Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khagan
Aug 8, 2012

Words cannot describe just how terrible Vietnamese are.

JosephWongKS posted:

The Basement is pretty much Attack on Titan's Elf Island.

Basement is more likely to happen than Elf Island though, jus' sayin' :shrug:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Khagan posted:

We're totally going to see ELf Island next time Mirua publishes a chapter. :shepface:

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

Genocyber posted:

We're totally going to see ELf Island next time Mirua publishes a chapter. :shepface:

Just once he's done with this miniseries!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Khagan posted:

I think even the end of this arc, or the next one is going to be The Basement. That is if Eren doesn't get kidnapped again.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I think even the end of this arc, or the next one is going to be The Basement. That is if Eren doesn't get kidnapped again.

The Wallist/Military Police conspiracy is going to attack Levi's hideout and kidnap Eren, calling it now.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I know what's in the basement: nothing. Once Eren opens the door to the basement he will finally confront what his father did to him down there. If only mom was still alive, it would've never happened but those monsters killed her and left Eren alone with him. He was only a child, and his father was so much larger than him, he couldn't fight back. But, now Eren is bigger and stronger; he will never let him touch him again. He's going to confront that titan and win.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

visceril posted:

I know what's in the basement: nothing. Once Eren opens the door to the basement he will finally confront what his father did to him down there. If only mom was still alive, it would've never happened but those monsters killed her and left Eren alone with him. He was only a child, and his father was so much larger than him, he couldn't fight back. But, now Eren is bigger and stronger; he will never let him touch him again. He's going to confront that titan and win.

Screw fascist themes, AoT is obviously a metaphor for fighting back against abusive parents.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

visceril posted:

:stonk: Yeah no. This series is pretty dark but not THAT kind of dark.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

blastron posted:

Screw fascist themes, AoT is obviously a metaphor for fighting back against abusive parents.

Before the Rage Titan reveal I used to joke with my friends that AoT was actually about this. Mikasa blatantly having a thing for Eren only made the potentially incestuous tones hit harder, because I did not know of her real origins yet.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If Eren hasn't reached the basement in 23 years, then we can call it Elf Island.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
It only took 10 years to get to fishman island.

Quantum Toast
Feb 13, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

If Eren hasn't reached the basement in 23 years, then we can call it Elf Island.
Is that 23 years in-series or out?

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
Does anyone have a link to those fake teaser pages? I wanted to show them to a friend who just got caught up with the anime, but I can't find them. I was specifically looking for the image of the supporting cast turning into titans.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
There's an imgur gallery here with the japanese raws, but I can't find a version with the localized translations.

Internet Alias
Dec 5, 2005
Mirrors are more fun than television.
Perfect, thanks!

coathat
May 21, 2007

Missing Name posted:

Oh poo poo, now I can't find the second series again.

You can only get the first and latest chapter on their website. The app gives you more of the back chapters but eventually you won't be able to get them there either since they are going to start selling them in some form.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

So, decided to binge on this manga in a few days (Didn't pick it up after the anime airing) and having heard the author has taken a page or two from Muv-Luv, I cannot be the only one who thought at chapter 50...

:siren:Muv-Luv spoilers:siren:

that there'd be a chomp moment. While reading I had somehow managed to convince myself it would totally happen. :ohdear: Now that it didn't happen, I'm almost disapointed, it would've fit almost perfectly. :colbert: (No, not really, would've been kind of tiring, I suppose). But oh do I wish someone would make a few fake panels, present it to someone who hasn't read the manga as a part of the whole and record his reactions. Welcome to the PTSD train :kheldragar:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I think you are full of right. Look at this thing here as a "hint": http://i16.mangareader.net/shingeki-no-kyojin/50/shingeki-no-kyojin-4507957.jpg

coathat
May 21, 2007

New spoof. https://www.mangabox.me/reader/SpoofonTitan/

I like Mikasa's ideal life.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Merry xmas.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

coathat posted:

New spoof. https://www.mangabox.me/reader/SpoofonTitan/

I like Mikasa's ideal life.
Is this hosted anywhere that doesn't have a horrible javascript reader and awful upload speeds? Literally minutes for an image to load in the year 2013. :pwn:

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

visceril posted:

I know what's in the basement: nothing.

I agree. It's just going to be one big Kung Fu Panda moment and everyone will realize the secret ingredient to titans is nothing and everyone will be a titan. Because when everyone is a titan, no one is.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
That's the key to defeating the Monkey Titan? Going "Skadoosh"?

coathat
May 21, 2007

Sindai posted:

Is this hosted anywhere that doesn't have a horrible javascript reader and awful upload speeds? Literally minutes for an image to load in the year 2013. :pwn:

You can download the app. It's weird that your browser can't handle it when it runs on mobile safari perfectly.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
This christmas my sister surprised me with this:

First issue of Shingeki no Kyojin in brazilian portuguese. It is quite a surprise it got published here, I never though I would see it. Usually only the most widely popular mangas get published here, so I guess it shows how big this series got.

(title is "Attack of the Titans", in portuguese. A much better title than "Attack ON Titan")

Elias_Maluco fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Dec 26, 2013

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
I always loved the original translated english title "Advance of Titans", until Isayama ruined it with his hosed up idea of English grammar.

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Popehoist posted:

I always loved the original translated english title "Advance of Titans", until Isayama ruined it with his hosed up idea of English grammar.

At least it's not as bad as, "Diamond is not Crash".

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Popehoist posted:

Everything's spelled right and there are no mysterious punctuation marks, I think they did a good job considering Japan's bizarre inability to check translations or even spelling before they release it to the public.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Sarcophallus posted:

At least it's not as bad as, "Diamond is not Crash".

I say Diamond is Not Crash gets a pass solely based off the fact that that Part had such lovely Duwang translation for such a long time, it's just so perfectly fitting.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Elias_Maluco posted:

This christmas my sister surprised me with this:

First issue of Shingeki no Kyojin in brazilian portuguese. It is quite a surprise it got published here, I never though I would see it. Usually only the most widely popular mangas get published here, so I guess it shows how big this series got.

(title is "Attack of the Titans", in portuguese. A much better title than "Attack ON Titan")

Nice gift. Attack on Titan is apparently the #2 manga out there in terms of popularity right now. In America it is one of the highest selling graphic novel. I imagine there is going to be an even bigger explosion when they make a second season of the anime.

Edit. I like "Attack on Titan". It's got a nice ring to it that "Attack of the Titans" doesn't really have, but "Advance of the Giants" is also pretty good.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 26, 2013

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 244 days!

I can't not see this as Levi saying "hey ladies, I'm just as good with my fingers as I am with 3DG" :psyduck:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Attack on Titan is going to blow the gently caress up in the West when it finally gets a slot on Adult Swim.

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Nice gift. Attack on Titan is apparently the #2 manga out there in terms of popularity right now. In America it is one of the highest selling graphic novel. I imagine there is going to be an even bigger explosion when they make a second season of the anime.

Edit. I like "Attack on Titan". It's got a nice ring to it that "Attack of the Titans" doesn't really have, but "Advance of the Giants" is also pretty good.

What's #1, One Piece?

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

AdjectiveNoun posted:

What's #1, One Piece?

Yeah.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-12-01/top-selling-manga-in-japan-by-series/2013

Ezzer
Aug 5, 2011

Personally I always liked "Assailing Leviathans" but w/e

AdjectiveNoun
Oct 11, 2012

Everything. Is. Fine.

Ezzer posted:

Personally I always liked "Assailing Leviathans" but w/e

Surely you mean "Aggressing Eotenas"?

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012

AdjectiveNoun posted:

Surely you mean "Aggressing Eotenas"?

Actually I believe that one was "Eotena Onslaught".

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!
Big Guys Going In

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
I still have a soft spot for Bigmans Walking, myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jotuns Jogging.