Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world
New GCCX Nintendo Eshop special, this time arino is playing the newly released NES Remix
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksHBwKtMAxs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

:scotland:

bpc908 posted:

New GCCX Nintendo Eshop special, this time arino is playing the newly released NES Remix

Looks like a cross between GCCX and the old UK show "GamesMaster", especially since this Nintendo Channel(?) episode has Arino facing off against three kids. Seems like it's easy to watch without subs, but whether or not it queue-jumps SA's release schedule depends on demand, right?

rdbbb
Jul 26, 2011

So while Indies Zero didn't make the third GCCX game, they did develop NES Remix, so they still got a tie to GCCX somehow. Wonder if Arino knew at the time.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

There's a home version due out early next year, if that's any consolation.
Awesome, even though I kinda wished it was a digital distributed game by itself rather than being part of a Pac-Man compilation (I'll probably still buy it if I have two or three people to play local multiplayer games with on a regular basis since Battle Royale just screams local "getting drunk with and yelling at your friends" multiplayer rather than online).

bpc908 posted:

This came out of nowhere and I'm already excited to watch this later tonight. :)

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

That looks like an insanely fun game. I hope it makes it overseas (preferably before the Wii U slides even further down the slope o' failure).

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Hirayuki posted:

That looks like an insanely fun game. I hope it makes it overseas (preferably before the Wii U slides even further down the slope o' failure).

It's out today everywhere, I believe (called NES Remix instead of Famicom Remix, of course).

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Has anyone watched the recent two-parter? It's one of the meaner games I've seen on the show. In addition to some super-hard jumps, the second-to-last area has a cave where you talk to an old guy for advice. This guy gives you advice throughout the game, but if you pick a certain dialogue option there he reveals himself to be the devil and resets your game. It uses a password system but Arino still lost like three hours to it.

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"
Just watched the Famicom/NES Remix episode. It is all that is good in this world.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

Rochallor posted:

Has anyone watched the recent two-parter? It's one of the meaner games I've seen on the show. In addition to some super-hard jumps, the second-to-last area has a cave where you talk to an old guy for advice. This guy gives you advice throughout the game, but if you pick a certain dialogue option there he reveals himself to be the devil and resets your game. It uses a password system but Arino still lost like three hours to it.

It was such a brutally difficult game, which makes the fact it was heavily requested by viewers really funny, I guess people like to see him suffer.

Plus, those ear-splitting sound effects and music.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Watched the Paris episode, it was a really enjoyable episode. Windjammers was a nice surprise, I was really disappointed when Arino didn't pick up that copy of Moonwalker, maybe it'll be a challenge one of these days.

Mario & Wario looks like a horrible game. Some of the puzzles were kind of interesting, but most of it looks like tedious bullshit, especially with a trackball mouse. Every few years I forget that laser mouses didn't always exist.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mario & Wario reminds me of the Mario vs DK DS games. I didn't realise there had already been a lemmings style Mario, I thought it looked neat.

mthw
Nov 26, 2003

night
thanks for the heads up on that Paris episode, hadn't watched this series in a long time.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Just grabbed NES Remix and it is definitely along the lines of "Retro Game Master". Highly suggested to the two other people that bought a WiiU.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Lifespan posted:

Just grabbed NES Remix and it is definitely along the lines of "Retro Game Master". Highly suggested to the two other people that bought a WiiU.

I'm playing it now instead of putting massive amounts of text over a video. :ssh:

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*

WesY2K posted:

Could somebody PLEASE make a wallpaer out of Tintin Ari-Ari? That is awesome!!!

Here you go. Also AriAri is the perfect name for this.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Lifespan posted:

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them, and the only person I know with a WiiU is seven and would not appreciate this game. :saddowns:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Broseph Brostar posted:

I was really disappointed when Arino didn't pick up that copy of Moonwalker

I just came to post this. I was really excited for a few seconds :negative:

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ

Lifespan posted:

Between your first sentence and watching the GCCX special for the game (which is really good untranslated for those who prefer to wait for SAGCCX or any other group to translate it), I really want to find someone with a Wii U and play it. $15 does feel kinda steep for that game, though, but hopefully it'll get some DLC featuring other games (hopefully third party games like Castlevania or Mega Man) and challenges (nothing like that has been announced, but we can only hope they can patch it for DLC sometime down the road :shobon:).

Also, that remix level for Mario Bros. Arcade featured in the video hurts my brain more than it should. :psyduck:

Edit: Looking at the main Wii U thread, some people are saying it's actually worth the $15. That's awesome, and I'm sure if/when I get a Wii U, this will be one of the first downloadable games I get. :)

Edit 2: If this becomes popular enough, could we get a Game Boy Remix for the 3DS? :pray:

Obeast fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 19, 2013

WesY2K
Mar 26, 2013

zari-gani posted:

Here you go. Also AriAri is the perfect name for this.

This is SO awesome!

Thank you very much!!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

I very badly want a Che Guevara style t-shirt with a still of Arino in that beret.

Don't tell me you didn't think of it too.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

I very badly want a Che Guevara style t-shirt with a still of Arino in that beret.

Don't tell me you didn't think of it too.

I didn't, but now that you mentioned it, yes, this needs to be a thing for sure.

As an aside, an opportunity really was missed to make an Asterix-style picture for the Paris special instead of a Tintin one. Just because replacing Obelix with Watanabe just makes itself.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It's here: http://www.sa-gccx.com/

As you'll notice a lot of the episodes still don't have any download options. If you can provide me with valid direct download, torrent links or embeds (dailymotion only for now) then I will gladly add them.

There is a torrent RSS feed for the most recent episodes and going forward the new episodes will be posted to twitter but there will be a lag as I have to prepare pages for them.

If you have any links or feedback then post it here but I'll be away from my work machine for a couple of weeks so I won't be making drastic changes.

Enjoy.

Mister Chief fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Dec 20, 2013

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

Mister Chief posted:

It's here: http://www.sa-gccx.com/

As you'll notice a lot of the episodes still don't have any download options. If you can provide me with valid direct download, torrent links or embeds (dailymotion only for now) then I will gladly add them.

There is a torrent RSS feed for the most recent episodes and going forward the new episodes will be posted to twitter but there will be a lag as I have to prepare pages for them.

If you have any links or feedback then post it here but I'll be away from my work machine for a couple of weeks so I won't be making drastic changes.

Enjoy.

I love you guys.

You or whoever runs it should post it to the SA GCCX Facebook page. I guess the paywall is up and people were complaining.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Game Center CX - Classic Games set to Coldplay Hits

Thanks for the effort involved from you guys.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Here's to hopin' no overtly zealous lawyer gets ants in their pants about this~.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

quakster posted:

Here's to hopin' no overtly zealous lawyer gets ants in their pants about this~.

Its cool, Kibe's got our back. He can run interference and wave shiny things in front of their lawyers whenever the topic comes up.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Good to see the website is up now! RSS for torrents works spiffingly, too.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

The site looks really good Mister Chief, great job!

A fan baked some Kacho cookies!
http://p.twipple.jp/4THmX

From Twitter user mikarin0811
https://twitter.com/mikarin0811

Kakaricho fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Dec 20, 2013

McLaglen
Nov 12, 2011

what is love?
what is free love?
what is love?
love is free.

:scotland:
The new website may just be the best 'advertising' tool the show will ever have in the West; big thanks to those involved in its creation! With that solid foundation in place, now we just need to make sure it organises and covers as much translated content as possible, including:

~ Non-Challenge Segments for the DVD episodes
~ The DS games (including the second one's in-progress translation)
~ Other minor stuff "related" to the show (Arino interviews, advertising spots, the April Fools releases, art and resources like this, etc.)

As long as there's a piece of GCCX left untranslated, there'll always be anticipation from the fanbase to see it tackled. Projects like this give lots of momentum to that goal by bringing in new people to the fanbase. Hopefully the site will be as long-lived as the fanbase itself!

leather fedora
Jun 27, 2004

The closest acceptable translation is
"die properly"
I'm probably going to the stamp rally event tomorrow, but I'm not sure when I'll get there. Probably after 2 or so.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

leather fedora posted:

I'm probably going to the stamp rally event tomorrow, but I'm not sure when I'll get there. Probably after 2 or so.

drat all of you who live less than 10,000 km from Akihabara. :argh: One of these years I'll have to plan a trip to Japan at Christmas time to do the stamp rally.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Really good timing on this.

Thank you for it, BTW.

Gutcruncher posted:

Its cool, Kibe's got our back. He can run interference and wave shiny things in front of their lawyers whenever the topic comes up.

They can't kill us. We're [redacted for the next eight hours or so] for them!

thetrout
May 10, 2013
The new site is amazing! It'll be a lot easier to plug the show to my friends now. Thanks!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Random Stranger posted:

They can't kill us. We're [redacted for the next eight hours or so] for them!

This doesn't leave too many options, now.

EDIT: Officially calling Retro Game Master DVDBOX 2.

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 20, 2013

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

TheMcD posted:

This doesn't leave too many options, now.

The only thing left is to speculate wildly.

They're going to handle translating for a GCCX AMA?

Mysse
Oct 10, 2012

leather fedora posted:

Drop by and say hello if you se mee, you'll recognize me by my gray scarf and black beanie with white stripes on it :p

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

I think you guys know what this means...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Random Stranger posted:

It means I need to get home so I can see imgur images (stupid work proxy)? :v:

bpc908
Jan 27, 2013

Kacho of My own little gaming world

Random Stranger posted:

it's NES Remix special? Yep it's NES Remix Special

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xamphear
Apr 9, 2002

SILK FOR CALDÉ!

Random Stranger posted:

Another bit-starved raw ruined by xvid encoding and horrible typeface?