from clan, but I'm pleased to hear that they've implemented this.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
So my first mission ended with the door to the last room not opening for anybody but me, and the other players getting stuck on the wrong side. It only ended when one quit and the other clipped through the level geometry, somehow triggering the level's end.

I hope this isn't a common occurrence, as the game was pretty fun aside from that.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

If you have a Nova with you who was clever/dumb enough to take wormhole in your group, that can be used to work around the invisible door issue. I never noticed this glitch before the most recent update, but it happens more frequently than "not that often" now.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Lance Streetman posted:

So my first mission ended with the door to the last room not opening for anybody but me, and the other players getting stuck on the wrong side. It only ended when one quit and the other clipped through the level geometry, somehow triggering the level's end.

I hope this isn't a common occurrence, as the game was pretty fun aside from that.

Doors not opening isn't uncommon. However, when it's happened to me, I'm usually the only one affected. And in my experience, the door's been invisible to me.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Lance Streetman posted:

That could be because of lag - were you the host?

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

LeafyOrb posted:

I think that the Void should have Control Modules in the drop table. Void 1's should be doable if you're normally around Jupiter.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
Not that I'm hoping DE would change Damage 2.0 *again*, but it's weird logic that radiation is giving bonus damage to robotics. Why would robots care about radiation? I guess they could make Infested being strong against radiation since they're magic space monsters. Confusion is also a weird thing as a proc, if anything it should've been a DoT proc on the target and their close by allies. Viral or toxin would be better as a confusion proc.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

TheBlandName posted:

I think that the Void should have Control Modules in the drop table. Void 1's should be doable if you're normally around Jupiter.

*checks inventory*

Yep, I've got 531 of those things. They definitely drop in the Void.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
So I picked up my Dual Zorens and played with them a bit.

Holy poo poo zorencoptering wheeeeeeee

Also they patched PS4 so crouching as a toggle can be disabled and it makes such a huge difference in unfucking the controls. I no longer feel like I'm playing a space ninja with a muscular disorder.

I recognize this is kind of a flawed game. So is Marvel Heroes. They are both really loving entertaining though and it's kind of sad that 95% of my gaming time is spent on these instead of the retail PS4 titles I picked up or my Steam backlog.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Crowbear posted:

*checks inventory*

So wow I just did this and got 3 of the drat things looks like I'll be making both Rhino and a sentinel, thanks. Is there a preference on sentinels? Edit: (That aren't Carrier)

LeafyOrb fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Dec 17, 2013

Kiyanis
Sep 25, 2007

BBQ Now.

Crowbear posted:

*checks inventory*

Yea I've come out of a single void survival 1 (lasted around 30 minutes) with something like 40-some odd control modules, seriously over 1 cm a minute, and I wish orokin cells had such a droprate somewhere.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

LeafyOrb posted:

Is there a preference on sentinels? Edit: (That aren't Carrier)
Shade (if you want something more defensive in nature) or Dethcube (shooty). Wyrm is just meh.

Korhal
Aug 9, 2007
Chaos and evolution, baby.
I'm using 3 ODD keys in about 15 minutes to try and get a Banshee Helmet if any goons want to come along, afterwards we might also burn through my T1 keys.

Just let me know in game I'm KorhalSA.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.
Wyrm's pretty good now. The CC ability is nice and its precept will always swap to the nearest target which helps a lot more than Djinn shooting the same dude 50 meters away and constantly missing for some loving reason. Granted that doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Denzine posted:

Wyrm's pretty good now. The CC ability is nice and its precept will always swap to the nearest target which helps a lot more than Djinn shooting the same dude 50 meters away and constantly missing for some loving reason. Granted that doesn't happen very often, but it does happen.

This also helps a lot if you have a fancy proc on your sentinel gun since it will spread the love more evenly among your enemies.

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight
Don't let DE know buuuuut, the infested defense on pallas is broken.

Infected cant do anything, so you can sit there forever grinding xp.

The little crawler that could.

MaNiAk fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Dec 17, 2013

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Unfortunately Pallas has already been defended so it's back to the usual Grineer sabotage mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrDude
Jun 23, 2011

wid posted:

Not that I'm hoping DE would change Damage 2.0 *again*, but it's weird logic that radiation is giving bonus damage to robotics.

Oh! Oh! Maybe future robots are powered by nuclear energy, and radiation, messes up the... plutonium or whatever.

Speaking of lore, is the "no cats in the future" title of the Warframe forums' lore thread a reference to something? I'd ask in that thread but I'm scared of forums that aren't SA